sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6543|Denmizzark!!

Zero!. wrote:

Was just checking me stats and it seems i have over 1k gaymore kills

Just wondering how many u lot have?

note and yes im a gaymore whore and its nothing to be proud off
Depends how you use them... If you run headless into a group of enemies just to place a claymore I agree its gay.. But for defence there is nothing wrong with it..
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6495|England
What does it matter how many someone has? its a valid weapon! just like an AK101 or Tank.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6561|Scotland
Check my stats i have quite a few lol
Ducksteina
Choleric groundpounder
+42|6555
315 gaymore kills - that's 2 % of my total kills. And sniper is my most played class! (66 hours)
I guess I'm an anti-claymore now
docnutz
+39|6769|B O S T ON area
547 b/c i have a  well rounded account
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6768|Vienna, Austria

jsnipy wrote:

Say what you will, claymores are part the game. Its annoying to get killed by them, but they teach you patience and caution. I think you may like saying "gaymore" because you think all the cool kids will want you to come and play.

Having said that ---      Claymore K:329  D:69      KDR:4.7681
No they basically teach me 2 things:

1) There are alot of losers there who plant them around flags making them literally uncappable.

which leads to

2) Claymores must be destructible again
Barrakuda777
+86|6746|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
I like them as they are, they encourage people to work as a squad, you have to stay in or near medic groups or snipers play merry hell with you. Plus, the amount of SPAM on city maps would make them pretty much pointless if they were destructable.

Best idea would be to make them trip (you have to STAND) on them to detonate, or you can have a clacker which sets them off which is 1) much more realistic and 2) much more tactical. I hate that my mines go off when im watching 4-5 unsuspecting squaddies move onto a CP and some noob charges in for the extra cap point....

I did suggest you could have them do both, left click to dumb drop them, right click to place and click (left) again on the clacker to detonate

That would be FUN as people would have no way of knowing which it was until they either step on it or it blows up in their face.

my $0.02

Kooda

Last edited by Barrakuda777 (2006-10-04 10:14:04)

dundee_hitman_2005
+8|6680|Scotland
Just over 4,000 lol
ToiletTrooper
+25|6785|WC
I hate gaymores, use knives, like me, almost 5k
stoned.defender
+2|6818
This post SUX!!!
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6706|Germany
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6634|Birmingham, UK
95! 0%!
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6716|67.222.138.85
939, 3%
OuTLaW667
+2|6438

ToiletTrooper wrote:

I hate gaymores, use knives, like me, almost 5k
Mmmm.....Eva been on a pistol and knife server???? lol
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6507

jsnipy wrote:

Say what you will, claymores are part the game.
meh,                          Claymore K:325  D:72 

Zero!. wrote:

i tend to slap em round fpags
meh,                         Defended CP  486

clays should be used. If you squad up, have a medic, no worries. the sniper isn't at the flag anymore if you see the claymore.
Audio
+130|6542|Orlando, FL
I've got 1,598.  I whored them before 1.3, where you could drop like 6 at a time.  Good times on Sharqi.
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6768|Vienna, Austria

Barrakuda777 wrote:

I like them as they are, they encourage people to work as a squad, you have to stay in or near medic groups or snipers play merry hell with you. Plus, the amount of SPAM on city maps makes them pretty much pointless.

Best idea would be to make them trip (you have to STAND) on them to detonate, or you can have a clacker which sets them off which is 1) much more realistic and 2) much more tactical. I hate that my mines go off when im watching 4-5 unsuspecting squaddies move onto a CP and some noob charges in for the extra cap point....

I did suggest you could have them do both, left click to dumb drop them, right click to place and click (left) again on the clacker to detonate

That would be FUN as people would have no way of knowing which it was until they either step on it or it blows up in their face.

my $0.02

Kooda
So I always have to sacrifice myself and give the enemy sniper a cheap kill and then hope to be revived... yes, that must have been why the claymores were put in in the first place X-D
Uhm what do you mean by 'Plus, the amount of SPAM on city maps makes them pretty much pointless.'? I mean the 'snipers' (which are as a matter of fact just a bunch of losers who can't use the rifle anyway) get their cheap kills with em, so they are not pointless for them, just for the others who want to play a normal game that is not minesweeper.
Btw, I don't know how often I will have to say this again, but you NEVER EVER place a claymore to be stepped on. That would be soooo stupid. You have a 65° arc of bearings shot in front of the mine, and not up. The thing can be triggered by everything that is meant to trigger (really, the possibilities for different fuzes are endless) but not by tripping on it. The on ein BF is an IR one.
[AR15]GerberSchwintz
+3|6647
1403 kills 232 deaths
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6637|Warlord

explosivo wrote:

1'342

and only 549 deaths by gaymore
Whilst holding. There's no record of deaths by, that shows how many times you've been killed holding claymores in your hand.

Vintageologist wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Say what you will, claymores are part the game. Its annoying to get killed by them, but they teach you patience and caution. I think you may like saying "gaymore" because you think all the cool kids will want you to come and play.

1) There are alot of losers there who plant them around flags making them literally uncappable.
Two words: teamwork. Okay that's one word.

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

I'll catch up soon, not to worry
sursparxalot
L0n3star
+13|6581|Austin , TX
587      144      4.0764 ------------ Be engineers guys stop whining its not like they cant be picked up....Or work with a squad ya know TEAMWORK......theres a whole section of points in this game that require working with a team....Claymores rock for defending flags!  I luv removing an enemies claymores from a flag after i kill him, picking up his kit, setting more down, just to have the dude run into em! hahahhahahahha!
jsnipy
+3,276|6532|...

Vintageologist wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

which leads to

2) Claymores must be destructible again
Ok, those are wise words. In fact as engy last night i must have disabled 7 in Warlord mansion alone. - but yes they really do need to be destructible (or engy should get some visual indicator). But i don't think it is good to punish people who use them for legitimate proactive defense or label them n00bish across the board.
Barrakuda777
+86|6746|Somewhere near a shrub or rock

Vintageologist wrote:

So I always have to sacrifice myself and give the enemy sniper a cheap kill and then hope to be revived... yes, that must have been why the claymores were put in in the first place X-D
Uhm what do you mean by 'Plus, the amount of SPAM on city maps makes them pretty much pointless.'? I mean the 'snipers' (which are as a matter of fact just a bunch of losers who can't use the rifle anyway) get their cheap kills with em, so they are not pointless for them, just for the others who want to play a normal game that is not minesweeper.
Btw, I don't know how often I will have to say this again, but you NEVER EVER place a claymore to be stepped on. That would be soooo stupid. You have a 65° arc of bearings shot in front of the mine, and not up. The thing can be triggered by everything that is meant to trigger (really, the possibilities for different fuzes are endless) but not by tripping on it. The on ein BF is an IR one.
Sorry my bad, if clays were destructable again, all the spam makes them pointless is what i was getting at.

I dont want to see them reverted to where they were is basically what im saying. I dont die to claymores alot, and i do manually trigger them (enemy) for my squad when we need to so i dont see why so many peopl have a problem with them.

I get that IRL, there not a step on mine but its a gameplay compromise... i would prefer a manual trip clay as it has so many fun possibilities....

Kooda

Oh and btw.... 25:1 clay ratio
http://bf2s.com/player/70294968/

Last edited by Barrakuda777 (2006-10-04 10:18:27)

Shocky_McPaddlefest
+4|6549
Whenever I kill a sniper, I pick up his kit and drop both claymores if there's not heavy fire.  I then pick up my ordinary kit and run away.

Basically you get two free kills for every sniper you kill.  +6 points, anyone?
TriggerLID
Power Nubs Unite
+6|6542
Hurlin
+5|6785|Australia

Zero!. wrote:

Was just checking me stats and it seems i have over 1k gaymore kills

Just wondering how many u lot have?

note and yes im a gaymore whore and its nothing to be proud off
Not many  should work at it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard