I2elik
+12|6752|Perth, Western Australia
A Current Affair is an Australian TV show that has always blamed Video Games for violence, sex and other things. But today it has now taken a stab at World of Warcraft, the largest MMORPG to come out, well, ever. What I find particularly pathetic about the story is that they chose the most pathetic, ugliest guy with the worst taste in music (Green Day) and blame his family breaking up because he played the game excessively. I mean, I play WoW, but even I have a girlfriend and a life, but this guy, ugh, I pity him.

Next thing you know they'll blame BF2 for the Iraq War, or Final Fantasy for teenagers becoming violent sexual deviants, it'd probably go along like this "Hey, this game is called Final Fantasy, and it's pretty friggin' awesome, but it has an EVIL DARK SIDE (oh noes D, it has violence and BOOBS, it'll turn your kids into sexual deviants. This, is Bob, bob recently turned 18, and he later had sex, we blame this on his favourite game Final Fantasy X".

Perth citizens, it's on in about half an hour, so get ready for the stupidest and funniest media report ever to grace TV.
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6445|Australia.
ahahaha, i really hate that show and the complete wank fest they try to pass off as journalisim

search "fan death" in wikipedia and you'll see the kinda shit this show tries to make everyone beleive
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6445|Australia.
i mean, common.. teenagers are sexual deviants anyway!

well.. at least i was

but i did play alot of BG2 and SOF heh....
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6721|Sydney, Australia
Lol, I wouldn't trust anything from ACA or Today Tonight. It's all trash. That's why there is a section about "Current Affair Programs" in the Chasers War on Everything.

Mcminty.
I2elik
I'm gonna watch it for laughs anyway.

Journalism my ass.
Aust1mh
+23|6568|Sydney, Australia
hate that game, my 21 year old brother plays in non-stop.... think he should get a job!
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6537|Search Whore killing fields
You said the magic words, World of warcraft. I think the game is  just a way to express thier gay side
I2elik
The game is good when you play it in moderation, say 5 hours at the most, even I don't play it that much anymore, I've come back to BF2, and I love it
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6474|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
i want to know what they blamed on before videos games came out???

they probably blamed it on board games or star wars!!!
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
can anybody post a vid of that segment, i missed it, and I think True Stories takes the piss out of it pretty well
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
You know why a lot of movie bussinesses blame video games? So that they can make more money... Since because of video games, hardly anyone is going to the movies. It's all about money.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6846
It's this sort fo thing that gives videogamers a bad PR. Videogame journalists have a hard enough time trying to push games into the mainstream wihtout this crap trying to ruin it. Thus why I have loathe ACA.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
In Asia, no one believes this BS... Hell, in Korea Gaming is like a national sport and it can be viewed on TV.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
TodErnst
It's not a bug, it's a feature
+38|6628|Muenster, Germany
I don't  like the graphics in "WORLD OF WHORECRAFT", it looks like it is made for girls only.
I hope all the girls don't become sexual deviants !

Last edited by TodErnst (2006-10-03 05:59:34)

Darky
Hi..
+71|6562|Here.
ACA is a waste of time tbfh. Some times I wish they would just GTFO.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6765|Dallas

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

In Asia, no one believes this BS... Hell, in Korea Gaming is like a national sport and it can be viewed on TV.
I hate Koreans in Guild Wars.  They look at the game like some kind of life and death thing and spend hundreds upon hundreds of hours making a build so that when you meet them in a PvP enviroment they nuke the shit out of you.

I usually get pissed and yell something to the effect of "Fuck you chi** motherfuckers, don't you have a gold farming sweatshop to working in right now or something you fucking sho***ed eyed motherfucker?"

I hate those cocksmokers.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

Sadly, i have a friend who is more addicted than that. He averages about 10 hours a day in a mix between DoTA amd WoW.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

A few guys at work play BF2, and a few play WOW.  When we hear the guys talk about WOW..... " I have my wizard and a pet...etc etc"....... we start to laugh our asses off.  I tried it, what a gay game.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Cougar wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

I hate Koreans in Guild Wars.  They look at the game like some kind of life and death thing and spend hundreds upon hundreds of hours making a build so that when you meet them in a PvP enviroment they nuke the shit out of you.

I usually get pissed and yell something to the effect of "Fuck you chi** motherfuckers, don't you have a gold farming sweatshop to working in right now or something you fucking sho***ed eyed motherfucker?"

Koreans and Thais are the asshole of Asia for gaming. Now you know why I kick koreans a lot on the ZM server sometimes.
Hawk390
+27|6644|Melbourne, Australia
i hate ACA, all they report is dole bludgers, drinkers, and men who dont pay child support. i saw that one last night and his stupid ugly mother is crying about him tearing the family apart. i mean COME ON WOMAN! just stop paying it with your credit card you STUPID BIATCH! and dear god was that boy UGLY
Reciprocity
+721|6581|the dank(super) side of Oregon
We used to have a tabloid show here in the states called a current affair.
I_SUCK_999
2 old & slow to pwnd U
+5|6447|Alice Springs

ELITE-UK wrote:

i want to know what they blamed on before videos games came out???

they probably blamed it on board games or star wars!!!
Dungeons & Dragons - you know pencil, paper & dice.  a computer was what the Govt had (and filthy rich bastards with Apple IIe's)
Aust1mh
+23|6568|Sydney, Australia

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

I saw a story about Korean gamers on the Discovery channel (Foxtel) it was sweet how they are into it.

They get into a sponsored house, have food and everything givin' to them.... must play games 6 hours or
more a day.

It must have been an old show as they were playing Starcraft allot... but yeah.... full time sport on TV
and trips over seas to compete.
I2elik

Cougar wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

rofl, +1, funniest thing I've read in a while.
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6694|Vancouver BC Canada
Final Fantasy makes me want to cut myself!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard