Mitch
16 more years
+877|6537|South Florida
Infintry only servers would be sooooo much better if, along with the infi only option, you could also have a Nade off option. Where grenades are disabled.

A: You constantly get teamkilled when the idiot behind you throws a nade in front of you.
B: Its simply not fun. It isnt a challange for some newb to throw a nade into a hallway, it gets good kills, but its over used. I like having an actual GUNFIGHT, where the quickest person to shoot wins, not who can blow you up...

What do you think?
15 more years! 15 more years!
Ryan
+1,230|6855|Alberta, Canada

Well, no war game would be complete without nades. I agree, the teamkilling is retarded, but it would take a big portion of the game out.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6719|67.222.138.85
I think there should be a version where your rifle only gets one shot, and it has alot of bullet drop, because that would take alot of skill and I think I die enough as it is.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6590|Florida
the problem i have is when I throw a grenade, someone rushes up to fetch it for me.....although thats always been a problem.  Its about like playing fetch with my dog, but usually my teammate doesnt come back, i have to go and revive his stupid ass.....while im getting punished for a tk

i think next time they do it ill let them sit there and think about their own stupidity
Sl1mx64
+2|6431
i agree, there is no war without grenades, and besides, grenades are part of the game. if your thinking of taking out grenades, i suggest taking out claymores, c4 and AT mines too
and yes i know, teamkills by your grenades can be stressful, but o well, every game has noobs that will walk right into a teamkill

Last edited by Sl1mx64 (2006-10-02 20:36:45)

DaZeD863
+11|6563
i say they take out everything that can kill you... then we can all sit around train accident and play patter ass
Longbow
+163|6659|Odessa, Ukraine
Take out ammo bags from support on IO.
James-m
+28|6562|England

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Infintry only servers would be sooooo much better if, along with the infi only option, you could also have a Nade off option. Where grenades are disabled.

A: You constantly get teamkilled when the idiot behind you throws a nade in front of you.
B: Its simply not fun. It isnt a challange for some newb to throw a nade into a hallway, it gets good kills, but its over used. I like having an actual GUNFIGHT, where the quickest person to shoot wins, not who can blow you up...

What do you think?
dude, grenades are part of basic INFANTRY tactics... you cant have a game without them, if you join the military youll understand... if you see a grenade next to you, your going to run for it, thus giving the enemy a chance to shoot you, its called war.

how old are you by the way?
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6707|Vancouver BC Canada
Definatly no, vehicles off is enough, if not too much. What do you want next, ranked pistol and knife mode?
vanmani
Unintentionally Verbose
+26|6603|Australia
Infantry only is better with fewer players.

Thing is, everyone has double sprint, they can all get to the action real fast. So with 64 players, you see 60 players all in the action at once, even on a 64 player map. Like.. 40 on 64 maps, or 20 on 32.. that's probably the sweet spot.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6750|The Hague, Netherlands

I'd say NO, leave it as it is................................

you wanted Infantry Only, This is Infantry Only
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
James-m
+28|6562|England
face it dezerteagel5, your out numbered on this one
Marinejuana
local
+415|6597|Seattle
Clearly the game should have a lot more options. There should be options to disable and enable probably all weapons and additionally, it should be possible to change the health settings. A low health mode where one hit kills would be fun and would encourage the development of new strategies. All of these things would add life to BF2 by expanding on the currently released material.

I think EA is very possessive of the life of BF2. They seemed to make it hard to mod and have given very few server options to add variety to the game. BF2's long term enjoyment is in a large part related to the stats system. Its disturbing to think how EA could just pull the plug and dump their next release on BF2 at any time.
JohnTx12
Stand still I need to shoot you
+44|6529|Plano,Texas
Nads are fun . But I always die from them*-) hmmmm
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6537|South Florida

James-m wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

What do you think?
dude, grenades are part of basic INFANTRY tactics... you cant have a game without them, if you join the military youll understand... if you see a grenade next to you, your going to run for it, thus giving the enemy a chance to shoot you, its called war.

Im 17. I dont have plans of joining the army. And, i have nothing against the grenade, i think its a good tool, but when the whole other team sends 40 nades shooting over a wall at the beggining of a karkand map, i think it really stretches the reality aspect.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6642|Washington, DC

I think 1.2 did some retarded thing where the grenades got a much farther throwing distance than needed.
Ether151
Banned
+22|6672

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

James-m wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

What do you think?

Im 17. I dont have plans of joining the army. And, i have nothing against the grenade, i think its a good tool, but when the whole other team sends 40 nades shooting over a wall at the beggining of a karkand map, i think it really stretches the reality aspect.
I think that nades are fine the way they are nothing needs to be changed in this game period, if you are mad because the usmc rains nades right at the beginning of Karkand (hell that is what I would do if I was in a war and I knew there had to bee at least 2 or 3 guys on the other side of a wall your damn right I am going to let the nades fly.) then go some where else hide in a bush or off to the far left or right if you know it is probably going to happen then do what ever you need to do to avoid it.  It doesn't take alot of common sense to avoid alot of these situations that are all brought up here time to time.  You need to try and out think the other guy and catch him slipping.  Practice and use your head a little bit.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6657|Malibu

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

BTW in infantry tactics, there will be an officer who will coordinate people to throw grenades at once meaning that there will be no place for you to evade them. At least in Battlefield 2, even though there will be a group throwing nades at approximately at same time, there will never be a time when EVERYONE throwing nades at different location covering full ground.
If you want reality, you wouldn't even be able to sprint like in BF2 when you get hit by an f'ing bullet in your leg, sniper rifle bullet stuck to your lung, using a f'ing shock paddle to revive a soldier who got shot in the head instantly, etc. Its a game and I do not think nade spamming is unrealistic. In fact, if you want more realistic scenario, there needs to be a supply crate where you can replenish your grenade instantly by just grabbing it and hrowing it. Way to prevent him to stop doing that? Send in a sniper.
w00stafa
Krylov Whore
+35|6570|AK101 Factory

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I think there should be a version where your rifle only gets one shot, and it has alot of bullet drop, because that would take alot of skill and I think I die enough as it is.
BF1942 ?
thats funny i was gona say there should be a granade only option or maybe a no bullet mode
maybe a water pistol option
Ryan
+1,230|6855|Alberta, Canada

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Also unrealistic. But it would be neat.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6499|Melbourne

Why were at it why dont we take out guns all together? it can be  Battlefield Peace
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6757|The Island of Carls Jr.
Whats next? No Pistols, Grenades, Crosshairs, Body Armor, Health/Ammo packs, and Defibs?
I agree that a few things in BF2 had to be nerfed but enough is enough!
137twozerosniper
+57|6577|UK

ryan_14 wrote:

Well, no war game would be complete without nades. I agree, the teamkilling is retarded, but it would take a big portion of the game out.
sooo if u take out vehicles its diffrent?? :s
SaladForks
/ph34r
+129|6594|Eastern USA
Hmm, I should spend a whole round of IO falalafuck and run into friendly grenades. See how much I can piss you 'nerf it more!' people off..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard