Ben>You
+90|6522

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Consoles are for eight-year-olds who are to stupid to mannually aim so they have to play games with built in aim-bots.
What the fuck console games are you playing kiddo?
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6687|Devon, England
wow, i cannot believe you all...

obviously you don't know an amazng game from a... sandwhich... so i'll just leave you all be.

good stories in games take a bit of knowledge in knowing how to, you know, think. seems none of you can do that...
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6705|Charlie One Alpha
The point being that Europe's gonna be screwed in the ass once again as the PS3 won't appear here until 2007 something. There are a couple of very good console games, about 2-3 for every platform, Metal Gear Solid series on the PSes, Resident evil 4 + Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes on the GameCube, and erm.. Halo (I guess) for the xbox..
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6774|Long Island
i've been saving money just to buy a ps3 with games/extra controllers and then selling them on ebay.  i intend on making a net gain of 1500 dollars
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

Slickdawg8 wrote:

i've been saving money just to buy a ps3 with games/extra controllers and then selling them on ebay.  i intend on making a net gain of 1500 dollars
eh?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6645

Yeah, I'm somewhat doubtful your going to sell it for $1900 odd...
Lazzars
+4|6644
got a couple "pre-ordered" at the local game shop (ie they said i get first dibs)

gunna get some suckers on Ebay with them
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6761|Dallas

FFLink13 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Consoles suck.  End of story.
ever played halo then?

i think you should revise your statements before stating them.
I own Halo 1 for PC dickhead.  I also own the GTA 1-2-3-4and Vice City on PC.  They all look and play better on the PC than they do on thier console counter-parts.

FFLink13 wrote:

obviously you don't know an amazng game from a... sandwhich... so i'll just leave you all be.

good stories in games take a bit of knowledge in knowing how to, you know, think. seems none of you can do that...
I'm sorry, Half-Life 1 and 2 have gotten how many awards and rave reviews?  Halo has how many?  Ohh that's right, people stop caring about the storyline in Halo when they reach the age of 15.  As a matter of fact, hows about I go make that poll right now.  PC game vs Console game, which is better?
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6619|Camp XRay

Slickdawg8 wrote:

are you referring to multiple ps3s with games and controllers or a single one?
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Fearmesnipers
+41|6442|Wales

FFLink13 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

ever played halo then?

halo is ure SHITE.

Its aweful
M3
Banned
+2|6419
HALO is the best selling video game franchise since 2001.

To just say "Halo sucks" is basically going against countless 9+ ratings given by sites like gamespot, IGN etc. and also saying 30 million people are morons?

You're the one who looks like an idiot. Instead of being a little jealous, envious prick who hates everything he hasn't played, can't play, or isn't currently playing... I suggest you join the crowd.
M3
Banned
+2|6419

Cougar wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

ever played halo then?

I own Halo 1 for PC dickhead.  I also own the GTA 1-2-3-4and Vice City on PC.  They all look and play better on the PC than they do on thier console counter-parts.

FFLink13 wrote:

I'm sorry, Half-Life 1 and 2 have gotten how many awards and rave reviews?  Halo has how many?  Ohh that's right, people stop caring about the storyline in Halo when they reach the age of 15.  As a matter of fact, hows about I go make that poll right now.  PC game vs Console game, which is better?
The Halo storyline is actually one of the most interesting (even though it has many borrowed elements) in the video-game world if you look deeper.

You think someone like Peter Jackson would even bother bringing the franchise to celluloid if the story was weak? The man who brought us his vision of Lord of the Rings and King Kong?

Don't be naive.

Last edited by M3 (2006-10-02 14:38:48)

Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6761|Dallas

M3 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

ever played halo then?

FFLink13 wrote:

The Halo storyline is actually one of the most interesting (even though it has many borrowed elements) in the video-game world if you look deeper.

You think someone like Peter Jackson would even bother bringing the franchise to celluloid if the story was weak? The man who brought us his vision of Lord of the Rings and King Kong?

Don't be naive.
Halo has a good storyline yes, but at the same time I think it trys a bit too hard to be....."epic", when it really isn't.  Half-Life's story line kept my attention and curiosity longer (actually it still has it) and I found it to be much much more entertaining.

Also Peter Jackson likes money.  Halo is the best selling console game so therefore, making a movie about it would probably entail alot of $$$$$$.  Cha-ching!
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6654|Australia
Halo is an absolutely kickass game on the console - except for the fact that i almost destroyed halo 2 in anger after finishing it and realising that the story wasnt over. That story line is very good - but sadly not good enough for me to go buy a 360 simply to play it.

Consoles > Computers because of the simple fact that you dont have to worry about the specs of your console. If its a PS game and you have a PS THEN IT WORKS! No worries about how good your graphics card is or how much ram you have.

Final thoughts though - The Nintendo Wii will kick X360 and PS3 ass. That thing is focussed on gameplay and fun, whereas the others are focussed on graphics...plus its controller is superfreakingawesome
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6651|Cambridge, England

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Consoles are for eight-year-olds who are to stupid to mannually aim so they have to play games with built in aim-bots.
jord
+2,382|6674|The North, beyond the wall.

Cougar wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

ever played halo then?

FFLink13 wrote:

We are on a PC online game forum,i have no doubt which will win.

Like if i go and make a poll entitled;"Which is better,BF2 or Runescape?".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway,i think console have a lot of positives to PC's.

Such as put in and play games,no installing and downloading and all that timewasting.

Don't fuck up half as much.

I prefer sitting on the Sofa and playing a game than sitting at a desk having to sit up right on my chair that only spins around and goes up and down.

Consoles are cheaper than PC's.

When friends come round you have to have one at a time on the PC,were as it's up to 4 on the consoles.
M3
Banned
+2|6419

Cougar wrote:

M3 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

ever played halo then?

Don't be naive.
Halo has a good storyline yes, but at the same time I think it trys a bit too hard to be....."epic", when it really isn't.  Half-Life's story line kept my attention and curiosity longer (actually it still has it) and I found it to be much much more entertaining.

Also Peter Jackson likes money.  Halo is the best selling console game so therefore, making a movie about it would probably entail alot of $$$$$$.  Cha-ching!
Not exactly. Peter Jackson is taking a huge, huge gamble here with a video-game movie as have many other producers who have attempted the same. The ONLY vid-game movie I can think of that actually brought in a profit was Resident Evil... the rest all took a heavy beating. Let's not talk about the reputation Uwe Boll gave the vid-game movie. Money is not his drive... the man is already exuberantly rich and famous. He does not strike me as a greedy man either. A greedy man would not spend a decade shooting a movie.

The argument you could bring up is that Peter Jackson is bias since filming LOTR and King Kong, he spent countless hours playing nothing but Halo in his trailer. This is without merit, since he announced that he was developping a new sort of "entertainment" with MS at the X06 Conference in Barcelona last week.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation

Cougar wrote:

M3 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

ever played halo then?

Don't be naive.

I disagree. The man made a movie about a fucking gaint ape. He didn't do THAT for the money, he did it because he WANTED TO. He wanted to do that movie ever since he started in the movie business, and with the money he earned with LOTR he went ahead and did it. He went for his dream. Good for him. Nobody needed a giant-ape movie, and he took enormous risk with making that film. Props to him. Halo's story is okay, and I look forward to seeing what Peter Jackson makes of it. But he SHOULD have done a metal gear solid or half-life movie. Or some more interesting game. Halo would not have been my first choice for a movie.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
M3
Banned
+2|6419

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Cougar wrote:

M3 wrote:

Don't be naive.

I disagree. The man made a movie about a fucking gaint ape. He didn't do THAT for the money, he did it because he WANTED TO. He wanted to do that movie ever since he started in the movie business, and with the money he earned with LOTR he went ahead and did it. He went for his dream. Good for him. Nobody needed a giant-ape movie, and he took enormous risk with making that film. Props to him. Halo's story is okay, and I look forward to seeing what Peter Jackson makes of it. But he SHOULD have done a metal gear solid or half-life movie. Or some more interesting game. Halo would not have been my first choice for a movie.
The thing about Halo that MGS and Half-Life doesn't have is that "Mythical Epicness" compared to that of LOTR. Yes, MGS and Half-Life all seem less influenced by other sci-fi (MGS has certaintly turned sci-fi) works, but they do not have that legendary mythical storyline that Halo does. On the surface, Halo is just ANOTHER ALIEN INVASION, but if you read the 3 books (Fall of Reach, First Strike, The Flood) and payed specific attention to the storyline every single aspect is overshadowed by one gigantic truth that not everything is as it seems, and that the ultimate truth is much larger-than-life which conversely makes the player/viewer feel very little in the grand scheme of things transpiring.

I believe there will be an MGS movie too, but I think it will compete more with the Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six movies than Halo.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6716|California

Halo doesnt suck, the storyline and characterbase does.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation

M3 wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Cougar wrote:

The thing about Halo that MGS and Half-Life doesn't have is that "Mythical Epicness" compared to that of LOTR. Yes, MGS and Half-Life all seem less influenced by other sci-fi (MGS has certaintly turned sci-fi) works, but they do not have that legendary mythical storyline that Halo does. On the surface, Halo is just ANOTHER ALIEN INVASION, but if you read the 3 books (Fall of Reach, First Strike, The Flood) and payed specific attention to the storyline every single aspect is overshadowed by one gigantic truth that not everything is as it seems, and that the ultimate truth is much larger-than-life which conversely makes the player/viewer feel very little in the grand scheme of things transpiring.

I believe there will be an MGS movie too, but I think it will compete more with the Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six movies than Halo.
Books? Halo books? And did the game developers know about these books? What I mean to say is, is the game storyline compatible with that in the books? And will the games actually feature this 'gigantic truth' or will that only show up in the books? I played both Halo games but never really got this ultimate truth feeling you speak of.
d3athwi5h4
insert clever title here
+59|6509|Kickapoo
Why argue about HALO, Tecmo Bowl was the greatest console game EVER it was followed closely by super dodgeball.  To try to say HALO is better than either of those is a losing arguement.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6716|California

Awards for Halo
Interactive Achievement Awards
Console Game of the Year
Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design
Outstanding Achievement in Online Game Play
First Person Action Game of the Year
GameSpot's Best and Worst of 2004
Best Multiplayer Game
Reader's Choice - Best Xbox Action Adventure Game
Reader's Choice - Xbox Game of the Year
Reader's Choice - Overall Game of the Year
Gamespy Awards
GameSpy's 2004 Game of the Year
GameSpy's Xbox Game of the Year
GameSpy's Xbox Gamer's Choice Game of the Year
Best Use of Xbox Live
Best AND Worst Ending
Best Xbox Shooter

Awards for half life
No full listing that i can see, but well over 50 game of the year awards

wiki wrote:

Half-Life won over 50 Game of the Year awards,[7] and was named "Best PC Game Ever" by PC Gamer in its November 1999, October 2001, and April 2005 issues.[8] The game influenced the development of first-person shooters in the years following its release,[9] and is often cited as being revolutionary in its genre.[10]
Not
Great success!
+216|6573|Chandler, AZ

usmarine2005 wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

ever played halo then?

Yes....Halo sucks IMO.
Consoles and games like Halo are excellent for people who can't utilize their entire hands, or are missing all fingers but the index and the thumbs on both hands. If you have greasy, floppy lobster claws for hands, Halo may be right up your alley. And it's perfect for folks with very little actual ability, since the reticle on most weapons will actually auto-aim toward the head for you in multiplayer action. Not to mention that you can't really turn 180 degrees in a split second. It's great if you like getting snuck up on and killed from behind and not being able to do a damn thing about it.

And yeah, the story is about as well written as Showtime porn.
M3
Banned
+2|6419

Not wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

ever played halo then?

Yes....Halo sucks IMO.
Consoles and games like Halo are excellent for people who can't utilize their entire hands, or are missing all fingers but the index and the thumbs on both hands. If you have greasy, floppy lobster claws for hands, Halo may be right up your alley. And it's perfect for folks with very little actual ability, since the reticle on most weapons will actually auto-aim toward the head for you in multiplayer action. Not to mention that you can't really turn 180 degrees in a split second. It's great if you like getting snuck up on and killed from behind and not being able to do a damn thing about it.

And yeah, the story is about as well written as Showtime porn.
Listen man... if you want to talk about skill... It is harder to succeed in Halo 2 multiplayer vs a well-organized team than in BF2 for example or any other PC FPS multiplayer game I have played (with the exception of maybe Rainbow Six or Counterstrike). Much harder. The controller allows people to be quicker. The mouse and the keyboard is hindering if you compare the ergonomics of both to the human anatomy. Controllers only require the usage of the fingers. The keyboard and mouse require the usage of the fingers, wrists, sometimes even arms if a keyboard slips out of place or a mouse drifts too wayward. Just fly a jet on default settings in BF2 and you'll see what I mean. Now try flying a Banshee in halo...

I'd like to think my BF2 stats are rather high and way above average, but I have never translated that success in Halo 2 multi. The action is quicker, the teams are more fierce and closely knit since the xbox live friends list makes it VERY easy to stick around a crowd of people you like. Crowd vs crowd, they are much tougher to compete against than 90% of the idiotic clans I've played in BF2.

Something tells me you haven't played Halo very much... or haven't at all to come up with a comment like that. Again, if the story sucked so much, why the fuck is Peter Jackson even bothering? I think I will prefer to be on his side rather some noob on the bf2 forums.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard