URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin
+76|6589|inside the recesses of your...

ig88 wrote:

please dont waste your time and money on armoured fury, it really sucks.
I disagree....It's fairly fun simply having the American soil environment.  You kind of get caught up in the beauty of the scenery - right before you get shot into oblivion.
Whodofart
+11|6413|U.S.A.
I as well enjoy Armored Fury.  Operation RoadRage is a blast, Operation Harvest in my opinion is too one-sided (MEC always wins), and Midnight Sun is fun.  What i like most about AF is the scout helichoper as a mobile UAV.  But for soo long i wanted to know what the requirements were for obtaining the NA ribbon.  "Now i know....and knowing is half the battle.  G...I....Joooooeeeee!!!!"
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6501|Boston, MA
Armored Fury is great, my only problem with it is that I'm the only one that I know with it. I almost always play with somebody else so I never really get a chance playing AF. And most of the time I do actually get, I end up playing Special Forces because I'm also the only one I know with that game too. My favorite map in it is Operation Harvest though. It's a big wide open map where you can play pretty much any class and just getting some cover from trees and bushes along the sides with tanks fighting each other is good enough for you to sneak by. And all the ditches and stuff is an Anti-Tanks dream.

Midnight Sun is also another great anti-tank map since it's really dark. You blend in a lot and there's a lot of trees on the sides of the road so you could easily take down a tank. I'm not a big fan of Operation Road Rage because it's just to bright and tanks pretty much rule that map, even if you are an experienced Anti-Tanker.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

AF is a superb expansion. I already have 100BRS on all 3 maps through armour alone. And the littlebirds are freaking awesome. Its great to have an un-nerfed minigun and mow down infantry, and even attack choppers since you are small and really hard to take out with a TV.
Its a great mod if you like your AA and/or want practise with it. The jets are pretty poor since they are slow and their weapons really are below par in comparison to the vanilla jets. But they pose a new way of jet whoring that requires a tad more skill since you cant just fly in straight lines, drop bombs, rearm and repeat. You need some form of tactical approach since you can get taken down pretty easily by mobile AA. More so on Road Rage than Midnight Sun.
And, on the plus side - the maps are better than Jalalalabad in terms of graphics, gameplay and balance.

But, at the end of the day, its not as good as the EF booster. I love EF

It a shame that they have both shared a similar fate with a very small player base.

Last edited by Snake (2006-09-09 11:55:18)

fraginstein
+0|6390
My Ribbon Is Now Underlined Meaning I Can Get It But What Is The Iar Requirements?
Bozaloshtsh
Не пытай
+39|6477|51:33:24N 01:47:03W

fraginstein wrote:

My Ribbon Is Now Underlined Meaning I Can Get It But What Is The Iar Requirements?
play all three maps for 1s
Total time played in USMC = 25 hours

Its the weekend dude - so updating will be slow.  it just appears after some time - not in game

Last edited by Bozaloshtsh (2006-09-30 15:04:52)

fraginstein
+0|6390
excellent m8 thanks will look forward to getting it only need war college and plane ribbon now for them all! need to learn to fly first though!
Chuck-91
Yellow Army
+3|6220|Norfolk, England
I've done all of the requirements and haven't received the ribbon. Damn BF2 and it's bugs...
NuShadow
Captain Fantastic
+24|6453|woodbridge, VA

Chuck-91 wrote:

I've done all of the requirements and haven't received the ribbon. Damn BF2 and it's bugs...
No you haven't. You need 25hr playing Armored Fury

Last edited by NuShadow (2007-06-02 10:13:00)

Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6563|Lexington, Kentucky

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

armoured fury is worth the money. you can have fun there with every class or vehicle. imo the best balanced maps.
Agreed. Littlebird FTW.

-Solv3r- wrote:

Download PoE2 instead of wasting your money on Armored Fury!
That'd be nice, if any of the servers were populated. Shame, too, cause PoE rocks.

Last edited by Anfidurl (2007-06-02 10:14:21)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard