{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6742|The Island of Carls Jr.
Back when most of us were n00bz in Battlefield 2, did you ever think that anyone you outskill is a NEWB, and anyone better than you is a HACKER?

Its strange but thats kind of how I felt, I HATED anyone who could beat me and most of the time very close to hacking accusations.

Nowadays I know that good players arent all hackers. Getting dozens of hackusations myself I realize that new players dont know just how good other players can be. Though I dont think of hackers, I still HATE anyone better than me thats just my nature. Some people including my brother say that better players should be respected, but I dont see the logic in respecting the people capable of handing you your ass.

Anyone else have similar thoughts? Share some.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6717|California

{TL}SHARPSHOOTER wrote:

hackusations
Literary Device, win.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

I don't "respect" anyone in a video game.
jsnipy
+3,276|6519|...

like in anything use the strong as an example to better yourself, and take an ass whipping a learning experience.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6766|Human Meat Shield
I respect only the ones that respect me, win or lose its always a "GG".

Not meaning kill wise, but meaning if you see the in-game chat sometimes you'll know who the 10 yr olds are.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6588|Reisterstown, MD

I usually don't say anything in game to anybody whether good or bad.  If someone is better than me, I really don't say anything to them and the same goes if I am better than someone else.  I like to play and have fun and worrying about who is better or whatever doesn't fit the mold of "having fun".  Do I think about it?  Sure.  I am sure everyone does.  However, I am not fixated on who is a good player and who isn't.  All I am worried about is the next person I see on the other team and how I will kill them before they kill me.  As for hack accusations, I get them all the time.  I just laugh and keep on playing.  If someone is hacking in a server that I happen to be appart of, let them hack away.  BF2 is a game where even if someone has an advantage over you by being able to see you through walls or having their aim dictated for them, you still have the ability to kill them even with all these disadvantages.  So really it is no big deal to me.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6766|Human Meat Shield
I like Morgan Webb.

I know what ya mean.

I really didn't think about it until this post. But now that I did, I noticed every game there is someone always trash-talking someone else. BUt that might not be the case if I played servers that weren't full of 64 players.

Last edited by imdead (2006-09-30 10:52:20)

Bozaloshtsh
Не пытай
+39|6504|51:33:24N 01:47:03W
Same here
I don't usually say anything in game to anybody whether good or bad.
deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6479
if someone is equal to me or better then me i call him garbage like i do to bushviper and babyspinach
Havazn
+39|6691|van.ca
I never accuse someone of hacking because I get it all the time and dont hack myself. If someone is better than me I take it as a challenge and just persue to try and kick his ass.
DeepSkysUrGe
+28|6432|Jax, Fl
I've never had those thoughts in Battlefield 2 now that i think about it.  I DEFINTLY have those thoughts when i play Counter Strike, but never BF2.  In BF2 i think of dieing as being unfortunate, and getting kills as what should happen.  In addition when it comes to BF2 i don't seperate players into those two catagories, and especially never consider anyone to be hacking.

Last edited by DeepSkysUrGe (2006-09-30 15:51:22)

im_in_heaven
+27|6585
" I need artillery over here sir! "
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6742|The Island of Carls Jr.
But if the guys better than you is an ultimate ass, meaning hes bragging about it and shoving it in your face like "ZOMG IM PWN0RZ!"?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard