shingara
+0|6814|the motherland uk
now that the tech has been put into the game for deploying a peice of kit and getting it back i.e the grappling hook and zip line, who else would think it would be a good addition for the SNIPER, (i say this in caps as the only class that could do it) as it would add to the stealth of the sniper as it would still be a silent skill, of course the sniper would have to get close still but i always thought the sniper class as something that shouldnt be heard or seen,
          so the idea of the sniper running upto ppl with the knife is a little off the beaten track, so here is how i think it would be good for a the sniper,

the sniper comes upto a posting he has been sent to surrounded by enemys but one guy real close to him but if he moves he will be seen, the sniper pulls out his knife and throws the knife at the enemy, he dies silently, the sniper is still unseen,
          the sniper presses g, gets his knife back and carries on sneaking to the posting he has been asigned, no one hears him, no one sees him, his roll as a sniper is still true to life. whats everyone else think.
jonsass
+1|6802|Beastmanville, Skeletorland
That's what your silenced pistol is for   It could be useful since it's a one hit kill though; we'd then just have to put up with snipers running around throwing knifes and the people whining about them.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6846|The planet Tophet
i wish we had a pistol wip  like Medal of Honor Allied Assult
h4r13quin
+0|6768
Sounds interesting.  But depending on the quality of the throw it can greatly affect the amount of noise the victim produces.  That and if a sniper really wants to reduce motion to improve their stealth by not moving, swinging their arm fast enough to throw a knife isnt the best idea.
the_ubernoob_
+8|6784
....throwing knives....
they had these in secret weapons didn't they...
i still remeber the knives randomly spinning off target ...even at stabbing range
dobbs
Pawtucket Patriot
+0|6792|Cohog, RI
I this would be better suited for a "Spy" class instead.  Sniper are silent but never meant to get deep into the fight.  More meant to stay far away and never be seen.  I would like a spy class that can disguise themselves as the enemy (like the blue-red bug) and have the thowing knives.
shingara
having a spy class is something that is unsuited for this game, but a sniper is suppossed to get deep into enemy territory, they are randomly used as spotters for real armys and do an incredible job doing it, as they are taught to be unseen ungeard and leave there victims unfound, this is why i thought the knife idea was good as it is now, a sniper isnt that camoed, u can see them a mile off, and that leads them to the disadvantage that they have to get a chopper pilot to drop them on a hill or building that isnt accessible to the run around and tank dudes. so i just thought that having this would make up for there absolute uselessness when someone is about 10 feet away, but hasnt seen them yet, yes i know u can pull ye rifle up and fire a shoot off but that does 2 thinks, 1 makes a sound that is very distinctive and gives away yopur position, u may aswell jump up and scream im here. and 2 if u miss u are fecked. the pistol is usless, espec against engineers, ive fire 5-6 bullets into a guy before and hes has just bunny hopped out of it and 1 hit killed me with his rifle, of course there is an alternative, give sniper rifles a crosshair when they arnt sighted through the scope.
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6753|Hong Kong, China
You know, in REAL armies, a sniper is always acompanied by a assualt or another class with a "non-sniper" gun capable of CQC
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6761
It would be the new noob tube...

You run around a corner, see an enemy and...have a knife in your body before you're even able to react.
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6753|Hong Kong, China
You'd need to have the knife in your face.. (not the helmet!) to kill sombody, since there's armour on the troops....unless you happen to catch the guy in shirt and boxers....
shingara

Aquastorm wrote:

You know, in REAL armies, a sniper is always acompanied by a assualt or another class with a "non-sniper" gun capable of CQC
thats amazing, they send out a highly trained sniper with all his gullie suit and trained upto the nuts not to be seen and they send a grunt with him do they, well uve told me
ATAT_FUBAR
+0|6755|Illinois
the grunt they send out with a sniper is called a spotter ( a sniper in training )the spotter checks wind speed and direction, lets the sniper know if shot is off ...too high, low or left and right  and yes carries cqc weapon.
shingara

ATAT_FUBAR wrote:

the grunt they send out with a sniper is called a spotter ( a sniper in training )the spotter checks wind speed and direction, lets the sniper know if shot is off ...too high, low or left and right  and yes carries cqc weapon.
i stand corrected, but i still want to throw my knife at ppl

Last edited by shingara (2005-12-11 08:04:19)

StikeZero
+0|6752

shingara wrote:

ATAT_FUBAR wrote:

i stand corrected, but i still want to throw my knife at ppl
I agree
./KRUX
+1|6777|Austin Texas
snipers would rarely find themselves in such a position.im will to bet in the usmc sniper school ther are no knife throwing classes. Maybe special ops though. However if were talking about things a sniper should have...a laser designater whould be sweet to lead in hellfire missles form apaches or whatever. Sort of like a redundecy for the gunner, like a second lock on.
./KRUX
+1|6777|Austin Texas

Aquastorm wrote:

You'd need to have the knife in your face.. (not the helmet!) to kill sombody, since there's armour on the troops....unless you happen to catch the guy in shirt and boxers....
body armor hardly cover the whole body. Someone in full battle dress would have many spot where a knife could cause catastophic damage. Face not so much too much bone, under chin and eye sockets are the only headshots with a knife. Necks, underarms, lowerback(kidneys) inner thigh would all be targets for a master knife wielder.
sparklet
Banned
+34|6788|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
you can kill in bf2 with a swipe to the butt
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6846|The planet Tophet

sparklet wrote:

you can kill in bf2 with a swipe to the butt
haha  ownage
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6760|California

that would be cool, but if not, just a simple foward stap to increase range would be nice
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6754|Purplicious Wisconsin
It would be better if the specops class has throwable knives.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6770|Rochester, NY
Sounds like a good idea!!! That might increase the amount of people earning their knife badge.
ghost_dog_mom
+1|6766
The only thing a knife is good for is gutting snipers.
War Man
They should add bayonets for bf2 like in bf1942:rode to rome and the bf1942 mod called experience ww2
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6755|US
Great idea.  Since you have to go pull the knife out of your recently deceased enemy, noobs wouldn't be a huge problem (if only 1 knife).  USMC spotters are often the MORE experienced sniper of the pair.  Since you only have 1, why not give it to everyone?  It would still be a weapon of last resort/ownage.  Although this is not a "realistic" game, bayonets would be stupid.  They are outdated...yes, soldiers still train with them, but most would never think of actually using one in combat...aka suicide...
War Man

RAIMIUS wrote:

Great idea.  Since you have to go pull the knife out of your recently deceased enemy, noobs wouldn't be a huge problem (if only 1 knife).  USMC spotters are often the MORE experienced sniper of the pair.  Since you only have 1, why not give it to everyone?  It would still be a weapon of last resort/ownage.  Although this is not a "realistic" game, bayonets would be stupid.  They are outdated...yes, soldiers still train with them, but most would never think of actually using one in combat...aka suicide...
Actually bayonets are still used today.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard