Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6746|Houston, TX

Rosse_modest wrote:

Why, Uranus of course - out the airlock!
That's the rear airlock isn't it?

Watch out, most of those airlocks have bad seals and have been known to leak.
Kingswat
+0|6756

Krappyappy wrote:

i can do that.

we have been leaking radio signals into space for the past century. aliens will hear us and come to earth to eat us. they'll probably farm us like chickens and marinade us in alien teriyaki sauce for three hours before putting us on the george foreman grill.

the gulf stream ocean current is slowing and will eventually stop if the polar ice caps continue to melt. the lack of warm tropical water in the colder parts of the earth will bring a new ice age, reducing the amount of farmland globally and causing a huge famine in which billions will die.

salmon has too much mercury in it.

how's that for freaking out?
And the nutcases such as yourself will be the first to go.
sparklet
Banned
+34|6749|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
to much halo ???
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821
the cost issue - we don't have to get all 6 billion people off the planet. just enough to colonize other planets. the rest of them can stay here and die for all i care. as long as there are humans somewhere i'm happy.

as for us being a plague, fine, be that as it may. i'm human and i'm only concerned with human survival. i'm a conservationalist only to the extent that we preserve what we like or need to survive. other than that, the universe is ours for the taking unless some other aliens also want in. in that case we might have to blast a few planets.
Malo
+0|6772
Lmfao quite paranoid arent we. If the humans are going to go exitinct its not going to be cause of your bullshit asteriords or the planet cooling (in 200 billion years lol)  but cause we fuck ourselves over.
dan500
+57|6848
A extinction-causing asteroid, will happen, a few years ago a asteroid as big as new york or somthing just missed (in space terms) hitting london, it will happen, and we wont even know its hit us.

Polar ice caps shall melt, a ice age WILL happen, its the planets way of "refreshing", its happened in the past..

But hey, enjoy life, whats to say your not gonna get hit by a bus, or a car?
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6787

I claim mars. 

You know, many of these fears of aliens farming us comes from our own history with animals on this planet.  Who's to say our alien friends even EAT?  Have heads, blood, arms, even bodies?
dan500
+57|6848

beeng wrote:

You know, many of these fears of aliens farming us comes from our own history with animals on this planet.  Who's to say our alien friends even EAT?  Have heads, blood, arms, even bodies?
Whos to say there not the plants that are around us?
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6783|The Hague, Holland

dan500 wrote:

beeng wrote:

Whos to say there not the plants that are around us?
Maybe aliens float/walk among us? Invisble and such. Personally I dont think they exist, but NOBODY knows if they are out there or not. But I still dont know what to think about AREA 51 (No, not the game ffs ).
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821

beeng wrote:

I claim mars. 

you're right, it is possible aliens don't extract energy by eating.

but they most definitely won't be our friends.

they most likely communicate in such an alien [gasp!] way that we have no hope of ever communicating with them. without communication we can not establish their motives and determine whether they are friendly or hostile. so we'd have to assume they are hostile.
Hopto
+0|6721
If asteriods are to take out the earth, and all living life forms on it, yes, that would be very devistating. But when is that likely to happen? In our life time, most likely not. In the future? Possibly. But if this happens millions of years from now, wont they have the technology to move people from one planet to another that doesnt cost an arm and a leg? Im sure if it meant the human race, money would be the last thing people would think of.

"Oh my god, we dont have enough money to move people from one planet to another! Oh well, guess we'll all just have to sit here and die."

If everyone on earth dies, who gets to use the money that wasnt spent on transporting people to other planets? No one, everyones dead. If this was a life or death situation involving the human race, money would not be an issue, seeing on how if everyone died, there wouldnt be any use for the money we didnt spend.

Besides, if we do go to another planet with no money, we can change the currency to space rocks/boulders!
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6778

Krappyappy wrote:

the human race is in serious need to colonize other planets.

a extinction-causing asteroid impact is inevitable.

as time goes on, the earth's molten core will cool and solidify, killing the magnetic field which guards us against solar radiation.

even if neither doomsday scenario happens, there will eventually be so many humans that this planet can't hold us all.

i consider it a serious dereliction of duty on the part of all governments to not be pursuing extraplanetary colonization actively.
You forgot, with China's and India's populations exploding the earth will start spinning faster and faster due to unequal weight in south east asia.  As the earth rotates on the axis once south east asia starts on the downward rotation it will drastically increase in speed and likewise when it's on its upwards rotation it will slow to a crawl.  Eventually the earth will stop rotating completely or something.  Prepare for this now!!

Last edited by wannabe_tank_whore (2005-12-07 14:53:51)

Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6746|Houston, TX
And to think I was worried about how much TP I had left till next payday.
MAN my priorities were WAAAAY off!
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821

Kung Jew wrote:

And to think I was worried about how much TP I had left till next payday.
MAN my priorities were WAAAAY off!
yeah we're concerned with the planet's survival here, who could think of anal cleanliness at a time like this?

btw, your forum title.... you're not TOG from tsmod.net?

Last edited by Krappyappy (2005-12-08 00:37:55)

S4INT05
+1|6731|79605, TX
what planet is it that they actually found a moon that is semi-inhabitable? thought i heard that on the news somewhere. if not, i'ma skitzo imagining all this stuff.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821

you're probably thinking of titan, a moon of saturn which was once thought to have liquid oceans under an icy crust.

the latest NASA mission there has produced evidence that the surface is actually a slush-like consistency, with liquid methane 'mud' into which probes sank.

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/news/events/ … /index.cfm

EDIT:

the probe was the european space agency's huygens spacecraft, which pierced titan's atmosphere and landed on it for the first time earlier this year. the images are astonishing.

http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/Results_fro … _0_ov.html

Last edited by Krappyappy (2005-12-08 10:37:00)

SpanktorTheGreat
Bringer of slight pain and mild discomfort.
+1|6815

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

About the world being over-populated. I guess there are only 2 solutions for that, 1. Stop birth now. 2. Kill some people.
And I agree about the polution thing, we are really destroying this world fast =/.
If all the people in the world moved to the state of Texas, each person would have about 1100 sq. ft. of land.

World population = 6,446,131,400     

Texas = 268,601 sq. mi. or 7,488,166,118,400 sq. ft.

7,488,166,118,400 divided by 6,446,131,400 = 1161.65 sq. ft.

Sure we can't all live in Texas, but this does put the whole "population explosion" thing in the proper perspective.
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6756|NH - USA

Krappyappy wrote:

the human race is in serious need to colonize other planets.

a extinction-causing asteroid impact is inevitable.

as time goes on, the earth's molten core will cool and solidify, killing the magnetic field which guards us against solar radiation.

even if neither doomsday scenario happens, there will eventually be so many humans that this planet can't hold us all.

i consider it a serious dereliction of duty on the part of all governments to not be pursuing extraplanetary colonization actively.
As it was in the beginning, so it shall be in the end.....thats life....

...and I aint go'n anywhere.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6746|Houston, TX

SpanktorTheGreat wrote:

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

About the world being over-populated. I guess there are only 2 solutions for that, 1. Stop birth now. 2. Kill some people.
And I agree about the polution thing, we are really destroying this world fast =/.
If all the people in the world moved to the state of Texas, each person would have about 1100 sq. ft. of land.

Sure we can't all live in Texas, but this does put the whole "population explosion" thing in the proper perspective.
Uhhh errmm....  most rural Texans are accostomed to having a minimum of 3 ft between them and anyone else.  Thats not even beginning to yak 'bout the crazies we've got out in the ranch land of deep west and slightly east Texas.  I almost whimpered (Texans don't do this) when I thought of everyone on the world moving to Texas.  Funny thought though.  I'd be interested in how long southern hospitality would endure the pressure of being 100 ft from your neighbor, all 6,446,131,400 of 'em.  I'd be even more interested in how the masses from a colder climate would react to a couple o' good dogs days of our summer.

Note: I ain't flamin' ya. Your post made for a funny thread in my head.
SpanktorTheGreat
Bringer of slight pain and mild discomfort.
+1|6815

Kung Jew wrote:

Uhhh errmm....  most rural Texans are accostomed to having a minimum of 3 ft between them and anyone else.  Thats not even beginning to yak 'bout the crazies we've got out in the ranch land of deep west and slightly east Texas.  I almost whimpered (Texans don't do this) when I thought of everyone on the world moving to Texas.  Funny thought though.  I'd be interested in how long southern hospitality would endure the pressure of being 100 ft from your neighbor, all 6,446,131,400 of 'em.  I'd be even more interested in how the masses from a colder climate would react to a couple o' good dogs days of our summer.

Note: I ain't flamin' ya. Your post made for a funny thread in my head.
Ok, how about Rhode Island? We all get 6.7 sq. ft. per person.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821

SpanktorTheGreat wrote:

the problem isn't housing all the people, it's feeding all of them.

it takes a lot more land than 1161 ft^2 to grow enough food to feed a man. add the fact that much of the earth's surface isn't suitable for farming, and you see the problem. we have enough room now, but that will not last forever.
T.Frassini
+0|6714|Brazil
That's what we get for playing too much BF2!
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6838

Krappyappy wrote:

SpanktorTheGreat wrote:

the problem isn't housing all the people, it's feeding all of them.

it takes a lot more land than 1161 ft^2 to grow enough food to feed a man. add the fact that much of the earth's surface isn't suitable for farming, and you see the problem. we have enough room now, but that will not last forever.
Actually the problem is not getting enough food to feed people, it's getting people to eat the damn food that is supplied to them.
CommanderLC
+0|6754
Wow. We dont know where technology will be in the future. it may be unimaginable. Everything has to be taken one step at a time or we could trip and fall. E.g. Massive rocket to destroy an incoming astoroid could result in faulty engines and the end of the world. Predicting the future is hard, ultimately everything is based on the past. To continue the human race we need to contain the issues we have now and take the "Future" one step at a time. Otherwise there won't be one!

Last edited by CommanderLC (2005-12-10 00:17:32)

Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821

Burning_Monkey wrote:

Actually the problem is not getting enough food to feed people, it's getting people to eat the damn food that is supplied to them.
well if they're hungry and there's nothing else to eat, i don't think they'll need much pursuasion. we're talking about a point in the future where the available land for food production can't keep up with the demand... even if all you had to eat was plain corn every day you'd still eat it.

Last edited by Krappyappy (2005-12-10 15:53:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard