red_chaos
+0|6822|San Diego, CA
I was thinking since they released SF with NGVs, zipline and grapple hooks, it would be really cool if EA brought back some old maps like Basrah Nights and Basrah Day 1. Oh and Berlin wold be awesome. What other maps do you think they should add?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6736|California

berlin would own all. i think another air map would be cool, like Alamein or desert shield
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6772
I would even like to play some normal BF2 maps with zip lines, Grapling hooks, and gas.  Massur city would truly be awsome that way.

Berlin would be great as well.  But I will leave that for Forgotten Hope v2 or XWW2 BF2.
:]-[: El_Shiznit
+3|6765|Florida
From '42 I would like to see Invasion of the Phillipines come back.  Think that was about the best battlefield map there was in the whole series.  And maybe Kursk or Kharkov or Market Garden or Bocage.  Mmmmm good game.

And every single map from Road to Rome.  Those were some great maps even though no one liked the two BF42 expansions.  From Secret Weapons, Hellendoorn as it was the first Battlefield map I played.  I got it on a demo and was hooked since then.  It would remind me of the good ole days.

From BFV, Hue '68, Khe Sahn, Hastings, and maybe Quang Tri '68.

I really wish they would do more than Wake.  I mean, I like Wake, but there's so much better.
Metaltop
+1|6779|The Netherlands
Bocage, Market, Stalingrad, Berlin, Iwo Jima, Battle of the Bulge, Battle of Brittain (dogfight heaven).
I am just dreaming here.

I think Forgotten Hope 2 will be great.
(and my own mod off course)

Last edited by Metaltop (2005-12-09 01:58:43)

ResDog1
+51|6782|Netherlands
How about, they do not recycle the old maps and come up with some new ones.
A map in an underground bunker (a variant on the Iron Gator map).
A map in an arctic Ice landscape or snow landscape.
A jungle map (congo, vietnam or something)(does Korea have jungles).
or A forrest map.
A Desert Tank map. Like in Iraq
A king of the hill type map, like Hamburger hill or the Adlers nest.
A snipers revenge map with hills, trees, bushes and a ravine running throught the middle... Each spawn on one side of the ravine... there is only one small rope bridge for thosde who dare to try, but for the rest its a battle of attrition with sniperrifles. (I would personally welcome this map).
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6772

:]-[: El_Shiznit wrote:

And every single map from Road to Rome.  Those were some great maps even though no one liked the two BF42 expansions.
I fully agree the maps in road to rome were great.  The problem I always saw with that expanson is the same I see in this one.  All servers could only run either basic maps or expansion maps.  Not both, so rather than increase your varity with an expansion, you seem to limit it.  It is almost like each is a stand alone game.  Although in BF2 they seem to made the problem much more noticeable to people without the expansion with the unlockable content in the vanilla version.

I think they had much better ability to fix that in BF2, but did not.  The maps from SF should have been free to all.  The new unlocks, night vision, grapling hooks ect should all have been unlocks as well, but usable in any map.

That would give non SF people a taste of the weapons and such, without just giving it all to them.  Also servers would have to get it to run the maps.  Just my 2CP

Last edited by Umbra Acciptris (2005-12-09 02:32:51)

he_who_says_zonk
+17|6737
If they gave the SF maps.. and the SF equipment.. for free.. then why would anyone be stupid enough to buy SF?

I would LOVE to see Philippines back. That map was so awesome. It would be easy to scale too, the 16 player version would be the two middle islands, 32 player would be half the map, minus the biggest island, and 64 player would be the whole thing. And please god, movable ships. That was the biggest thing i missed in bf2. Also the PT boats were fun

Other maps that I would like to see back:

Tobruk
Iwo Jima
Guadalcanal
Battle Of The Bulge
Aberdeen
Liberation Of Caen

But please NOT Berlin. That one was always awful. On the rare occasion that the Russians actually got out of their own spawn, it was fun, but otherwise, it was just a boring rape. It was the LEAST played of any 1942 map on the servers i used to play.

On the other hand I wouldn't object to a return of the classic, crazy, explosions-constantly-going-off, fever-pitch, somehow-it-is-actually-balanced, SPAMMINGGRAD!
That was good for some careless slaughter. Neither side has an advantage, just mutual explosions and spam. I loved how there were ammo boxes everywhere, making it easy to constantly have a full load of grenades.

And Overlord. I know a LOT of people hated Overload because it was so hard for the Allies to get off the beach, but for me that was awesome. It was such a struggle, in order to win, the Allies had to play their best.
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6772

he_who_says_zonk wrote:

If they gave the SF maps.. and the SF equipment.. for free.. then why would anyone be stupid enough to buy SF?
Perhaps for the reason I listed, to use them on non SF maps! !  If I could unlock a zipline or better yet grapling hook overall for the sniper kit, I would buy it . . . again if need be.

Of course they need a way of authorizing maps for use on ranked servers too IMO, but that is just me wishing.

I wrote:

I think they had much better ability to fix that in BF2, but did not.  The maps from SF should have been free to all.  The new unlocks, night vision, grapling hooks ect should all have been unlocks as well, but usable in any map.
I more meant they would be unlocks if you buy SF.  You can only use them as the correct team on a SF map without the expansion.  perhaps I was not clear in that.

Last edited by Umbra Acciptris (2005-12-09 05:04:36)

KillerAFET
+3|6797|Abilene, Texas
Berlin, grappling hooks, flashbangs.  Need to say more?
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6774|Vienna, Austria

Metaltop wrote:

Bocage, Market, Stalingrad, Berlin, Iwo Jima, Battle of the Bulge, Battle of Brittain (dogfight heaven).
I am just dreaming here.
Maaan Battle of Britain with a full load of BF2 Jets would definately kick ass...
Blankwindow
+1|6741
There was a custom '42 map i played once thata was awesome. Both sides had an uncapturable airfield that had enough radar flack guns to keep any enemy airfraftwithin sight range away from it (to prevent spawn raping obviously) but the map was huge it was nothing but one giant airbattle. there was one capturable spawn it was a tiny island about the size of a house with nothing on it but a bunker.

Anyway that map was a blast one night when we had something lik 20 or so people all in the air within a couple undred feet of eahc other dog fighting. I was suprised no one actually ran into each other, but it was an all out dogfight.

a modern day vs of thatthe  would be awesome. Since the maps in Bf2 have story make it something like a nuclear missle silo out in the middle of the ocean. It would be as fun considering the shittyness of the AA in Bf2. but still possible. Anyway the capturable island instead of a bunker would have to be something like a nuke silo with the flag inside to avoid air fire.

As well i think on this map their should be no artiller or uav. just scan and supply. The latter would only really be for repairing though lol. Being an air map this would keep it somewhat even prodivded a commander didn't jump in a jet.

------------------

Ghost town is awesome but would be better if tbeir wasn't any armor or helos. Just straight up infantry combat. (things like atv's and the dunebuggy type vechiles would be good to stay though.) anyway A complete infantry map would just be so much fun. Since all the battles are elsewhere in the world it would be cool to have something like An all infatry map in a US coastal city. (newyork, sanfransisco, ect.) beause honostly some of the best maps to me are ghost town, warlord, karklan, or shaqiri where 95 percent of the peopek stick to infantry combat. It's just so intense and fun that way and so i would love to see a map geared for this.

Actually with sf stalingrad would be very possible to do since we have the russian spetnaz and rebels. That map like ghost town would actually allow snipers to do some major damage. (hell only reason the russians kept the germans out in ww2 really was their snipers in a lot of ways.) I meen you would actually be able to set up ambushes in that kind of tight urban confines.

----------------

I'm not that much of an tank person. but it would be awesome for an all armor map. (apcs and tanks.) As long as there was no Artilery on the map it would be great. Hell it would jusy be hell to have so 64 for pieces of armor duking it out almost non-stop with some flags spread out around the map to make it a "conquest" map
M90Medic
Wiki Contributor
+2|6771|Medicland, sthlm

WAKE! WAKE!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!! Oh... Um... Never mind.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6791|Noizyland

Berlin and Stalingrad are basic ruined city urban combat maps. There is little reason to remake them as BF2 maps, just add a couple more urban combat maps like Karkand and Mashtuur etc.
Market Garden would be cool.
Still, putting a lot of these World War Two maps as BF2 maps is kind of out of context. Really, there is little chance for USMC and MEC to be fighting over Omaha Beach in Normandy or fighting in the French Bocage.
Wake Island can be a little more believeable, becasue it is still a (small,) military base. Philipeans could be an option. I always thought it was a shame that BF1942 was on its way out as a highly played game by the time they introduced that map.

Still, STILL havn't played Wake Island 2007. Must do that tomorrow.

Last edited by Tyferra (2005-12-10 18:08:15)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6780

They need an omaha equivalent.

Gulf is the closest thing, and even that's pretty far off.
Drunkaholic
+4|6741

Coolbeano wrote:

Grappling hooks+Omaha = Pointe Du Hoc (Army Rangers)

Last edited by Drunkaholic (2005-12-12 20:58:51)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6791|Noizyland

Yeah, but grappling hooks would make it cool! That's an awesome idea, grappling up the cliffs, I always thought it was a shame you couldn't do that in BF1942!
[Blinking eyes thing]
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6780

Drunkaholic wrote:

Coolbeano wrote:

But if you had Omaha, what would stop people from just throwing grappling hooks up the cliffs???
Nothing will stop them throwing hooks.

Now, about climbing them...

...ever tried to climb a crane when an enemy can see you?
KillerAFET
+3|6797|Abilene, Texas
Maybe any of the maps with a capture the flag theme.  The best map was DC NO FLY ZONE CTF.  If you took a flag home you were the shit.  Bet most of these noob tube base rapists would run home to momma if they encountered a CTF where swarming a flag would net them nothing but pain.
Blankwindow
+1|6741

Tyferra wrote:

Berlin and Stalingrad are basic ruined city urban combat maps. There is little reason to remake them as BF2 maps, just add a couple more urban combat maps like Karkand and Mashtuur etc.
Still, putting a lot of these World War Two maps as BF2 maps is kind of out of context. Really, there is little chance for USMC and MEC to be fighting over Omaha Beach in Normandy or fighting in the French Bocage.
Wake Island can be a little more believeable, becasue it is still a (small,) military base. Philipeans could be an option. I always thought it was a shame that BF1942 was on its way out as a highly played game by the time they introduced that map.

We have RUSSIAN spetznas and RUSSIAN Rebels. So why can't stalingrad be resurected? wake they found a way which is less plausible than a duck between spetnaz/rebels in stalingrad. (though it wouldn't be as destroyed as in 1942 it would likely be 99 percent in tact with some destroyed building here and there due to the fighting.)

Anyway berlin is not one you can come up with a feasible reason for, but stalingrad already has the prequiste armies and a valid reason between those to resurect stalingrad. though this time i would like to see stalingrad more so an infantry than tank one as in '42
KillerAFET
+3|6797|Abilene, Texas

Blankwindow wrote:

Tyferra wrote:

We have RUSSIAN spetznas and RUSSIAN Rebels. So why can't stalingrad be resurected? wake they found a way which is less plausible than a duck between spetnaz/rebels in stalingrad. (though it wouldn't be as destroyed as in 1942 it would likely be 99 percent in tact with some destroyed building here and there due to the fighting.)

Anyway berlin is not one you can come up with a feasible reason for, but stalingrad already has the prequiste armies and a valid reason between those to resurect stalingrad. though this time i would like to see stalingrad more so an infantry than tank one as in '42
Just for the record - Stalingrad IN THE REAL WORLD - was fought between Soviet and Nazi armed forces.  The prerequisite armies do not exist in BF2.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6733|Riva, MD

ResDog1 wrote:

How about, they do not recycle the old maps and come up with some new ones.
A map in an underground bunker (a variant on the Iron Gator map).
A map in an arctic Ice landscape or snow landscape.
A jungle map (congo, vietnam or something)(does Korea have jungles).
or A forrest map.
A Desert Tank map. Like in Iraq
A king of the hill type map, like Hamburger hill or the Adlers nest.
A snipers revenge map with hills, trees, bushes and a ravine running throught the middle... Each spawn on one side of the ravine... there is only one small rope bridge for thosde who dare to try, but for the rest its a battle of attrition with sniperrifles. (I would personally welcome this map).
Yeah, they definately need a snow map but they would have to make it so the camo for the teams is the snow camo rather than the jungle camo, and I don't think that's in the games programming.  That would really suck for snipers if they couldn't have snow camo on a snow map.  A sniper map would be really cool but people who suck at sniping would be screwed if the server switched to that map causing a lot of people to leave the server.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2005-12-13 16:41:24)

Blankwindow
+1|6741

KillerAFET wrote:

Blankwindow wrote:

Tyferra wrote:

Just for the record - Stalingrad IN THE REAL WORLD - was fought between Soviet and Nazi armed forces.  The prerequisite armies do not exist in BF2.
Ahem dumbass read the post more thuroughly. For MODERN warfare in stalingrad we have the prequiste armies those being RUSSIAN SPETZNAS and RUSSIAN REBELS. Now we said bring back the old maps not armies. Look at wake for example in '42 It was fought between Japanese and US. in MODERN DAY bf2 it is fought between US and PLA.

SOOOO following the same train of thought we could revive Stalingrad as a modern day city and put it between the two RUSSIAn factions we have the spetnaz and rebels. since the rebels are rebelling against russian government and spetnas are the premier russian force. You could VERY VERY easily make a reason for them to be dukeing it out in Stalingrad. So before you try and make a point think it over and try reading all the relevant facts. yes in WW2 stalingrad was fought between russians and germany. but BF2 is not set in WW2 it is set in a modern time frame and thus we have two russian armies at odds with each others and a russian city hmmm seems to be a good presequite for a good battle in the city.
Lawk
+2|6790
Lost Village.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6791|Noizyland

My point still remains. Why Stalingrad? It's just another city, another urban combat map.
If you're talking about making modern Stalingrad, than what's the point. Stalingrad is a city that was fought over in 1942-43, what is the reason for it to be fought over again in the modern age? Just because there is a Russian team in SF dosn't mean they're going to start fighting in Stalingrad again.

It's nice to re-visit old places, like Wake island, ("Hah, I swear I shot that old Zero down,") but you need to have them in context. Some of the Pacific BF1942 maps can probably still be revisited, and maybe some of North Africa maps.
[Blinking eyes thing]

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard