Poll

Against bunnyhopping and dolphin diving?

Yes54%54% - 394
No45%45% - 327
Total: 721
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6772|UK

ToiletTrooper wrote:

Vilham wrote:

ToiletTrooper wrote:

You would own me?? Hmmm, i challange you, you stupid noob. inf only
lol bring it on padder.
Padder or not, a padder with more skill then you!
or not... your stats arent that great and they are only that good because you pad...
doneyone
+30|6561|Holland Hardcore
BUNNYHOPPING IS WRONG like incest
penguin.killer
+75|6486
iam about to poo in your parents car now doneyone.

ps , bunnyhopping owns.

Last edited by penguin.killer (2006-09-23 11:40:50)

Septimius2
+9|6474
this argument is now moot...

its not getting anywhere.. people WILL bunnyhop or people WILL NOT... doesnt matter.. who cares...

actually im just hoping someone will post something other than the "he said she said" thing...  this thread is like a scary movie that starts out good.. then sucks the rest of the way
IntrebuloN
+8|6476

Septimius2 wrote:

actually im just hoping someone will post something other than the "he said she said" thing...  this thread is like a scary movie that starts out good.. then sucks the rest of the way
what? you didn't read my posts? lol

i thought i was far from the hesays/shesays (bhoppers are she's, the bhop when they take damage, kinda like a woman screaming at the sight of a mouse or spider)

idk
u tell me ;D
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6498
Bunny hopping is fine if you ask me, people that bunny hop are easy to take down. Sure sometimes they'll be hard and take you down but it's a game, your going to be killed sometimes. I bunny hop sometimes when I'm reloading or a sniper has kindly shot me down too two bars, but I've learnt it's easy to run for cover and you've got more chances of surviving longer.

I've also noticed most people that complain about bunny hopping in-game also do it there self.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6741|Houston, TX
Bottom line is this. IT IS AN EXPLOIT AND AGAINST THE RULES. If you use it you are cheating. You can not play the game correctly and, could not gerenate the same score if you played right. You must play a way unintended by the developers to stand a chance against someone that plays the way it is meant to be. Yes, it is a game. A game with the goal of simulating a real battlefield without all the drawbacks of real battle.

Not matter what any BHers or DDers say. It is wrong, lame, and, pathetic exploit to save your sorry skins. Get some skill or, get Unreal.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6566

staticblue wrote:

Bottom line is this. IT IS AN EXPLOIT AND AGAINST THE RULES. If you use it you are cheating. You can not play the game correctly and, could not gerenate the same score if you played right. You must play a way unintended by the developers to stand a chance against someone that plays the way it is meant to be. Yes, it is a game. A game with the goal of simulating a real battlefield without all the drawbacks of real battle.

Not matter what any BHers or DDers say. It is wrong, lame, and, pathetic exploit to save your sorry skins. Get some skill or, get Unreal.
Haha, you been killed too many times right? By the way I thought 1.4 fixed this issue. Why are you still cryin?
sleepy127
+4|6744
---->low ranking noob here
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6577|USA

Stylux wrote:

Ill just get my m95 and blow there brains out from a distance
QFT, but l96 for me
Bonio05
+4|6582|Germany
No!
DrMod
+3|6431|stuck in a asualt pod help!!
i have never seen buny hopping dolphin diving or prone spamming is that a good thing?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474

DrMod wrote:

i have never seen buny hopping dolphin diving or prone spamming is that a good thing?
No. Because killing and insulting them is more gratifying then killing tanks with C4.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6741|Houston, TX

rawls2 wrote:

staticblue wrote:

Haha, you been killed too many times right? By the way I thought 1.4 fixed this issue. Why are you still cryin?
Uh no one is crying and, BHer nor DDers are a problem for me. I am only stating the facts. Everything I said was completely true. The reason I hate it is because it looks stupid.

As for getting killed I do ok for myself. When I started yea I was horrible but, I average three kills to my one death now. I can't seem to see your stats though...
L_Rip7
+0|6384
I wanted to just weigh in on this topic. I can see SOMEWHAT both sides of the issue. More so on the side of disliking BHers & DDivers. Being a combat vet my self I enjoy this game for it's relative realism. Watching people bunny hop around (With full combat gear is moronic) way to much weight to be jumping like that. As for DDivers....It also is very unlikely to be able to drop to the prone position and engage the enemy with any kind of accuracy. These are the biggest reasons I dislike these "Tactics" I am no way stating that people who use these exploits are not talented. In fact I have played against many who are great players. That fact actually makes it worse I think. That such good players feel the need to employ counter strike tactics. I am glad the 1.4 put (Somewhat) of a stop to it. There most likely will always be a disagreement on the issue. One other thing that's kills me is all the "You Noob" "I owned you" or what ever these 11 year old kids are saying. Shut the Fuck up and just play.
thetrueyfp
+0|6382
Couple things I want to touch real quick. I agree with bunny hopping, to a point, I do it slightly myself. Not the whole ok lets jump up and down and shoot at the same time. Thats a little crazy. but it makes you have to get better. I agree with it for this reason. Its just a game. People take fantasies way to seriously. Yes it may have been designed to be a simulation but its not such so that you will be able to go out and perform what you do in the game in reality. I TOTALY AGREE with the whole hid behind something get your head up and shoot get back down. That is what the military is TRAINED to do. And its just damn comon sense. If your dumb ass is going ot sit there in the open with out cover and wait for them to poke there little head up then yes YOU DESERVE TO DIE. Your an idiot Plain and simple. If you want to be mister tough guy and stand out where you can be shot DO NOT JOIN THE MILITARY. You will die!

Second
Ok I want to clear this issue up though its not important to me. I just hate when people try to take credit for other peoples work. THE INTERNET WAS INVENTED BY DARPA, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, in the USA. True this is only the infancy stage of it but still as such Darpa gets credit for being the first the late '50s through late 60's. They are the first group that invented the ifancy of the internet. MANY PEOPLE changed it to what it is now.  The WWW was developed by by Sir Timothy John "Tim" Berners-Lee, who was a contractor of CERN at the time. Who admits that the INTERNET already existed before he invented the web.(http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/FAQ.html 1/4 way down)

For those that need it I threw in a few kid eplainations for you to better grasp it.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee
http://www.faqfarm.com/Q/Who_invented_the_Internet
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/4317521.stm      <-------BBC
http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/history/inventednet.html
http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/history/inventednetwhy.html
http://www.catalogs.com/info/office-supply/who-invented-the-internet.html
http://www.faqkids.com/idx/15/135/article/Who_invented_the_Internet_.html
http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/FAQ.html
thetrueyfp
+0|6382
I was bored sorry
DisasterMaster
+5|6409|(0,0,0)
Eh, I bunny hop as a defensive maneuver... It's what happens when you come from old FPS when hopping around was considered good skill. I joined BF2 after the patch that killed dolphin diving came out, so I've never used it.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6537
I dont dolphin but I do bunny hop occasionally while reloading to avoid bullets matrix style and then shoot people in the face which causes a lot of whinning.
Warlord
Divine Ruler
+37|6387|Afghanistan
I save my bunny hopping for Mario Brothers ...

It looks pretty stupid when a guy wearing combat gear does it. I'd say the maneuver indicates a lack of basic training when I see someone doing it.

~ W
gregarnold
+-1|6588
i think its fine you can still shot them well there doing it and they cant shot back. i only do it when im reloading.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6525|Πάϊ
I guess its ok to do it on some occasions. I do it sometimes when reloading or when I'm a sniper and facing a tank etc

But for those of you who might have seen Volx at it... well I think that's stupid. Just doing it all the time makes the whole game look dumb.

Last edited by oug (2006-11-18 17:48:39)

ƒ³
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474
I missed this thread. OP gave Zero Wing a good competitor for biggest butchering of the English language.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6596|Your attic
I'll bounce like a mother and you'll love it.

Seriously though, since 1.4 infantry movement is mediocre at best, if you can't cope with us now you never will and never could have.
Ice Cold Killa
+26|6450|Perth, W.A, Australia.
i only ever bunny hopped when joking around with my mates e.g when waiting for vehicle to spawn and got bored but i never used it in combat.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard