Poll

Do you think legalizing marijuana is a good idea?

Yes, but don't like the idea12%12% - 37
Yes, and I like the idea58%58% - 172
No, i hate the idea23%23% - 69
No, but i liker the idea5%5% - 15
Total: 293
Chou
+737|6805
It's a tax problem !
Orgtheone
+30|6676|The Dark Side Of The Moon
no,no,no dont legalise it well not in the UK anyway
Bertster7 with you being from the UK im suprised you even said yes
if the british goverment legalised it it would be Taxed to hell & back
What i pay for a qtr of a oz (£10) you might aswell double it
why legalize it i can go up the road and get what i want or as much as i want
i dont give a fuck about the police if they pulled me over when driving home i'd just eat it

BAD,BAD, idea

Never legalize cannabis

Last edited by Orgtheone (2006-09-26 07:23:10)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6780|Cambridge (UK)

{XpLiCiTxX} wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

{XpLiCiTxX} wrote:

Marijuana is good for you? What? I really hope I'm high on crack right now or something that makes me read wrong, because that may be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
http://www.marijuana-uses.com/index.html

BTW, finding that with Google took maybe 10seconds...
I was referring to the line, "and is actually pretty good for you." Oh really?  If pot was, "pretty good for you" then it would be legal right now, but obviously it's not legal now is it?

http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html

Scroll down to the "Effects on the Brain", "Effects on the Heart", "Effects on the Lungs", " Effects of Exposure During Pregnancy".  Well then, I guess that proves that marijuana is "pretty good for you", right? Moron.

BTW, finding that with Google took maybe 10 seconds...
But nothing is black and white - my link shows the good it can do, your link shows you the bad it can do. Using my link, you'll come to the conclusion that it's "pretty good for you" and using your link, you'll come the conclusion this it's "pretty bad for you". Neither of these statements is the whole truth by itself, but also neither of them are wrong.

Like most things (e.g. most pharmaceutical drugs), cannabis is both 'pretty good for you' and 'pretty bad for you'.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6780|Cambridge (UK)

Orgtheone wrote:

i dont give a fuck about the police if they pulled me over when driving home i'd just eat it

BAD,BAD, idea

Never legalize cannabis
10 on the 1/4? - I'd like to know your source for those figures - sounds like on those ridiculous official 'street price' quotes - you know whenever theirs a big bust reported in the news and it says "They seized xKg of cannabis with a 'street worth' of £some-stupidly-inaccurate-number"...
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6563|Southeastern USA
as a former smoker I'd say no, I've seen guys I work with doing some really dumb and dangerous shit while high and end up in the hospital, and the last thing I need is a stoned school bus or dump truck driver on I-75 in Atlanta, humans are dumb enough as is and sure can't be trusted to "use responsibly"
Orgtheone

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Orgtheone wrote:

BAD,BAD, idea

Never legalize cannabis
10 on the 1/4? - I'd like to know your source for those figures - sounds like on those ridiculous official 'street price' quotes - you know whenever theirs a big bust reported in the news and it says "They seized xKg of cannabis with a 'street worth' of £some-stupidly-inaccurate-number"...
sounds like you dont know what the fuck your talking about
Scorpion0x17
+691|6780|Cambridge (UK)

Bertster7 wrote:

Jinto-sk wrote:

i used to smoke 10 waterpipes per day for 5 years. believe or not, i got big mental and physical(!) problems. so, i would say no!
A very common problem with regular tokers, I have 2 friends that ended up in psychiatric hospitals due to weed.

Weed is a very demotivating drug and makes you LAZY as sin.
Legalise it and a large part of your nation turn into lazy bastards, unemployed ain't gonna go get a job just roll another doobie and worry about a job tomorrow.
I swear down pot smokers motto "I'll do it tomorrow"
If it's legalised the government wouldn't be in control of the distribution. It would be handled by private companies, who would want to deliver a high quality product at a competitive price to keep their profits high.
Ah... what bliss - pop to the local shop, "twenty White-Widow and a mars bar please"...

Bertster7 wrote:

I agree totally about the 'I'll do it tomorrow' attitude that leads to stoned apathy - but alcohol has simillar life changing effects.
Like the life changing effects of alcohol, stoner apathy is born from 'abuse' not 'use'.
Cannabis does have it's practical uses - it's just not good for 'linear' thought/action - it's very non-linear - great for creative thinking.

Bertster7 wrote:

Mental health issues are not caused by weed. You are just far less well equiped to cope if you do have mental health problems after prolonged regular usage. If you are at all mentally unstable, don't smoke weed. Naturally there would need to be health warnings on weed that was bought under any legal system in a simillar manner to cigarettes.
There should also be an age limit - there's mounting evidence showing that cannabis use in pre-teens and young teens can bring on, maybe even cause, mental health issues in some susceptible individuals.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6563|Southeastern USA
they get paid by the fed for making such busts, so they go straight to the lowest quantity sold and tally up the price, just like most other products, the more you buy the more quantity per dollar you get, so they use the smallest amount sold, usually a 5 dollar bag, which is something like 10 grams of weed (someone correct me, it's been a decade or so), so they look at the pile and say " how many 5 dollar bags can we make out of this?"
Scorpion0x17
+691|6780|Cambridge (UK)

Orgtheone wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Orgtheone wrote:

BAD,BAD, idea

Never legalize cannabis
That's what I was thinking about you...
[AD]will_young[G36E]
spreader of the herpies
+33|6544|Down under, melbourne
I i beileve 3 quarters of crime in aus is drug related and atleast half of that would be to do with OD'ing and getting the drugs..if your chemists or cafes for instance sell the shit in messured quantities you basically cut out half of the crime rates

Last edited by [AD]will_young[G36E] (2006-09-26 08:13:10)

Orgtheone

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Orgtheone wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

errr been smoking it for 13 years £10/Qtr,  £30-35/Oz, £150-200/9bar (qtr kilo) & and about £350-450/Kg
the more you get the cheaper it is if you go to any local dealer £10qtr is the minimal price you'll find it for and i'd put serious money on that

Last edited by Orgtheone (2006-09-26 08:19:40)

[AD]will_young[G36E]
spreader of the herpies
+33|6544|Down under, melbourne
$15AUD a gram from good locals in aus
Orgtheone

[AD]will_young[G36E] wrote:

$15AUD a gram from good locals in aus
yea and a qtr is 7grams which £10GBP is a good price can someone please tell Scorpion0x17 to educate himself before he starts dissing people about something he dosn't know anything about
Vartan
+10|6757|Belgium
*yawn we all get the idea of how cool this sounds, can we please stop talking about the same kind of shit now? thanks
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6574
what is this "mariijuana" you are all talking about???

/shame
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6595|SE London

Orgtheone wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Orgtheone wrote:

errr been smoking it for 13 years £10/Qtr,  £30-35/Oz, £150-200/9bar (qtr kilo) & and about £350-450/Kg
the more you get the cheaper it is if you go to any local dealer £10qtr is the minimal price you'll find it for and i'd put serious money on that
Depends what you're smoking. That's about as cheap as it comes. For some nice high grade skunk more like £60 a 1/2. I don't bother with much other than that, apart from the occasional bit of pollen or other fancy hash. Had some Thai Stick the other day, that was nice, but £15 an 1/8 for weed is a bit pricey.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6780|Cambridge (UK)

Bertster7 wrote:

Orgtheone wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Depends what you're smoking. That's about as cheap as it comes. For some nice high grade skunk more like £60 a 1/2. I don't bother with much other than that, apart from the occasional bit of pollen or other fancy hash. Had some Thai Stick the other day, that was nice, but £15 an 1/8 for weed is a bit pricey.
I'm thinking that - £10 a 1/4 I'd pay for a better quality soap-bar, for top quality green you're looking at £25 on the 1/8 (obviously with savings for bulk) true street price - and I'm thinking it may also be regional - I live in Cambridge - we pay London prices for everything...

(Edit: gets suddenly paranoid about putting what city I live in and how actually one, with very little effort, could work out exactly who I am and where I live... )

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2006-09-26 09:00:56)

IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6756|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
ten quid for a quater? has got to be gacky fucking soap..
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6605|Scarborough Yorkshire England

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Orgtheone wrote:

BAD,BAD, idea

Never legalize cannabis
Sounds right to me I pay £20 for a half oz - Resin that is not green
£20 for a 1/8 of Nice weed

Best place for weed was NZ £9 for a 1/4 of good bud

Last edited by Jinto-sk (2006-09-26 09:55:11)

Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

(Edit: gets suddenly paranoid about putting what city I live in and how actually one, with very little effort, could work out exactly who I am and where I live... )
Your right dude it didn't take long to work out who you are and which street your on, stop watching neighbours it's crap, picking your nose and eating it that's just disgusting.

Hear that car outside dude thats undercover police.

Just making a list of everyones user name and place of residence
golgoj4
+51|6788|North Hollywood

kiler100_uk wrote:

only fucking idiods take drugs
Make sure you tell the pharmacist that next time you need something...fucking dolt.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman

Vartan wrote:

*yawn we all get the idea of how cool this sounds, can we please stop talking about the same kind of shit now? thanks
What you on about, are you stoned, you don't make sense
golgoj4
+51|6788|North Hollywood

kr@cker wrote:

as a former smoker I'd say no, I've seen guys I work with doing some really dumb and dangerous shit while high and end up in the hospital, and the last thing I need is a stoned school bus or dump truck driver on I-75 in Atlanta, humans are dumb enough as is and sure can't be trusted to "use responsibly"
So what about drunkards?
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6541|London (At Heart)

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc … egal+drugs

Brilliant video on the subject.

Myself being a stoner, I would say yes, as I have never had a negative thought against anyone whilst stoned...
ddeuce78
+1|6455
i seriously believe that back when peopole started smoking tobbaco/marajuana that the only reason that marajuana is illegal now is because tbacco was the first to be produced in large quantities. if marajuana would have been produced in factories like tobacco it would be  legal today but as is it will always be a fight but will never become legal.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard