+8|6505
can anyone tell me how...

Inf weapon kills total 57% of my total kills

Equipment kills totals 7%

Vehicle kills totals 45%

how is that possible? ;D

EDIT:

sorry, the 7% is redundant as equipment kills are covered under weapons

sooo, where's the extra 2% coming from? i mean, that's 157 non-redundant kills i can't account for...

Last edited by IntrebuloN (2006-09-25 01:08:29)

~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6572|Internetfitlerland

Commander?
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6840|Portland, OR, USA

Rounding?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
IntrebuloN
+8|6505
i dunno if commander kills via arty are tallied

i know normal kills are

besides that i can't see how it's rounding, because it would have to be rounded to the nearest 2% for a 2% discrepancy, if it was 1% i would say maybe...

i'm wondering if those are kills when say, i'm in the mi-28 and blow the cobra down to 2 bars and it burns and you get the message

"So'n'so [killed] theotherguy1"
"So'n'so [killed] theotherguy2"

even more likely it could be the same situation except i've sniped a burning chopper with m95 or something and it says

"So'n'so [mi-28] theotherguy"
"So'n'so [mi-28] theotherguy"

perhaps i get credit for 2 sniper kills AND two chopper kills, that kinda thing could certainly add up to that amount in the time i've played

Last edited by IntrebuloN (2006-09-26 03:07:57)

=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6855|Belgium

EA/DICE works in mysterious ways.

I've seen whole hordes of smart-ass-commanders trying to extract commander kills from those numbers only to see them failing to make any sense of adding all the numbers together.
You are wondering about the advanced logic of your kills tally, while the programmers needed 9.34 patches for the following code:

Code:

if {other player NOT same team} {
  player name tag color = red
} elseif {other player NOT same squad} {
  player name tag color = blue
} else {
 player name tag color = green
}
Go figure

R
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6498|cuntshitlake

http://bf2s.com/player/78939470/

look the plane % of total kills... lol..
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6855|Belgium

DeathUnlimited wrote:

http://bf2s.com/player/78939470/

look the plane % of total kills... lol..
WoW... just... WoW

Thank you for proving my point.

R
Damn now I am intrigued, how does that add up?
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6596|Southampton, UK

rofl , wtf?
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6690
Sounds like a question for EA/Dice's:

https://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n197/mstoverink/redundancy-1.gif
Shadovve
+10|6638|Columbus, OH
You don't get credit for rams in your total kills. but they do count for your vehicle kills

you have 684 kills in a plane, 58 of them are road kills (rams) leaving 626 that count for your total kills

You have 2 kills in transport, 1 of them is a road kill, leaving 1 kill in a transport, you have 12 kills with regular weapons.

+12
=====

Road kills are bonus kills, that will affect your %, but they don't count for overall stats, or awards. (cept the transport badge that requires 5 road kills)
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6855|Belgium

Seemed my first conclusion too... but...

Explain this:
Total kills      13,634
=============
Weapon kills    5,678
Vehicle kills  + 8,484

Road kills    - 1,146

Where is the missing 618 ?

Sorry mate, there is no logic.

(I deliberately searched for someone with no commander time, so to not have to take that into account)
Shadovve
+10|6638|Columbus, OH
Ok here is a new thought line, that seems to be plausible, but no way to prove it.  Seems to carry through on my test cases.  What if you don't get to count your road kills that resulted in your own suicide as well.  In your Example he has 622 suicides, if just for the sake of argument, 618 of those resulted in road kills that he didn't get credit for, maybe because he was dead when the kill was scored.  Could also possibly be caused by a claymore that went off post Mortam?  Just brainstorming here.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6855|Belgium

Maybe, but I remain with my previous insight

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

EA/DICE works in mysterious ways.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6558|Little blue planet, milky way
Mmmm... Scoring is pretty wicked....

For instance, I have 40.000 kills (roughly), 18K has been infantry style, 13K has been with vehicles. So you'd naturally assume that the LAST 9K would be arty, right ? Well, NO.... If I'm IN a transport while getting an arty kill, it counts towards kills in a transport.
While YOUR example, and the guy flying are the "rare" cases, the majority of players will have a higher "total kills" than their inf+vehicle kills combined, even the ones who have never commanded !

This is not unusual. If you add up your combat score + teamwork score, you do NOT get your total score... Confused ? You're supposed to be. The thing is that SOME stuff is NOT in the stats feed. What exactly is missing, I cannot say, but for certain, you still get points for example neutralize and strategic destruction. However, these points are not in the feed.
The same thing goes for your kills. Some kills are NOT in the feed. However, I cannot say for certain which ones aren't. However, my kill with a LADDER hasn't shown up anywhere... Identifying all of the types of kills that might not show up, would require extensive testing, and while I'm not one to shy away from a challenge, I just dont WANT to spend the time wondering or learning. I just accept that things are NOT perfect, and move on, play the game and have fun !

Edit:

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

Seemed my first conclusion too... but...

Explain this:
Total kills      13,634
=============
Weapon kills    5,678
Vehicle kills  + 8,484

Road kills    - 1,146

Where is the missing 618 ?

Sorry mate, there is no logic.

(I deliberately searched for someone with no commander time, so to not have to take that into account)
Why would you SUBTRACT his roadkills ? They count just as much as other kills. In reality, you do not have a problem with not enough kills, you have a problem with TOO MANY ! So if you do NOT subtract his road kills, he has 528 kills that are NOT made with kits (while dead ?) or in vehicles.

Last edited by Twist (2006-09-26 14:18:31)

=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6855|Belgium

Why?

Well... good question; ask him: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=809789#p809789

R
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6558|Little blue planet, milky way
Sorry Robin-Hood, I DO realize that you were not the "first person" to claim that roadkills dont count. In fact, it's pretty unclear if you're defending the theory, or attacking it.

While I LOATHE to have to say this, I can't really take Shadovve's word for the part about the road kills, not with him being a lowly sergant, and especially, when all my experience tells me otherwise !

Untill someone "prooves" otherwise, I'll continue to believe that any problems with the stats in BF2/BF2S is caused by incomplete feeds, not trouble with the scoring concept or problems on this site. The fact that EA/Dice has NOT released the specific details about every aspect of the game may be because of their own ineptitude, but it may also be to prevent exploitation, or equally to NOT have to render support to every little twat who is missing 3 points of his stats that he earned doing "yadayadayada"....
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6855|Belgium

Sorry for being unclear;

Let me explain it in a few more words;

In this example: http://bf2s.com/player/78939470/
The numbers add up when you do not count the road kills as actual kills.. Why? Don't ask me but it does (or at least it did, I didn't check it again now)

But to verify that example with other cases I looked for a member with a LOT of kills, without ever playing as commander. Just to make sure that those kills wouldn't make the tally more obscure.
So I used this example: http://bf2s.com/player/48173983/
And nulled previous theory.

So you are correct, the difference in totals and sub-group off kills has nothing to do with the road kills. Why it doesn't add up is beyond everyone that tried to look at it wanted to make sense out of it. What I can correct is that the problem is not at our (BF2s) end of the line. Chuy doesn't do a lot of maths on those feeds (Besides the history and rankings, because those are advanced mathematics dancing a jig whole over the place). So it is really EA/DICE that doesn't feed the right numbers or has some sort of obscure way of adding some kills and leaving out others.

All complex and difficult magical spells work in threes:
They work in mysterious ways.
Hope it made more sense now;

Cheers,
R
IntrebuloN
+8|6505

Shadovve wrote:

You don't get credit for rams in your total kills. but they do count for your vehicle kills

you have 684 kills in a plane, 58 of them are road kills (rams) leaving 626 that count for your total kills

You have 2 kills in transport, 1 of them is a road kill, leaving 1 kill in a transport, you have 12 kills with regular weapons.

+12
=====

Road kills are bonus kills, that will affect your %, but they don't count for overall stats, or awards. (cept the transport badge that requires 5 road kills)
roadkills aren't rams, they're collateral kills

remember that time you fired a TV at the APC and the driver jumped out when he saw you coming at him and he died anyways when the apc blew? and you got credit looking like "IntrebuloN [btr-90] so'n'so"

that's a roadkill you can get while using aircraft

normal roadkills are when you run someone over, or ram an FAV with say an APC

i don't see any way an air to air ram could possibly count as a road kill, unless he's crashing near ground units and killing them with his burning wreckage
IntrebuloN
+8|6505

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

Sorry for being unclear;

Let me explain it in a few more words;

In this example: http://bf2s.com/player/78939470/
The numbers add up when you do not count the road kills as actual kills.. Why? Don't ask me but it does (or at least it did, I didn't check it again now)

But to verify that example with other cases I looked for a member with a LOT of kills, without ever playing as commander. Just to make sure that those kills wouldn't make the tally more obscure.
So I used this example: http://bf2s.com/player/48173983/
And nulled previous theory.

So you are correct, the difference in totals and sub-group off kills has nothing to do with the road kills. Why it doesn't add up is beyond everyone that tried to look at it wanted to make sense out of it. What I can correct is that the problem is not at our (BF2s) end of the line. Chuy doesn't do a lot of maths on those feeds (Besides the history and rankings, because those are advanced mathematics dancing a jig whole over the place). So it is really EA/DICE that doesn't feed the right numbers or has some sort of obscure way of adding some kills and leaving out others.

All complex and difficult magical spells work in threes:
They work in mysterious ways.
Hope it made more sense now;

Cheers,
R
My guess is road kills don't count because they've already been included in the total kills with whatever vehicle you happened to be earning them with.

For instance, i kill a BTR with the Su-34, and two nearby troops are killed when the wreckage blows up.

That's 2 road kills, but they are probably credited as A) aviator kills or B) BTR kills, and dont need to be added again.  It's just a sub-stat as far as i can tell.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard