wayne-o23
+3|6403
I don't know about you lot, but I'm getting fed up of spawning on a spot where artillery is going off, instantly killing me, this must have happened to so many of you, and I'm sure a lot of you are getting pretty cheesed off about it. how about if the spawn dot came up as red not allowing you to spawn there as its going off? surely someone agrees with me on this one.
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
Only thing you can do;RUN!

You spawn every 15 seconds,how long does arty take to recharge,think about it.

Last edited by jord (2006-09-24 07:50:13)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6434|cuntshitlake

what about if the spawn points would be covered of arty???
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6501|Boston, MA
You can't cover spawn points of arty because it's supposed to be a war game. Think about it, if you were commander of the real army, would you place artillery on an area with a group of people or in the enemy main base with all their vehicles and most troops?
voltage
+46|6811|Sweden
It's not advisable to pick the spawn point closest to the enemy, that is bound to get a lot of artillery. Pick one further away if feasible. Other than that the only thing you can do is developing a sense of when artillery is about to strike.

And if you see a teammate run away from the flag for particular reason then maybe you should follow his example.
gbr.hitman
Fair Play!
+21|6571|Warwickshire, England
also try listening out for the arty, 'cus if you are MEC on Karkand at the hotel you can hear the US arty firing, then you look at your map and think if I was US commander where would I fire the arty, and if it is at your location run like the wind my friend
deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6453
personally I enjoy it a lot waiting that nice 15 seconds to spawn then spawning and dieng and the waiting another 15 seconds its fun.
Dex Luther
+32|6409|Canukastan
The only place arty shouldn't be allowed is uncaps. Arty on any other spawn point is just tactics.

Use arty to clear out an enemy spawn as best you can before your troops go in to cap it.
Digital Aura
Git R Dun
+18|6632|Ontario, Canada
Agreed. Enuff whining. The game needs no further changes...sheesh.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6418|Boulder, CO
if i see arty landing in a spawn point then i just press return if i'm about to spawn as it won't spawn you if your still on the kit selecton screen a very useful anti arty weapon i've found.

but i have had it happen many times when i've spawned and the next second there's an arty strike and i die. i just find it annoying.

Last edited by Noobeater (2006-09-24 09:41:34)

KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6423|Cambridge, UK

Dex Luther wrote:

The only place arty shouldn't be allowed is uncaps. Arty on any other spawn point is just tactics.
Aye

Worse uncap I hate getting atty on is the ship on wake
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6501|Boston, MA
What they need to do is remove the artillery and bring those mobile artillery cannons from BF1942 back like the Wespe and Priest, or whatever those things were called.
wayne-o23
+3|6403
the reply from frankiespankie made me think, like on point of existence, they have large tanks that fire the artillery, not such a bad idea?
synoptic1
+1|6396
Yea its a pain in the ass occasionally. That's just it.  It doesn't happen often enough to me for it to be an issue. Like someone else said. Its a WAR GAME.  Bad things happen by chance.  Actually I've noticed that a lot of times when arty is going off I spawn in a building rather than in the open.  Most times it happens to me after I spawn and was just unlucky enoug to spawn just before the arty hits.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6604|USA
you could also wait for the artillery to stop!
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

survival guide.
1. Spawn Somewhere Else
2. Run
3. Die. You are not guaranteed a fighting chance.
gburndred
tiga tiga tiga tiga tiga woods ya'll
+95|6609|Calgary,AB,Canada
Wait until the arty finishes going off. Or maybe be SpecOps and go and destroy it.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6536|Area 51

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

You can't cover spawn points of arty because it's supposed to be a war game. Think about it, if you were commander of the real army, would you place artillery on an area with a group of people or in the enemy main base with all their vehicles and most troops?
I would arty my own troops just to get the Apache, and then when I get a gunner, quickly hop out, blow his head to slithereens, hop in and go solo choppering 

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2006-09-24 11:44:21)

MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6626

somebody wrote:

If I was a commander of a real army, I would place arty where my spotters told me to place it.

Nothing personal here because this isn't just the person that posted this...tons of people do this, but it always makes me laugh when people try to compare this to a real war game.  If real war was like this game, real soldiers wouldn't care when or where they were getting artied from cause they could just respawn and they probably really would appreciate the 15 seconds of rest.

And seriously, "You can't cover spawn points..." and then you compare it to a real army.  In a real army or a real war, there are no spawn points...so since this is a game, why can't you cover them?

My point is, well...nothing really I guess.  But this game is not like real war...not in the least.  In real life you don't have enemy airstrips that you can run from one to the other in five minutes, you can't drop vehicles on snipers, supply crates don't drop out of the sky, along with a laundry list of other differences.  But how about tactics?  Real war isn't just throwing thirty troops into a city and saying go capture all the really important areas (let's call them flags)...each of you accomplish the mission in whatever way you think you should.  No, you may have thirty guys, but there will be one or maybe two objectives.  Every person will have a specific role in the mission and every person will know what is expected of them and will die trying to deliver.

To compare the tactics of this game, or the gameplay itself, to real war in any way is just an overplayed joke.  Play it for what it is and deal with the crap.  Everyone's been artied right after spawn, yes it sucks, no there won't be any more patches to change that, and it shouldn't be changed even if it could.  The games been nerfed enough as it is, and anytime a new patch comes out most would agree that it does more harm than good anyway.  So just grin and bear it like everyone else.  And thanks for comin' out.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6615|Ohio
No one cares. See sig.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6662|Calgary

wayne-o23 wrote:

I don't know about you lot, but I'm getting fed up of spawning on a spot where artillery is going off, instantly killing me, this must have happened to so many of you, and I'm sure a lot of you are getting pretty cheesed off about it. how about if the spawn dot came up as red not allowing you to spawn there as its going off? surely someone agrees with me on this one.
Simply answer:  C4 C4 C4
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6620
go to a lesser croweded area..simple
chuuby
+19|6588
omg  people will bitch about anything.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard