schakl
+21|6688

ShotYourSix wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

I think 1.4 is really just a matter of luck. A bunch of people here have had a crapload of serious problems. Some, like me, haven't had any.

And I don't know why.
It's because people in general are too quick to dismiss hardware issues and simply blame the software.  With so many possible hardware configs possible, there is no way for developers (or hardware providers for that matter) to isolate every possible problem. 

How many people do you suppose have come here pissed off and bitching up a storm about crashes when in reality they have a shitty PSU which is causing problems?  How about those who have GPU driver issues which are causing crashes?  What about faulty RAM? (faulty RAM often performs just fine until certain conditions are present).  How about all of the possible problems which can occur due to corrupt files within windows itself? 

I could go on and on.....there are thousands of possible combinations which can occur given all of the variables present once we mix and match hardware and software options....the bottom line is that there are easily as many hardware explanations for problems as there are coding explanations.

BEFORE MOVING ON READ THIS PART TWICE: 
That being said, I would agree that DICE have done a piss poor job coding this game.....but to blame every single crash/hang/whatever on DICE is just ridiculous.  EVERY game out there is subject to these problems. 

I think we would be much better off to look at hardware issues when these problems arise than to simply head to the forums to start yet another 'DICE SUCKS" thread.

When was the last time you saw a thread about "I'm having crashes.....My specs are.....anybody else with the same hardware having these issues?" type of thread?  Nah, that takes both effort and intelligence to work through......seems to be a major shortage of both around here. 

Pick a game.  Any game.  Google it up next to the word "problem".  I think you'll see that BF2 is not alone in that department....buncha fucking whiners....
You are right, all games have troubles, BUT I've never seen a game before with so MANY problems. I played Black Hawk Down, Joint Operations or even BF1942 and had very seldom problems (1 crash/month). With BF2 it started quite good but with each patch it become worse. With 1.3 I had 2 server crahes in 4 hours, with 1.4 I have 2 CTD's in 4 hours. Thats no fun, playing on a good sever and the game crashes. With JO or BF1942 I played up to 10 hours without crash !
When I buy software I want it working, not some patchwork ! WOuld you drive a car where the manual says: The car may not work correct ?
Sandriatinhi
+15|6646|Apeldoorn, Holland

Alpha.350 wrote:

This patch is homosexual. Jalalabad is a gay map.
ROFL! The whole army is a gay thing. Too many guyz.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6718|Las Vegas
Look, I agree that BF2 is a trainwreck when it comes to code, but not EVERY issue is code related.  That's all I'm saying.  Lotta people are blaming shit that is driver or hardware related on the game.  Most of them probably ARE code related but many are not. 

Before I built my new rig, FEAR used to hard lock every time I played it (this was on a 3500+/A8N-SLI/X800XT).  Add a new mobo/CPU/and GPU (A8N32-SLI/FX60/X1900XT) and it has not locked up since.  At the time I was blaming the game for my problems, turned out it was something with my system.  I'm sure "some" of the people here bitching are having similar issues.  Thats all I am trying to get across here.....

Last edited by ShotYourSix (2006-09-13 16:34:04)

[*TROOPER*]Cerburus
+0|6455|Coventry England

[*TROOPER*]Cerburus wrote:

I have just installed the 1.4 patch and now, when I double click to start the game the BF2 logo screen comes up and dissapears and that's it.

NO GAME. The bloody thing won't even start now.

Does anyone else have this problem and more to the fact does anyone know how to correct it.

This was a complete fresh install on to a clean windows XP build.

The game ran fine until I installed the patch

All I want to do is Frag

Can anyone help.

Cerb

ThePunisher_ITA_ wrote:

OCKilroy wrote:

Has anyone had problems with game crashing and kicking back to desktop?  1.3 had a lot of dissconnects back to multiplayer screen, but 1.3 did not crash leaving me back at my desktop. Does anyone know of any changes I need to do to my cmos, windows or audio and video cards settings?

[url]http://www.bf2sigs.net/sigs/2/1157788051/65916445.png[/url]
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=43290
If, like me you were getting CTD at startup try this first, before you go ahead and D/L all this stuff in the above link that a lot of us don't generally understand.

Go into your My Documents folder and rename your BF2 folder.  Start BF2.

By renaming your BF2 folder it forces BF2 to create a new folder with all new Cache.  It 's a bit of a pain losing your profiles but at least the game will run and you can recreate your profile.

It worked for me and is a hell of a lot simpler than trying to test your computer for two nights straight.

Now I see that 1.4 patch has really improved the overall gameplay.  5 hrs straight with no issues.

Let me know if this helps!!

CERB

Last edited by [*TROOPER*]Cerburus (2006-09-14 04:52:01)

skratch-x
+25|6635|NY, USA
I feel like I get waaay too low framerates for what my system is :[
AMD 64 3200+ OC'd to 2.3
2 GB RAM
Sapphire X850 XT pcix16
etc
Granted, I'm on high settings @1024, but it should be fine.  I drop to 10-20 frames in CQC sometimes.
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6547|USA bitches!
I actually like the patch, but here are some concerns:

* Tv missiles miss targets way more frequently and I'm not talking about completely missing the other helo. I counted more than 10, probably close to 20, times when my tv missile traveled through either the cockpit, body, or tail of the other helo in my 5 hour gamefest last night. Freaking pathetic.

* In the year that I've had my computer, I've never had a problem with it. After installing 1.4, I get memory errors and my computer has to be restarted. Just yesterday, my computer compelety restarted for no reason whatsoever as I was capping a flag. This has to be due to 1.4 and there are no viruses on my comp.

* I'm sure, like everyone else, I've run across tons of noob tubers. Pieces of shit need to learn some skill to get their kills.
Fawcett AKA 4c3tt
+0|6481
i pwn u all... no probz with patch much better now all the monkeys, dolphins, rabbits, bunnys, and tank whores have gone MUahahahah.... Pwange
Fawcett AKA 4c3tt
+0|6481

skratch-x wrote:

I feel like I get waaay too low framerates for what my system is :[
AMD 64 3200+ OC'd to 2.3
2 GB RAM
Sapphire X850 XT pcix16
etc
Granted, I'm on high settings @1024, but it should be fine.  I drop to 10-20 frames in CQC sometimes.
Man,,,, i have the x800GT 475mhz 256mb and im getting around 100FPS on high settings and i can record with fraps on around 70fpsm i think iver your drivers, or the card, it cannot be your processor, having affect on the fps, something seriously wrong with your card. And you have plenty of RAM.
Cram0
+0|6461

Fawcett AKA 4c3tt wrote:

i pwn u all... tank whores have gone  Pwange
says this the guy with ~130hrs in tank, and 43% off kills in it:)))
Fawcett AKA 4c3tt
+0|6481
rofl noob,,, i am now infantry... i would say im 1 of the best...
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6818

Jenkinsbball wrote:

* I'm sure, like everyone else, I've run across tons of noob tubers. Pieces of shit need to learn some skill to get their kills.
j00 R loesr 4nd suck @ bf2

and now something on topic

infantry only mode on 64-man jalalabad is a joke. i'd have more fun with an avocado, a butter knife, and a six-pack of condoms.
Sandriatinhi
+15|6646|Apeldoorn, Holland

Fawcett AKA 4c3tt wrote:

How come you have 4 victims over 30 kills a round?
Your big mouth wasn''t statpadding, was it?
Now who is the noob?

Last edited by Sandriatinhi (2006-09-21 05:22:44)

shice
+9|6514|every1 h8's Germany
this patch simply sucks even worse than the last one and that is a masterpiece itself.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6548|UK

Weesht 1.3 cant be topped it was the most evil of all patches and ea couldn't beat it even if they tried!

And now commence the bitch fights!
Cram0
+0|6461

Sandriatinhi wrote:

Fawcett AKA 4c3tt wrote:

How come you have 4 victims over 30 kills a round?
Your big mouth wasn''t statpadding, was it?
Now who is the noob?
OMG PADDER!!!!11!! get hes "GOOD" stats wiped:D
souljar
+8|6483|Liverpool U.K

ShotYourSix wrote:

Before I built my new rig, FEAR used to hard lock every time I played it (this was on a 3500+/A8N-SLI/X800XT).  Add a new mobo/CPU/and GPU (A8N32-SLI/FX60/X1900XT) and it has not locked up since.  At the time I was blaming the game for my problems, turned out it was something with my system.  I'm sure "some" of the people here bitching are having similar issues.  Thats all I am trying to get across here.....
More like you trying to show off your specs to me !

I piss on your rig but am not gonna list it

1.4 blows big time !

Last edited by souljar (2006-09-22 20:37:49)

Cursed You
+64|6586|Idaho
As soon as I open the window to choose a server to go on, and as soon as I join the server, it crashes to desktop.

Now even though I went to Vegas and enjoyed the Bellagio Water show, I hate seeing it when Im in the mood to shoot things.

Any advice?  And the people who tell me to search before I ask, please move all of your flex nutting to PMs so I can ignore them accordingly.
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6543|Sverige (SWE)
head shot don´t work !!!!!
SGT_Sniper
+0|6422
the patch does f*&king suck, ever since i installed the full patch the day after it came out, it CTD atleast once every 5 mins. ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling which ended in disaster (spelling is shite i know), anyway im glad im not the only one who is havin trouble with the patch.
Killet
+0|6656
I'm glad im not the only one CTD.. I havent been able to play the 1.4 patch, and EA has stopped replying to support ticket. I guess they ran out of pre-typed solutions to give me.
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6491
I really hate this patch, today I've CTD around 5 times, and thanks to the bug where you swap teams and CTD probably more. I used to crash less in 1.3 and that's saying something, they haven't improved anything in this patch, only added a new mode and map as if to say "We know we've fucked up again in this patch, but we hope this keeps you quite."
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6557|Hungary
I just had a CTD during playing SF so i was playing as a sniper and i died...I changed to anoher rifle and CTD...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard