Abyss
+0|6398
I already asked in a previous post if I could disable the tracking.  Everyone said no and it was locked.  So on to the next question.  Can it be disabled via BFHQ or the EA systems that anyone is aware of?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6598|UK
You cant.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6737|Cambridge (UK)
Posting here because his previous thread got closed.

I guess it's not something that comes up very much, is it Chuy, but you really should allow an opt-out of bf2s tracking - though I don't know how you'd stop people from opting somebody else out (just as anyone can put any (and so anyone elses) player id into their bf2s profile)...
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6517
Why would you not want your stats tracked? You can't just not check your stats?
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Scorpion0x17
+691|6737|Cambridge (UK)

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Becuase they're 'personal data'. This is why we have information-privacy laws.

And 'just not checking your stats' doesn't stop somebody else from checking them.

Having said that, I agree - why would you want to opt-out of BF2 stat-tracking? - but some people might.
dubbs
+105|6603|Lexington, KY
Do not play on ranked servers, do not registor your account with EA, do not play multiply player, etc.  Guess you are one of the people who think that Big Brother is watching everything you do on your computer.
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6724

dubbs wrote:

Guess you are one of the people who think that Big Brother is watching everything you do on your computer.
They are.  And I'm fine with it in this instance.  Because if you stat-pad, even once, it gets registered, and then I get to call you a statpadder forever.  So don't do it.  Play with honour.  And if you don't want your stats tracked, play unranked.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6517

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

And 'just not checking your stats' doesn't stop somebody else from checking them.

Having said that, I agree - why would you want to opt-out of BF2 stat-tracking? - but some people might.
I don't see any reason for this except to hide something you don't want people to know your doing, aka hacking. None of your statistics are vulnerable personal data. You don't even have to pick the real country you are from when you make an account.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Scorpion0x17
+691|6737|Cambridge (UK)

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

I don't see any reason for this except to hide something you don't want people to know your doing, aka hacking. None of your statistics are vulnerable personal data. You don't even have to pick the real country you are from when you make an account.
Yeah, as I said, I agree. But that's beside the point - you and I consider stats to be 'not that important', others may not and may wish to have stats tracked by the game, but not publicly available.

Again, that's why we have information privacy laws - in the UK at least, we pretty much have the right to insist that all personal data (whether vulnerable or not) be removed from any computer system (with a few obvious exceptions, such as police databases) - obviously it's not quite as simple as that, but that's the gist.
Bozaloshtsh
Не пытай
+39|6478|51:33:24N 01:47:03W
Information privacy laws are designed for personal details - they are not designed or passed by governments to stop tracking of games data...  If you are that uptight about privacy laws, why did you register for this forum - do you know chuy?  Do you know that the moderators can see your account details...  for BF2s?

If you do not want to be tracked for the stats - you have been given the answer - in this thread and the other one.  To continue the argument is to thrash a dead horse...  there is no argument when the answer has been given.  If you wish to play Ranked servers you will be tracked, plain and simple.
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6603|Derby, England

I dont think I need to exaplin why I closed this.

Peace Boris
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6598|UK

badhq wrote:

I dont think I need to exaplin why I closed this.

Peace Boris
you just did?...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard