Poll

What team is going to win the new racially-divided Survivor?

Asian - just because6%6% - 7
Black - just because4%4% - 5
Latino - just because3%3% - 4
White - just because25%25% - 26
Asian - because of something about the race/culture13%13% - 14
Black - because of something about the race/culture13%13% - 14
Latino - because of something about the race/culture2%2% - 3
White - because of something about the race/culture29%29% - 30
Total: 103
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6508|Los Angeles
Interested to hear people's thoughts on this one. You can stream the first full episode here (dunno if it works overseas)

Personally I think this is an amazing idea for a show, and no matter what happens, it's going to be really thought-provoking in a hundred different ways.

If you think it's trash TV and OMG they will do anything for ratings and this sort of programming is terrible for America and blah blah blah - great, please share these vital, fresh opinions with us immediately.
eagles1106
+269|6591|Marlton, New Jersey.
lol first one to vote...look at my vote every1!
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6690|The Lou
the black team was very dissapointing, they make me sick to be black.

Last edited by HURLEY (2006-09-20 16:57:56)

LT.Victim
+1,175|6570|British Columbia, Canada
I dont think the black team is going to win, not because of race, just there team sucks..

I think its gonna be a close call between asians, and the whites..
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6690|The Lou

LT.Victim wrote:

I dont think the black team is going to win, not because of race, just there team sucks..

I think its gonna be a close call between asians, and the whites..
Dude, you're so racist, look at that guy in your sig, he's white, RACIST!

Last edited by HURLEY (2006-09-20 16:57:14)

0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6774|Arizona
Crazy puzzles and stuff...just hand it to the asians. 

Seriously tho...I gotta watch another episode or 2 to get the feel for the teams to make an accurate judgement.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6569
White, because everyone knows that whites are the ubermenschen.
JG1567JG
+110|6596|United States of America
I have not watched any episodes yet but the best team will win regardless of race.  The only thing that will make a difference is team work and chemistry not skin color.  This would be very interesting if they did the race segregation on survivor every year.  This way you could see which race won more often and what contributes to the other races losing.  Like I said though the team that works together best and has that team chemistry will ultimately win every time.
JaMDuDe
+69|6785
Once the latinos get rid of the fat guy they are going to win easily.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6569

JG1567JG wrote:

I have not watched any episodes yet but the best team will win regardless of race.
Oh, really?  You mean, the team that will win is the team which is best able to?

The whole point is whether race determines how good a team is.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6680|Colorado
Whomever uses teamwork the most & executes the plans without messing up.
I think the white team will win for no other reason than I think they will work the best together for a common goal.
I could be wrong though each race has the the ability to win, but do they have the desire.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6557|Southeastern USA
I can't fucking stand reality shows, I thought at first they might be a somewhat amusing observation of human nature til I realized how much they stacked the seats with retards/psychopaths/bipolars
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6478|New York
Yeah honestly fuck reality shows. I'd do something less painful like ignite my dick with a blowtorch.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6797|Singapore

kr@cker wrote:

Ibipolars
What, you've got something against polarbears now?
DSRTurtle
+56|6694
Does anyone really care?
Diogenese
Philosopher King
+16|6602|New York State, USA

eagles1106 wrote:

lol first one to vote...look at my vote every1!
You know I was going to defend you in the post where Polarbearz flames you for useless posts, but now I don't think so. You ARE annoying. Find another hobby.
And Lt. Victim, I am surprised to see that you watch Survivor. I do too and find it to be a good window into people and behaviors under pressure and duress.  I did not think we had much in common, but I will reconsider.
I think the Latinos, just because. The blacks are out cuz their team sucks.  They are also under more pressure due to their needing to "represent". When the lady said that in episode 1 I was like uh oh. But it was hilarious when she mentioned being able to swim and row a boat and then BAM they can't swim or row a boat. Others had trouble as well, but did not just talk about it. And I do realize that we only see what is edited and fits into an hour show. This should be a good season, although the challenges seem to be the same old but longer. We shall see.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6569

polarbearz wrote:

Quiet untermenschen!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

Here come the Canadians, OUT OF NO WHERE FOR THE WIN!1
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6557|Southeastern USA

polarbearz wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

Ibipolars
only the bi ones
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

What, no indians?
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6680|Colorado

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

What, no indians?
America wouldn't want to display the society that they destroyed.
IntrebuloN
+8|6478
i null voted since i feel that each race is going to have their own problematic/benificial characteristics

not to be stereotypical but asians tend to be smart, although slower in actually getting around to execution, they seem to like things just so before they get up and go

latinos appear to me to be full of passion and put a lot of heart into things, but this trait could lead to arguments within

the blacks probably have the best instincts, but might tend to go with the flow a little too much

white ppl (and i am one) tend to try and emulate the other "colours", or at least reflect the skills of the other ppl around them, although they might balk when the going gets tuff and start bitchin and complaining
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6569
Wow.  Racial profiling by random internet users.  Does that mean I can now call myself a rocket surgeon?
j5f5ff
+11|6758
Null vote.  Assuming that the show isn't somehow rigged (big assumption),  luck seems to be the bigest factor.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS
You might as well ask 'what race am I?'
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard