0akleaves
+183|6636|Newcastle UK
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nort … 365676.stm

All i need to say is i hope hes ok. Poor little hamster
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6620|Seattle

They totally spelled "Program" wrong
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6626|Philadelphia, PA
Well that sucks... I like Top Gear
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6646|Camp XRay

King_County_Downy wrote:

hmmm that sucks...i mean about spelling program wrong. i bet that guy feels like an idiot.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
IntrebuloN
+8|6493

King_County_Downy wrote:

hehe, actually it's a formal spelling derived i would guess from french and you'll typically see it spelled in that fashion in the UK

ever seen a play or opera?  the list of scenes or pieces they hand out is generally called a "Programme"

simple mistake tho mano
Madhadda1
+270|6567|Cedar Rapids, Iowa

King_County_Downy wrote:

lol,

but on a different note who cares? this happens to people everyday what makes him so special.. in my mind people are people but i guess he is some sort of super human rescue hero t.v. man guy. but i could be wrong
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6605|MANCHESTERRR
I hope hes ok He's ace! First steve irwin and now this?
wedge3382
UD-6 Talon Whore
+14|6579|Ellisville, MS
Never seen top gear, but I have watched Brainiac, cool dude.  Hope he is OK.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6786|d
that just fukin sad. top gear is sick.
Major_M_Walsh
+0|6714|Ireland
Poor hamster.
The Last Black Winegum
Mmmm! Winegums
+52|6628|Lancashire, UK
yeah in English a Programme is a list of events, or TV programme's  and Program is a Computer-Program....  not so important these days,  what with Americanisms  cross-cultural-pollenizing the language.
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6774|The 70's
Shit, thats bad news. Top Gear is a great show, and Hammond is a cool guy. They do a lot of things that look totally mad and dangerous, but you just assume that they have all the safety stuff worked out.
coldtoast
+12|6641|uk
hope hes gonna be alright
twiistaaa
+87|6691|mexico

Madhadda1 wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

lol,

but on a different note who cares? this happens to people everyday what makes him so special.. in my mind people are people but i guess he is some sort of super human rescue hero t.v. man guy. but i could be wrong
well lets run a list of what he has achieved and done side by side with a list of everything youve achieved and done,

no further questioning, your witness. bitch.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6696|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Good luck to the Hamster. Never mind all this talk about wether his programme is good or not. He's in a serious/critical condition with his wife praying he pulls through.  If he has kids they will be doing the same.

Thats why its sad not that he presents at least two brilliant tv shows.
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6564|Doncaster UK
good luck to the hamster, he was always the one that did the daring stuff on top gear
hell he even drove this piece of shit in this colour https://www.allcarnews.com/images/nissan-micra-cc-pink/1.jpg

now thats balls if you ask me!

hope to see him back on topgear in the future!!!! get better soon richard hammond!!!

Last edited by mavrick 3399 (2006-09-21 02:14:22)

Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6556|Doncaster - UK
He was trying to break the uk land speed record in a jet car, that doesn't happen to people everyday.

When it happens to 'personality's' its like it is someone you know, even if it is just a TV personality, so it effects you.  Thats why we care.

Hope he is OK.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6569|Doncaster, UK
Hope he's okay, poor 'ickle hamster. I'm betting the first thing he asks is if his teeth are still white!
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6556|Doncaster - UK
he could have them re-done on the insurance.

(oh god i cant believe i am so harsh, still going to post it though.)

BTW, i think the BBC has changed the story from  "stable but critical" to "improving", thats good.

Last edited by Use0fWeapons (2006-09-21 02:17:42)

SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6584|Cheshire, UK
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nort … 366422.stm

Looks like he is improving, those shows wouldn't be the same with out him.

All the best Hamster
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6569|Doncaster, UK
I know this should be maudlin and restained, but as a salute to petrol heads everywhere, check out the fuel economy on that car. "7-10 gallons to the mile" ROFL
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6572|Southeastern USA
well I shouldn't do this on this thread, what with the crash and all, but top gear is ass, especially the fat dude, hammond was the one member I could stand, it's all about how much money you can spend on a car. as opposed to the hard core car shows here in america and canada (i imagine they're the same in AUS, but I've never gotten to see one) where it's all about how much you can squeeze out of each dollar

top git: "this car's cool cuz it has 500 horsepower and costs 250000!!!! I'm fat and experiencing a midlife crisis!!!"
two guys garage: "this cars cool cuz he bought it for 2500 ten years ago and now it has 500 horsepower!!!! I'm fat cuz I spent the money I saved on beer!!! I'm drunk!! let's go rock crawling!!!"
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6815
I've lost track of Americanisms and what's good or not these says.  Is "ass" good?  I think "sick" might be but I'm not sure.

Anyway, fingers crossed for the Hamster.  The three of them together make the show what it is and it's so far improved from what it used to be.  In fact, if it weren't for TG, I'd only watch BBC for the news and Doctor Who.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6572|Southeastern USA
ass is bad, it's all flash and bling with top git, no substance

doc who old or new? do they not show father ted anymore?
DocZ
+13|6711|Belgium

King_County_Downy wrote:

erm in "english" english program is spelled programme....  It's not even my native language and I seem to know it better then english speaking people.....

By the way... that sucks...  I like Top Gear, best car show ever.....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard