Kaiser0
+2|6511
How much is one and i keep getting this.

https://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3830/blaha8.th.png

A forum also crashed out suddenly when i was viewing it but using firefox it doesnt. Is it due to the system time?

Edit: Done link.

Last edited by Kaiser0 (2006-09-19 16:11:57)

dubbs
+105|6646|Lexington, KY
First, link to your image, it is not linked.  Also, what version of Firefox are you using?

The CMOS battery should not cost to much.  It is basically a watch battery, and you should be able to run you computer without it, just that some of the stored data, like the date and time, will not be correct when you restart your computer.  Doing a quick search on Google for CMOS battery price it looks like it can cost you between $3 - $10 (USD)

http://www.liverepair.com/encyclopedia/ … eplace.asp

Last edited by dubbs (2006-09-19 16:11:27)

{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6774|San Antonio, Texas
You can get one for under $5.
spud924
+12|6466|The Sticks, WA, USA
Try changing your security settings internet explorer. go to Tools>Internet Options...>Security>Custom level...
There might be something there that can disable that. Maybe try the advanced tab?
dubbs
+105|6646|Lexington, KY
You could also just click Yes to the message.
spud924
+12|6466|The Sticks, WA, USA
ya but I hate that message always comin up. gets annoying
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6612|Cheshire. UK
if you can find a motherboard battery in for under $5 yell I could send you one from the uk and still have change from the postage!!!!
dubbs
+105|6646|Lexington, KY
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6686|Australia
Go to any electrical place that sells batteries. Shoud be no more than $5 bucks. Ive had to replace 2 batteries this year alone.

Like Dubbs said Click "Yes".
Orgtheone
+30|6676|The Dark Side Of The Moon
£2:50 GBP just over $4

if your CMOS has gone you should get a warning msg when you boot the comp and all bios settings will be lost
& need to be changed on every boot
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6750|Salt Lake City

The CMOS batteries are pretty standard, it's just a CR-2032 battery.  You should be able to get one at Radio Shack, any computer store, or even a camera bar that has batteries.  They aren't that expensive.
Kaiser0
+2|6511
Crap, the dead battery gives me problem. After i install windows update, it says my windows is counterfeit wth? i installed a new copy and original copy of XP and it tells me this.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6581|NYC / Hamburg

Kaiser0 wrote:

Crap, the dead battery gives me problem. After i install windows update, it says my windows is counterfeit wth? i installed a new copy and original copy of XP and it tells me this.
probs becuase it resets your time. i think you need a new batt
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Kaiser0
+2|6511

max wrote:

Kaiser0 wrote:

probs becuase it resets your time. i think you need a new batt
Is that true? Can anyone confirm it? Cause mine is really a genuine copy=(

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard