Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6482|Purdue
Download Battlefield 2142
Is it saying that if you download it, you'll be able to play the demo now, or what? It confuses me
It says "Pre-order now and play the demo before anybody else!" below the picture that takes you to the above link.

Ok...i looked under the news area and it said, "Battlefield 2142 will be available to pre-order on EA Downloader in September with a unique incentive - a 24-hour exclusive pass to play the demo before its public release. You could be one of the first to get into the demo of the most-anticipated game of 2006. Avoid the queues and don't wait for the mail - get it on Downloader and get it delivered direct to your desktop.", which is kinda cool...but I don't know if I wanna preoder it from say, Bestbuy or something.

Last edited by Goven (2006-09-14 18:09:54)

dstock9
+13|6606
That's for downloading the demo before the release, if I read it correctly. Basically, when it's released, you already have the files to play the public demo.
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6482|Purdue

dstock9 wrote:

That's for downloading the demo before the release, if I read it correctly. Basically, when it's released, you already have the files to play the public demo.
Yea I know. It says you get to play the demo 24 hours before it's released to the public, but you still gotta preorder the game from EA downloader to do it.
starman7
+15|6726
Don't you usually play the demo BEFORE making up your mind to buy the game?

Last edited by starman7 (2006-09-17 07:33:33)

Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6482|Purdue

starman7 wrote:

Don't you usually play the demo BEFORE making up your mind to buy the game?
Yes, and what's your point?
JP3
+8|6671|Grammar Land
Well genius, I think his point is that the purpose of a demo would be to evaluate a game before you purchase.  So what good is getting the demo 24 hours early, if you have to BUY THE GAME to get it!?
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6604|Philadelphia, PA
Personally, I would wait and pre order the game from EB games or some other game store. Because that way you have the game in the box, not just saved on your computer. Also, before pre-ordering it from EA down loader or any place else I would go to Gamespy.com or some other game news site and read a review of 2142. So that way you don't waste $50 on a game you might not like.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge (2006-09-19 11:03:46)

masterofflama
+19|6585|European Battlefield Command
see my sig:p
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6761
Cant, sigs are turned off

Anyway, why pay £35 when PCworld are selling it for £20? Even Game and Amazon are selling it for £30. Ill wait for 24 hours and save 15 quid, thanks.
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6546|Sverige (SWE)

Talon wrote:

Cant, sigs are turned off

Anyway, why pay £35 when PCworld are selling it for £20? Even Game and Amazon are selling it for £30. Ill wait for 24 hours and save 15 quid, thanks.
and i rater have the game in "real" form at home and not as a account at EA and lose my password or something like that......
[FHB]Unit44
+2|6639
BF2 is the last EA /Dice game I buy.......  we already have "future war" games!!!  hell Quake was that a long time ago!!!  And didn't have 10 patches that broke more stuff!!!  ......just my 10c
Disodium
+13|6515|Sydney
I have enjoyed every BF game released.. 2142 will be no different IMO & i have pre-ordered.
Despite the poor quality of patches in BF2 i think the way they are managing BF2142 is ALOT different and the revenue collected from dynamic ads will ensure that BF2142 is maintained to appeal to as many as players as possible..
If it doesnt people wont play this means ads wont be viewed and the players this time round wont be the only ones pissed off if the game isnt stable or playable..
Your gunna have the companies that invested into the advertising on BF2142 dragging EA to court if they aint refunded or compensated.

IMO its a turn for the better, but i guess time will tell if my opinions are correct or not.
saber66
+12|6457
i may wait just to buy bf2142, beucase it seems a lot of people are pre ordering it and so when it comes out...ill go to the store adn get it b4 or same day that the people that next day shipped their pre order, so i could possibly get it faster then them....but if i get one....

but hopefully the demo comes out soon, im dieing man
Havazn
+39|6695|van.ca
I'm just gonna get my from the EA store. For $20 it won't really matter if it turns out bad.
MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6659|San Francisco, CA

Havazn wrote:

I'm just gonna get my from the EA store. For $20 it won't really matter if it turns out bad.
haha. I love doing that, it's like EA giving YOU the reach-around

...sort of.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

masterofflama wrote:

see my sig:p
this coming from the guy with less than 150 hours on BF2..
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6776|EUR
Ahem* See my sig....
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
No thanks, i'll download the demo then see if i want to buy the game, not the other way round. They really are fucking milking it. It's pathetic and funny at the same time.
JovesApples
+4|6454|USA
well, one good thing about getting it thru EA Downloader:

no cd/dvd to have to sit in the computer all the time

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard