unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6784|PNW

Ikarti wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

and you don't seem to know anything about that, idiot.
There's nothing racist about it. If one group of people are allowed to flaunt their culture in the name of equality, why can't another?
Fine, fine, but did you read his post? He's preaching something very different. And what the fuck kind of school is he sending his kid to where he can't wear a crucifix. I have a feeling that's a lie, and if it's not, and he cares so much about it, he can send his kid to a school where he can wear a damned crucifix.
Regardless of whether or not it's a physical crucifix or the "drawn" cross I read about, I don't find it that hard to believe. I remember my days of speech-restricted gradeschool where kids got in trouble for "graphic" G.I. Joe lunchboxes and bullet keychains. Hell, we had to be careful of what we said around the J-Dub kid, though I'm sure he would've rather not had that kind of attention.

SenatorMendoza wrote:

Free speech all the way, either everything is ok to talk about or nothing is.

but:

STOP RELIGION BASHING!

you won't achieve anything except your own amusement.
Actually, "your own amusement" is a worthy end.

Sticks and stones, man...sticks and stones.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-09-18 19:04:38)

jsnipy
+3,276|6534|...

Its all tactic playing off of the illusion of freedom ...
MAJ-DMK-
+1|6674

KILLSWITCH wrote:

When the football world cup was on, my stepfather (who is a fire fighter) wasn't even allowed to put up an English flag on the fire station to support our team.  It was said that it "may offend minorities" it seems that we cannot do anything in this country without "offending minorities".
Actually minorites are white people in america as the majority of people in america are now african and hispanic.
alpinestar
+304|6608|New York City baby.
Fuck muslims fuck religion believe in dinosaurs and Steven Spielberg.
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6541|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia

MAJ-DMK- wrote:

Actually minorites are white people in america as the majority of people in america are now african and hispanic.
Wrong, Whites make up 69.1% of the American Population.

And every state except Hawaii has the race "White" as it's leading racial group in population.
SenatorMendoza
+7|6500

11thdsv wrote:

i say fuckin' nuke there ass's and make a big goddamn ash tray out of the middle east that way you dont miss anyone.
You are stupid. What about the muslims who aren't from the middle east? NUKE THE FUCKING WORLD, then you'll get em all!!!!!!! Get a life.

What about the many thousands of christians, atheists etc that also love in the middle east?

And WHO GIVES A SHIT if some arseholes burn a fucking cross, does anyone really care?

And for those who like conspiracies and all that: maybe the pope knew that there would be this kind of reaction to it? he was very hesitant about the comments he made and said them twice to clarify that they were not his own words, so he must have been apprehensive about it. Perhaps it is even part of a bigger conspiracy to make us react against free speech, essentially robbing ourselves of our freedom. no one else can take our freedom but they can trick us into taking it away from ourselves.

Last edited by SenatorMendoza (2006-09-18 20:54:16)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6784|PNW

SenatorMendoza wrote:

And WHO GIVES A SHIT if some arseholes burn a fucking cross, does anyone really care?
Actually, it's the principle of the matter. Nobody seems to care if a symbol of Christianity is mutilated, but everyone gets in an uproar if Mohammad is depicted in a cartoon. It's the hypocrisy that bugs me.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6573
Here's a thought:  We have all the advantages of the modern world, they don't.  With those advantages comes the responsibility to act in a fitting manner.
RustyNails
BF2s US Server Admin
+31|6631|Margaritaville via Austin

i think all of the muslim apologists need to wake up.  I'm not against any religion worshipping as they will, hey, that's their choice.  However, no one AND I MEAN NO ONE has a right to tell me how to think, live and/or worship myself. 

What if all other religions/groups acted like they did.  Someone says that christians are heathens or the pope is a devil, a few hundred catholics go blow up mosques or shoot muslim clerics in revenge.  They tell the buddhists that budda is a fraud and they will all die for their foolishness...a bunch of buddhists fly a plane into one of their religions shrines.

Outrage and religions "persecution" is just their way to justify their behavior....BS

Last edited by RustyNails (2006-09-18 21:42:55)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6573
*cough*Inquisition*cough*
SenatorMendoza
+7|6500

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

SenatorMendoza wrote:

Actually, it's the principle of the matter. Nobody seems to care if a symbol of Christianity is mutilated, but everyone gets in an uproar if Mohammad is depicted in a cartoon. It's the hypocrisy that bugs me.
the principle of the matter? hypocrisy? WHAT HYPOCRISY!?!?!?!?
NO-ONE is saying that when a muslim commits murder it's OK and when someone else does it it's not!!! But I think it's OK to draw cartoons and burn wooden symbols for both.

As far as the Mohammad cartoons go, I think that they should not have been banned, they weren't even racist really. I fucking love South Park and they rip on religions far worse.

I didn't mean to offend anyone. But, there is no use getting angry over someone destroying a symbol. My point was that if you get pissed off at the cross-burning then the cross-burners win. The only thing they want is for you to see them do it and feel sad/angry.

P.S.

Nah, I don't think that the pope is a racist and I don't think that muslims are evil. Does that make me a minority?!

P.P.S. Check out fancy pollux's recent thread about organised religion, it's a pretty good thread.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=44704

Last edited by SenatorMendoza (2006-09-18 21:45:21)

d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6697|Hell's prison

Ikarti wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Armageddon? Funny, just what Bush wants.
Bush told you this? No?  OK shut up...
God damn, have you not heard the things he's said and the things he believes in? Don't tell me to shut up due to your own ignorance.
I am just saying, you think you know everything, just because its what you assume dont try to convince everyone else that its a fact when you and I both know its not.  And you believing Bush wants armageddon makes you the ignorant one...so yeah...shut up.  And Go fuck yourself while youre at it.  Until Bush actually says hes bringing Armageddon, ill stick to believing it when I see it, and I assure you the US military would mutiny before that happens...hes got 2 more years left...just keep your anticipation, American hating asses in line til he leaves.

Last edited by d3v1ldr1v3r13 (2006-09-18 23:25:00)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6687|Canberra, AUS

4_Phucsache wrote:

Tis' a sad day when immigrants who move into a country can dictate the behaviour of the country they move to.
Doesnt this mean they will just change theier new home to become like the one they left?

Here in Australia Muslim groups are up in arms that the Governmebt is introducing new "test" criteria to become an Australian citizen.
These groups are saying that they should not be singled out however at no time have i managed to find any shred of literature stating that the new tests will be for Muslims only, as far as the Government is concerned no matter what your original nationality you must pass these tests to become and Australian Citizen.

It is the first posotive step i have seen this government take on immigration issues in the last 10 years.

I love the fact that Australia is such a multi cultural country and so many people enjoy it enough to move here but it will be a cold day in hell before i change the way I live to suit the ideals of those wishing to move here.

Love our country then love our laws, language and way of life. Dont just move here and try to make it the same as the place you left, after all if you were prepared to leave and move all this way, your original country cant have been all that great to begin with could it??
I think you've misinterpreted the debate around  this. Most opponents claim this is just the 'thin end of the wedge' which will lead back to the White Australia policy.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6573
And it's opposed by a number of groups, not just Muslims.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6721|Wilmington, DE, US

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

Bush told you this? No?  OK shut up...
God damn, have you not heard the things he's said and the things he believes in? Don't tell me to shut up due to your own ignorance.
I am just saying, you think you know everything, just because its what you assume dont try to convince everyone else that its a fact when you and I both know its not.  And you believing Bush wants armageddon makes you the ignorant one...so yeah...shut up.  And Go fuck yourself while youre at it.  Until Bush actually says hes bringing Armageddon, ill stick to believing it when I see it, and I assure you the US military would mutiny before that happens...hes got 2 more years left...just keep your anticipation, American hating asses in line til he leaves.
I never said I think I know everything, but here you continue to show your ignorance. Might as well go stick your head in the sand.
James-m
+28|6562|England

twiistaaa wrote:

i feel sorry for the muslims who are trying to good, and have already let go of the popes comments. it always crosses my mind "fuck islam to hell" but then i try to remember that the people who are doing the bad shit arent representing the whole muslim community. but it is hard. they shot a nun for christs sake. yet any type of western comment on islam and they are up in arms. boils my blood.

atheism will eventually win, even if it takes another thousand years
how many muslims do you know in your population who are tyring to do good?
Zukabazuka
+23|6697
Well we have made fun of jesus, god the bible but havn't seen people go rampage. Oh maybe the passion of christ wasn't so good. Other than that I don't know if people been mad about the time we have made lots of joke about jesus and the bible
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6572

RustyNails wrote:

i think all of the muslim apologists need to wake up.  I'm not against any religion worshipping as they will, hey, that's their choice.  However, no one AND I MEAN NO ONE has a right to tell me how to think, live and/or worship myself. 

What if all other religions/groups acted like they did.  Someone says that christians are heathens or the pope is a devil, a few hundred catholics go blow up mosques or shoot muslim clerics in revenge.  They tell the buddhists that budda is a fraud and they will all die for their foolishness...a bunch of buddhists fly a plane into one of their religions shrines.

Outrage and religions "persecution" is just their way to justify their behavior....BS
QFT
This exactly what bugs me. Stop defending  them Bubbalo. They would not do the same for you. You defend them and their enemies become your enemies. It's rediculous.

Last edited by rawls2 (2006-09-19 09:36:32)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6567

James-m wrote:

twiistaaa wrote:

i feel sorry for the muslims who are trying to good, and have already let go of the popes comments. it always crosses my mind "fuck islam to hell" but then i try to remember that the people who are doing the bad shit arent representing the whole muslim community. but it is hard. they shot a nun for christs sake. yet any type of western comment on islam and they are up in arms. boils my blood.

Did a muslim rape your sister up the ass or something? What precisely spawned your hatred for everyone who has even a passing connection with Islam?
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6776|d

CameronPoe wrote:

James-m wrote:

twiistaaa wrote:

Did a muslim rape your sister up the ass or something? What precisely spawned your hatred for everyone who has even a passing connection with Islam?
man that was me, iam sry. i tried to stop myself.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6572

CameronPoe wrote:

James-m wrote:

twiistaaa wrote:

They did kill 3,000 of my beloved citizens. Thats enough for me. Many of those from different coountries. You probably lost some Irish men on that day Cameron. But fuck it, right? They got what was coming to them right? Wrong.

Last edited by rawls2 (2006-09-19 12:03:52)

Jusster
Pimpin aint Easy
+11|6489|H-Town

james-m wrote:

How about the millions who live and work in the U.S. everyday without any issues or any terrorist attacks.

and to Rawls........some of those beloved citizens were muslims too

Jusster
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6784|PNW

SenatorMendoza wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

SenatorMendoza wrote:

the principle of the matter? hypocrisy? WHAT HYPOCRISY!?!?!?!?
NO-ONE is saying that when a muslim commits murder it's OK and when someone else does it it's not!!! But I think it's OK to draw cartoons and burn wooden symbols for both.

As far as the Mohammad cartoons go, I think that they should not have been banned, they weren't even racist really. I fucking love South Park and they rip on religions far worse.

I didn't mean to offend anyone. But, there is no use getting angry over someone destroying a symbol. My point was that if you get pissed off at the cross-burning then the cross-burners win. The only thing they want is for you to see them do it and feel sad/angry.

P.S.

Nah, I don't think that the pope is a racist and I don't think that muslims are evil. Does that make me a minority?!

P.P.S. Check out fancy pollux's recent thread about organised religion, it's a pretty good thread.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=44704
Naptime for someone, here. Talk about reading into things; did I say that people thought it was OK if Muslims murdered people? No...

The hypocrisy is that people can publicly rip on Christianity and get away with far more than if they insult Islam. And since you love South Park so much, you probably saw the episode that illustrated just that with a depiction of a Muslim response (Jesus crapping on the president) to a display of Mohammad, to illustrate network hypocrisy in censoring a parody of one religion only to freely show another.

Another example: nobody cares if dirty underpants are tossed at Mormon women, but could you imagine the public outcry if a street preacher ran up and tore off an observant Muslim lady's burka and broadcasted a video of it on the net?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6573
There's a difference between criticising a religion and calling it the root of all evil.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6784|PNW

Bubbalo wrote:

There's a difference between criticising a religion and calling it the root of all evil.
Yup. As some people also label Christianity, here. The hypocrisy I refer to is one of double standards.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-09-20 18:45:09)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard