ts-pulsar
+54|6472
Yesterday I found I was with out internet, and it was raining/snowing outside, so I was stuck watching TV.

To my disbelief I saw a recruiting commercial from the CIA

Here's it is if your interested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg4_MuV4MpY

I just find it rather disturbing that the CIA is having to make recruiting commercials, it just seems so wrong to me.

What are your thoughts?
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6733|d
i live in the uk, seen advertisements in the newspaper, Never on the TV. Now i now why, ITS SO FIGGIN CRAP.
Rosse_modest
+76|6746|Antwerp, Flanders

ts-pulsar wrote:

Yesterday I found I was with out internet, and it was raining/snowing outside, so I was stuck watching TV.

To my disbelief I saw a recruiting commercial from the CIA

Here's it is if your interested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg4_MuV4MpY

I just find it rather disturbing that the CIA is having to make recruiting commercials, it just seems so wrong to me.

What are your thoughts?
I don't think all of the CIA is as "neat" as it's cranked up to be.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
That one is kinda weird. I like the other one. I hear that even if you're an accountant or anything for them, you still get to take all the weapons courses and things they have. Aww shucks...the last part of the commercial requires citizenship---duh!
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6531
I've seen ads for ASIS in TIME.  It's the same as any job: if you don't advertise people don't know how/when to apply.
-=NHB=- Bananahands
+58|6528
That would be the most amazing job.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6655|Hell's prison
Id have a blast at the CIA.  It is easy to get in if you are Military too.  Very strenuous courses is what I heard.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

Bubbalo wrote:

I've seen ads for ASIS in TIME.  It's the same as any job: if you don't advertise people don't know how/when to apply.
You know just about everybody I've met has never heard of ASIS or the other Australian intelligence agencies until I tell them they exist. Seems all the focus is on ASIO...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

i also noticed that.. my first thought was

"sweet."

and then i proceeded onto their website, to look for openings.. only to find that anything i would be able to do (clarical work) is only needed in the DC metro area.

3000 miles from where i live.
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6680|Sweden
CIA are evil, they're no better than the KGB or Gestapo, arresting people for saying anti-goverment things and picking people up and sending them to their death
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Oh, come on. What's the CIA compared to the ATF? In the latter, you get to shoot women holding babies, pump flammable gas into "compounds," kill boys and their dogs, and shoot anyone who dares to surrender to your awesome might.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-09-21 06:17:26)

Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6493|Little blue planet, milky way
OMG that "commercial" is so terribly bad that I'm almost speechless..... ALMOST....

All I an say is that the CIA needs people too. It's only in hollywood that peopel are "recruited" out of college. I'm sure that SOME people are recruited, but I'm eually sure that this is a VERY small part.
Consider some of the stuff the CIA does:
Provide briefings on political security issues. Imagine the amount of effort and people it requires. Assume for a second the President of Bolivia was shot. The FIRST thing the american president would do was ensure that no american citizens got hurt, but the SECOND thing he'd do was to wonder "what are the implications of this ?" And then he'd turn to the local CIA man, who then ON THE SPOT is supposed to give the answer. The ONLY way this is possible is for all of these analyses to be prepared in haste, that requires MASSIVE amounts of information gathering, MASSIVE amounts of information sorting, and a lot of people to compress the information into a readily accessible little pamplet (ok, not a pamplet, but you get the picture). Now all of thse epople need a place to work, this requires infrastructure. All of the people need a computers to work on, this requires techies. The buildings need cleaning, this requires janitors. The people need food, this requires a cafeteria. Etc. etc.

I'd be pretty amazed if the CIA would be able to function solely on the applications they got WITHOUT advertising.
PRiMACORD
+190|6595|Home of the Escalade Herds
Army/Navy/Airforce ads > CIA ads

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard