OneThursday
+0|6705|Long Island
"canada is like a loft apartment over a really great party.  "Ehh! keep it down, down there!" - Robin Williams
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6716

[N.B]canadiannnn wrote:

FeloniousMonk wrote:

Canada is like America's attic. Everyone once in a while we go up there and say "Oh wow, look at all this shit up here! I completely forgot about it...."
America is like Canadas basement...once and a while we go down there and were like ''WTF...i thought i threw this shit out?''
haha omg +1
(s9)Luckystrike
+1|6712
I must say i love being Canadian.. I enjoy taking a nice strol down the city street without a kevlar vest. I also am getting a little worried at how over half the world hate the American, don' get me wrong i don't mind Americans at all, drank a shit load beer with them on a vacation (btw. we canadian own the shit at drinking )

yea and to all the Canadians about the election, i will not vote for the bloody PC's simply because they knew they WOUDL NOT win yet us the taxpayers have to give even more money to them, ridiclous if you ask me..

here's a crazy video, quite leftist, very leftist actually and quitye interesting

http://www.wimp.com/propaganda/
Kingswat
+0|6725

[1stSSF]=Nuka= wrote:

Buzerk1 wrote:

Yup, another election... prediction... Liberals with a minority parlement and we will have to do this all over again in a year and half.

ThomasMorgan wrote:

$20 says the liberals win the election anyway.
I'm sure your both right...that's the one part of Parlimentary method that is a bit unsettling...the knowledge that when all the parties don't commit to working together AND you don't have a majority, nothing useful gets done...wait, that was supposed to come out as BAD...lol

Oh, and was that US$20 or CAN$20?
Its funny because the only thing you hear about is the sponsorship scandal about the liberals.
That's all the conservatives, bloc and ndp can bitch about.

When in hte end, they are all politicians and are all crooks.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6818|-
I met the Canadian Army once. He's a nice guy.
nzjafa
+2|6736

[N.B]canadiannnn wrote:

FeloniousMonk wrote:

Canada is like America's attic. Everyone once in a while we go up there and say "Oh wow, look at all this shit up here! I completely forgot about it...."
America is like Canadas basement...once and a while we go down there and were like ''WTF...i thought i threw this shit out?''
oh wow. that was beautiful. hahaha
shaunboulton
+1|6734
OMG u guys serious, spain lol, holland lol, quabec LOL. wtf!!!!, the world could live without canada, yes???
Im british, i think we r important, id like to say the best but realistically its debatable.But what the heck lol, BRITAIN IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!
CackNBallz
+45|6713|Toronto, Canada

ThomasMorgan wrote:

i'm an american living in canada.  its quite nice once people learn youre not as ignorant as previously expected.

$20 says the liberals win the election anyway.
You sir, have automatically lost your ignorance by living up here in the North.  What city do you reside in?

The Liberal Party will win another minority government but will take heavy losses in Quebec, where that AdScam took place.  It is true that it is all the other parties can bitch about.  The Liberals have been in power for more than a decade, and made this country thrive as much as it has.

Gay marriage is now recognized (at first I was against it, but I do think that gays have to have rights too, they are humans.) They also tried to decriminalize marijuana, but that didn't happen when the opposition and courts stepped in. 

We don't have a deficit anymore, we've been having a surplus for the last few years and it is over $60 billion now.  Universal healthcare gives us a safety net when we are ill, and makes it cheaper for corporations and small businesses to do their thing without worrying about health insurance.

I would also like to point out that it was the Conservatives that introduced the GST (Goods and Services Tax of 7% on all things that are purchased except for basic food items like meats, bread, milk, etc.) consumption tax.  The Liberals promised to take away the GST and never did it.  But they made the country better, and what it is today.

The final thing I would like to point out is that Cubans love us and I love Cuba. And their cigars! I absolutely love their cigars!
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6720|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL

CackNBallz wrote:

The final thing I would like to point out is that Cubans love us and I love Cuba. And their cigars! I absolutely love their cigars!
And with that comment, you, sir, suck.

This stupid embargo that NO ONE recognizes anymore except the Cuban-American lobby in South Florida, with their massive wealth and subsequent lobbying/sponsorship that maintains a foolish embargo that mainly hurts the US.

Thanks for making me depressed on TWO counts.
CANADIAN_rocker
+0|6716|CANADA
"EH?" its a saying like "you kno what i mean right?..rriight..?" but shorter like "eh" i cannot belive the yanks did not figure that answer out yet. I think there all jelous ..it would be true cuz how much the media shows it lol like on Family guy, when peter says "Canada sucks" its because when he was 21 he couldent come in Canada becasue he did not have a passport. I heard it on american TV chanel 54
CANADIAN_rocker
+0|6716|CANADA

shaunboulton wrote:

OMG u guys serious, spain lol, holland lol, quabec LOL. wtf!!!!, the world could live without canada, yes???
Im british, i think we r important, id like to say the best but realistically its debatable.But what the heck lol, BRITAIN IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!
I respect british, untill you desided to reck my respect

Luts of luv chap
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6807

FeloniousMonk wrote:

Who are you man. you F@#$ crack me up, Do you make this sh1t up. You should be on SNL.
FeloniousMonk
+0|6705

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

That pic is funny, but there's no water in Afghanistan...

Canada's Navy is actually pretty good.
Yes, thought in all seriousness I have much respect for people in the Canadian military as well as all militaries around the world. I've met a few former members of the Republican Guard, people that may have shot at my father at one time or another, and despite the different ideologies I've seen them as decent people and honorable soldiers.
FeloniousMonk
+0|6705

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

I met the Canadian Army once. He's a nice guy.
lololololol haven't heard that one before
Hyper
Banned
+154|6721

FeloniousMonk wrote:

but were bigger and on top...that makes you our bitch
Buzerk1
+44|6806

shaunboulton wrote:

Bad weather... (Summer ran away from Britain centuries ago)... Food sucks... that's why you drink so much Guiness, this way you don't taste the food lolll And I'm not even mentioning women...

Yes it's cold over here, but at least we have great Summers...

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2005-12-06 22:21:00)

CackNBallz
+45|6713|Toronto, Canada

[1stSSF]=Nuka= wrote:

CackNBallz wrote:

And with that comment, you, sir, suck.

This stupid embargo that NO ONE recognizes anymore except the Cuban-American lobby in South Florida, with their massive wealth and subsequent lobbying/sponsorship that maintains a foolish embargo that mainly hurts the US.

Thanks for making me depressed on TWO counts.
Yes the embargo is stupid.  It's another example of minority groups ruining it for the rest of the population.  Just like when installing stuff.  There is a minority of wealthy people compared to people at lower incomes, yet they control the majority of the world.  Everything goes fine until it hits 99% at which point your computer just sits there for what seems like an hour for that 1% to finish.

Concerning the word "Eh" well I use it almost everyday.  It sounds much better than the American "huh" at the end of the sentence. Or the drunken Irish guy I was playing with in my squad as the pilot and me as the gunner in the Cobra, "Let's go get some kills YEAH? Look to your right! YEAH?  We're going for some repairs! YEAH?"  That guy just pierced my ears with the "YEAH".  It was funny because I could hardly understand what he was saying most of the time.
L.Flint
+0|6713
From the book "How To Be A Canadian"

Canadian Imposter

As a Canadian, you have to be extra vigilant. There are a lot of impostors
out there. If you suspect that someone is falsely trying to pass themselves
off as a Canadian, make the following statement - and then carefully note
their reaction:

"Last night, I cashed my pogey and went to buy a mickey of C.C. at
the beer parlour, but my skidoo got stuck in the muskeg on my way back to
the duplex. I was trying to deke out a deer, you see. Damn chinook, melted
everything. And then a Mountie snuck up behind me in a ghost car and gave
me an impaired. I was S.O.L., sitting there dressed only in my Stanfields
and a touque at the time. And the Mountie, he's all chippy and everything,
calling me a "shit disturber" and what not. What could I say, except,
"Sorry, EH!"

If the person you are talking to nods sympathetically, they're one of us.
If, however, they stare at you with a blank incomprehension, they are not a
real Canadian. Have them reported to the authorities at once.

The passage cited above contains no fewer than 19 different Canadianisms.
In order:

pogey: EI (Employment insurance). Money provided by the government
for not working.

mickey: A small bottle of booze (13 oz) (A Texas mickey, on the other
hand, is a ridiculously big bottle of booze, which, despite the name,
is still a Canadianism through and through.)

C.C.: Canadian Club, a brand of rye. Not to be confused with "hockey
stick," another kind of Canadian Club.

beer parlour: Like an ice cream parlour, but for Canadians.

skidoo: Self-propelled decapitation unit for teenagers, (Snow-Mobiles)

muskeg: Boggy swampland.

duplex: A single building divided in half with two sets of inhabitants
- each trying to pretend the other doesn't exist while at the same time
managing
to drive each other crazy; metaphor for Canada's french and English.

deke: found in the dictionary as a "skillful misdirection." As a noun,
it is used most often in exclamatory constructions, such as: "Whadda deke!"
Meaning, "My, what an impressive display of physical dexterity employing
misdirection and guile."

chinook: An unseasonably warm wind that comes over the Rockies and onto
the plains, melting snow banks in Calgary but just missing Edmonton,
much to the pleasure of Calgarians.

Mountie: Canadian icon, strong of jaw, red of coat, pure of heart.
Always get their man! (See also Pepper spray, uses of.)

snuck: To have sneaked; to move, past tense, in a sneaky manner;
non-restrictive extended semi-gerundial form of "did sneak." (We think.)

ghost car: An unmarked police car, easily identifiable by its
inconspicuousness.

impaired: A charge of drunk driving. Used both as a noun and as an
adjective
(the alternative adjectival from of "impaired" being "pissed to the gills").

* S.O.L.: Shit outta luck; in an unfortunate predicament.

Stanfields: Men's underwear, especially Grandpa-style, white cotton ones
with a big elastic waistband and a large superfluous flap in the front and
back!

touque: Canada's official National Head Apparel, with about the same
suave sex appeal as a pair of Stanfields

chippy: Behaviour that is inappropriately aggressive; constantly
looking for a reason to find offense; from "chip on one's shoulder."
(See WesternCanada)

shit disturber: (See Quebec) a troublemaker or provocateur.
According to Katherine Barber, editor in Chief of the Canadian Oxford
Dictionary, "shit disturber" is a distinctly Canadian term. (Just remember that Western Canada is chippy and Quebec is a shit disturber, and you will do fine.)
TheDrNailsGuy
+5|6687
You know why america is hurting so much right now?  Why our healthcare sucks?  Why our economy is the way it is?  Because CANADA, HOLLAND, FRANCE, AND ANY OTHER HALF ASSED COUNTRY I FORGOT TO MENTION IS TOO PUSSY TO HAVE A DECENT MILLITARY TO PROTECT YOUR OWN ASSES, SO WE HAVE TO SPEND OUR OWN MONEY AND LIFE DOING IT FOR YOU. 

Who basically runs the fucking planet?  How did our country become the most powerfull nation on the face of the earth in 200 years?  Why does every facet of human life know about my country, and i don't know the name of half the countries in the fucking world?

If America is so bad, why is Iraq still Iraq, not my fucking back yard? Just because Canada or another country might have it easier than us, sure as hell doesn't mean it's better.  It just means we made it that way.  If it wasn't for my grand parents, your sorry asses would be speaking german right now.
Buzerk1
+44|6806

TheDrNailsGuy wrote:

You know why america is hurting so much right now?  Why our healthcare sucks?  Why our economy is the way it is?  Because CANADA, HOLLAND, FRANCE, AND ANY OTHER HALF ASSED COUNTRY I FORGOT TO MENTION IS TOO PUSSY TO HAVE A DECENT MILLITARY TO PROTECT YOUR OWN ASSES, SO WE HAVE TO SPEND OUR OWN MONEY AND LIFE DOING IT FOR YOU. 

Who basically runs the fucking planet?  How did our country become the most powerfull nation on the face of the earth in 200 years?  Why does every facet of human life know about my country, and i don't know the name of half the countries in the fucking world?

If America is so bad, why is Iraq still Iraq, not my fucking back yard? Just because Canada or another country might have it easier than us, sure as hell doesn't mean it's better.  It just means we made it that way.  If it wasn't for my grand parents, your sorry asses would be speaking german right now.
Your healthcare sucked before you decided to go to war with a country that had nothing to do with 9-11. FYI, your healthcare care doesn't suck, what sucks is, it's not accessible unless you have $$. It's a choice, don't blame others for that.

When the USA went to war with Iraq, it's not Canada's interest they were trying to protect, it's theirs. We don't  need GAS, we have it already. Sadam was already cripled by the embargos, he was no menace for anyone except Iraqi people. And if this justify USA war on Iraq, what country is next? North Corea? Hell they have access to nuclear bomb, if there is one country that is dangerous it that one...Oupss forgot...no GAS there.

The USA are not running the planet, but they act like if they did sometimes.

As for WWII, get your head of your A$$, per capita, other countries contributed more then the USA and before the USA. Canada being one of them. This war was hard for all countries on the planet, that's why it was called World War. It was not the USA war against Japan/Nazi, it was a world war that  still affects us today (Maps were redraw, new countries were created (Israel, to only name this one) and conflicts still existing today come directly from it).  I respect what your Grand Father did, but you should also respect what mine did and if you would ask your grand father today, he would tell you, they were all BROTHERS IN ARMS.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center

CackNBallz wrote:

You sir, have automatically lost your ignorance by living up here in the North.  What city do you reside in?
Haha, thank you, thank you.  Right now I live in good old St Catharines.  Although, I'm slowly starting to realize there's really not too much good about it...
12th.COL.PARAMEDIC
+0|6750

ThomasMorgan wrote:

quebec = best country EVAR!

canadians will get this joke...
oui oui!!!,

that is funny!!!!
Rosse_modest
+76|6746|Antwerp, Flanders

Buzerk1 wrote:

TheDrNailsGuy wrote:

Your healthcare sucked before you decided to go to war with a country that had nothing to do with 9-11. FYI, your healthcare care doesn't suck, what sucks is, it's not accessible unless you have $$. It's a choice, don't blame others for that.

When the USA went to war with Iraq, it's not Canada's interest they were trying to protect, it's theirs. We don't  need GAS, we have it already. Sadam was already cripled by the embargos, he was no menace for anyone except Iraqi people. And if this justify USA war on Iraq, what country is next? North Corea? Hell they have access to nuclear bomb, if there is one country that is dangerous it that one...Oupss forgot...no GAS there.

The USA are not running the planet, but they act like if they did sometimes.

As for WWII, get your head of your A$$, per capita, other countries contributed more then the USA and before the USA. Canada being one of them. This war was hard for all countries on the planet, that's why it was called World War. It was not the USA war against Japan/Nazi, it was a world war that  still affects us today (Maps were redraw, new countries were created (Israel, to only name this one) and conflicts still existing today come directly from it).  I respect what your Grand Father did, but you should also respect what mine did and if you would ask your grand father today, he would tell you, they were all BROTHERS IN ARMS.

BTW, we wouldn't be speaking german, we'd be speaking Russian...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard