san4
The Mas
+311|6698|NYC, a place to live
Today I was sniping on Jalalabad and I shot one guy who didn't die. He hid behind something but his foot was sticking out. Shot the foot, killed him. If he had been a dwarf, he would have survived. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but a dwarf kit would rock.

1. Smaller target for enemies to shoot at. Hitting them at all would be like a head shot on a full-size player. And forget about getting a headshot on a dwarf.

2. You couldn't knife them when you are standing up (but they could knife you)

3. They could hide in small places and jump out and kill you. Like behind the low walls at the Hotel flag in Karkand. Or the sandbags at lots of flags (e.g., Suburb in Karkand). Full size soldiers are immobile when they go prone behind a wall and that makes them vulnerable to grenades, surprise attacks, etc. Dwarf soldiers could remain standing and be ready to run and fight.

4. A dwarf running up to put C4 on your tank? Kaboom!
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6706|Germany
Dwarfs?Fairies and wizards?

Go play gay WOW!!!
KO
Banned
+31|6553|New Jersey
ok.....
Delphy
+45|6595|Bristol, UK
Do they get axes?
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6760|Chicago.
Gimli FTW!!!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England
He wouldn't be able to successfully drive or pilot any of the vehicles. If any of you are asking for this kits weakness.

Edit: This makes you think though, stuff like running whilst crouched like in RO would be really useful. It was in RO, and that's a hardcore realism game.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2006-09-17 13:07:56)

INDREKK367
+10|6496

Mekstizzle wrote:

He wouldn't be able to successfully drive or pilot any of the vehicles. If any of you are asking for this kits weakness.

Edit: This makes you think though, stuff like running whilst crouched like in RO would be really useful. It was in RO, and that's a hardcore realism game.
You´ll need 2 dwarfs for driving a car and perfect teamwork -  1 hitting pedals, other steering and switching gear.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6760|the middle of nowhere

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Go play gay WOW!!!

Last edited by Darkhelmet (2006-09-17 13:11:30)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6730|California

stryyker [dropkicks] thread
Kanye North
randy
+80|6474

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Go play gay WOW!!!
P581
Monkey
+44|6479

san4 wrote:

Today I was sniping on Jalalabad and I shot one guy who didn't die. He hid behind something but his foot was sticking out. Shot the foot, killed him. If he had been a dwarf, he would have survived. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but a dwarf kit would rock.

1. Smaller target for enemies to shoot at. Hitting them at all would be like a head shot on a full-size player. And forget about getting a headshot on a dwarf.

2. You couldn't knife them when you are standing up (but they could knife you)

3. They could hide in small places and jump out and kill you. Like behind the low walls at the Hotel flag in Karkand. Or the sandbags at lots of flags (e.g., Suburb in Karkand). Full size soldiers are immobile when they go prone behind a wall and that makes them vulnerable to grenades, surprise attacks, etc. Dwarf soldiers could remain standing and be ready to run and fight.

4. A dwarf running up to put C4 on your tank? Kaboom!
True story, Russia made a tank that was supposed to outmaneuver the US tanks during the cold war. Problem is that to make it more efficient they took all the crew space out of the tanks. They were left with space for a 4-5 ft tall driver. Apparently they were death traps as well. Not good to be short in Stalinist Russia I guess.

(+1 karma to anyone who can identify the nomenclature of the tank I am talking about, I forgot...)
san4
The Mas
+311|6698|NYC, a place to live
Dwarf soldiers in history:

Charlemagne was well over six feet; the soldiers who stormed the Bastille a millennium later averaged five feet and weighed a hundred pounds. “They didn’t look like Errol Flynn and Alan Hale,” the economist Robert Fogel told me. “They looked like thirteen-year-old girls.”
http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?040405fa_fact

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard