E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6680|UK
a bit off topic:

I love jumping on the tank when they have a gunner and shockpaddling them.
The#1Spot
+105|6532|byah

Coolbeano wrote:

Grenades don't do SHIT to armor.

I don't know how many times I've seen someone chuck grenades at a Tank or an APC. They do null damage. They might, might, say, 50 of them, might, take down an APC... with a couple of bars left. And that's only because the APC is on fire anyway when it has 2 bars.

Anyone I see on my team throwing grenades at a tank is automatically added to my 'don't ride in my car' list, and is a potential for my 'page down' list.

Stop. Throwing. Grenades. At. Armor.
dude your lucky they do damage cause in real life we would be sitting there laughing at you trying to  grenade spam a real tank.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6743|Chicago.
This is how I see it:

Let them throw! It serves as an indicator of their position. Just turn the turret in the direction of the hit, and boom.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460

AnarkyXtra wrote:

Nah - let them carry on. Then armour drivers like me can seek 'em out easily and splat 'em... 
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6611|Manitowoc, WI

Coolbeano wrote:

I don't even know how this is gonna help my gameplay. I should go over to ea th and tell people to stop trying to stab tanks with knives.

Yes, I've seen people do it. Several times.

edit:

RDMC(2) wrote:

Maybe if you had payed a bit of attention in the singleplayer then you would have noticed that every bot will chuck a nade at your precious tank. The nades do damage.
Just because the bots do it doesn't mean it's a good tactic. Go test it out yourself, i think at around 20 nades the first bar was split into two.
You're just flat out lying, I believe that 5 grenades do enough damage to take out around 1/4 of the tanks health.  So if the tank is smoking/sparking, throwing grenades at it from secrecy is a plausible tactic.
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6611|Cork, Ireland
10 Grenades will do serious damage to a tank
Icleos
+101|6734
Support = Infinite Grenades

I got into a stalemate with a tank at the Gas Station on Mashtur when I was commanding.  And guess who won?
The tank was helpless because I was lying on top of the building and spaming him to death with grenades.
I don't know where you get your information but grenades damage every vehicle in the game.  It has always been like that.
']['error
Banned
+630|6636|The Netherlands

vassili wrote:

I got kills doing that some times you see an smoking apc why not trow a nade it might just do it ?
and if I see I'm gonna die what do you think is smarter knife the apc use the pistol are trow and explosive its way??
i'd say trow medic packs on it ^^
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK

RDMC(2) wrote:

Coolbeano wrote:

I don't even know how this is gonna help my gameplay. I should go over to ea th and tell people to stop trying to stab tanks with knives.

edit:

RDMC(2) wrote:

Maybe if you had payed a bit of attention in the singleplayer then you would have noticed that every bot will chuck a nade at your precious tank. The nades do damage.
Just because the bots do it doesn't mean it's a good tactic. Go test it out yourself, i think at around 20 nades the first bar was split into two.
Dice /EA has programmed the bots to do it, so it must have some meaning to it. And I don't how many nades it takes to take down a tank, but a lot of those nades do some serious damage.
WRONG! EA/Dice programmed the bots to kill using the weapons they have, classification explosive or bullet, bullets dont hurt armour so they use the only explosive they have.
']['error
Banned
+630|6636|The Netherlands

Vilham wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

Coolbeano wrote:

edit:

Dice /EA has programmed the bots to do it, so it must have some meaning to it. And I don't how many nades it takes to take down a tank, but a lot of those nades do some serious damage.
WRONG! EA/Dice programmed the bots to kill using the weapons they have, classification explosive or bullet, bullets dont hurt armour so they use the only explosive they have.
maybe we should try this out in the bf2s server lol! that we spam nades on a tank on karkand with 80% of our team
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK
I know they do dmg im debating whether DICE programmed bots to be so stupid, which they didnt!
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6472|Somewhere else

Ive taken a few tanks out with grenades, if they were already heavily damaged. PLus, as an Engineer, many times I placed mines around an enemy tank that was capping a flag and shot a gun at it to get his attention to move to run over the mine.  the gun didnt hurt it, but it got him to move over the mine to get a nice little flag defend point.
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6549|Oslo, Norway
I've taken out many armors / APC's with grenades, with very low health though. But it annoys the tank driver as hell!
Recoil555
A God Amongst Men
+26|6444|UK
yeh ive killed a heli with a pkm and will always shoot a heli as for nades and tanks depends on the situation i would if i saw eryx etc hit it why not add nades it does do damage and i think its less than half bar under the tank but i play support alot so nade aint worth saving for infantry like other classes where you know 5 nade or whatever isnt enuff to do shit then no i wudnt use em but if im support why not but if im in a squad sneaking to a flag it usually just gets you killed or some else even worst so i play it by ear so i agree that in some case it does only serve to give your squad position away but in others you get lucky i think bf2 is like that very situational you do something thousand times and it will only work 100 times you just got to decide whether its worth it that time unfortunately youve only got seconds to decide so you can come off looking like a noob but why would you give a fuck if you any good youll prove to whoever called you a noob sooner or later whether it be killing 10 people in a row in front of them or kill them 10 times on the other team karma is karma ;p .
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6699|67.222.138.85
In some instances it can be useful. Example, Once I was on a roof with two other guys, a stupid tank below, and we had a a supply drop. With all of us chucking nades like no tomorrow, and the tank driver too stupid to get away, we did kill it. Also, It's a good diversionary tactic to get the tank to unpin one of your buddies, they generally start coming after you.
capt. crunch
+8|6441|that place
What's even worse is I was in a tank and people start shooting me with an ordinary gun and usually what will end up happening is a teamate will either kill them while they are not paying attention to combat. What idiots.
MrE`158
+103|6615

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Ive taken a few tanks out with grenades, if they were already heavily damaged. PLus, as an Engineer, many times I placed mines around an enemy tank that was capping a flag and shot a gun at it to get his attention to move to run over the mine.  the gun didnt hurt it, but it got him to move over the mine to get a nice little flag defend point.
Yeah, when there's a tank capping a flag and you've put mines in front and behind him, you really want him to move (and die) before he takes your flag, that's when you pull out your grenades and try and get his attention.  It's amazing how many tankers will roll over a mine just cause someone with a grenade has knocked a bar or two off his health.
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6654|Groningen, The Netherlands

Coolbeano wrote:

I don't know how many times I've seen someone chuck grenades at a Tank or an APC. They do null damage. They might, might, say, 50 of them, might, take down an APC... with a couple of bars left. And that's only because the APC is on fire anyway when it has 2 bars.

Anyone I see on my team throwing grenades at a tank is automatically added to my 'don't ride in my car' list, and is a potential for my 'page down' list.

yeah, those noobs only kill firiendly spec ops trying to do the real thing

Last edited by Gamematt (2006-09-17 08:15:59)

Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6714|Eastern PA
It's probably a holdover from BF1942 where grenades actually can successfully destroy a tank. I'm also guessing that Dice probably reused a fair bit of bot code from 1942.
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6569|Arlen, Texas
Nades sure will kill an Engineer repairing a tank. Or if a tank is smoking or on fire, chances are the driver is gonna bail, and they blow up real good, too.
voltage
+46|6832|Sweden
Actually if you can place the grenade under the threads at the front it will take 2 bars instead of 1. Try it in singleplayer.
maestrium
+13|6477|Arizona
It also raises your nade accuracy!
Sgt.Gene
+215|6756

Coolbeano wrote:

Actually, it only takes 13 grenades to destroy an APC.
e-i-u-benjamin
WoeKoeMakaLaLaLoekieWaWa
+40|6751|The Netherlands

Coolbeano wrote:

a nade does 1 stripe damage to a tank, a nade does 1.5 stripe damage to an apc
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6690

bullit wrote:

http://i8.tinypic.com/25r2o7b.jpg

nades>tank
Fucker on the road? Ahahaha.
Also, nades in Bf1942 did A LOT more damage to the tanks. Did about the same as rockets. Unless that rocket hit the back of the tank.

Last edited by PspRpg-7 (2006-09-17 09:26:47)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard