superseal17
Banned
+1|6772
I played iron gator once while on the US. I thought it looked preetty good if the mec had a base on the carrier but when i played it, IT WAS BORING. The mec got whored by the helis and anyone who came over on a boat was instantly killed by people waiting at the ladders. Isn't this map unfair on the mec and either side wont get any points except for those who get helis. Does anyone feel this or is it just me.
[R]age^B-HeKtiC^
You like that, biatch!?
+25|6821|Uk
Its the best map in the world if ur the guy that gets the helo 1st
Blankwindow
+1|6741
i have no problem getting onto the boat. you just have to not take the direct path and a littleluck. it helpsif you have a good crew in your boat too. also both sides get chopper so if your teams chopper is taking out the other and covering your ass it'snot a porblem.
schuff
Exploding Fodder
+0|6795
Agreed, I would be a much bigger fan of this map if MEC started with a point.  I get quite bored on the US side defending as post of the time no one makes it on.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6791|NRW,Germany
I absolutely agree that it is really boring as long as the MEC have no flag onboard the Essex but as soon as they are there it starts making real fun.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6864|San Francisco

I have been on winning teams on both sides of this map many times. It is pretty balanced if you ask me.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6752|Houston, TX
If you use your parachute on the north side of the boat then get down to the east side of it you can get in fairly easy. Thats how I usually get on it. You have to have a pilot that knows to drop you off there though and, not one that flys straight to the ship and gets everyone aboard killed.

As for the dock on the ship. It's alot easier to get in with an APC giving cover fire from a distance. If you do that run your APC back and forth to help dodge missles and such.

I like the level alot. I like large groups on small maps. It has more action going on.
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6760|St. Paul, MN
I don't like it because I get lost "where am i?? where am i??"
btw is there only one way onto the carrier via water?
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6791|NRW,Germany
The invasion from the northern side via chopper has a big flaw as there is a mean AA turret that hungers for bad pilots and if nobody took care of it before you try it you will either have to get out over the water or you will die inside the chopper.

The APC invasion is also difficult if the Apache pilot is not a complete moron or if your Hind pilot is very good.

Till now I´ve spent 4 rounds on US side and 4 on MEC. I´ve only lost one round as US because chopper whores were busy TKing themselves so the Hind had easy prey ontop of the carrier. Same happened once playing MEC so that was a win for us. Most of the MEC tickets usually are wasted during the initial trying to get inside the carrier.
dshak
+4|6830
The ONLY problem I have with the otherwise outstanding CQC map, is that the chopper can "repair" itself on the same deck that its usually raping. thats kind of a big advantage. also, its lame that the MEC can't jump into the Essex fixed gun. otherwise I LOVE it, nothing compares to the firefights that take place inside that ship, though I do sort of agree with the original poster that leaving only one access point for the MEC is kind of silly.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6780

Here's a small tip; Get a squad of people you know and communicate, get the squad leader in the heli and drop your people one by one on the carrier as they spawn. Take out any resistance in the area with the heli and drop your people to the safe area and get 'em to cap.
Brummie
+0|6736|Birmingham, UK
Does anyone else get really choppy gameplay once the mec are inside the ship???
Blankwindow
+1|6741
There are server wys in from air or water. (well onyl one entrence by war but several ways to use it. And with good friendly troops you can take it easily as mec or defend it. MOst maps come down to who has the better attack chopper pilot though.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6752|Houston, TX

Tigg@lot wrote:

The invasion from the northern side via chopper has a big flaw as there is a mean AA turret that hungers for bad pilots
Not for me. Since the majority of the people are at the dock side of the ship trying to take out boats. The tactic works fine for me. That's how I get on the ship everytime. The dock is a mess without cover. Just because the tactic doesn't work for you doesn't make it flawed. You must approach from the north. I will come over the deck drop my men and retreat back below the horizon of the deck before AA even sees me. My only problem is the enemy chopper. That is still rare due to my angle of attack.
erkpir
+0|6735
that´s a great map for the choppers, but it should have another way to get in the carrier, but i think that´s some way, because sometimes when i play in the US, and we are all waiting for the MEC  at the entrance, some MEC soldiers apear inside the carrier on the other side and they didn´t come from the air either

it´s terrible for the commander, not only it doesn´t have the artilhary, but the supply can only help the people on the top, so the commander job got´s limitated to send the UAV...
Clayton_Bigsby
Dumptruck
+6|6837|ATX
I don't think I have ever played Iron Gator when the MEC didn't at least capture one base fairly early in the round...
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6744|Germany

A tip to take out the AA:
Take the APC and drive down to the water and stop when you can hardly see the gun. Start to fire at it with your gun. When you see a name and the damagecross, then fire a missile and kill the guy with one shot.
Turtle
+7|6774|Boulder, CO
Mec really have to make the first push. If all the mec team has shitty computers, they're pretty much screwed. The only way to get on the boat after it is already defended is to get a squad leader or two in the transport chopper and keep dropping guys down and trying to get into the hangar bay. It is unbalanced, badly. The neutral flag on the ship should be mec instead of neutral. I have won as mec a few rounds on this map but only if you get a flag right off the bat. If I'm mec on this map the first thing I do is grab a jet ski and go as fast as possible to the first floor engine room. You can actually beat the USA spawning in the other side of the first floor. Please, DO THIS! It seems everytime I play mec, I'm the only one that rushes the neutral flag for some reason. Everyone always gets lost and tries to take a US flag... bad idea. You have to get a foothold on the carrier or you're screwed.
YitEarp
+1|6742
if MEC gets camped in the boat bay, only solution is to chopper drop onto the carrier deck or your screwed.
Boogie
+1|6763
As someone said ealier it comes down to who has the better chopper pilots and if the USA lose the flightdeck and the MEC have both helos and the ability to repair and rearm.  It makes for a very frustrating map.
Fahrenheit
+0|6795
Not fair being MEC? u gotta be kidding!! i just played and got killed evert time i spawned as USA (well most times lol) cos of MEC slicks hovering near respawn places...even at the ass end of the boat where MEC forces can float in below the flight deck...whats annoying is u dont know whether the flags are above of below if ur new to the game...a simple solution would be an arrow indicating either....and none if ur on the right level....(memory of a goldfish).....hahahahah
US_JackHammer
+1|6743
I forget who i was playing with now.. Anyway.. this guy was an awesome Chopper pilot.
We started on the aircraft carrier, and i managed to jump in as gunner before he took off, we went blowing up boats galore.. but they managed to get a chopper drop and they claimed the back hanger bay.. where the lift (elevator) is. So he flys right inside the hangar through the tiny hole.. and the dumb mec kept spawning back there and we were hovering inside the boat just wiping them all out, you know.. had to stop shooting for a little bit to let there medics revive.. then back to killing got so many points that round hehe
chickenmuncher
+2|6767| U.S.A.
A good tactic is getin the helicopter on the carrier and flying a squad lead behind enemy lines, then you have 5 people spwan on him. A quick squad was fomed in an important area

Last edited by chickenmuncher (2005-12-06 20:34:03)

ShatteredSoldier
+0|6755
Depends how balanced the skill is. If the USNS have all the skilled players, then they are gonna win arent they? Plus it is shit how the MEC can't get in the AA guns, but it helps balance it really.. The MEC have more choppers than the Americans. Though only one is an Attack helicopter the Air Cow can do some major damage with the Miniguns, just like the BH. I personally think that this and Warlord are the two best maps in the game. Great firefights, if not somewhat annoying due to the number of hiding spots, and the fact that the deck can be very hard to take. Best game I had was when I was MEC support, its good to have those teargas grenades they can help substantially in those confined spaces.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard