bobby177
+129|6493|Texas.. getting out asap
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6483|cuntshitlake

What's the point?? that wasn't even fun.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6639|Mhz

Another classic post poking fun at 2 groups of people who dont share a view on life with yourself... this is gonna be so popular here...
DUnlimited
+1,160|6483|cuntshitlake

Not here. somewhere else it might become popular...
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6729|austria
https://www.myblog.fr/images/articles/img_1604_6518_1.jpg

vs

https://radiostudio.ru/images/159251543746b.jpg

yes... sure... almost the same -.-

Last edited by TeK||drake666 (2006-09-16 10:33:15)

https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6639|Mhz

do i really need to add /sarcasm tags to all my non-serious posts?
bobby177
mainstream what...
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6564|Sverige (SWE)
mmmm don't know......
bobby177
DRAKE.... Slipknot is nu-metal..... FAR from black metal.

I hate kids thinking their favorite harcore/metalcore/nu metal/emocore/mallcore is real metal

Here are some real black metal bands...

• 1349 - Beyond the Apocalypse
  • Abigor - Nacthymnen
  • Absurd - Asgardsrei, Facta Loquuntur
  • Alghazanth - Thy Aeons Envenomed Sanity
  • Anorexia Nervosa - any
  • Archgoat - Angel****, Tales Of Desecration
  • Astriaal – Summoning the Essence of Ancient Wisdom
  • Azrael - Into Shadows Act I: Denial
  • Bathory - Blood Fire Death, Under the Sign
  • Bestial Summoning - The Dark War Has Begun
  • Bishop of Hexen - Archive of an Enchanted Philosophy
  • Black Funeral - Vampyr, Throne Of The Beast
  • Black Witchery - Upheavel of Satanic Might
  • Burzum - s/t, Aske, Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, Filosofem
  • Catamenia – Chaosborn
  • Dark Funeral – Secret of the Black Arts, Diabolis Interium
  • Darkthrone – Transilvanian Hunger*, Under a Funeral Moon, Panzerfraust, A Blaze in the Northern Sky*
  • Darkthule - Beyond Endless Horizons
  • Dimmu Borgir – Stormblast, Enthroned Darkness Triumphant
  • Dissection - Storm of the Lights Bane
  • Kataxu - Roots Thunder
  • Kristallnacht - Of Elitism and War, The Funeral Years
  • Limbonic Art – The Ultimate Death Worship
  • Lord Belial
  • Marduk – Panzer Division Marduk
  • Mayhem - any
  • Melechesh - Sphynx
  • Mörk Gryning – Tusen ar har gatt
  • Mortuary Drape - Secret Sudaria
  • Odal - Wilde Kraft
  • Paragon Belial - Hordes Of The Darkland
  • Ragnarok - Blackdoor

And the list goes on...

Now to explain why slipknot is NOT black metal

Here are some characteristics of Black Metal, taken from wikipedia and other various websites

wrote:

* Lyrics that take the form of Satanic, Pagan, or occult themes which blaspheme Christianity.

* Lyrics that celebrate the cold, darkness, forests, and other natural surroundings of northern European countries, reflecting modern black metal's origins in Scandinavia.

* Increasingly lyrics are being penned with themes of war, misanthropy, and desolation, sometimes apocalytic, whose causes are rooted in human nature and actions.

* Relatively thin guitar sound or relatively thick guitar sound—usually not in the middle.

* Limited production used intentionally as a statement against mainstream music and/or to reflect the mood of the music by creating a certain atmosphere. This 'underproduced' effect is often achieved by cutting out low and high frequencies, leaving just the mid frequency range. It is often said that this was due to a low budget, but this often wasn't the case. This production style is often considered an essential element of "true" black metal.

* Fast, repetitive, aggressive drums, often with blast beats. At other times, the drums can take a slower role usually accompanied by a very dry and empty tone—especially for the effect of the atmosphere of the music. On occasion, some groups such as Burzum and Xasthur will dispense with drums altogether in certain song segments.

* A distinct "rasped" vocal style, a very guttural rasp, which is reminiscent of a torture. This is basically standard in every black metal, though there are exceptions, such as Primordial, who are still classed black metal without the rasp vocal. Some bands, particularly symphonic black metal bands, incorporate clean vocals, usually of a male choir sound, though this is used for atmospheric purposes.

* Cold, dark, sad, melancholy, reflective, tragic, meditative, or gloomy atmosphere.

* Unconventional song structures that are devoid of verse and chorus segments, and contain extended and repetitive instrumental passages, with less use of vocals than other styles of metal.

* Less focus on dynamic rhythm than death metal. Very few black metal bands exhibit the rhythmic complexity inherent in death metal, and even if they do, they usually exhibit at least a few of the above-listed criteria if they are still generally classified as black metal.

* Many black metal musicians adopt a "neo-medieval" costume style that may include leather, spikes, bondage gear, archaic armor and weaponry, and facial corpse paint.

* Many black metal musicians choose to adopt stage names, typically patterned after occult and/or fantasy characters; however, this practice is not universal.
Clearly, Slipknot exhibits almost none of those qualities... which guess what... makes them NOT BLACK METAL

An example of real metal
Not much of a black metal selection on Google Video / Youtube so this is all I can get
[google]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8369956111082655856&q=dimmu+borgir[/google]

Dont know why the second video wont work... but its Naglfar

Last edited by bobby177 (2006-09-16 11:22:49)

^AgentHawk
Clear! You're good to go!
+17|6505|"Near Det.", MI
I like the chick...thats about it.
BMW330i
Banned
+20|6482|Montreal, Canada
Goth emo fags should all be sent to an island where they can congregate and kill eachother off with their meloncholic manic-depressive fuckwit twisted view of reality.

Natural selection at its best.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6639|Mhz

ammusing how u lump goth and emo together despite the fact they generally hate each other and are nothing alike
bobby177

BMW330i wrote:

Goth emo fags should all be sent to an island where they can congregate and kill eachother off with their meloncholic manic-depressive fuckwit twisted view of reality.

I REALLY hope you didnt direct that comment at black metal
Because black metal isnt all that melancholic, its about eating babies and burning christians
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6591

Ignorance ftw.
']['error
Banned
+630|6663|The Netherlands

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

do i really need to add /sarcasm tags to all my non-serious posts?
i dont see the difrence
PitViper401
The Magnetic Bullet Attractor
+31|6718|Illinois
Dimmu Borgir FTW!

and since when are goths and emos the same?

sure I hate them both, but they're not the same.

And you definitely better have not been calling black metal fans goth, because we will hunt your ass down and eviscerate you.
BMW330i
Banned

bobby177 wrote:

BMW330i wrote:

I REALLY hope you didnt direct that comment at black metal
Because black metal isnt all that melancholic, its about eating babies and burning christians
Even worse. Go out and do something more productive with your lives than sounding like adult children. Shut the fuck up... nobody cares how LOUD you are you attention seeking whores. Too ugly and too poor to get attention any normal way so you try to stand out through shock-value.

Pathetic dorks. That's the result of mommy dressing you to go to school tilll college and your hottest date on Saturday's consisting of AA batteries.

This little diddy is directed at goth, deathmetal, emo.... same shit. All crying and whining in their little way. The world is NOT out to get you. The world is NOT as evil as it could be. You haven't seen the worst of it. Try getting your little kid blown up by a 500 kiloton bomb try that for size. Don black for that. Wake up.

Last edited by BMW330i (2006-09-16 12:34:33)

PitViper401
+31|6718|Illinois
um ... you sir are a grade-A dumbass, deathmetal lyrics are totally different than goth and emo music.  I agree that goth and emo is all about "oh I'm not loved, oh I'm so depressed, I'm going to kill myself".  Black metal tends to have a satirical side to it, so if you'd actually listen to it, you'd understand the difference.

plus it sounds a hell of a lot better too :-)
BMW330i
Banned

PitViper401 wrote:

um ... you sir are a grade-A dumbass, deathmetal lyrics are totally different than goth and emo music.  I agree that goth and emo is all about "oh I'm not loved, oh I'm so depressed, I'm going to kill myself".  Black metal tends to have a satirical side to it, so if you'd actually listen to it, you'd understand the difference.

plus it sounds a hell of a lot better too :-)
Ok I concede death metal is the better of the three. You're right. But it still sounds like a bunch of fucking noise to me.

Last edited by BMW330i (2006-09-16 12:35:32)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6639|Mhz

Well, Dimmu Borgir (the video posted above was by them) is one of my most listened to groups, I listen to them and many other black metal, metal, rock groups, classical and some other crap too. I dont wear black, I'm not depressed (tbh im usually overly happy) i dont cut myself, i dont hate life, I certainly dont feel the need to seek attention... so why on earth do you insist on making the generalization that everyone who listens to a certain type of music lives there life a certain way?

Thats like saying everyone who has listened to Elton John is gay, or everyone who likes The Darkness wears spandex jump suits. ur arguments are flawed at best an for the much part have no relation to reality... if your going to make statements about people at least have the decency to know who and what your talkin about.

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2006-09-16 12:49:16)

PitViper401
+31|6718|Illinois
I know all to many goths and emos, and based on personal experience, not stereotypes, I arrived at both of my opinions.  I know not everyone is like that, but from what I have seen around, I'm right 95% of the time.
bobby177
Well took me a little while to type this so it is out of place but it was meant in response to BMW's first post.

In short, what TheEternalPessimist said

wrote:

Even worse. Go out and do something more productive with your lives than sounding like adult children.
Yes.... we do nothing productive with our lives because we like black metal

a wrote:

Shut the fuck up... nobody cares how LOUD you are you attention seeking whores. Too ugly and too poor to get attention any normal way so you try to stand out through shock-value.
I can prove you wrong with a self example. I listen to death/black/folk/etc metal. So I am an attention whore who just listens to that as a way to get people to notice me right? Wrong. We listen to the music because we like it. Not because we are emo fags who qq. I do not own 1 black shirt, I do not dress or act any differently than an average person would.
Actually i fucking hate the kind of people that you just described. Those people are not the metalheads... They are the 14 year olds who listen to bands like Slipknot and Disturbed and cover themselves with fake plastic spikes and think they are hardcore because they wear black shirts.

a wrote:

Pathetic dorks. That's the result of mommy dressing you to go to school tilll college and your hottest date on Saturday's consisting of AA batteries.
Please explain the correlation between liking a genre of music and being a loser who is dependent on their mother is.

a wrote:

This little diddy is directed at goth, deathmetal, emo.... [b]same shit[/bt. All crying and whining in their little way.
Trying to compare death metal to emo is like trying to compare rap to golden oldies

Sounds to me like you have a hard time differentiating between the artists and their listeners

Last edited by bobby177 (2006-09-16 12:47:52)

bobby177

wrote:

Ok I concede death metal is the better of the three. You're right. But it still sounds like a bunch of fucking noise to me.
Well, i fail at metaphors but you will get the point. Trying to go from listening to mainstream music to black metal is like a high school athlete trying to skip college and play in the NFL.
In a way, you have to learn to listen to it, just like how the high school athlete has to gain more experience in the game.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6664|Ohio
but im sure there are types of music that sound similar, yet dont contain the things in black metal that make it the same as "goth" or "emo" to some people, such as hatred toward groups of people, and violent imagery.

i think thats what their trying to say.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6483|cuntshitlake

Black metal was "invented" in Norway in late 80s and early 90s, and it was pretty much about hating all christian related things. The Blackmetallers soon started to terrorize things they hated and they burned many churches and murdered people. For example the Burzum founder (and only band member) Varg Vikernes burned at least one church and stabbed his "college" Euronymous who was the owner of the Deathlike Silence studios in the same town. He just got out from the jail few years ago and hasn't been in news for a while.

In early 90s the Black metal spread into other countries. Firstly to Sweden and Finland but the Swedish and Finnish blackmetallers weren't as "crazy" as the Norwegian ones so they got angry mails, even death threatenings from Norwegians, just because they didn't do any terror.

Nowadays the non-Norwegian black metal bands such as Children Of Bodom (fin) and Cradle Of Filth (GB) are very popular and not as christian-hating as the old Norwegians. Many "Old-school" Norwegian Black metal bands (such as Dimmu Borgir and Satyricon still exist and release their hateful albums.

And really, SlipKnot might be a good band but it has absolutely nothing to do with black metal!

I made this post just becouse I want you to know something about the history of black metal. (about which the GREAT post of bobby177 didn't tell much)

Everything in this post is taken from my memory so there might be mistakes, please correct if needed.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2006-09-16 13:15:53)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard