THE RUSKIE
+19|6468|UK but from Russia(StP)
Well guys i just wanted to share the mystery of my SF game disc: i have a huge crack all the way down the middle of my SF game disc, just enough for it not to snap. And it works like nothing is wrong with it. Is this normal, is it the 8th wonder of the world lol?
Has anyone else have this mystery???
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6811

When I first read this I thought it was this kind of huge crack

https://203.26.51.178/cracker/58217_2.jpg

and as for the crack... if the crack didn't destroy any of the data on the disc then duh, it would still read.
you know, a hairline fracture that doesn't really damage anything... a clean cut if you would
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6569|Sverige (SWE)
lol
gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6747|England
This post really cracked me up
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6548|Little blue planet, milky way
You Crackers !
THE RUSKIE
lol nicccee......i knew that was gona happen
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6674|Washington DC

THE RUSKIE wrote:

Well guys i just wanted to share the mystery of my SF game disc: i have a huge crack all the way down the middle of my SF game disc, just enough for it not to snap. And it works like nothing is wrong with it. Is this normal, is it the 8th wonder of the world lol?
For the life of me, I can't find another thread that discussed this ... here's my recollection of the discussion:

a)  Several people said that they experienced cracks in their BF2 disks.
b)  Most of them said things like "I was gentle with it" and "I only inserted it a few times" while others admitted a few hundred insertions into their computer/storage case.
c)  This seems to be a problem with the disks distributed in Europe/Asia.  Disks distributed in America were not having the problem.
d)  If you contact EA, they will send you a new disk for a small charge.

Hope this helps

Now, where did I put that thread ...
THE RUSKIE
Cheers, so how do i contact EA and how much?
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6660|South Jersey

THE RUSKIE wrote:

Cheers, so how do i contact EA and how much?
Call them, their phone number(s) are in the back of your booklet you received with the game.
JaggedPanther
+61|6498
teach you to buy from the insides of a longcoat jacket
THE RUSKIE
lol
dknessfalls
+9|6469|Corona, California
i had something similar, just not as big. i let my friend borrow my boot disc cuz he lost his, and he ended up scratching the sticker on top and whenever i needed to reinstall sf, it would not work cuz the cd had no "data" cuz the sticker contains the mirror image etc....so i was able to finally install sf by making my friend get into bf2 and buying all the expansion packs, then i just made a copy of his boot cd of sf...scratched cd will boot, but will not go any farther, thats where the copy kicks in
THE RUSKIE
Not till monday they dont work on a sat!!!
DaFORCE
+1|6460|@Galaxy Far..Far..Away
I got 2 huge cracks on disc 3 of bf vietnam, was like that when i purchased it as a trade in from my local game shop, However i never had any probs with it lol, yeh its funny how it works fine and yet a small scratch on a music cd can sometimes make certain tracks bunny hop like theres no tomorrow.

Maybe these bf discs are somehow battle hardened tuff little grunts.

RespeC......keep it real.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6571|Doncaster, UK
I seem to remember the issue being with the type of DVD case BF2 comes in. I think the clip which holds the disc in catches on the gap between the two layers of the disc when taking it out and can cause it to crack. I know one of my Futurama discs has a similar crack at the centre but it plays fine.

I'd say when you get your new disc either be very careful when getting it in and out of the case, or just leave it permanently in the PC.
DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6682|Birmingham

THE RUSKIE wrote:

i have the same thing as well!!! strange huh?!
DaFORCE
+1|6460|@Galaxy Far..Far..Away
yeh it is quite strange how some discs can carry on working fine and others dont, Doc has a good point, it may be to do with the "clip" and putting the disc in and out of your cd case.

With bf vietnam you get 3 discs and 2 of them come in slip cases that live in the booklet section of the case, incescent disc swapping cud quite easily fracture them.

Dont let a little or Big Crack Stop you Playing BF!!!

RespeC....Keep it real.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6764|Comber, Northern Ireland
https://img172.imageshack.us/img172/6420/ftaqf4.jpg
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6768|Reality
No self-portraits PLEASE!!
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6582|Oslo, Norway
https://diaetbutikken.dk/images/Crackers%206+3%20Pack.jpg

Crackers, anyone?
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6680|Cambridge, England
i stepped on someones GTA 3 disk and it snaped in half and broke...
Toonces7
+11|6599|Iowa
plumber crack
I_SUCK_999
2 old & slow to pwnd U
+5|6472|Alice Springs
best way to avoid damaging your disks is to make an image with alcohol120% after installing the game - load the image when u want to play. simple & it works.

BUT - BUY THE GAME FIRST - then make image. PIRATES deserve to be HUNG, DRAWN & QUARTERED.
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6680
My name is Phil...Phil McCracken.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6811|Bulgaria
Zdrastvui, Russian guy
Better make a copy of your SF disk before it's too late!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard