-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6668|England
i was in range of the carrier when i see a blackhawk, i fly straight at it because i feel like being a ramming noob. To my disbelief i hit the blackhawk side on and no lie, i flew through the door opening and survived. The Blackhawk blew a second later.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6684
cookie?
-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6668|England
Nah, i got enough satisfaction from not blowing up
jsnipy
+3,276|6557|...

screens?
-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6668|England
No
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6741|67.222.138.85

jsnipy wrote:

screens?
How the hell would you get a screen of that.

What were you flying?
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6684
well, OT, it sounds cool. ill have to try this later.
-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6668|England
J10 ftw
greenhaven
+47|6500
Probably something to do with lag.
CITYHUNT3R
+15|6502|Winnipeg
I'm going to go and try that now.
jamriche
+0|6505
That sounds hard to believe, but still very cool.
vanmani
Unintentionally Verbose
+26|6626|Australia
Plausible if you're going very fast. Collision detection is only done periodically, i.e. the server will check if two entities would have collided at every opportunity, which might be say... 10 times a second, or more, or less, depending on lots of variables. If you're going fast, and hit the gap in the collision detection, you can go straight through something and be all the way out the other side before the next collision update. Throw in the completely weird server/client collision model that BF2 uses and you've got some pretty unpredictable results.

This is the same reason why shooting a rocket at a buggy that is driving straight at you often goes straight through. The combined speed of rocket and buggy means the collision is never detected, 'cos a collision update doesn't have time to happen during the intersection of the two objects.
RD_The_Dog
+87|6571
Similar to flying a Cobra BANG into a lamp post.  No health gets lost, you just stop suddenly.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard