Flasheart88
+0|6786|Brisbane
Ok, sorry if this has already been brought up - I searched but didn't find anything directly on topic.

Not so much a complaint, rather a question, so I'll put in this section.

Playing on Wake Island, and we were owning. In fact, we were pwning. A crack squad of six guys flying around, dropping mines and 'nades and firey minigun death on all those puny PLA runts, but after a couple of rounds, we started having trouble repairing the Blackhawk. What was wierd was that for the first few rounds of this, we had no trouble having one engineer, or two people repairing it simultaneously, but after a while the game started preventing us from doing so. I thought it might be a patch-related issue to have two engineers repairing at the same time, but we started having the same problem even with just one engineer.

And no, it wasn't that we weren't aiming the repair reticule properly - we'd put it on the 'Hawk, and it would start and stop repairing intermittently, even when at 30-40 percent health.

Anyone experience this? Anyone know why?

Still, it was fun while it lasted - first time I'd ever Blackwhored, and I'll admit it is a fabulous way to clean up, as long as you've cut them off from their airfield first, of course
CackNBallz
+45|6769|Toronto, Canada
I've experienced it once or twice.  I don't even get the repairing sound unless I am pointing my wrench OUT of the repair area.  If I put it in the repair area, it repairs but there is no sound which leads to the intermittent repairing as I am moving the reticule around trying to get the sound again.  I gave up and just did some silent repairing after that.
snipen_u
+0|6750
thats happened to me sometimes, i just kinda move my mouse around and switch seats in the chopper that works most of the time for me.
wendigo
+0|6758|San Rafael, CA
Does the reticle have to actually be on the chopper frame to repair?  Do y'all just look straight up or what?
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6866
its meant to stop blackhawk whores..
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6855|Grapevine, TX
I'm an Engie bout 50% of all time played, and I have seen all of those different responses "repairing" while in flight. Different seats and no sound do not matter, as long as you see that your doing your task, and the BH health meter is going up or at least maintaining until you get to safer airspace.

As for the original post, don't know about that situation, sounds like a one time thing, but please let me know if you or anyone else knows this is happening.

-(PK)-DarkIllusion wrote:

its meant to stop blackhawk whores..
What are you talking about? Sounds like a you didn't really have any thought into what you are saying?
rgp58
Ti Faccio un Culo Cosi
+0|6773|San Carlos, CA
I experienced that same thing while being an engineer on a BH in Mashtuur City.  I just pointed the reticle up towards the ceiling of the BH and it repaired at normal speed.  When I pointed the repair reticle down, the repairing was here and there, even though the health meter on the BH was down.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6800|Noizyland

Um, maybe you ran out of "Wrench Ammo" - you know that bar that runs down when you repair. This normally leads to just slower repairing, but... who knows.
Better explination then you've been giving. Why would EA make Engineers stop repairing after a certain amount of time? It's their bloody job!
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
wendigo
+0|6758|San Rafael, CA

Tyferra wrote:

Better explination then you've been giving. Why would EA make Engineers stop repairing after a certain amount of time? It's their bloody job!
My guess is it's some sort of ham-handed attempt at stopping stats padding.  As usual, it mostly affects the people just trying to play their role.
ShakaZuluKhan
+0|6744|Chicago
Had that problem myself a few days ago, riding as an engineer in a BH over Mashtuur City, it would only intermittenly repair, despite the fact that I had full 'wrench ammo' and the bird had lost half its HP..
Titanium Shadow
Silent Justice
+0|6765|Chicago
Ya same here I will be engie on ghost town and the same thing goes. I just hold the button down and move it around til I see the health thingy show up...then it says u got 1 repair point.

Last edited by Titanium Shadow (2005-12-05 12:25:11)

Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6746
I think it was worse before 1.2. That bug annoyed the hell out of me in my blackhawk whoring days
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6797|Atlanta, GA USA
I think it is a glitch; it does not happen consistently enough to be something added to prevent padding.  It has happened to me a few times.  I can't think when it started happening, but it was a while ago.  It just seems that sometimes you can't get the repair function to work no matter where you put the wrench.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard