Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6726|67.222.138.85
Looking  at Logitech's most recent mouse, what the heck are they doing?

I'm a big fan of the MX518, aboslutely love everything about it, and was looking at getting a G5. But wait, losing a button? Why? Works great on the 518, why take out features of previous mice? So now I get 400 more dpi max, but lose a side button ( and I believe the knuckle button too), and you want another $50? No thanks.

Then I look at their new mouse. What the heck? Now they completely screwed over the buttong on the mouse, and didn't really add anything exceptional. If things ccontinue they way they are, I may get a Razr mouse when I can no longer find MX518 replacements, at least for gaming.
HW--CHOPPER
+22|6698
it will be no good for me i have a big hand

i have the g7 and i dont its worth what i payed for it for some reason the battery only last  1 full day
of gameing
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6704|Espoo, Finland
I'm with you Maniac. I was getting a replacement for my MX500 and would have bought the G5 if it had the same buttons MX518 has (which I then bought).

I don't know what it is with logitech, theyre screwing theyre product even worse than DICE!
TwistedX
Aviator
+26|6813|Oklahoma
Look like more of a business mouse to me
Riddick51PB
+21|6527|Lincoln.ne.us
the MX500 is an excellent mouse, and LT upgraded the laser engine in the LT500.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6755|Salt Lake City

I'm not that into the laser or wirless mouse crowd.  I just bought an MX518 to replace my MX500.  I like the ability to change dpi on the fly.  I won't give up my 518 any time in the near future!
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6666
i replaced my mx510 with the g5 and I'm happy with it. honestly i do not miss any buttons, since i'm a keyboard whore anyway
jaymz9350
+54|6596

TwistedX wrote:

exactly that's not a gaming mouse. if you reas up about it they always mention it's abilitys in apps such as office an ps.
SuB
+50|6695
i have a g5, and tbh that thing looks nice... for gaming it removes the "thumb catching the surface" scenario.. but apart from the second scroll wheel which would annoy the fuck out of me i can't see an improvement..
still getting a g5 for my macbook pro
and someone on that site said it's only 800dpi.. i like my changeability sniper and haxor speed on the fly

Last edited by SuB (2006-09-10 15:56:51)

VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6692|A sunburnt country
I bought the G5 on the weekend and I think it is great.  Losing a button didn't effect me for gaming but I do miss it for surfing the net.  Also the scroll button is a little difficult to get used to, it's a lot harder to "click"

So for me, I think the G5 is fantastic and worth the money.
Maj.Do
+85|6771|good old CA
hmmm that looks a bit strange for a mouse.
jsnipy
+3,276|6541|...

TwistedX wrote:

No, this is more like a business mouse ,,,
https://photos.dtpbylee.com/albums/ConcerningMe/mouse_man.thumb.gif
J3ST3R
+59|6532|Vancouver, Canada
I got a razer copperhead, I like it way more than my friends G5
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6824|Portland, OR, USA

I have a G5 and I literally have never used the side button. lol  I too thought I'd hate it, but instead I've gone to using side-click on the scroll wheel for back/forward and for ingame. Unlike other mice, it's really easy to push and use the scrollwheel sideways.

Infact, I really do prefer it this way because I don't have to move my thumb. I even find myself trying to do it on other mice.

HW--CHOPPER wrote:

i have the g7 and i dont its worth what i payed for it for some reason the battery only last  1 full day
of gameing
It's a small battery to keep the weight down and the laser / high update rate pulls a lotta juice. That's the whole reason I got a G5 instead.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6738|Las Vegas
lotta people bitch about the weight of the MX1000 but I can get a week and a half on a full charge.....
sixshot
Decepticon Geek
+50|6694|Planet Seibertron ;)

VspyVspy wrote:

I bought the G5 on the weekend and I think it is great.  Losing a button didn't effect me for gaming but I do miss it for surfing the net.  Also the scroll button is a little difficult to get used to, it's a lot harder to "click"

So for me, I think the G5 is fantastic and worth the money.

Viper007Bond wrote:

I have a G5 (...) but instead I've gone to using side-click on the scroll wheel for back/forward and for ingame. Unlike other mice, it's really easy to push and use the scrollwheel sideways.
The above quotes are related to make a point.  Since the SetPoint software lets us reassign various buttons to different configurations, we can always set the buttons to however we like it.  Like Viper, I've reassigned my sidescroll to just the middle button and I've a special configuration for the Thumb Button.  The wheel click is difficult to use... and it is one of the little quirks of the mouse.  But overall it's a nice mouse, handy, and is wired.  We've no worries for batteries and I do not see why you absolutely need a wireless mouse for gaming given the kind of scenerios you're going to face.  It's good for some things but at the same time it's also bad.

I've been using this G5 of mine for months and so far it's been fluid and has yet to exhibit any kind of odd behavior on me.  Switching resolution on the fly is also handy for precision window resizing or for turning your tank into a heavy ROFL-copter.  Sure there are alternatives... but as others mentioned, there are reasons why the features on a particular new mouse is like that... Their new MX mice mentioned are not geared toward gamers.  They're for those who had to scroll through lengthy documents and is likely to be used in various office or non-3D desktop applications.

While the new mouse appears to be slick looking, it's definitely not within my level of taste.  And given the kind of features it has, you can be sure that you won't find a wired version of either mice for months on end.
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6527|Bournemouth, South England
I use Razer DiamondBack Chameleon, looks, handles, feels, and smells like a dream.
Dieselboy
Flicker of beans since 1986
+87|6569|Reading, Basingrad
I use a Fatal1ty 1010 mouse........wouldn't use anything else.

Last edited by Dieselboy (2006-09-11 03:18:32)

Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6599|England
Best gaming mouse ever = mx510

then the mx518

no idea which iam going for next maybe a razer .
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

I love my G5. I wish they made a leftie version though.
https://tampastorm.smugmug.com/photos/92409432-S.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
jsnipy
+3,276|6541|...

It seems like to a point there is only so much that can be done a mouse.
jsnipy
+3,276|6541|...

Kmarion wrote:

I love my G5. I wish they made a leftie version though.
http://tampastorm.smugmug.com/photos/92409432-S.jpg
How do you play on that tiny pad?
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6702|England and damn proud

Dieselboy wrote:

I use a Fatal1ty 1010 mouse........wouldn't use anything else.
That is the ugliest mouse i think i have ever seen...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

jsnipy wrote:

It seems like to a point there is only so much that can be done a mouse.
2000 dpi
I had a fiber type pad that is supposed to be designed for mice of that type but laser ones seem to do better on harder surfaces.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-09-11 03:39:42)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Souljah
+42|6686

ShotYourSix wrote:

lotta people bitch about the weight of the MX1000 but I can get a week and a half on a full charge.....
dam right. mx1000 FTW!!!  i mean wireless, laser, 10 buttons, what more could you want?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard