Go-Devil
Does a wild bear crap in the woods, son ????
+3|6491
I love sniping since i first played call of duty several years ago....
what i've allways missed is an option to RANGE your scopes....

meaning, add more bullet-drop to sniper rifles, but enable ranging your scopes, by example while camping near a flag, you lie down, check distance to the flag, set your rifle and then your ready....

snipers shouldnt show up with name and stuff when lying down....

enhance ghillie suit to lighter grass-shades... (right now its too dark....)

people should drop down when they get hit ( by snipers, but also by other powerfull guns....)

maybe add Zoom-function, or stronger magnification...
i just feel tht 200m + shots are frikkin hard.....

give snipers climbing abbilities....
let them have ability to climb trees, low buildings, steep rocks and stuff

this is just what i allways wanted to say, hope you understand how i feel about things
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6682|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
nice ideas, ive always wanted to range my scopes, but the part where someone drops when the gwet hit seems a little advanced, and it would probably be annoying to be falling down after you get shot once, and have no escape.
TheGiantSE
+14|6513|Sweden
Sniper is a lot of fun to play and I agree with some things you say.

I would like to be able to measure the distance to you target and change your scope...have different zoom.
The way it is now you have to aim above the target instead of changing the scope... but now it take more skill to make a 300m kill and then it's a lot of fun.

But if the sniper kit is changed the other kits should be to so I kind of like it the way it is. But the suit should be different for different maps. Light grass light suit, dark map dark suit...
Longbow
+163|6689|Odessa, Ukraine
I agree with ranging scopes , but all other stuff you are talking aboit is way too unbalanced .
Go-Devil
+3|6491
ranging scope aint an advantage, they shud also increase bullet drop so tht ranging becomes necessary, therefore 300m kills are just as hard as they are now....

this way the skills needed will be much more... maybe increase dammage by sniperrifles to 1 shot 1 kill, except for foot-shots and stuff......
SteikeTa
+153|6790|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
YES!!! Finally another sniper thread. Have been such a long time since anyone made a sniper thread now..... fantastic
*=SAS=*DaRkAcE
+3|6524
You guys do know that the marines have to shoot 500m with an m16 to pass. And most of them graduate as sharpshooters.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6531|Gogledd Cymru

*=SAS=*DaRkAcE wrote:

You guys do know that the marines have to shoot 500m with an m16 to pass. And most of them graduate as sharpshooters.
Fuck de whooping do
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6505|cuntshitlake

TheGiantSE wrote:

But the suit should be different for different maps. Light grass light suit, dark map dark suit...
Well THAT is the thing that annoys me most in sniper kit. the suit sucks in day maps. snipers are easier to spot in +100m distances than normal soldiers 'cos the suit is so goddamn dark.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2006-09-03 11:05:20)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6663|London, England
It's fairly easy as it is, this can't be done without tweaking other kits to make things balanced.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6505|cuntshitlake

*=SAS=*DaRkAcE wrote:

If teh weapons in bf2 would be as accurate they really are, it would SUCK.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
dilun
baa. RAM YOU!
+10|6555|Singapore
i want a laser rangefinder, right click to zoom, center crosshair on target and left click to determine range to target. easy does it.
BandoIruka
+1|6536
BF2 is too fast paced for the patience that RL professional sniping requires. You have to shoot on the go.

Yes, the ghilie suit does suck, so use your surroundings to help blend in abit better and stop sniping in places that are obvious or make you stand out.

A rangefinder might be nice. Its better than taking up one of the 8 squadleader slots and using the waypoint icons to find out range of targets. But separate from the rifle? too troublesome.
Go-Devil
+3|6491
i also think the ranges displayed on flags are BS, most maps only have 500m effective sight....

so, i dont know about the marine trainings, but you shouldnt compare them with the games, the sniper - m16 rifle accuracy is about the same as in Rl (i would say...)

i also agree bf2 is too fast paced, for split second kills one shouldnt range, just shoot on feeling ...

but for long range camping, by flags or exit-points, it would be neat to range snipers....
BandoIruka
+1|6536
They should make it that when you headshot someone with the rifle, you get 2 points for the kill +1 for the headshot. Make it that a headshot kill unrevivable, it might give incentive for sniping to be taken more seriously. At least SF got the right idea.

A whole squad of damned medic whores is something you can forget about stopping.

Last edited by BandoIruka (2006-09-11 23:01:34)

Go-Devil
+3|6491
nice one, i cant imagine u can heal a hole in your head with shock paddles......
masterHouse
Official Heckler & Koch ambassador
+8|6759|Veenendaal, The Netherlands
I agree with you guys, a instand death if you make a headshot and the whole idea of Go-Devil, very nice thoughts.
HCSkorpio
Hind Secks
+8|6579|California
Sniping in Battlefield 2 is ok...it improved my sniping from Delta Force series where one shot is one kill usually.

I think you should get bonus points depending on distance of your target.  They did that in Delta Force: BHD

Also when you stand up and shoot..it would be a lot harder cause the scope constantly moves around like in Farcry.
midnitebassist
Countersniper
+11|6571|here
I agree with the headshot thing.  A .50 to the face shouldn't be revivable by shocking the chest.  Then again, neither should a .50 cal to the chest.

I also say that the M95 should be able to destroy UAV/Sat Scans after a clip or two.  Should be able to disable humvees/vodnik/chinese mobile.  Anything less than a tank should be able to be disabled by the .50 cal, IMO.  But again...that would make the sniper class unbalanced.  -.-

Last edited by midnitebassist (2006-09-13 10:13:33)

Go-Devil
+3|6491
In RL a shot from a m95 can easily pierce a motorblock, thus rendering EVEN a jeep useless with 1 shot.....
BornToKill67
It's a good day to die
+18|6702|Canada Eh?
Very nice improvements Go-Devil. I would love to see everything listed... but the only problem is the fact that the other 98% of the BF2 community would say something like " OMG WTF SNIPERS ARENT SUPPOSE TO BE THAT GOOD. WHY DOES EA HAVE TO SUCK SO MUCH. OMG. NERF!!!1!1!" they would need to give some cool things to the rest of the kits.
Kop
+2|6480
pink mist that's all i ask 
t2krambo
Banned
+99|6569|Panama
I have found a synonym, ahh whatever how do you right it:p

Sniping = Great, Wonderful, Awesome
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6512|New York
I love the idea about the lighter shades for the ghillie suits.  Also, the ability to climb trees is pretty good. I highly doubt that it will ever come into effect, sadly, you get creativity points by me.
Brasso
+1,549|6672

Go-Devil wrote:

give snipers climbing abbilities....
let them have ability to climb trees, low buildings, steep rocks and stuff
pff, you go climb up the side of your house, Spider-Man.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard