Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6711|San Francisco
Enough of the "soldier rape" belligerence you guys.  Stick to the topic or I'll give you all a three day vacation in order to cool off.
imortal
+240|6682|Austin, TX

IG-Calibre wrote:

imortal wrote:

The really fun point is that the Bush admistration never stated there was a link between Hussein and Bin Laden.  The Democrats SAID that he said it, and the media never questioned that, but kept repeating it until it was heard so many times it was thought to be true.  It is called "the big lie."

The FIRST official reason for going into Iraq was to eliminate the danger of Weapons of Mass Destruction from an unstable person who may use them against us, or turn them over to those who will.  Remember, Hussein at this time was giving 10,000 dollars to the family of suicide bombers.
...yeah yeah, all the stuff I said.

IG-Calibre wrote:

imortal wrote:

The problem is that politicians do not care about truth.  They care about power.  getting elected.  Politicians do not care about you as a people, other that finding some heartstring to pull on to get your vote so they can get into power.  Note I did not say which side from which.  This is a universal truth. 

There is no perfect solution, or perfect world.
The real world is ugly.
You are not always right.
Your opponant is not always wrong.
Nobody tells the exact truth.
The thing is right when ever ww2 was declared over, I don't recall ever hearing about Nazi Resistance still attacking the allies several years later, did you? and you did win the war in Iraq remember? - http://thinkprogress.org/wp-images/uplo … lished.jpg

I don't seem to remember either former members of the SS being drafted into the new German police force, or a former Nazi being in the new German government organising death squads round Berlin? do you?
Actually, there were probelms for years after the end of the war.  Look back at the newspapers, american politicians were moaning that we were losing the peace, and that we were doomed to fail.  Sound familiar? And that was in Germany.  In Japan, for years there were soldiers coming out of the woods refusing to believe the war was over.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6702|Hell's prison

Janysc wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

Cameron, Just shut up, quit being a liberal little bitch.  All your wannabe big shot political talk is really stupid alot like yourself, so go fuck yourself with your so called "fair and balanced" and quit trying to justify the war in Iraq.  I been over there twice and until your get your skinny white ass and put it on the line for something that means something to you, I dont even think you know what it means to fight for something you believe in.
You're pathetic.
Better than being ignorant...right?  Fuckin polesmoker.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
+160|6702|Hell's prison

Ikarti wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

Cameron, Just shut up, quit being a liberal little bitch.  All your wannabe big shot political talk is really stupid alot like yourself, so go fuck yourself with your so called "fair and balanced" and quit trying to justify the war in Iraq.  I been over there twice and until your get your skinny white ass and put it on the line for something that means something to you, I dont even think you know what it means to fight for something you believe in.
Who has the skinnier white ass, you or him?
him, but at least im willing to back up what i say and stand for what i believe in.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
+160|6702|Hell's prison

mafia996630 wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

"Debate and serious talk"
NO CLICK
OK ?
the least you could do is make sense...
d3v1ldr1v3r13
+160|6702|Hell's prison

IRONCHEF wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

Ouch.  I'm gonna call bullshit on you dude.  Also, Poe is probably one of the most articulate and intelligent sounding posters in this forum so I wouldn't call him stupid.  He could own your shit with a jedi mind trick in like 3 seconds dude.
Poe is nothing but a liberal bitch that does whatever he can to bust Americas chops when he, like alot of you, have no idea what it means to give back to your country, or put your ass on the line.  Its easy to talk politics and shit when you arent involved in it.  So my question for you, if this kid is so Anti-American, what the fuck is the point of him trying to get on the U.S.'s shit?  Dosent his country have problems that need to be addressed?  Yeah and so do the rest of ours, the difference is, America has the resources to help those other countries, and the will, because no matter what war we fight, we will come out with allies in the end, and dont sit there and defend him when he dosent even know everything he swears up and down he knows about our Government.  Cameron, go fight your own fucking battles, I serve my country, and I serve because I believe in my President and I believe I owe my country for what it has given me, along with the soldiers of the past.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6572

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

him, but at least im willing to back up what i say and stand for what i believe in.
What exactly are you 'saying' that needs to be 'backed up'? You haven't actually stated what it is yet. As such, I fail to understand the true nature of your blinkered bleatings.
|APB|-MeatDonkey
+1|6458
Well, I read through the first 4 pages of this thread and skimmed the rest.  I am a 28 y/o, upper middle class white male--I say this because everyone seems to want to know who they are arguing with or against.  I have never served in the military, but I am well educated, I have travelled quite a bit and I like to think of myself as having above-average intelligence and a reasonable worldview.

I want to share a couple of my thoughts with everyone.

I noticed a lot of talk and accusations about rape, much of it insinuating that US soldiers are rapists.  Rape is an ugly thing by anyone's standard.  However what I think that most people probably dont understand is that, from an evolutionary biological standpoint, rape is "logical" in the context of war.  When a human male is confronted, day in and day out, with the potential of imminent and sudden death, the subconcious can put pressure on the individual to copulate.  According to many evolutionary biologists, any man can become a rapist given "the right" circumstances.  This is not a defense or a justification for rape, it is merely an explanation of why it happens during times of war.  But at least we punish rapists.  Muslim law requires 4 (or is it 5?) eye witnesses in order to prosecute a man charged with rape.

Another general observation...  I have noticed that people who spend a lot of their time complaining about things tend to be pretty idle people.  Folks who work hard, have hobbies and are generally productive members of society dont have the time or energy to complain about something unless it is something they consider to be extremely important.  Furthermore, the people who really bitch hard about lots of things tend to be people who are unsatisfied with their current personal situation.  So usmarine2005, dont let some of these guys get under your skin.

More on people who complain...  Someone already said it in this thread, but if you want to complain about something, at least offer a possible solution.  Everyone here who is bitching about Bush lying and about the US being a warmonger are not offering any solutions.  If you are a non-US citizen, bitching unconstructively about America only annoys Americans and possibly makes them dislike you.  If you are a US citizen bitching about America without providing any suggested solutions, you are just part of the problem.  Everyone wants America to act in one way or another, but no one seems to realize that berrating Americans is probably a poor way to get constructive results.

Cameron Poe said, "you were born into a country that has naturally been in pole position".  I vehemently disagree.  America is a self-made country.  In a short two-and-a-quarter centuries we built a super power out of nothing more than a ragtag group of pioneers and undeveloped land.  Please do not trivialize American accomplishments by implying that we had some unfair advantage.

But Cameron also said that countries should be allowed to develop themselves and if that means revolting, then it should be up to a people to do this with minimal or no outside influence.  I agree with that.  But we invaded Iraq.  A mistake?  Who cares at this point?  Bitching about it does nothing.  However just I dont buy into the dogma of war critics who claim to have the Iraqi people's best interests at heart.  So many people around the world are rooting against America.  People like Cameron and Ikarti wouldnt have anything to do if America stopped making mistakes.  I bet the two of you were doing backflips when it turned out that no WMDs were uncovered simply because you wanted to hate on America.  That sort of mentality really frightens me.  Why cant people just try to give the US the benefit of the doubt for a change?  You would think that the world would cut us a little more slack seeing as how America has benefitted the world much, much more than it has harmed it.  The great majority of everything created in the last century that is worth a sh*t was done so by Americans.  Everything from electricity to the internet to TV to vaccines and medication.  Aww, Cameron, you dont like that every few years America does something that isnt to your liking?  Well, try to balance that with the fact that your life expectancy is probably 10 years longer than it would be without the US and that cars, planes, radios... everything in your life that makes it easier is owed to American ingenuity, not drunken Irish panhandling.  Show some respect.  If you want to criticize, do so but do it with respect.  You too Ikarti.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
+160|6702|Hell's prison

CameronPoe wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

LOL. Congratulations big man. You've been to Iraq twice. You must have a really big cock.

I know that it is THE JOB of every member of the US armed forces to FOLLOW ORDERS. I don't take issue with that. However, one CAN disagree with the orders you've been given whilst steadfastly carrying out said orders.
What do you believe in pray tell? WMD in Iraq? Israeli security? Ethnic violence? Saddam-supported Al Qaeda operations? You've been lied to buddy. Wake up and smell the coffee. I'll fight for a cause that means enough to me, a cause that is just and righteous, and it won't be at the behest of anyone else. How did you put your ass 'on the line' for 'something that means something to (Never said anything about YOU, I could give a shit about your country Cameron)[me]'? You aren't even putting your ass on the line in the best interests of the US citizens back home.
Fuck you Cameron, my country did not lie, your people assumed we lied by twisting the truth, and youre probably one of the dumbasses who believe that 9/11 conspiracy bullshit right?  I have not been lied to, you have been lied to, the media, your government has lied, they needed justification to stay out of this fight, and when France and a few other countries just said "no", it was the citizens that called them cowards, not our Government, I certainly didnt, if I was France and I was dealing with the terrorists groups I wouldnt want to fight them either.  You need to wake your ass up and stop trying to be everyones fucking savior by trying to convince everyone you are right because of the media.  The media is still the same retards that told you that the Iraqi's hated us, wrong, they dont, extremists/terrorist groups do, in fact most of them praised us for being there, and the ones that didnt praise tolerated, because all of them know we are doing their country good.  And dont you sit here with your liberal hippie bullshit and tell me my job, ive been doing my job long enough I dont need you to give me a description of what my responsibilities are.  So go ahead believe whatever you want dude, I could give a fuck, but I am sick and fucking tired of you and other people from other countries badmouthing America for making a few mistakes in the past because they dont believe the people of the middle east should survive, and should have been mass murdered by a tyrant for a leader.  Go ahead, let CNN and media dictate your feelings, I will stick to believe what I see, and what I have done, and what I assisted others in completing, good day.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
+160|6702|Hell's prison

CameronPoe wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

What exactly are you 'saying' that needs to be 'backed up'? You haven't actually stated what it is yet. As such, I fail to understand the true nature of your blinkered bleatings.
you should learn to read in that case.  I swear to God you just write shit just to fire someone up to get a debate going.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
+160|6702|Hell's prison

|APB|-MeatDonkey wrote:

Well, I read through the first 4 pages of this thread and skimmed the rest.  I am a 28 y/o, upper middle class white male--I say this because everyone seems to want to know who they are arguing with or against.  I have never served in the military, but I am well educated, I have travelled quite a bit and I like to think of myself as having above-average intelligence and a reasonable worldview.

I want to share a couple of my thoughts with everyone.

I noticed a lot of talk and accusations about rape, much of it insinuating that US soldiers are rapists.  Rape is an ugly thing by anyone's standard.  However what I think that most people probably dont understand is that, from an evolutionary biological standpoint, rape is "logical" in the context of war.  When a human male is confronted, day in and day out, with the potential of imminent and sudden death, the subconcious can put pressure on the individual to copulate.  According to many evolutionary biologists, any man can become a rapist given "the right" circumstances.  This is not a defense or a justification for rape, it is merely an explanation of why it happens during times of war.  But at least we punish rapists.  Muslim law requires 4 (or is it 5?) eye witnesses in order to prosecute a man charged with rape.

Another general observation...  I have noticed that people who spend a lot of their time complaining about things tend to be pretty idle people.  Folks who work hard, have hobbies and are generally productive members of society dont have the time or energy to complain about something unless it is something they consider to be extremely important.  Furthermore, the people who really bitch hard about lots of things tend to be people who are unsatisfied with their current personal situation.  So usmarine2005, dont let some of these guys get under your skin.

More on people who complain...  Someone already said it in this thread, but if you want to complain about something, at least offer a possible solution.  Everyone here who is bitching about Bush lying and about the US being a warmonger are not offering any solutions.  If you are a non-US citizen, bitching unconstructively about America only annoys Americans and possibly makes them dislike you.  If you are a US citizen bitching about America without providing any suggested solutions, you are just part of the problem.  Everyone wants America to act in one way or another, but no one seems to realize that berrating Americans is probably a poor way to get constructive results.

Cameron Poe said, "you were born into a country that has naturally been in pole position".  I vehemently disagree.  America is a self-made country.  In a short two-and-a-quarter centuries we built a super power out of nothing more than a ragtag group of pioneers and undeveloped land.  Please do not trivialize American accomplishments by implying that we had some unfair advantage.

But Cameron also said that countries should be allowed to develop themselves and if that means revolting, then it should be up to a people to do this with minimal or no outside influence.  I agree with that.  But we invaded Iraq.  A mistake?  Who cares at this point?  Bitching about it does nothing.  However just I dont buy into the dogma of war critics who claim to have the Iraqi people's best interests at heart.  So many people around the world are rooting against America.  People like Cameron and Ikarti wouldnt have anything to do if America stopped making mistakes.  I bet the two of you were doing backflips when it turned out that no WMDs were uncovered simply because you wanted to hate on America.  That sort of mentality really frightens me.  Why cant people just try to give the US the benefit of the doubt for a change?  You would think that the world would cut us a little more slack seeing as how America has benefitted the world much, much more than it has harmed it.  The great majority of everything created in the last century that is worth a sh*t was done so by Americans.  Everything from electricity to the internet to TV to vaccines and medication.  Aww, Cameron, you dont like that every few years America does something that isnt to your liking?  Well, try to balance that with the fact that your life expectancy is probably 10 years longer than it would be without the US and that cars, planes, radios... everything in your life that makes it easier is owed to American ingenuity, not drunken Irish panhandling.  Show some respect.  If you want to criticize, do so but do it with respect.  You too Ikarti.
The rape issue, it was maybe two US Soldiers, no witnesses, and automatically the rest of the US military members are cold blooded rapists.

Agree with quote directed to USmarine2005.  USmarine2005, I respect what you do for our country alot, I dont have the training like you do, but I serve as well, most of the people that talk and debate on this forum are uneducated and pay attention to CNN and general media only.  Most are just stupid, including Mr. Know it all Cameron.

The "More on people who complain..." paragraph, no need for piggy back, enough said there.  Same with 4th paragraph.

The last paragraph, im speechless, it was put so well, I think nothing more needs to be said at this time, This guys fuckin smart, and I like it.  My problem is, I am very brutal with my points/quotes/rants, I rarely give anyone the chance without dropping an F bomb or two.  Good job Meat_Donkey.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6759|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
haha - another dumb American who thinks everyone in the world owes him a debt of gratitude -  Radio was invented by Marconi and the first broadcast was on the north Antrim coast to Rathlin, & Penicillin was discovered by Alaxender Flemming an English man and last but not least Galen one of the biggest Pharmaceutical companies in the world was started by one of my next door neighbours, so I guess that would make him one of the drunken Irish panhandling stock as you so eloquently called it..

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2006-09-08 18:29:30)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6572

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

Poe is nothing but a liberal bitch that does whatever he can to bust Americas chops when he, like alot of you, have no idea what it means to give back to your country, or put your ass on the line.  Its easy to talk politics and shit when you arent involved in it.  So my question for you, if this kid is so Anti-American, what the fuck is the point of him trying to get on the U.S.'s shit?  Dosent his country have problems that need to be addressed?  Yeah and so do the rest of ours, the difference is, America has the resources to help those other countries, and the will, because no matter what war we fight, we will come out with allies in the end, and dont sit there and defend him when he dosent even know everything he swears up and down he knows about our Government.  Cameron, go fight your own fucking battles, I serve my country, and I serve because I believe in my President and I believe I owe my country for what it has given me, along with the soldiers of the past.
I don't know where to begin with how unintelligent you are making yourself sound. I don't even know whether I should bother.

Let's sum up a few of your points or things you seem to be suggesting:

1) Only soldiers contribute anything towards (or serve, so to speak) their country (see in red above). The only way someones opinion can hold any value in your eyes is if you sign up to be part of the military.
2) George Bush is infallible (see in green above).
3) There is no danger of Iraq becoming an Iranian-aligned Islamic Republic as many Shi'a would like (see orange above). The Vietnam war resulted in Vietnam becoming an ally of the USA and the USA beat Vietnam in said war.
4) Apparently life has to be a battle or one long series of battles (see in yellow above).

So where does that leave us?
d3v1ldr1v3r13 will blindly do anything a lying oligarch from Texas decrees irrespective of whether in fact it is morally right or morally wrong simply because Bush saying so makes it right by default. According to him, freedom of speech is only open to those who have served in the military and taxpayers do not serve their country (by bolstering and supporting their economy for instance). Soldiers alone, it would seem, keep a country's economy running and wellbeing cared for in his eyes. d3v1ldr1v3r13 seems oblivious to the state in which Iraq currently is. Perhaps it is all candy floss and skipping along in the park picking daisies. Frankly, I don't think so. You know, d3v1ldr1v3r13, admitting Bush made a mistake does not diminish the work you personally did in Iraq. You did your job and the American public no doubt thank you for that. Governments make mistakes and do bad things from time to time. It has happened in the past, it is happening now and it will happen again. You really need to open your mind just a tad.

LOL.

People like d3v1ldr1v3r13 should not attend open forums where *shock horror* they might have to read opinions that are contrary to their own. I'm a 'thought criminal' and should be banged up as Jansyc so ominously echoed George Orwell.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6572

|APB|-MeatDonkey wrote:

Another general observation...  I have noticed that people who spend a lot of their time complaining about things tend to be pretty idle people.  Folks who work hard, have hobbies and are generally productive members of society dont have the time or energy to complain about something unless it is something they consider to be extremely important.  Furthermore, the people who really bitch hard about lots of things tend to be people who are unsatisfied with their current personal situation.
Well, I'm a 27 y/o white middle class male (who came from the working class), I have a 1st class honours degree in engineering and I'm well paid for doing my important and highly technical job at EirGrid plc, the National Electricity Grid of Ireland. I take part in various sports, enjoy socialising often and have travelled quite a bit (France, Germany, Spain, UK, Belgium, Italy, Romania, Sweden, Finland, Palestine, Israel, Jordan, Morocco, USA, Canada, Costa Rica, Panama, soon to visit Cuba, Norway & Turkey). My life is rich, full and varied. I happen to have a great interest in international politics, current affairs, history and the Israel/Palestine conflict.
To dismiss someones views out of hand because of some presumed lack of fulfilment in life is a poor argument for your case. It's essentially a bit of a cop out.

|APB|-MeatDonkey wrote:

I haven't seen you post here before. I do not berate Americans. I berate some policies of current and past US governments. Americans and the American government are not one and the same thing. I have offered my constructive advice on a great many other threads. I can't reiterate them every 3 days. I have had feedback from many conservatives who hold diametrically opposed viewpoints to mine telling me that, although we disagree, there is a mutual respect for each others opinions and each others right to express our opinions.

|APB|-MeatDonkey wrote:

People born into modern USA are not living in log cabins hoping the next crop won't fail and fending off raids from Native Americans. You are not your ancestors. You, like us here in Europe, have all been born with, relatively speaking, silver spoons in our mouths.

|APB|-MeatDonkey wrote:

People like Cameron and Ikarti wouldnt have anything to do if America stopped making mistakes.  I bet the two of you were doing backflips when it turned out that no WMDs were uncovered simply because you wanted to hate on America.
I'd have plenty to do thank you very much.

|APB|-MeatDonkey wrote:

Why cant people just try to give the US the benefit of the doubt for a change?
Would you have given Stalin or Hitler the 'benefit of the doubt'? The 'benefit of the doubt' is not something which should be afforded lightly. All politicians across the entire spectrum should be made accountable for their actions and be scrutinsed to the nth degree.

|APB|-MeatDonkey wrote:

You would think that the world would cut us a little more slack seeing as how America has benefitted the world much, much more than it has harmed it.  The great majority of everything created in the last century that is worth a sh*t was done so by Americans.  Everything from electricity to the internet to TV to vaccines and medication.  Aww, Cameron, you dont like that every few years America does something that isnt to your liking?  Well, try to balance that with the fact that your life expectancy is probably 10 years longer than it would be without the US and that cars, planes, radios... everything in your life that makes it easier is owed to American ingenuity, not drunken Irish panhandling.  Show some respect.  If you want to criticize, do so but do it with respect.  You too Ikarti.
I do criticise with respect as many conservatives on this forum will testify. Thanks for the erroneous 'we are the best' diatribe and the cheap shot at Irish drinking culture. It lends gravity to your argument.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-09-08 19:06:50)

UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6670

|APB|-MeatDonkey wrote:

On the subject of rape, you seem to be how often the crime goes unpunished, and how many women are even scared to go to the police because it will usually come down to their word against the rapist.  You can quote modern forensics as helping, but honestly it really doesn't change how often people get away with it.  Muslim law may be even less fair towards women, but don't act as though the changes in the West happened overnight, and don't hold everyone to the same mediocre standards of sexual equality which have now been accepted into our public psyche.

|APB|-MeatDonkey wrote:

On the subject of people bitching, you have just come onto the post and bitched about peoples conduct, lack of gratefulness, criticism by non-US citizens of America, and insinutated that some of the posters on the opposite side of the political spectrum just want to 'hate on America'.  Whatever.

I think you have got mixed up between hate of American politics and hate of America.  American politics affects people's lives over here; if Europe decided to overthrow the regime in Israel (not that it's going to happen) I would understand if this political action caused a lot of anger and resentment in America towards European politics.  And I have no problem with people from Iraq, Afghanistan or anywhere else hating the politics of my country(UK), and our part in the destabilising of the ME. 

|APB|-MeatDonkey wrote:

I think what you fail to understand why certain posters get berated; it's not because they are America, it's not because of their politics, it's not because of who they are, it's because they fail to show respect for other people.  That's all there is to it.  I'm not naming names, but let's just say there have been plenty of tempbans for disrespect and personal attacks on both sides of the fence.  I don't know what kind of 'constructive results' you expect, but you aren't going to get any solutions for world peace coming out of the debate section of this forum.

|APB|-MeatDonkey wrote:

You had an advantage.  I'm not saying it's fair or unfair, but that's for another discussion.  I will make one comment: There is always a flip side to every coin, and America was built on more than just 'undeveloped land' and more than just by the efforts of 'a ragtag group of pioneers'.  And many of these flip aspects were unfair.  Very unfair.

|APB|-MeatDonkey wrote:

This lack of understanding for why people are concerned frightens me.  And that lack of respect towards Camerons country whilst demanding it for your own demonstrates a level of hypocrisy which borders on sickening.
JohnnyBlanco
+44|6588|England

|APB|-MeatDonkey wrote:

lol, who cares at this point? Many, many people. And your frightened people comment upon your nations actions?, well that frightens me. Also by stating the world should 'cut you some slack' you kind of imply some level of wrongdoing on your nations part, and as for the us been a benefit to the rest of the world that depends on who you ask. Just make sure its not an Iraqi, or a Vietnamese fella, or a native indian living in a caravan, or a palastinian getting shot with an m16, or even an old black fella who fondly remembers the 60's. Oh and John Logie Baird, not a yank, invented TV. You sir are a fool, i cannot be arsed to point out any more irregularitys in your post but id suggest not telling someone to show respect and then getting in a remark like that, and ffs stop being so arrogant it really doesnt do american people any favours.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6661|Seattle, WA

CameronPoe wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5328592.stm

"Saddam Hussein was distrustful of al-Qaeda and viewed Islamic extremists as a threat to his regime, refusing all requests from al-Qaeda to provide material or operational support" - US Senate Report

Whaddaya know? The blatantly obvious to any reasonable logical thinker has been officially stated by the US Senate! Please do not use this lame excuse for war in Iraq AGAIN. /transmission over
I haven't read any of the other posts, so excuse me for jumping in, but name ONE instance, anyone, when Bush said that Saddam was linked to 9/11....you can't, because that did not happen.
beerface702
+65|6710|las vegas
saddam is a shithead.

iraq is a shithole.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6726|Wilmington, DE, US
Contrary to MeatDonkey's belief, I do have other things to do than post here constantly. Unlike MeatDonkey, you won't find me typing friviolous essays.

When I read this I started thinking about how some blacks want reparations for slavery. Because of their ancestors who in all honesty started out with an unfair disadvantage. I'm sure you'd be against reparations though, even though your statement uses the same logic. I mean, after all, you weren't a pioneer were you?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6598|SE London

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

"Saddam Hussein was distrustful of al-Qaeda and viewed Islamic extremists as a threat to his regime, refusing all requests from al-Qaeda to provide material or operational support" - US Senate Report

Whaddaya know? The blatantly obvious to any reasonable logical thinker has been officially stated by the US Senate! Please do not use this lame excuse for war in Iraq AGAIN. /transmission over
I haven't read any of the other posts, so excuse me for jumping in, but name ONE instance, anyone, when Bush said that Saddam was linked to 9/11....you can't, because that did not happen.
Bush didn't, so far as I know.

A lot of people on these forums have said that Saddam was linked to Al-Qaeda though. Which simply isn't true.

UnOriginalNuttah (on |APB|-MeatDonkey) wrote:

This lack of understanding for why people are concerned frightens me.  And that lack of respect towards Camerons country whilst demanding it for your own demonstrates a level of hypocrisy which borders on sickening.
I completely agree. It's that sort of hypocrisy and arrogance displayed by a loud mouth minority that gives Americans a bad name. Which is a shame.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6661|Seattle, WA

Bertster7 wrote:

Bush didn't, so far as I know.
You're right, he didn't so how can the AP and some liberal media ppl report that this report has NULLIFIED the reason for going to Iraq when Bush never said it???
d3v1ldr1v3r13
+160|6702|Hell's prison

IG-Calibre wrote:

haha - another dumb American who thinks everyone in the world owes him a debt of gratitude -  Radio was invented by Marconi and the first broadcast was on the north Antrim coast to Rathlin, & Penicillin was discovered by Alaxender Flemming an English man and last but not least Galen one of the biggest Pharmaceutical companies in the world was started by one of my next door neighbours, so I guess that would make him one of the drunken Irish panhandling stock as you so eloquently called it..
Fuck you and go fuck your goat.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
+160|6702|Hell's prison

CameronPoe wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

I don't know where to begin with how unintelligent you are making yourself sound. I don't even know whether I should bother.

1) Only soldiers contribute anything towards (or serve, so to speak) their country (see in red above). The only way someones opinion can hold any value in your eyes is if you sign up to be part of the military.
3) There is no danger of Iraq becoming an Iranian-aligned Islamic Republic as many Shi'a would like (see orange above). The Vietnam war resulted in Vietnam becoming an ally of the USA and the USA beat Vietnam in said war.
4) Apparently life has to be a battle or one long series of battles (see in yellow above).

d3v1ldr1v3r13 will blindly do anything a lying oligarch from Texas decrees irrespective of whether in fact it is morally right or morally wrong simply because Bush saying so makes it right by default. According to him, freedom of speech is only open to those who have served in the military and taxpayers do not serve their country (by bolstering and supporting their economy for instance). Soldiers alone, it would seem, keep a country's economy running and wellbeing cared for in his eyes. d3v1ldr1v3r13 seems oblivious to the state in which Iraq currently is. Perhaps it is all candy floss and skipping along in the park picking daisies. Frankly, I don't think so. You know, d3v1ldr1v3r13, admitting Bush made a mistake does not diminish the work you personally did in Iraq. You did your job and the American public no doubt thank you for that. Governments make mistakes and do bad things from time to time. It has happened in the past, it is happening now and it will happen again. You really need to open your mind just a tad.

LOL.

People like d3v1ldr1v3r13 should not attend open forums where *shock horror* they might have to read opinions that are contrary to their own. I'm a 'thought criminal' and should be banged up as Jansyc so ominously echoed George Orwell.
Cameron, we all know youre full of shit, and just continue being a puppet for the all the other american hating pieces of shit in this forum.  Im not playing your stupid fucking games anymore, seems you have quite the following of unintelligent media whores around here, all im going to say, is believe what you want to believe, ill stick to my guns.  Peace out.

Last edited by d3v1ldr1v3r13 (2006-09-08 22:14:21)

Matix5435
+0|6464

Phantom2828 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Cameron I pitty you bush even came out and said that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 please cut the shit, we went for other reasons the main one was that we got inteligence from all these diffent countrys including russia britan and the U.N that saddam had wmds, we also went to liberate the people, now I know you are going to say "thats not a valid exuse for military action!" well I find this funny because liberals like yourself justified millitary action soley on humanitarian grounds.
Yeah, Saddam was bad and Iraq was bad, but Bush told us that he was going to find the person responsable for 9/11 and that they would be punished, but has he done shit yet? No. A few troops in Afghanistan and thats about it, instead he puts our troops into Iraq so he can 'liberate the people'. BS. He wants oil.
Matix5435
+0|6464

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

LOL.

Cameron, we all know youre full of shit, and just continue being a puppet for the all the other american hating pieces of shit in this forum.  Im not playing your stupid fucking games anymore, seems you have quite the following of unintelligent media whores around here, all im going to say, is believe what you want to believe, ill stick to my guns.  Peace out.
Liberals don't hate america. Hell, I love my country. You just dont understand us, its not your fault. Thats ok.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard