RemyMartin
+6|6534
This is why I'll be moving on to Quake Wars and not 2142 without a doubt given they make good on their promises.

1)  I am sick of EA / DICE's obvious disrespect to the gaming community.  After piss-poor patch after piss-poor patch and lack of support for the modding community, EA has proven they are out for the money and nothing else.  Yes BF2 is a great game but it's not the game it could be, and any company that doesn't aspire to make it that can suck the dizzle my nizzle.

With Quake Wars you have Splash Damage, themselves a company created out of a mod community and ID software teaming up to bring out this title.  I'm no expert on this stuff, but common sense seems to tell you that this will be a far more community friendly match-up.

2)  Quake Wars promises superior physics, hit detection, and network tweaking.  It's a no brainer that the quake engine tops when it comes to reliable shooting action.  BF2 is painfully clumsy when it comes to these aspects.  The type of technoligies being developed for Quake Wars is simply astounding.  Coupled with the objective style teamplay, this game will let both skill and tactics of any gamer shine to the fullest.

3)  Quake Wars has two very diverse weapons and gameplay systems depending on if you play as the Global Defense army or the Invading Stroggs.  Totally different weapons, class abilities, and vehicles will make for fresh battles and limitless strategies.  And cheers to them if they actually manage to pull this off with a decent level of balance.

Check it out for yourselves...

http://www.enemyterritory.com/
Home
Section.80
+447|6889|Seattle, Washington, USA

Have fun with your Strogg. I'll stick with BF.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6762|California

if you can wait till Q2 of next year, knock yourself out.
Harmonics
A stabbing fatality
+22|6545
I'll just buy both.
Cr4zyM3x1c4n
+5|6527
i agree with ya ea..... is just umm pain in the ass but just so i can complete my bf collection ill buy both but ill play quake wars more
manitobapaintballa
+32|6660
how long until the "very diverse weapons and gameplay systems" gets nerfed because of whiners like you??? and then you'll go fuck ID
CITYHUNT3R
+15|6510|Winnipeg

Harmonics wrote:

I'll just buy both.
RemyMartin
+6|6534

manitobapaintballa wrote:

how long until the "very diverse weapons and gameplay systems" gets nerfed because of whiners like you??? and then you'll go fuck ID
A bit longer than it takes you to wipe your chin after gulping down EA's manchowder.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6727|Hell's prison
See ya back in gaming next march pal.
CITYHUNT3R
+15|6510|Winnipeg
Those were both bad insults. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Last edited by CITYHUNT3R (2006-09-08 17:37:13)

Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6613|USA

CITYHUNT3R wrote:

Those were both bad insults. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
manitobapaintballa
+32|6660

RemyMartin wrote:

A bit longer than it takes you to wipe your chin after gulping down EA's manchowder.
wow your mature..... if you hate bf2 so much why are you here??

and i got a point with so many different weapons people are goingt o bitch and complain and its going to get changed
RTG_ILLUSION
Like I fucking care
+29|6569

Yeah FUCK ID FTW
Maj.Do
+85|6794|good old CA
hey id is a pretty good company fella,  ill buy both 2142 and quake wars, but im really looking forward to quake wars
Xblade-3o5-
Oi, Suzy!
+113|6795|Florida, United States
yea ill probably buy both
Wojo97civic
+5|6493

RemyMartin wrote:

This is why I'll be moving on to Quake Wars and not 2142 without a doubt given they make good on their promises.

1)  I am sick of EA / DICE's obvious disrespect to the gaming community.  After piss-poor patch after piss-poor patch and lack of support for the modding community, EA has proven they are out for the money and nothing else.  Yes BF2 is a great game but it's not the game it could be, and any company that doesn't aspire to make it that can suck the dizzle my nizzle.

With Quake Wars you have Splash Damage, themselves a company created out of a mod community and ID software teaming up to bring out this title.  I'm no expert on this stuff, but common sense seems to tell you that this will be a far more community friendly match-up.

2)  Quake Wars promises superior physics, hit detection, and network tweaking.  It's a no brainer that the quake engine tops when it comes to reliable shooting action.  BF2 is painfully clumsy when it comes to these aspects.  The type of technoligies being developed for Quake Wars is simply astounding.  Coupled with the objective style teamplay, this game will let both skill and tactics of any gamer shine to the fullest.

3)  Quake Wars has two very diverse weapons and gameplay systems depending on if you play as the Global Defense army or the Invading Stroggs.  Totally different weapons, class abilities, and vehicles will make for fresh battles and limitless strategies.  And cheers to them if they actually manage to pull this off with a decent level of balance.

Check it out for yourselves...

http://www.enemyterritory.com/
Im with you 100%, Ill only play bf2 and quake wars.  Ii wont give in to 2142 to have ea give me more of a headache
beerface702
+65|6735|las vegas
wuake wars is gonna be sick. the diffrent game mode's sound interesting. and the ranking up within a 8 round campaign, that spans over 5 diffrent maps, with no load time. quasi everquest.

UT2007 is gonna be fun to play, but yea. its just another UT with shiney graphics

Frontlines is gonna be the sleeper hit
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6668|Britain and Damn proud of it!
Quake wars FTW! i wont be buying 2142 but I'll still play POE2 and vanilla BF, EA/Dice have screwed me for the last time. BTW for all you people that complain that when your in a chopper and some nub take the gun turret instead of a mate, in Quake Wars you are given the option to allow or disallow people into a attack vehicle, assuming your the pilot.

RemyMartin, exactly what i was thinking, the graphics and physics will be better than 2142's by far and the little things like the ability to shoot off a vehicles wheels/thrusters and hull plating gives it that more realistic and enjoyable feel, for you 2142 goers i suggest you check out the quake wars site at www.enemyterritory.com and watch the intro movie, also go to IGN and read the review and take a look at the movies and screen shots up there: http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/748/748377.html

Edit:

Just found these Army Tuts for both sides:

Strogg

GDF

Both vids are about 6mins long and are composed of solely ingame footage.

The d/l's quite large but well worth it. It looks awesome.

Last edited by =|A mere Shadow|= (2006-09-09 01:20:07)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6707|NT, like Mick Dundee

Frontlines and TF2 are my picks for next year.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6610
If it wouldn't take so long until Frontlines is released.

As for Bf2142 - i played the Beta Version and wasn't impressed by it, even if i played it hour by hour it's just not as much fun as BF2 is. I'll try the demo version when it's released but i don't expect much from it. A negative Aspect is of course DICEs patching disaster. I'm sure they lost a lot of potentially customers for BF2142 due to their community politics.

I'm really curious about Crysis, ET:QW & TF2 and i want to see how the next game in the Battlefield Franchise with the Unreal Engine 3 will be.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard