M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6748|Peoria, Illinois

jonsimon wrote:

M1-Lightning wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

At this point in time, our government has addressed and denied all previously stated reasons for entering Iraq.
No they haven't.
Yes they have. Reasons given and circulated: WMDs, links to al-queda, links to 911. Bush has stated there are no links to 911. Everyone has stated there are no WMDs besides the ones we gave Saddam. And now the senate has declared there were no links to al-queda.
You never even read the bill I posted. Nothing of what you just posted is written in that bill.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6778

mafia996630 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

As opposed to some degenerate hick from a red state? Yes you are wrong. Christ, you bring state colors in and everything. No I'm not rich, yes I live in Delaware, and no, I don't get off on killing innocent people, which you may or may not do. You've got the whole indoctrination of the military can do no wrong. Yeah right. Continue living in your denial.
I never hear you crying about all the innocent people Saddam killed, or how many innocent people other dictators kill.  You just see one person make a mistake and run with it.  How many people get raped in this country everyday?  Why dont I hear anything form you about that?
WTF is wrong wth u , this has already been answered. go back to page two.

TO QUOTE CP:
"Saddam, an Iraqi, was murdering and abusing on his own turf. Each nation must take it upon themselves to liberate themselves, not wait about for some supposedly benevolent FOREIGN overseer. The debacle we see in Iraq today is the result of attempting to 'bring peace and freedom' to an Iraq that was not ready for such responsibilities. I'm for self-determination and winning your freedom and making a country of your own choosing. That is obviously at right angles to your viewpoint."
I wasnt talking to CP......read asswipe.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6572

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

And Saddam didn't oppress people?  Which kind of oppression are you for?
Saddam, an Iraqi, was murdering and abusing on his own turf. Each nation must take it upon themselves to liberate themselves, not wait about for some supposedly benevolent FOREIGN overseer. The debacle we see in Iraq today is the result of attempting to 'bring peace and freedom' to an Iraq that was not ready for such responsibilities. I'm for self-determination and winning your freedom and making a country of your own choosing. That is obviously at right angles to your viewpoint.
So if your Wife / Mom were in Iraq a few years ago, and got caught outside without covering their face.  Then they got thrown in jail and rape rooms without a trial, you would just say "Hey, it is thier country, do what you want."
What's going on in Iraq right now? The burqa - practically unheard of under Saddam - is making a resurgence. People can't go to a mosque or market without fear of being blown up. Running water? Electricity? Abu Ghraib? Haditha? Depleted Uranium? Ethnic violence? Same shit, different label.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6759|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

SMSgtDoc wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

I wish other countries would pound our country into humility for once so we could again focus on our own country and it's people.  Maybe Bush can accomplish this before he's gone.  I'd be happy to support a regime change in this country.
Gee, thanks for asking for more of us who get off our asses and protect your freedoms to die.  You really don't have a fucking clue do you.  Who do you think would protect you during this "pound our country" session?  Me and the rest of the people that actually do something to protect this country.  Another dumb ass that just doesn't get it.
I fear by the time you get back from whatever Godless far distant lands you are off freeing people in, by the time you get back home most of your own freedoms & liberties will be gone.  Don't worry though it will stop "TEH TERRORISTS!!!"
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6726|Wilmington, DE, US

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Because you wouldn't give a damn anyway. The military is a great outlet for people who under normal circumstances would rape and kill here. .
Welp, there it is.  Thank You.  I will not be reading or responding to any of your posts anymore. Thank you again
As I said, keep living in denial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_T1C92r … mp;search=

Best and brightest, huh?
SMSgtDoc
+0|6675

Ikarti wrote:

Because you wouldn't give a damn anyway. The military is a great outlet for people who under normal circumstances would rape and kill here. Saddam was not our business.
You are right Saddam was not our business, we can agree on that.

On the other hand you don't have a clue about todays military, if fact, I would say you are totally ignorant.  Show a little respect to the people that actually take a stand to defend your freedom, or STFU.
jonsimon
+224|6512

M1-Lightning wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

M1-Lightning wrote:

No they haven't.
Yes they have. Reasons given and circulated: WMDs, links to al-queda, links to 911. Bush has stated there are no links to 911. Everyone has stated there are no WMDs besides the ones we gave Saddam. And now the senate has declared there were no links to al-queda.
You never even read the bill I posted. Nothing of what you just posted is written in that bill.
That doesn't change the fact that they were the only reasons cited directly to the people of America.

Edit:Oh, and you're wrong again. I did read it.

Last edited by jonsimon (2006-09-08 14:54:41)

IRONCHEF
+385|6507|Northern California

SMSgtDoc wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

I wish other countries would pound our country into humility for once so we could again focus on our own country and it's people.  Maybe Bush can accomplish this before he's gone.  I'd be happy to support a regime change in this country.
Gee, thanks for asking for more of us who get off our asses and protect your freedoms to die.  You really don't have a fucking clue do you.  Who do you think would protect you during this "pound our country" session?  Me and the rest of the people that actually do something to protect this country.  Another dumb ass that just doesn't get it.
zzzzzzzz.....  brilliant mind you got there...

Ok Captain America, I am an ex-marine who volunteered to go die for Bush Sr's foolish and illegal defense of Kuwait, though I never made it (long story, for another time).  Also, I'm not saying shit about our soldiers being the blame of anything so get off your high horse and settle down you fucking moron. 

Given the raping OUR country has done to this world, despite the immense generosity it has displayed, we more than deserve a stray nuke.  But moreso, we deserve strong rebuke, alientation, sanctions, and definately the wrath of dozens of countries around the world who we've wronged.  On that note, yes, our country, "Unfortunately" does deserve to be humbled.  We're a proud, arrogant, ignorant nation of imperialist fascists and when we are humbled, I won't be expecting defense from our military forces so you can go ahead and defend the white house or something more worthy of defending than me.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

SysTray wrote:

I didn't say anything to him because his remark didn't offend me, only yours did. (It only offended you.) You want me to go and beat the shit out of him because he said something to you? What have you done for me? What are you going to do in return? I have better things I can be doing in and around my house than go to his and say "Stop messing with him, ok?".
You were offended? Ahahhahahahha
Phantom2828
+51|6544|Land of the free

CameronPoe wrote:

Phantom2828 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5328592.stm

"Saddam Hussein was distrustful of al-Qaeda and viewed Islamic extremists as a threat to his regime, refusing all requests from al-Qaeda to provide material or operational support" - US Senate Report

Whaddaya know? The blatantly obvious to any reasonable logical thinker has been officially stated by the US Senate! Please do not use this lame excuse for war in Iraq AGAIN. /transmission over
Cameron I pitty you bush even came out and said that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 please cut the shit, we went for other reasons the main one was that we got inteligence from all these diffent countrys including russia britan and the U.N that saddam had wmds, we also went to liberate the people, now I know you are going to say "thats not a valid exuse for military action!" well I find this funny because liberals like yourself justified millitary action soley on humanitarian grounds.
How dare you associate me with 'liberals like yourself'. Your knowledge of what kind of an individual I am is no doubt weak at best. 'Justified military action' in Iraq? Me? Please. I was 100% dead against as soon as I could see that it was coming in the autumn before hostilities when the bullshit starting to flow in the UN.

My qualm is with people who argue their pro-Iraq war points drawing on Iraq-Al Qaeda links as some kind of qualification of the war there, which it obviously was not and certainly is not after the publication of this report. I like the way you choose to 'blame' Russia and the UK on the gross mistake the leaders of YOUR country committed. How convenient. Nice way to shirk taking responsibility for your actions.
Nice way to dodge my statment and do do the exact same thing that you clame I do, blaming other countrys.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

IRONCHEF wrote:

SMSgtDoc wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

Ok Captain America, I am an ex-marine who volunteered to go die for Bush Sr's foolish and illegal defense of Kuwait, though I never made it (long story, for another time).  Also, I'm not saying shit about our soldiers being the blame of anything so get off your high horse and settle down you fucking moron. 

Given the raping OUR country has done to this world, despite the immense generosity it has displayed, we more than deserve a stray nuke.  But moreso, we deserve strong rebuke, alientation, sanctions, and definately the wrath of dozens of countries around the world who we've wronged.  On that note, yes, our country, "Unfortunately" does deserve to be humbled.  We're a proud, arrogant, ignorant nation of imperialist fascists and when we are humbled, I won't be expecting defense from our military forces so you can go ahead and defend the white house or something more worthy of defending than me.
See, now you've gone and made yourself a traitor and a pussy because you've decided to think for yourself.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

jonsimon wrote:

M1-Lightning wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

That doesn't change the fact that they were the only reasons cited directly to the people of America.

Edit:Oh, and you're wrong again. I did read it.
Then you are either a liar or just plain ignorant for posting what you did.
13rin
+977|6496

CameronPoe wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I don't think Bush ever used an Al Qaeda - Saddam link as a reason for war.  After the war, Al Qaeda and the Taliban went to Iraq.
That is untrue DB. I clearly remember, from seeing with my own eyes, instances on TV from the pre-war phase where Rumsfeld, Powell and possibly Bush himself insinuated that their were links there. I'll try and dig up links.
I found this
http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/no-saddam-qaeda.htm

I also found where he did insinuate that there "were meetings between the two."  In all fairness here is that link.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases … 007-8.html

I think he did use Al Quaeda as a tool to churn support for the Iraqi war.  I didn't need that though.  I was disheartened when the US tanks stopped rolling at the Iraq border after vanquishing them from Kuwait (Gulf War). 

What Bush should have said instead of using WMD's and hinting at an Al Quaeda/Iraq alliance ...Was that the US made a mistake in putting Saddam into power, then apologize to the Iraqi people for it, then go in there and remove him. 

Personally -if I was Bush I would have taken out Saddam on the basis alone that he tried to have his father killed (June 27th, 1992 in Kuwait).

There was a lot of information and intelligence flying back and forth, the US was reeling from 9/11 (IMO still is).  I think that the President went with the best available information and did humanity a favor by displacing Saddam.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6572

captain_itchy_pants wrote:

Ireland couldnt have had it's freedom without American influence or American money. So why is that a bad thing for Iraq? Ireland is doing fantastically well now with American companies leading the way and spending many dollars on the infrastructure there. Cant they employ that in Iraq?
Correction: The Republic of Ireland was founded largely on the blood, sweat and tears of its own people, with very little help from the outside. The ex-pat Irish of the US did supply a great deal of money to the IRA and its political wing Sinn Féin, who seek to free the remaining six counties of Ireland.

Ireland always had a western culture. Just like America. Iraq doesn't. What's good for us is not always what's good for somebody else.

Ireland do have a lot of US companies bolstering our economy - we have the EU HQ of Google, PayPal, Intel & Dell, etc. We also have a lot of European and Asian companies here. We are part of a GLOBAL economy. There are many Irish companies in the US. I don't see where you're going with your US companies argument.
JohnnyBlanco
+44|6587|England

Bunn-Gee wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Phantom2828 wrote:

Cameron I pitty you bush even came out and said that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 please cut the shit, we went for other reasons the main one was that we got inteligence from all these diffent countrys including russia britan and the U.N that saddam had wmds, we also went to liberate the people, now I know you are going to say "thats not a valid exuse for military action!" well I find this funny because liberals like yourself justified millitary action soley on humanitarian grounds.
How dare you associate me with 'liberals like yourself'. Your knowledge of what kind of an individual I am is no doubt weak at best. 'Justified military action' in Iraq? Me? Please. I was 100% dead against as soon as I could see that it was coming in the autumn before hostilities when the bullshit starting to flow in the UN.

My qualm is with people who argue their pro-Iraq war points drawing on Iraq-Al Qaeda links as some kind of qualification of the war there, which it obviously was not and certainly is not after the publication of this report. I like the way you choose to 'blame' Russia and the UK on the gross mistake the leaders of YOUR country committed. How convenient. Nice way to shirk taking responsibility for your actions.
When they come to cut off your head don't come crying to us.....deal?
AHHHGRHHH, god you deserve everything you get. Honestly, you bunch of arrogant fuckwits. When the fuck were beheadings a regular occurance? AFTER you invaded their country! Bush is brainwashing you guys, there can be no other logical explanation for your pigheaded refusal to accept you fucked up, do you even read newpapers and watch the news???
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

CameronPoe wrote:

captain_itchy_pants wrote:

Ireland couldnt have had it's freedom without American influence or American money. So why is that a bad thing for Iraq? Ireland is doing fantastically well now with American companies leading the way and spending many dollars on the infrastructure there. Cant they employ that in Iraq?
Correction: The Republic of Ireland was founded largely on the blood, sweat and tears of its own people, with very little help from the outside. The ex-pat Irish of the US did supply a great deal of money to the IRA and its political wing Sinn Féin, who seek to free the remaining six counties of Ireland.

Ireland always had a western culture. Just like America. Iraq doesn't. What's good for us is not always what's good for somebody else.

Ireland do have a lot of US companies bolstering our economy - we have the EU HQ of Google, PayPal, Intel & Dell, etc. We also have a lot of European and Asian companies here. We are part of a GLOBAL economy. There are many Irish companies in the US. I don't see where you're going with your US companies argument.
He's trying to say OMG U INGRATEFUL FUCKS U SUCK USA #1!
SMSgtDoc
+0|6675

IRONCHEF wrote:

Yep, I could say the same about your mind too, asking for the killing of Americans because you think we deserve it.  Well I hope you and your family is the first in line.  Let me get this right, you are a former Marine and you would like to see this country get its ass kicked.  Well my friend you may have served in the Marine Corps, but you are no Marine.  Don't soil the memory of Marines that have died in defense of this country with your babble.
IRONCHEF

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Because you wouldn't give a damn anyway. The military is a great outlet for people who under normal circumstances would rape and kill here. .
Welp, there it is.  Thank You.  I will not be reading or responding to any of your posts anymore. Thank you again
I agree with you on this.  Ikarti, the rape shit is not necessary.  If you're going to flame someone's opinions, or generalize like that, then you're not bringing much to the debate.  US Soldiers are not the issue.  Even if they were, not all soldiers are Haditha types.  In fact, until you've been deployed to an area where your stress level is that of soldiers like the Haditha killers, then you really can't just finger them and all soldiers in the same manner.  You and I have NO idea what is going on in the heads of soldiers (i have friends I communicate with who are deployed who tell me as much as they can, but i still have no clue on that).

Anyway, this is about Saddam and the Iraq/Al Quaeda link, and it's evolved into a pissing match regarding the white house and policy it seems.  Keep the soldiers out of this.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6572

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I found this
http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/no-saddam-qaeda.htm

I also found where he did insinuate that there "were meetings between the two."  In all fairness here is that link.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases … 007-8.html
When all you are doing is trying to persuade a body of people or the populace of a country then insinuation and subliminal messages are all you need. I'll concede he didn't state outright - -I'll trust your infosearch. I'm glad you concede that he did use it as 'a tool to churn support' - he certainly did.

With respect to this though:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Personally -if I was Bush I would have taken out Saddam on the basis alone that he tried to have his father killed (June 27th, 1992 in Kuwait).
International politics and the lives of thousands is not the place to go settling personal vendettas. EVER. It's just plain immature and irresponsible IMO.
the_hitman_kills
Agent 47 wannabe
+32|6481|Inside my APC

IRONCHEF wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

I agree with you on this.  Ikarti, the rape shit is not necessary.  If you're going to flame someone's opinions, or generalize like that, then you're not bringing much to the debate.  US Soldiers are not the issue.  Even if they were, not all soldiers are Haditha types.  In fact, until you've been deployed to an area where your stress level is that of soldiers like the Haditha killers, then you really can't just finger them and all soldiers in the same manner.  You and I have NO idea what is going on in the heads of soldiers (i have friends I communicate with who are deployed who tell me as much as they can, but i still have no clue on that).

Anyway, this is about Saddam and the Iraq/Al Quaeda link, and it's evolved into a pissing match regarding the white house and policy it seems.  Keep the soldiers out of this.
Most military armies are trained for one thing, to kill the enemy.
Soldiers are trained to be aggressive and violent, its a trait that helps them survive in war.
They are not meant to be police officers, they protect the peace, they don't enforce it.
When you make a soldier police civilian's there are going to be problems.
Soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan are attacked everyday, they see everyone as possible a enemy.
Thats when the training and aggressive/violent traits kicks in, and innocent people die.

You need to pull these soldiers out and replace them with trained peacekeepers who can keep the peace.

Last edited by the_hitman_kills (2006-09-08 15:06:03)

IRONCHEF

SMSgtDoc wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

Yep, I could say the same about your mind too, asking for the killing of Americans because you think we deserve it.  Well I hope you and your family is the first in line.  Let me get this right, you are a former Marine and you would like to see this country get its ass kicked.  Well my friend you may have served in the Marine Corps, but you are no Marine.  Don't soil the memory of Marines that have died in defense of this country with your babble.
I can see you're a marine because you can't think rational thoughts.  I don't want Americans dead.  I want our country to show some humility in the face of all the horror we're bringing to people.  I want our propaganda abused television viewers to realize what depleted uranium does to little kids who play on burnt out tank carcasses.  I would like our foreign policy to change drastically but the only way that will happen is if we're made to change it.  And yes, consequently (not directly as you're foolishly implying) I do want our country to be forced into change.  And for the record, I'll gladly be part of any rebellion that will constitutionally remove our tyrranical government from power...risking my life to do so.  Can you be such a man if the occaision arose?
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6853
Who cares, " Osama Bin - hiden " Said he was responsible.
Phantom2828
+51|6544|Land of the free

Ikarti wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Saddam, an Iraqi, was murdering and abusing on his own turf. Each nation must take it upon themselves to liberate themselves, not wait about for some supposedly benevolent FOREIGN overseer. The debacle we see in Iraq today is the result of attempting to 'bring peace and freedom' to an Iraq that was not ready for such responsibilities. I'm for self-determination and winning your freedom and making a country of your own choosing. That is obviously at right angles to your viewpoint.
So if your Wife / Mom were in Iraq a few years ago, and got caught outside without covering their face.  Then they got thrown in jail and rape rooms without a trial, you would just say "Hey, it is thier country, do what you want."
Hey, US soldiers are doing a pretty good job at rape as it is.
You are a piece of shit you fucking sicken me.
IRONCHEF
And with that truth, I'll decline further arguments.  As long as the constitution is a goddamned piece of paper, and as long as the man responsible for 911 is not a major priority anymore, there is no real argument ANYONE here can have FOR bush or his policies.  that's the truth, ruth.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

JohnnyBlanco wrote:

AHHHGRHHH, god you deserve everything you get. Honestly, you bunch of arrogant fuckwits. When the fuck were beheadings a regular occurance? AFTER you invaded their country! Bush is brainwashing you guys, there can be no other logical explanation for your pigheaded refusal to accept you fucked up, do you even read newpapers and watch the news???
Curious who the brainwashed one is. If you understood the newspapers you've read and the news you've watched then you'd understand they only report what people are interested in. Just because it's not reported, doesn't mean it didn't happen. News is a business, not a natural occurance.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard