CameronPoe
+2,925|6590
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5328592.stm

"Saddam Hussein was distrustful of al-Qaeda and viewed Islamic extremists as a threat to his regime, refusing all requests from al-Qaeda to provide material or operational support" - US Senate Report

Whaddaya know? The blatantly obvious to any reasonable logical thinker has been officially stated by the US Senate! Please do not use this lame excuse for war in Iraq AGAIN. /transmission over

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-09-08 13:17:56)

IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6777|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
Bush will probably come out and say "My fellow Americans by removing Saddam we stopped al-Qaeda  from forming a potentially lethal alliance with him and causing mass murder on our streets" and everyone in America will go "Phew that's all right then, Bravo George!!, continue to take away our liberties we gladly hand them over to stop "Teh Terrorists"  ***waves US flag patriotically***

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2006-09-08 13:29:29)

FoShizzle
Howdah Lysozyme
+21|6661|Pittsburgh, PA

CameronPoe wrote:

"Saddam Hussein was distrustful of al-Qaeda and viewed Islamic extremists as a threat to his regime, refusing all requests from al-Qaeda to provide material or operational support" - US Senate Report

Whaddaya know? The blatantly obvious to any reasonable logical thinker has been officially stated by the US Senate! Please do not use this lame excuse for war in Iraq AGAIN. /transmission over
Cameron...do you ever enjoy yourself (other than creating all of these debate topics)?  Give the politics a break and play some BF2.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6796

Why do people from other countries give a crap what the US does?  If you have a problem with us, do something about, don't just sit there and cry.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6590

usmarine2005 wrote:

Why do people from other countries give a crap what the US does?  If you have a problem with us, do something about, don't just sit there and cry.
I don't have a problem with what the US does inside their own country. I do have a problem with what the US does outside their own country. Why? Because it affects me, my neighbours and countries that I don't believe should be bothered by some distant bunch of white folk (unless they truly deserve to be dealt with and the method employed is just and reasonable).
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6796

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

I don't have a problem with what the US does inside their own country. I do have a problem with what the US does outside their own country. Why? Because it affects me, my neighbours and countries that I don't believe should be bothered by some distant bunch of white folk (unless they truly deserve to be dealt with and the method employed is just and reasonable).
Then do something about it.  Don't sit on your pitty pot and bitch and moan like an old lady.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6590

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Then do something about it.  Don't sit on your pitty pot and bitch and moan like an old lady.
What do you suggest I do? Fly a plane into a tall building?
the_hitman_kills
Agent 47 wannabe
+32|6499|Inside my APC

CameronPoe wrote:

ok...but they did find WMDs........oh wait, no they didn't.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6688

usmarine2005 wrote:

Why do some posters give a crap what gets debated?  If you have a problem, do something about about [it], don't just sit there and cry.
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
+119|6878|Sacramento, Cal
Saddam Hussein OWNED, 2000+ U.S. Died for nothing sadly.
Phantom2828
+51|6562|Land of the free

CameronPoe wrote:

Cameron I pitty you bush even came out and said that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 please cut the shit, we went for other reasons the main one was that we got inteligence from all these diffent countrys including russia britan and the U.N that saddam had wmds, we also went to liberate the people, now I know you are going to say "thats not a valid exuse for military action!" well I find this funny because liberals like yourself justified millitary action soley on humanitarian grounds.
Phantom2828
+51|6562|Land of the free

the_hitman_kills wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

ok...but they did find WMDs........oh wait, no they didn't.
O wait yes they did. we even got the fucking reports from 10 other countrys that he had WMDs! Now please cut the shit.
IRONCHEF
+385|6525|Northern California

usmarine2005 wrote:

I wish other countries would pound our country into humility for once so we could again focus on our own country and it's people.  Maybe Bush can accomplish this before he's gone.  I'd be happy to support a regime change in this country.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6796

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I am speaking about the countries who are so adversely affected by the actions of the US.  Rise up, be a super power and correct our mistakes.
captain_itchy_pants
+13|6609

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Not a good thing to say there Cameron, with it being so close to 9/11 and all. Makes ya look like an eejit and a heartless culchie!
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6743|Wilmington, DE, US
PROGRESSION OF EVENTS

Saddam was responsible for 9/11->Saddam is aiding Al-Qaeda->Saddam has WMDs->Oops->HAY GUYZ WERE HERE TO LIBERATE U K? MEET OUR FRIEND HALLIBURTON!
IRONCHEF
+385|6525|Northern California

Phantom2828 wrote:

we went for other reasons the main one was that we got inteligence from all these diffent countrys including russia britan and the U.N that saddam had wmds,
Wow, I'd love for you to produce one citation for that claim.  Or did you mean that JUST brittain provided "intelligence" that saddam had wmds?  We already know Chalabi (the pretend defector) lied about weapons labs, and that was the main criteria.  Other than that, Brittain put out a dossier for war against saddam based on their faked intel.  OTHER COUNTRIES played no part in that.  Lay off the Limbaugh pal.
Sone
i piss excellence
+22|6558|Houston (Spring), TX

CameronPoe wrote:

I suggest you shut your mouth.  Like someone up the thread said: go play BF2 and stop posting anti-american posts you fucktard.

Thanks.
13rin
+977|6513

CameronPoe wrote:

Bah.. This is old recycled news.  It first broke over 2 years ago in 2004 contained in the 911 commission report.  Yet another example of the left wing media trying to smear.

I don't think Bush ever used an Al Qaeda - Saddam link as a reason for war.  After the war, Al Qaeda and the Taliban went to Iraq.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6590

Phantom2828 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Cameron I pitty you bush even came out and said that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 please cut the shit, we went for other reasons the main one was that we got inteligence from all these diffent countrys including russia britan and the U.N that saddam had wmds, we also went to liberate the people, now I know you are going to say "thats not a valid exuse for military action!" well I find this funny because liberals like yourself justified millitary action soley on humanitarian grounds.
How dare you associate me with 'liberals like yourself'. Your knowledge of what kind of an individual I am is no doubt weak at best. 'Justified military action' in Iraq? Me? Please. I was 100% dead against as soon as I could see that it was coming in the autumn before hostilities when the bullshit starting to flow in the UN.

My qualm is with people who argue their pro-Iraq war points drawing on Iraq-Al Qaeda links as some kind of qualification of the war there, which it obviously was not and certainly is not after the publication of this report. I like the way you choose to 'blame' Russia and the UK on the gross mistake the leaders of YOUR country committed. How convenient. Nice way to shirk taking responsibility for your actions.
Bunn-Gee
+7|6499

CameronPoe wrote:

First, this information is several years old.  It's just reported AGAIN as one side tries to change the news topics.

Second, what do you suggest we do?  Perhaps we should strip the Iraqi citizens of the constitution they have created, remove their military from their control (it was transfered back to them earlier this wee), take Saddam out of jail, put him back as president and then give the Iraqi military back to him?

Seriously, offer some solutions.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

Sone wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I suggest you shut your mouth.  Like someone up the thread said: go play BF2 and stop posting anti-american posts you fucktard.

Thanks.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

He can post what he wants and it's there unless a moderator doesn't like it, and you don't look like a moderator to me.
Bunn-Gee
+7|6499

CameronPoe wrote:

Phantom2828 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

How dare you associate me with 'liberals like yourself'. Your knowledge of what kind of an individual I am is no doubt weak at best. 'Justified military action' in Iraq? Me? Please. I was 100% dead against as soon as I could see that it was coming in the autumn before hostilities when the bullshit starting to flow in the UN.

My qualm is with people who argue their pro-Iraq war points drawing on Iraq-Al Qaeda links as some kind of qualification of the war there, which it obviously was not and certainly is not after the publication of this report. I like the way you choose to 'blame' Russia and the UK on the gross mistake the leaders of YOUR country committed. How convenient. Nice way to shirk taking responsibility for your actions.
When they come to cut off your head don't come crying to us.....deal?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6590

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I don't think Bush ever used an Al Qaeda - Saddam link as a reason for war.  After the war, Al Qaeda and the Taliban went to Iraq.
That is untrue DB. I clearly remember, from seeing with my own eyes, instances on TV from the pre-war phase where Rumsfeld, Powell and possibly Bush himself insinuated that their were links there. I'll try and dig up links.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
I saw this one cartoon once I really enjoyed. It said "75% of troops believe they're in Iraq because Saddam did 9/11. This leads me to believe that 75% of troops are complete idiots/"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard