dubbs
+105|6633|Lexington, KY

MECtallica wrote:

I was commander, originally got 180 points, seriously, anyone see this as unfair?

and another thing, infantry only is basically support only, everyone spams nades, and or claymores>_<

Inf only needs to be UNRANKED

or 1/2 points, something
I have to say that you are lying.  Your last update was at 5ish EST, you posted at 1ish so that should have given the servers enough time to update, and your best round would be 180.  Seems that the 2X either does not work in IO servers, or you were not a commander. 

http://bf2s.com/player/73905142/

BTW, I also checked BF2Player just to make for sure.
Godhatch
+5|6611

dubbs wrote:

MECtallica wrote:

I was commander, originally got 180 points, seriously, anyone see this as unfair?

and another thing, infantry only is basically support only, everyone spams nades, and or claymores>_<

or 1/2 points, something
I have to say that you are lying.  Your last update was at 5ish EST, you posted at 1ish so that should have given the servers enough time to update, and your best round would be 180.  Seems that the 2X either does not work in IO servers, or you were not a commander. 

ooooooo burn
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6494
I wouldn't play IO, yeah being hunted by armour gets annoying. But it's fun jihadding them and then watching the comments roll in.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6570

MECtallica wrote:

[...]

or 1/2 points, something
I got all my best rounds on vehicle servers with less players, if infantry only is an unfair advantage then they're too. If i would share your "logic" i would like to see every server unranked.

Maybe it'll stop all those whining and regularly recurring brainfarts.
sagevalentine
+0|6669
All the maps are fun just find one you like and play i guess thats why EA has tried to give you a bit of everything.

Last edited by sagevalentine (2006-09-08 08:47:13)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

I never intend to play IO. The game includes vehicles of all descriptions and I intend to get my monies worth by taking advantage of everything the game has to offer in one package - not by fucking about with a mode for pussies which takes out the main part of the game.

You all do what you want, earn 300+ points per round. Theres no skill and just a totally long and boring round. Have fun.
ToiletTrooper
+25|6777|WC
Ur an idiot, it MUST be ranked!
Netsfear
+5|6443
Just a point, the IO rounds seem to last alot longer so depending on how good you are, you could score the same amount of points over many rounds rather than one long round
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6454|Cambridge, UK

Snake wrote:

I never intend to play IO. The game includes vehicles of all descriptions and I intend to get my monies worth by taking advantage of everything the game has to offer in one package - not by fucking about with a mode for pussies which takes out the main part of the game.

You all do what you want, earn 300+ points per round. Theres no skill and just a totally long and boring round. Have fun.
No skill?? Why? Your just doing the normal thing of bad mouthin something that you just dont like playing! fair enough to to like it but the real reason you dont like it is surely you love playing armor.

Im already bored with it (would have loved a no attack aircraft, tank option - but with no transport to much running running running) - but if others like - yay - good for them!

Oh and you say get your monies worth? in that case shouldnt you play all availble options?

Last edited by KylieTastic (2006-09-08 11:52:32)

MECtallica
+73|6506|jalalabad

dubbs wrote:

MECtallica wrote:

or 1/2 points, something

Ya lol K.
Im lying yep, I jumped from 5900 points to 6200 something,

http://bf2s.com/player/73905142/history/Score/ check it some time.

You know the servers dont update when theyre supposed to sometimes
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6698|Germany

Snake wrote:

https://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l232/MajorBlindfisch/applausesmall7pe.gif+1
samfink
+31|6557
actuyally, there is one map that is potentially a lotb etter w/o vehicles other than boars- Wake island. as then all the fighting is on the ground, notover the carrier.
ThePunisher_ITA_
+59|6604

Snake wrote:

You MUSt have a +1 from me!
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6753
IO is slow because EA made lame changes in gameplay and movement which slowed the game down a lot. I agree, they had to get rid of prone spamming but they could do it in a different way.
Anyway there are plenty not IO servers, so I don't really care if someone wants to be an IO points whore or someone likes J-10. BF2 is f-ed up anyway... sad.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-09-08 12:41:31)

Wojo97civic
+5|6452
IO is the way ea said good bye to support for bf2...they basically made stat padding legal now
mgjunner
Banned
+11|6535

MECtallica wrote:

dubbs wrote:

MECtallica wrote:

or 1/2 points, something

Ya lol K.
Im lying yep, I jumped from 5900 points to 6200 something,

http://bf2s.com/player/73905142/history/Score/ check it some time.

You know the servers dont update when theyre supposed to sometimes
jumping from 5941 to 6231  isnt even 300 points.
JohnnyBlanco
+44|6572|England

Snake wrote:

IO rocks, your just pissed cos your too shit to take advantage. lmao, noooooooooooob.
HolmWrecker
+2|6711|Nibiru

Snake wrote:

Pretty dam close to how I'd have said it. Why use a limited version? Part of the wussification of our young men...do everything the 'easy' way. Pfftt!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

JohnnyBlanco wrote:

Snake wrote:

IO rocks, your just pissed cos your too shit to take advantage. lmao, noooooooooooob.
So, let me get this straight. Im too shit to take advantage of a mode that allows massive point gain compared to a normal game? Yet I have a 2.5SPM from playing mainly non city maps? Without the overuse of jets and helis I might add.
Oh, Im sorry, am I really too shit to double click and join a server to "take advantage" of a mode of medics, support players and snipers battling it out over grenades, claymores and revive scores? In that case, I must be really bad at this game. I must have no skill at all. Oh wait a minute, sarcasm? Or is that too big a word for you?
A 1 hour round on Infantry Only has given someone 300+ points. And that person is not alone.
1 hours worth of rounds medic whoring on stat pad central, otherwise known as karkand, will give you about 200-250points if you are a true whore, assuming a 64man server that is full up.

And is "noooooooob" really the best insult you can give me? Come on, try harder. Learn to spell properly and try insulting me with something other than an internet gaming phrase. "noooooooob" really is a term used by fucked up, tossfaced pricks who spend too long pretending they are "l1ke s000000 pr000 n stuff". Judging by your stats, you cant play anything other than city maps, let alone get an SPM as high as mine or even the KDR to back it up.

I will, for once, bring myself down to your level and call you a "n...". Hold on, Ill try again. You sir, are a "noooo". Shit. One more time. "nooo...".
Wait a minute, I cant stoop this low. Ive never been down to a level as low as this before. In fact, I will leave it at that. Normally I will insult people to my hearts desire, but you are on such a low level, you are not even worth any more effort or my own time.

Oh, and P.S. Eat shit and die.

Oh, and on a lighter note - thanks to ppl who have given me +1
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6462

Longbow wrote:

IO is slow & boring , as I respected... I'm already sick of it , most of servers are running IO .
not at all, IO is great, was playing Jalalalabad last night and it was amazing, teamwork was good aswell, and, that game was defiently NOT slow.
8ball
+1|6742
the ppl that dont like infantry only are vehicle whores
course they're not going to like IO,
because they're useless without a jet/tank etc
LT.Victim
+1,175|6564|British Columbia, Canada

R3v4n wrote:

Imagine IO Wake - lol
I'm guessing Chinese still wins even without the J-10..
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6620|Manitowoc, WI

Snake wrote:

And is "noooooooob" really the best insult you can give me? Come on, try harder. Learn to spell properly and try insulting me with something other than an internet gaming phrase. "noooooooob" really is a term used by fucked up, tossfaced pricks who spend too long pretending they are "l1ke s000000 pr000 n stuff". Judging by your stats, you cant play anything other than city maps, let alone get an SPM as high as mine or even the KDR to back it up.
Though, I personally like IO servers,  I do agree with this part. 

But this is how I think of IO servers, let others do what they want, if you do care that they are getting inflated points, well, BF2 isn't going to be around a whole lot longer so stats aren't as big of a deal.  I don't care a whole lot about stats, but I do enough that when I play the way I think is fun, I want to be able to rank up from it.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6592|Reisterstown, MD

I am having the most fun I have had in a while in these Infantry Only servers.  I score relatively good but I am not concerned with that.  It is just a lot of fun to see who is good with a gun and who has to rely on a vehicle for their k/d.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6629|Warlord
Personally, I like no-vehicle mode because for the last few months I've been killed more by artillery, helicopters and armour than everything else, and I was looking forward to taking a break from that. That's what IO is: a change of pace for those that want it.

MECtallica wrote:

That's not an everyday thing.

Remember some people could already score 200-400 playing 64-player Karkand with a low player load without trying hard. My high-round score for Kark is from just this, the only reason I don't do it more is I just don't like really long rounds that go back and forth endlessly (good for when you need the round to last long enough to get enough kills for a badge, but otherwise I find it a bit boring).

MECtallica wrote:

Actually on the right map I see it as a sniper's dream, but medics are sure trying to take the prize!

R3v4n wrote:

Imagine IO Wake - lol
Actually it's awesome, and not as hard as I'd thought for the US to get a foothold. Remember they can spawn on the artillery island and get in a boat immediately, the Chinese have to leg it from the nearest spawns on the two wings.

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

I see more teamwork now than before and better strategies being used in firefights.
Yeah. More people squading up too, from my early impression. But goddamn I wish you could still squad hop when dead!

dubbs wrote:

I have to say that you are lying.  Your last update was at 5ish EST, you posted at 1ish so that should have given the servers enough time to update....
Actually I don't think the servers have updated for a while.

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

IO is slow because EA made lame changes in gameplay and movement which slowed the game down a lot.
Sorry, you do realise that there's more sprint now, right? Lots more. The only reason the actual play is slower is that you have to hoof it everywhere; that's pretty much it.

HolmWrecker wrote:

Part of the wussification of our young men...do everything the 'easy' way. Pfftt!
Try it. See if you think it's easy to advance over open territory toward twenty snipers who have medic support and a commander paying attention

LT.Victim wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

Imagine IO Wake - lol
I'm guessing Chinese still wins even without the J-10..
All the defending forces have an inherent advantage. It's the same on Sharqi and Jalalabad. The invading force can win of course, but it's an uphill struggle if the other team are decent.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard