DaRQueSToRM
+0|6509|Knoxville, Tenn USA
Also,  the ribbon bugs are still there.  I only show 20 ribbons in BFHQ, missing 4 ribbons.  Plus when I get my last 4 ribbons they will show up top, but not at the bottom.  PLus you still can't click on your ribbons.  Also, favorites is still messed up.
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6550
Had a server crash on me just now.  And you can still cartillery people, you just can't drop em on rooftops.
Flyboy63
+8|6674|South Australia
I still get the 'problem with your connection' message occassionally & had 1 or 2 CTD's on joining a server during several hours playing yesterday, but on the whole the patch seems to have fixed a LOT of problems & has been worth the wait. The commander 'spotting bug' is a new one.

If they fix the 'problem with your connection' message the game will be almost perfect in its current state.

Last edited by Flyboy63 (2006-09-07 16:35:35)

ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6555|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
No, there are new bugs.  In addition to still crashing at the join game screen, I once crashed at a round end.  EA didnt fix shit and nerfed infantry combat.  TY EA...
ICExMikey
+1|6518

sergeriver wrote:

JaMrulezass wrote:

EA and Dice are shit at coding, like nearly 99% of all BF2S regiestered forum users said, the upside of patch 1.4 are bugs fixed, the down side however is there more bugs! Muahahah.

To solve 1 problem, EA/Dice has to create another 15. Do u agree?
OMG, stop posting this topcis for once.  What is your problem with the patch, it works fine, let's see:
FIXED:
-Crash servers issue    FIXED
-CTD's FIXED
-Red tag issue FIXED
-Mother Fucker Bunny Hoppers FIXED
-Dolphin Diving FIXED
-Hotel Glitch FIXED
ADDED:
-Infantry Only
-Road to Jalalabad
And that's the major fixes and adds, there're a lot more.
Why do you guys keep bitching at Dice if they fixed all the problems BF2 gad since 1.3 and before?
I'm fucking tired of reading these shitty threads, if don't like the game go play another one.  There're a lot out there for you.  Grow up.
since 1.4

ive seen our clan server crash
i just had a ctd
i can still bunny hop
i saw someone claim and demonstrate a dolpin diving workaround

plus errors in system displaying bogus kills that dont happen
spottin enemys not working occasionally

and to someone elses response, yes it does seem like noob toob was nerfed a tad. my L95 was quite inaccurate as well.

someone else stated they had alot more lag. i have as well. my normal 30 ping spikes up to 600 in nearly every game since patch.

Last edited by ICExMikey (2006-09-07 19:17:04)

Jbrar
rawr
+86|6512|Winterpeg, Canada
I've gotten a few ctd during the middle of rounds. And also this new bug that i've encountered almost every round i've played where it won't let me spot. Like i'll press q and left click, but there's no message or sound. Have also seen many guys who have found a workaround for the pronespamming and shooting (and it's not crouch spamming). But other than that I don't give a crap about what they do.

Last edited by Jbrar (2006-09-07 19:12:06)

Mudguts
+1|6462

DaRQueSToRM wrote:

I have crashed to the deskstop twice when spawning.
Me too, those unaffected should think themselves lucky, we're not making shit up...

Has anyone had a problem with the TOW coming out of the tube ~3 seconds after firing? (the sound works but no missile) This was in Jalalabad if it makes a difference...
cospengle
+140|6457|Armidale, NSW, Australia

LionEyez wrote:

I thought I was the only one not being able to spot things. As if somehow my mouse click didnt register. I first (and only now that I think about it) noticed on Jalalabad.

Another strange thing, yet not uncommon, was the inability for either side to create squads. Until sometime later in the game someone switched sides and was suddenly able to form one. Annoying bug imo..

As for the prone thing, i didnt notice it right away but its definately there slowing you down in a way that feels somehow unrealistic. I too experienced moments (perhaps after a short jump) where i stood face to face and simply couldn't fire, and subsequently died because the other one could.

And then there are the low walls/sandbags. I can shoot ok with a pistol as long as I unload fast and duck, then come back up as the enemy stops shooting. It's not exploiting so much as just ducking whenever I'm empty or taking damage, well last night I had a fire fight like this which was probably spaced apart only a few meters (sandbags at the first USMC Cappable flag in jalalabad) but lying down and getting back up and actually being able to fire took us both so long it must have looked really really stupid.

Somehow the guy I'm controlling feels heavier n slower, less able to get his gun at the ready fast. I never actively exploited the system, but as for getting up fast and diving behind cover...well, thats sure become hard.

As someone in the =SAaR= server put it: "They've made it easier for the noobs, since they stand still anyway"
That's a good summary of what I was going to say. I suppose the stand-up delay will just take a bit of getting used to, especially playing support because I'm prone more often.

The non-click thing is a more serious problem I think, whether it's spotting or firing. I wonder if it's just some people getting it due to their configuration or brand of mouse etc. I've only played a little since the patch so I can't yet say how often it happens to me, but often enough for me to notice (i.e. too often).

Other than that it's a vast improvement on 1.3, but that's not saying much.
DSRTurtle
+56|6656

Mudguts wrote:

DaRQueSToRM wrote:

I have crashed to the deskstop twice when spawning.
Me too, those unaffected should think themselves lucky, we're not making shit up...

Has anyone had a problem with the TOW coming out of the tube ~3 seconds after firing? (the sound works but no missile) This was in Jalalabad if it makes a difference...
I had that problem in an earlier patch.  But I never had that problem in 1.3.  Not only was it with the TOW launcher, but the AT Rocket as well.   

I've not seen it in 1.4 yet, but who knows. 

The servers are no longer crashing, but kicking everyone or almost everyone for "high ping" at times.  I'm not sure what is causing that as I haven't experienced it.  Depending on the server i'm in, my ping from 30 to 150 when I check it.  If you look you will see that I have been kicked a total of 17 times.  Atleast 10 of those are from high pings.  The others idiots causing me to tk them through stupidity or someother unknown reason.

The BFHQ is still bugged.  You can't click on the ribbons.  Also I've got 4 SF ribbons, but only 3 show up in the BFHQ. 

I've not had any problems with going prone and getting up, but then I was using the AT rockets to shoot tanks so I was waiting to reloat the AT rocket before standing up to shoot again. 

Cartillery is still possible, but the changes to the vehicle drop are definately helpful.

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-09-08 08:19:18)

Zefar
+116|6619|Sweden

Rec(+)n wrote:

is it just me or does it seem like the grenade launchers do less damage, especially the m203?
Nope, it's been nerfed quite a lot. Before it had like 75% of the blast radius of a grenade now it have 20% or way less because you have to be spot on to even get a chance of killing the opponent. Sucks doesn't it. Completely destroyed the Assault kit imo.
At least they could make the blast radius a little bit bigger. >.>

And lately I havn't had any problems with the patch unlike with the 1.3 patch which gave me fatal error, dc, and being kicked out of server a lot of times.

Not only that I can alt tab way faster now than I could before. Normally I didn't see the red name bug happen so often and when it did I could still tell if he was my own friend.
JaMrulezass
+47|6435|Hong Kong

sergeriver wrote:

JaMrulezass wrote:

EA and Dice are shit at coding, like nearly 99% of all BF2S regiestered forum users said, the upside of patch 1.4 are bugs fixed, the down side however is there more bugs! Muahahah.

OMG, stop posting this topcis for once.  What is your problem with the patch, it works fine, let's see:
FIXED:
-CTD's FIXED
-Red tag issue FIXED
-Dolphin Diving FIXED
-Hotel Glitch FIXED
ADDED:
-Infantry Only
-Road to Jalalabad
Why do you guys keep bitching at Dice if they fixed all the problems BF2 gad since 1.3 and before?
I'm fucking tired of reading these shitty threads, if don't like the game go play another one.  There're a lot out there for you.  Grow up.
NGG!!! WRONG!
Crash servers issue    STILL HAPPENS OFTEN
-CTD's STILL HAPPENS OFTEN
-Red tag issue STILL HAPPENS
-Mother Fucker Bunny Hoppers NOT FIXED, BH IS STILL POSSIBLE, I CAN DO IT
-Dolphin Diving PEOPLE CAN STILL DO THIS
-Hotel Glitch POSSIBLE WITH 4-5 ENGINEERS

you are wrong my friend....
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6422|Cambridge, UK

sergeriver wrote:

-Red tag issue FIXED
Maybe less but I've seen....

But 1.4 defo better in all counts (no CTD for me; no real change in gameplay; love the new map; IO will be cool every now and then)

.... I can live with a bit of red tag issue (I should have been paiyng more attention to the radar)
k9transfer
+22|6628
Everything is worth the fact that the first day of the patch, and still occasionally, I get to blast on someone still trying to prone spam and not realizing they can't shoot back. It makes me LOL!
Tunacommy
+56|6590|Massachusetts, USA
I have had a "rank tag" problem.....sometimes I show as a private in the game, sometimes my normal rank.  Never loose the unlocks or anything....just show up in the game as a private!?!?  never happened before, no it happens every other time I boot up the game.
JaMrulezass
+47|6435|Hong Kong
You were playing in an unrakened server? Players in unranked are shown as privates.
Tunacommy
+56|6590|Massachusetts, USA

JaMrulezass wrote:

You were playing in an unrakened server? Players in unranked are shown as privates.
no - everyone else had ranks....there were a few others ranks as privates in there a well - but figured they either had the same problem, or they just got the game.
dubbs
+105|6602|Lexington, KY

diglow~Flow wrote:

only one i stumbled onto is when you got to click "Enemy Spotted" (When hitting Q). it dont seem to work sometimes i can just sit there hitting it and nothing.
Happened to me in 1.3. 

I have called for UAV, and do not see UAV when the AI says that it was placed when playing single player.

Edit:  I have also noticed that unlocks are not usable in unranked or single player still.

Last edited by dubbs (2006-09-08 09:37:38)

-TAC^Opie-
+2|6776
One of my favorite fixes is that pressing escape to get out of loading a match that sux no longer results in 45 minutes of "Unloading Resources."  One press and bang, you're out.
dalexa
+4|6576|portugal

-TAC^Opie- wrote:

One of my favorite fixes is that pressing escape to get out of loading a match that sux no longer results in 45 minutes of "Unloading Resources."  One press and bang, you're out.
what? they learn how to make a memory dump?
markH262
+0|6620
Screw you guys who say "there's no problem"!  There is a fucking problem with the 1.4 patch. I'm not a dolphin diver and I don't see an issue with the prone issue. The problem is the double and triple ping from great servers I've played on before that were all under 100 are now 2-3x the ping. When I look at the maps with the med and large map filter on there were maybe a few maps over 1000 ping. Now there are literally hundreds over 1000 ping. Even on the low ping servers (<100) I constantly get "there is a problem with your connection". I've checked my connection AND my system and there is no problem. I get in a tank or plane and it's so gittery that you can't drive or fly straight without running into something. Everytime I'm near a wall or building and turn one way the server turns me a different way.

I've been trying to play for the last few days and it's becoming unbearable and frustrating!!!!
golgoj4
+51|6744|North Hollywood

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Kanye North wrote:

I don't agree. I'm fine with the patch. stop bitching, and play.
Just because you're fine with the patch doesn't mean others are.
And thats why its a democracy.

Of course the other part of that is that you can CHOOSE not to play...
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6510|The Lost Highway
I installed 1.4 yesterday, and ever since, bf2 has lagged like crazy.

I don't know if anyone else is having this probelom.
REDARMYMIKE
+7|6476|St. Louis
FWIW, i've had 0 problems with 1.4

but i only had RARE problems with 1.3 anyway.

don't get me wrong, im not commending EA/DICE on the job they've done, but as someone said in another thread, i'd bet 50% of the 'patch problems' people encounter are due to poor pc maintenance than anything else.
Skexis
+6|6429

diglow~Flow wrote:

only one i stumbled onto is when you got to click "Enemy Spotted" (When hitting Q). it dont seem to work sometimes i can just sit there hitting it and nothing.
I was wondering about that, but I figured maybe because I was trying to spot too quickly and didn't prss the key well enough.

It's happened more and more since I installed 1.4, though. Annoying, especially for a guy like myself who lives on spotting stuff for teamies.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6550|England

JaMrulezass wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

JaMrulezass wrote:

FIXED:
-CTD's FIXED
-Red tag issue FIXED
-Dolphin Diving FIXED
-Hotel Glitch FIXED
ADDED:
-Infantry Only
-Road to Jalalabad
NGG!!! WRONG!
Crash servers issue    STILL HAPPENS OFTEN
-CTD's STILL HAPPENS OFTEN
-Red tag issue STILL HAPPENS
-Mother Fucker Bunny Hoppers NOT FIXED, BH IS STILL POSSIBLE, I CAN DO IT
-Dolphin Diving PEOPLE CAN STILL DO THIS
-Hotel Glitch POSSIBLE WITH 4-5 ENGINEERS

you are wrong my friend....
Well thats well short of the 15 new bugs you mentioned and it also looks like well below the 99% of forums users haveing problems .Personally i think your full of shit .

Like i said before since new patch i and many others have had no problems at all .

Last edited by Knight`UK (2006-09-12 02:31:49)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard