Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6776|the middle of nowhere
I was thinking about maybe getting an Xbox and Halo 2 because I already have Halo 1 on the PC. Does anyone else have an Xbox??? I really just have one question. Do you need Xbox Live to play online?? Or can you just plug in your Xbox to your modem???
Jedikiah
+6|6468
Xbox is fair.. Halo was pretty good. but I find it cuts into my sniper time on Sharqi a bit too much for me..

and yes, you need xbox live to play online...

https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/0/jedikiah.png
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6685|The darkside of Denver
Get a 360. i love it like i love my pc
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6651|Quebec city, Canada
You can use Xbconnect, a service created by players like you and me and it works well and you need a router and its free. But I cant tell you more about the service, ive never tried it because i dont have a router, my pc is directly connected to my modem

Halo 2 is cool  but I dont know if its worth the purchase of an xbox...
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6746|California

save up and wait until PS3 comes out, at that time of year, Microsoft (if they are smart) will lower their prices alot, thus crushing Sony's share of the market.

plus with an Xbox360 you can get Halo 3 & Resident Evil 5 when it comes out.
unless you are a killzone fan, like myself , then get a PS3
jickes
+5|6468|Baltimore MD
ps3 will be great except for the 600 dollar price and 100 dollar a peice games... although these are just rumors i have heard. also the new nintendo WII will be pretty good from reviews i have read. since playstation stole the idea for the motion controller.. but thats my opinion and you know what they say there like lol.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6746|California

jickes wrote:

ps3 will be great except for the 600 dollar price and 100 dollar a peice games... although these are just rumors i have heard. also the new nintendo WII will be pretty good from reviews i have read. since playstation stole the idea for the motion controller.. but thats my opinion and you know what they say there like lol.
$100 myth has be debunked. But lets sidestep for a moment. $600 will be the cheapest Blu-Ray disc player on the market by a good margin
Stags
+26|6682
All games I've seen listed are $60.  A few will be more expensive but probably because they offere something on top of it instead of just a game.

I don't think getting an Xbox for H2 is worth it, H2 is fun but I find Halo more fun and interesting plot and gameplay wise (say for duel-wield/swords).

Also, if you like Killzone then get a PS3   Or if you are an Old School Warhawk fan like me.
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6672|Nova Scotia

-=raska=- wrote:

You can use Xbconnect, a service created by players like you and me and it works well and you need a router and its free. But I cant tell you more about the service, ive never tried it because i dont have a router, my pc is directly connected to my modem
XBC works with a router.  It isn't bad (it's free, how can it be bad?) but it's 95% halo and halo 2, with very little of anything else ever being played.

Resident Evil 5 is coming out for the 360???

To the original question:  I wouldn't bother getting an Xbox for Halo 2.  Get a 360, on which Halo 2 works fine
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6672|Nova Scotia

stryyker wrote:

save up and wait until PS3 comes out, at that time of year, Microsoft (if they are smart) will lower their prices alot, thus crushing Sony's share of the market.
It beeeeeeggggiiiiiiinnnnssss!!!

360 Price Drop

....and two games added for a limited time only.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6728
XBox live is crap. It's laggy, buggy and full of American 10 year olds with high-pitched voices who swear at you CONSTANTLY.

It's also too expensive.
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6672|Nova Scotia
While it is filled with young un's, my xbox has never lagged online (although I've only used XBC, not Xbox live).
It is too expensive.  Hopefully they drop the cost for online (haha, yeah right) when Sony and Nintendo release their free versions.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard