AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6798|Seattle, WA

jonsimon wrote:

And assault rifles are banned in the US.
Once again jonsi, you have no idea what you are talking about, if we're talking about true assault rifles, which I hope we are, which are fully automatic capable or rifles less than 16" SBR, etc, )Class II/III weapons are certainly NOT banned, (except in some states, ie Kommifornia).

If you don't know what you are talking about I suggest just not saying anything at all m8.  It just makes you look dumb.  Assault rifles are NOT banned in the U.S.  You just can't buy them without a lot of paperwork and a lot of money...........Unless you are a criminal..........
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6798|Seattle, WA

jonsimon wrote:

phnxfrhwk wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

If your point is that a gun is an inanimate object, then you are preaching to the choir here, friend.

Was there another point you were trying to prove as well?
How does an inanimate object kill people?
By piercing the skin, leading to profuse bleeding and eventual oxygen depravation to the brain. A task bullets are commonly found purpetrating.
Yes but it is someone's behavior that controls that jonsi, it doesn't do it by itself, try proving that wrong.  Pfffft.  Most deaths from bullet wounds are not from eventual oxygen depravation to the brain unless the entry is near the neck or head.  More often than not it is because of a severed or damaged major artery, or other arterial systems and loss of blood from heart, or a hit to the CNS (spine, brain, etc).  Once again, you're talking about something you know little about.

Last edited by AlbertWesker[RE] (2006-09-06 21:50:14)

ts-pulsar
+54|6657
OK, I'l admit I'm a little drunk at the moment (ok really drunk) but I can honestly say I would rather be shot by a 9mm than be stabbed.

I really have no idea why this is relavent.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6798|Seattle, WA

ts-pulsar wrote:

OK, I'l admit I'm a little drunk at the moment (ok really drunk) but I can honestly say I would rather be shot by a 9mm than be stabbed.

I really have no idea why this is relavent.
It hurts more to be stabbed i'm told, I've neither been shot nor stabbed, but come close the first one a couple of times.  Good times!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6805|USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

lowlife gang bangers piss their pants and run to momma when they see a flash of steel in their direction.
Or the nice pleasant sound of a round chambered in a Remington 870 pump action shotgun!! hehehehehe
imortal
+240|6819|Austin, TX

jonsimon wrote:

phnxfrhwk wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

If your point is that a gun is an inanimate object, then you are preaching to the choir here, friend.

Was there another point you were trying to prove as well?
By piercing the skin, leading to profuse bleeding and eventual oxygen depravation to the brain. A task bullets are commonly found purpetrating.
The intent of this argument was, I believe, to show you that guns and bullets, in and of themselves, have no danger of, desire to, intent, or evil plan to hurt or kill you.  It is all due to the competence, inteligence, and intent of the person carrying the firearm.  It is a person that provides an intent.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6983|Grapevine, TX

basetballjones wrote:

Registered firearm owners are generally not criminals.

Criminals steal or purchase their firearms on the black market.

Conversely, criminals knowing that citizens are armed is a deterent.
QFE. Again, QFE.
Vartan
+10|6897|Belgium
Why are you complaining? (to original poster)

ANyways, I watched this a few days ago and it opened my eyes to a certain extend (I still think guns should be banned EVERYWHERE in a country)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … and+teller
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6681|Portland, OR USA
guns as with anything are a tool.  As with any tool, said tool can be used for a nearly infinite number of potential endpoints.

To the original comment, I would question how gun ownership is defined.  If (as was mentioned earlier) it is simply a list of all registered firearms, then I would point to that as the reason for having little to no correlation to crime rate.  Those likely to commit crimes involving a firearm are not very likely to register said firearm before comitting said crime.

An armed populous as a deterent is valid to a point, but just as often (if not more-so) the armed citizen is disarmed by the more experienced criminal and then subject to the business end of his own self-defense.
jonsimon
+224|6649

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

phnxfrhwk wrote:

Yes but it is someone's behavior that controls that jonsi, it doesn't do it by itself, try proving that wrong.  Pfffft.  Most deaths from bullet wounds are not from eventual oxygen depravation to the brain unless the entry is near the neck or head.  More often than not it is because of a severed or damaged major artery, or other arterial systems and loss of blood from heart, or a hit to the CNS (spine, brain, etc).  Once again, you're talking about something you know little about.
Sorry wesker, but when you bleed to death, the cause of death is actually oxygen depravation of the brain. Think about it. The brain relies more heavily on oxygen than any other chemical resource. Blood is the only means of transport for oxygen as a resource to tissues of the body. Therefore, when the brain loses its blood supply, it loses its oxygen supply and dies. Apparantly I know more about the subject than you do.

Yes, it requires mutual cooperation between the weapon and the user and while the weapon alone does not kill, the user alone cannot kill either. Thus, guns enable people to kill, and can be found as a direct cause for the killing.

Last edited by jonsimon (2006-09-07 12:33:58)

AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6798|Seattle, WA

jonsimon wrote:

Sorry wesker, but when you bleed to death, the cause of death is actually oxygen depravation of the brain..
Sure sure, ok fine whatever, I still don't think it is to the brain though, that doesn't sound right....maybe long term bleeding sure.....but cardiac arrest sounds a lot more common, or what I've read.  But I'm interested why you completely dodged your assault rifle claim and that they are just straight banned....I'll admit to not knowing about the oxygen deprivation if you admit that you haven't the damndest clue what you were talking about when you said that. 
jonsimon
+224|6649

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Sorry wesker, but when you bleed to death, the cause of death is actually oxygen depravation of the brain..
Sure sure, ok fine whatever, I still don't think it is to the brain though, that doesn't sound right....maybe long term bleeding sure.....but cardiac arrest sounds a lot more common, or what I've read.  But I'm interested why you completely dodged your assault rifle claim and that they are just straight banned....I'll admit to not knowing about the oxygen deprivation if you admit that you haven't the damndest clue what you were talking about when you said that. 
To clarify, death is the cessation of neural activity, the brain has to lose function before you can truely be 'dead'. This is why any disruption in the circulatory system is actually an indirect cause of death.

As for the assault rifles, I was pretty sure any and all automatic weapons were banned in the US, and that bans were in place on many qualities of weapons like silencers and certain types of stocks. I know that truely not all assault rifles are banned, but they must all be modified to remove their capability for automatic fire. Plus they're really difficult to come by. And I do know that at events on military firing ranges a medly of automatic weapons are allowed, by I'm not aware who provides them or under what conditions. Effectively, however, assault rifles are banned, and if all firearms were as difficult to procure as assault rifles, hammers would kill more people than pistols too.
IRONCHEF
+385|6645|Northern California

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Ok fellas, we made a lot of process on the Concealed Weapons thread, so answer this one and only question, no offshoots on religion, or politics, or namecalling (I've had just about enough of that).  Just read the question and respond.

The FBI has reported that in the previous years, 1991-2004, that Rape is down 24%, Aggravated assault is down 33%, Murder is down 44%, and Robbery is down 50%.

Also the FBI has previously reported that Violent crime has been way down from 1991-2004.  Gun ownership and the number of firearms in the U.S. is now at an ALL TIME HIGH.

My one and only question for those of you who say guns create crime or such other subject:

How can crime be this far down and still going down when firearm ownership and the amount of firearms are on the rise???

If you don't answer this question, I WILL NOT RESPOND TO YOU.  (Smart ass remarks will only make you look stupid)
I believe there are so many variables to this question that any answer cannot address the question.  Further, the question assumes that said crimes are down because of gun ownership.  Assuming this is the first error.  I would believe that there's more realistic reasons such as awareness, vigilence, preparedness (we could find out if more people are taking self defense, tai-bo, popular jiu jitsu and capoeira courses, etc)..then firearms as a deterrent.  These crimes may also be on the downward slope due to economic reasons -- generally.  For example, if more potential criminals had more money from their jobs (or their illegal sources of income), perhaps there's better alternatives than robbing or burglary.  When families stress about cash flow, more desperate times accompany those families and things happen.  The 90's were a great time for everyone financially, maybe the economic view is applicable.

Anyway, I'm a proponent of bearing firearms..even concealed ones.  But I don't think lower crime has anything to do with a criminal's fear of robbing/attacking someone because theyhave weapons.  Such a criminal will simply move on..just as they do when they survey a parking lot and see a blinking light or otherwise difficulty in breaking into a vehicle.  Once EVERYONE has the blinking light, the battery kill switch, the lo-jack sticker, etc..THEN the criminal will just improve their technique.  This same analogy applies to gun ownership - crime deterrent, IMHO.

**ALSO**  When you quote uniform crime reports (if that's where you're getting your data), you should site it and link to it because people are not bound to believe your stats.  I have no idea if you're accurate or not when you say gun ownership is on the rise or an all time high.  In fact, I don't believe that, nor do I believe the stats you quoted as being from the FBI.  So citing or backing up your claims is a good idea for a real debate, respectfully, of course.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2006-09-07 12:43:20)

AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6798|Seattle, WA

jonsimon wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

To clarify, death is the cessation of neural activity, the brain has to lose function before you can truely be 'dead'. This is why any disruption in the circulatory system is actually an indirect cause of death.

As for the assault rifles, I was pretty sure any and all automatic weapons were banned in the US, and that bans were in place on many qualities of weapons like silencers and certain types of stocks. I know that truely not all assault rifles are banned, but they must all be modified to remove their capability for automatic fire. Plus they're really difficult to come by. And I do know that at events on military firing ranges a medly of automatic weapons are allowed, by I'm not aware who provides them or under what conditions. Effectively, however, assault rifles are banned, and if all firearms were as difficult to procure as assault rifles, hammers would kill more people than pistols too.
Ok sounds pretty good, semantically speaking I agree with you on the death point, and no automatic weapons ARE NOT banned but they are HEAVILY restricted.....suppresors (no such thing as silencers) are legal in many states, certain type of stocks do not make any rifle an assault rifle.  An assault rifle is ONLY a weapon capable of full auto fire or has a shorter than 16" barrel on a rifle.  You are a little confused on your facts here, so I will lay it out as politely as possible, "they must all be modified to remove their capability for automatic fire" not true, once again, you obviously don't know.  Yes yes the firing events, thats not what I'm talking about.  Assault rifles are not banned friend, you are confusing the Clinton Gun Ban of 94 with other legislation.  The Clinton gun ban did nothing but increase gun related crime and the likes.  Jonsi there is a difference between Clinton's definition of an "assault WEAPON" and true assault rifles.  The former is a term used by the media and those ignorant of actual gun workings.  Assault rifles are only fully automatic weapons and SBR and the like and they are NOT banned.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6798|Seattle, WA

IRONCHEF wrote:

**ALSO**  When you quote uniform crime reports (if that's where you're getting your data), you should site it and link to it because people are not bound to believe your stats.  I have no idea if you're accurate or not when you say gun ownership is on the rise or an all time high.  In fact, I don't believe that, nor do I believe the stats you quoted as being from the FBI.  So citing or backing up your claims is a good idea for a real debate, respectfully, of course.
Nice post, and I have, go back and read one of my longer posts.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6798|Seattle, WA

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

moron/psycho who can't be trusted with a keyboard and an internet connection let alone a weapon.

Can anyone find any gun ownership statistics? Maybe registered American gun owners?
First of all unless your talking about Class III, CCW(CPL,CHL,CWL,etc),etc, than there is no such thing as "registered" gun owners.  Thats a myth. 

Edit: By taking the number of guns and the rough estimate that 1/11 Americans is a gun owner, which is an official estimate, don't remember from where, that puts approximately 24-25 million gun owners in the U.S. + or - 1-2 million (adjusted for error).

Guns.

The number of privately owned guns in the U.S. is at an all-time high. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) estimates that there were about 215 million guns in 1999,1 when the number of new guns was averaging about 4.5 million (about 2%) annually.2 A report for the National Academy of Sciences put the 1999 figure at 258 million.3 According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, there were 60.4 million approved (new and used) NICS firearm transactions between 1994 2004.4 The number of NICS checks for firearm purchases or permits increased 3.2% between 2003-2004.

Gun Owners.

The number of gun owners is also at an all-time high. The U.S. population is at an all-time high (294 million), and rises about 1% annually.5 Numerous surveys over the last 40+ years have found that almost half of all households have at least one gun owner.6 Some surveys since the late 1990s have indicated a smaller incidence of gun ownership,7 probably because of some respondents` concerns about "gun control," residually due, perhaps, to the anti-gun policies of the Clinton Administration.

Right-to-Carry.

The number of RTC states is at an all-time high, up from 10 in 1987 to 38 today.8 In 2004, states with RTC laws, compared to other states, had lower violent crime rates on average. Total violent crime was lower by 21%, murder by 28%, robbery by 43%, and aggravated assault by 13%.9

"Less Gun Control."

Violent crime has declined while many "gun control" laws have been eliminated or made less restrictive. Many states have eliminated prohibitory or restrictive carry laws, in favor of Right-to-Carry laws. The federal Brady Act`s waiting period on handgun sales ended in 1998, in favor of the NRA-supported National Instant Check, and some states thereafter eliminated waiting periods, purchase permit requirements, or other laws delaying gun sales. The federal "assault weapon" ban expired in 2004. All states now have hunter protection laws, 46 have range protection laws, 46 prohibit local jurisdictions from imposing gun laws more restrictive than state law, 44 protect the right to arms in their constitutions, and 33 prohibit frivolous lawsuits against the firearm industry.10

Studies by and for Congress, the Congressional Research Service, the Library of Congress, the National Institute of Justice, the National Academy of Sciences, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and even researchers who support "gun control," have found no evidence that "gun control" reduces crime.11

Crime.

The FBI reports that the nation`s total violent crime rate declined every year between 1991 2004.12 In 2004, the violent crime rate fell to a 30-year low, lower than any time since 1974. The murder rate fell to a 39-year low, lower than any time since 1965. The 2004 robbery and aggravated assault rates were lower than any time since 1968 and 1984, respectively. Since 1991, total violent crime has decreased 39%; murder and non-negligent manslaughter, 44%; rape, 24%; robbery, 50%; and aggravated assault, 33%.13 Between 2003-2004, the violent crime rate declined 2.2%.14 Concurrently, the most recent Bureau of Justice Statistics crime victimization survey found that violent crime is lower than anytime since 1973, when the first such survey was conducted.15
Notes

1. BATF, "Crime Gun Trace Reports (1999) National Report," Nov. 2000, p. ix (www.atf.gov/firearms/ycgii/1999/index.htm).
2. BATF, "Firearms Commerce in the United States 2001/2002" (www.atf.gov/pub/index.htm#Firearms).
3. National Research Council, Firearms and Violence: A Critical Review, National Academies Press, 2005.
4. BJS, "Background Checks for Firearm Transfers, 2004" (http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov./bjs/pub/pdf/bcft04.pdf).
5. Bureau of the Census (http://www.census.gov/popest/states/NST-ann-est.html).
6. Gary Kleck, Targeting Firearms, Aldine de Gruyter, 1997, pp. 94, 98-100.
7. E.g., BJS Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics 2002, Table 2.58, (www.albany.edu/sourcebook/).
8. See NRA RTC fact sheet (within www.nraila.org/Issues/Filter.aspx?ID=003).
9. See FBI, Crime in the United States 2004 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/ucr.htm#cius) for state crime statistics.
10. See NRA-ILA Compendium of State Firearms Laws (www.nraila.org/media/misc/compendium.htm). Also, note that in October 2005, federal legislation prohibiting such lawsuits was signed into law.
11. Federal "assault weapon" ban: Roth, Koper, et al., Impact Evaluation of the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act of 1994, March 13, 1997 (www.urban.org/url.cfm?ID=406797); Reedy and Koper, "Impact of handgun types on gun assault outcomes: a comparison of gun assaults involving semiautomatic pistols and revolvers," Injury Prevention 2003, (http://ip.bmjjournals.com/cgi/reprint/9/2/151); Koper et al., Report to the National Institute of Justice, An Updated Assessment of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban: Impacts on Gun Markets and Gun Violence, 1994-2003, June 2004 (www.sas.upenn.edu/jerrylee/jlc-new/Rese … _final.pdf); Wm. J. Krouse, Congressional Research Service Report for Congress, "Semiautomatic Assault Weapons Ban," Dec. 16, 2004. "Gun control," generally: Library of Congress, Report for Congress: Firearms Regulations in Various Foreign Countries, May 1998, LL98-3, 97-2010; Task Force on Community Preventive Service, "First Reports Evaluating the Effectiveness of Strategies for Preventing Violence: Firearms Laws," Morbidity and Mortaility Weekly Report, Oct. 3, 2003 (www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5214a2.htm); National Research Council, Firearms and Violence: A Critical Review, National Academies Press, 2005 (http://books.nap.edu/books/0309091241/html/index.html).
12. Note 9 and BJS (http://bjsdata.ojp.usdoj.gov/dataonline/). See also FBI (http://www.fbi.gov/pressrel/pressrel05/ … 101705.htm).
13. Note 10. Condensed at www.nraila.org, click on "Research," then "Crime Statistics."
14. Note 12.
15. BJS (http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov./bjs/pub/press/cv04pr.htm).
IRONCHEF
+385|6645|Northern California
Oh, my bad.  Thanks for the citing.

However, I'm failing to see the justification for the assumption that the low crime is because of gun ownership.  Is that stated somewhere I may have missed?

Further, I'll add that I believe less crime is happening because more people have Chuck Norris cardboard cut-outs standing in their windows, sitting in their passenger seats, and I think people have Chuck Norris stickers on their backpacks.  This alone is probably the greatest deterrent for crime!  Hell, everytime I see someone getting a total gym sent to their home, I KNOW they've watched the Total Gym infomercial with Chuck starring in it and I'm thinking "hell no!  i won't rob THAT guy!"
jonsimon
+224|6649

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Ok sounds pretty good, semantically speaking I agree with you on the death point, and no automatic weapons ARE NOT banned but they are HEAVILY restricted.....suppresors (no such thing as silencers) are legal in many states, certain type of stocks do not make any rifle an assault rifle.  An assault rifle is ONLY a weapon capable of full auto fire or has a shorter than 16" barrel on a rifle.  You are a little confused on your facts here, so I will lay it out as politely as possible, "they must all be modified to remove their capability for automatic fire" not true, once again, you obviously don't know.  Yes yes the firing events, thats not what I'm talking about.  Assault rifles are not banned friend, you are confusing the Clinton Gun Ban of 94 with other legislation.  The Clinton gun ban did nothing but increase gun related crime and the likes.  Jonsi there is a difference between Clinton's definition of an "assault WEAPON" and true assault rifles.  The former is a term used by the media and those ignorant of actual gun workings.  Assault rifles are only fully automatic weapons and SBR and the like and they are NOT banned.
Yeah I looked it up now, that's a wierd bill. Anyway, please call me jon or jonsimon. You guys coming up with wierd shorthand for my name are annoying.
phnxfrhwk
+14|6827|Just outside of baltimore, Md.

jonsimon wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Sorry wesker, but when you bleed to death, the cause of death is actually oxygen depravation of the brain. Think about it. The brain relies more heavily on oxygen than any other chemical resource. Blood is the only means of transport for oxygen as a resource to tissues of the body. Therefore, when the brain loses its blood supply, it loses its oxygen supply and dies. Apparantly I know more about the subject than you do.

Yes, it requires mutual cooperation between the weapon and the user and while the weapon alone does not kill, the user alone cannot kill either. Thus, guns enable people to kill, and can be found as a direct cause for the killing.
So your saying that a human alone can not kill. How about strangulation, pushing someone down the stairs, or beating someone with enough severity that the body ceases to function. A human is fully capable of killing another without the use of a gun. I will agree that guns enable people to kill with better efficiency, and I will agree that guns are a contributing factor in the death. But it is the person who pulls the trigger. It is the conscious effort of a person to kill. Oddly enough you wont find guns on trial for murder. instead you will find the person who killed.

jonsimon "By piercing the skin, leading to profuse bleeding and eventual oxygen depravation to the brain. A task bullets are commonly found purpetrating" So what your saying is that bullets are the cause of death. Not the gun. So whats to blame the delivery method or the object that deals the final blow?

Would you blame the needle and syringe, or the poison for killing a person. Or would you blame the person who administers the poison for the killing?

Last edited by phnxfrhwk (2006-09-07 16:29:42)

jonsimon
+224|6649

phnxfrhwk wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

So your saying that a human alone can not kill. How about strangulation, pushing someone down the stairs, or beating someone with enough severity that the body ceases to function. A human is fully capable of killing another without the use of a gun. I will agree that guns enable people to kill with better efficiency, and I will agree that guns are a contributing factor in the death. But it is the person who pulls the trigger. It is the conscious effort of a person to kill. Oddly enough you wont find guns on trial for murder. instead you will find the person who killed.

jonsimon "By piercing the skin, leading to profuse bleeding and eventual oxygen depravation to the brain. A task bullets are commonly found purpetrating" So what your saying is that bullets are the cause of death. Not the gun. So whats to blame the delivery method or the object that deals the final blow?

Would you blame the needle and syringe, or the poison for killing a person. Or would you blame the person who administers the poison for the killing?
Right, someone's gonna walk up to you on the street and hold up his hand yelling "Give me your purse or I'll strangle ya!" Firearms enable people to more effectively endeavour in criminal activities, and thusly, if restricted, would reduce ability of people to endeavour in criminal activities with effect.

The gun and the bullet are at equal blame.

The person, the source of the needle, and the source of the poison are all to blame. Without the needle or the poison the person could not have committed the crime. It's that simple. Remove the weapon with greatly similar effect to removing the criminal.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6798|Seattle, WA

IRONCHEF wrote:

However, I'm failing to see the justification for the assumption that the low crime is because of gun ownership.  Is that stated somewhere I may have missed?
"
Never made that assumption, those facts were in direct response to someone's questions.  My assumption or contention is that you cannot blame just guns for high crime just like you can't blame just guns for low crime.  That is all.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6798|Seattle, WA

jonsimon wrote:

Yeah I looked it up now, that's a wierd bill. Anyway, please call me jon or jonsimon. You guys coming up with wierd shorthand for my name are annoying.
It is weird isn't it, its totally arbitrary and see even a lefty like you would agree the Clinton Gun ban did totally jack shit, I'm starting to actually enjoy takling to you jon, sorry for shortening your name though, I'll refrain from that or just use jon
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6798|Seattle, WA

jonsimon wrote:

and thusly, if restricted, would reduce ability of people to endeavour in criminal activities with effect.
Yes but you can't restrict firearms from criminals without restricting them from people who benefit from them on a daily and annual basis, the thousands of crimes that are prevented.  Jon heres the bottom line, we have to work harder to enforce the laws and ensure those who commit crimes with firearms are held to a higher sentencing standard.  You can't take away guns because if you do that, than criminals will still be able to get them and than the thousands of lives and crimes prevented every year would drop dramatically.  See now?  I'm all for criminals NOT having guns, but if you take them away from the populace at the same time, you have accomplished nothing and actually taken one step forward and two steps back.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6834

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

lowlife gang bangers piss their pants and run to momma when they see a flash of steel in their direction.
I read somehwere that 2.5 million crimes a year are prevented by only brandishing a weapon when being robbed and the like. So go figure.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6798|Seattle, WA

jonnykill wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I read somehwere that 2.5 million crimes a year are prevented by only brandishing a weapon when being robbed and the like. So go figure.
Mmm, its probably not that high, but damn close.  Firearms do a lot more help than they harm, some people just will never accept that fact because they are so ideologically opposed to the whole concept in the first place.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard