[M]Chicken
+1|6673|Texas
I'm one of the guys from Moders Gaming. I wondered if anyone had figured out a way to determine who is using a commander hack (dunno wtf its called). They drop arty from either team, its causing lag from hell, and I cant determine who it is. Any help is greatly appreciated. Email me [email protected].

Please help, its driving me nucking futs....
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6524|Edmonton Alberta
i dont think you can unless you take PB screenshots of everyone at the same time...if u can do that, that is
LoonykStephane
+34|6526|Kingston,Ontario,Canada
no...post it here...I'm admin also and this is a pain in the ass!!!
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6561

I believe (Not sure) it shows 3 commanders on the team, or that may be another hack. If it does, just kick those three and you should get them. If not then please ignore this.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6709|California

the problem with the commander nonsense is, the enrolled commander is ALWAYS blamed, when the hacker is rarely commander, he just uses force commander
smacktardthefirst
+30|6573|Good ol' Canada
I think stryyker has commander hack...... just watch him closely. This should help in your cause.
Ben>You
+90|6515

stryyker wrote:

the problem with the commander nonsense is, the enrolled commander is ALWAYS blamed, when the hacker is rarely commander, he just uses force commander
QFT.

You really CANT find out who it is unless you PB SS.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6709|California

smacktardthefirst wrote:

I think stryyker has commander hack...... just watch him closely. This should help in your cause.
whatever helps you sleep at night
[M]Chicken
+1|6673|Texas
I downloaded all of the ss when it was occurring. i will look through em and post the offender here, send to EA, punkbuster and then track them down, rip out there eyes and skull fook em irl lol.

Thanks so far, keep em coming!!
Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6478|Kamloops, BC Canada
It's usually someone ranked as a private... So kick all the privates
slash_clown
+9|6456|Australia

Canadian_Sniper_X wrote:

It's usually someone ranked as a private... So kick all the privates
How can you tell?

Maybe they are using the sniper kit so they can see their results at a distance. So kick them too.

If it the vechicle drop hack starts up then it is probably one of the engineers wanting to make loads of repair points. Kick em.

lol

I think the only way you can tell is to be in flyaround mode while you are dead ( if the server allows it ) and see what each one is doing while the problems are happening. As far as I know the commander hack is much like the aimbots, they won't show on a screen shot. Though you may get lucky if the hack user is running other hacks as well.

teh hachs suxzors
LT.Victim
+1,175|6552|British Columbia, Canada
I was told that the commander of both teams can do a console command to see who is over-riding their commands.. But i've read all the console commands, and nothing points to this.. So probably not true..

On another hand, i've seen a video of how the hack is done, its much like common-rose where you press T or Q and then Click..

In this case, you click Q, and Press Vehicle Drops, and just keep doing that, as there is no reload time on the Hack..

So if you see someone Pointing where the vehicles are falling, standing still.. and maybe letting a few rounds fire, since they miss a click or something, thats the way i look for it..

Just watch the people in the server.. someone in a Jet, or flying a Helicopter would have a harder time doing it then say a sniper, or someone on the ground.
Coot11M
+7|6655
I read this on another website a few months ago. And it has helped our clan catching those hacking on our server.
----------
I have never failed to figure out who was using the commander hack on our server or any other server I have been on. First, look at the cars that are dropping... if they are from your side and you can see them on the radar, chances are he is cheating from your side. If it is the enemy have someone on the other side do the following or suicide and switch. Go into specator mode. Switch from player to player looking for people that are not moving or are in random parts of the map doing nothing (in buldings away from any action, in bunkers, etc.). You can also start by looking on the map for teammates that are away from the action. The real noobs act like a dedicated commander when they are in the hack console.

If you don't find an obvious one, keep cycling through players and watch for players that stop suddenly (gun is sometimes pointed in weird directions) and then cars, crates or arty starts and they start moving again. In general, if you know how a stationary or active commander behaves, you won't have any problem isolating the person.

He may even give himself away by bragging or being a smacktard in the chat. A few times I have looked at the scores for someone who isn't scoring or getting killed much. Again, they tend to be into the cheats and disrupting a game than actively trying to get the gold medal. BF2CC will tell you how long they have been on. Note, kills and TKs from arty are credited to the REAL commander, NOT the cheater. I have been commander when the cheater took over and I was accused of the TKs from constant arty on our base. Death by cartillary or falling crates is "xxx is no more".

Don't give away the fact that you are looking for him with chat messages accusing players or pausing the game. The more active they are with the cheats, the easier it will be to find him. If you scare them and they leave, you won't know who was doing it.

You should be able to eliminate fellow clan/club members and regulars. A lot of the morons wear clan tags of known cheating sites like MDK, 187ci, etc. Just be patient. Once you find him, try PB screenshots, Fraps, or screenshots and ban him so you get hash, IP and other info for filling out a report
-----

Hope this helps.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard