voltage
+46|6811|Sweden
I'll probably grow tired of this map soon but not just yet.

I don't like the zoning, it's too tight and doesn't give any flanking possibilities. Why limit the map like that? There are even buildings that goes in the red zone.
bingobones
+6|6695|London, UK
I think jlalakakebeb is an awesome map having only played on it for an hour last night...

Our server was set on 300 tickets infantry only and it was wicked.

loads of buildings, rooftops, etc etc class map well done EA
Pice_of_paper
oBy| Back In Business
+28|6432

The_Killer wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

I shall call it: ANOTHER KARKAND.

That map is just pure crap, if you're all into getting raped by a shitload of grenades and artillery, while being defenceless against the armor whores: THIS IS THE MAP FOR YOU, JUST LIKE KARKAND!

I don't understand why you people like Karkand so more...the open maps have better infantry combat, less vehicle whoring and more fun overall.
You are talking about how you dont like karkand when your most played map is karkand.
LOL
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6814|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Pice_of_paper wrote:

The_Killer wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

That map is just pure crap, if you're all into getting raped by a shitload of grenades and artillery, while being defenceless against the armor whores: THIS IS THE MAP FOR YOU, JUST LIKE KARKAND!

I don't understand why you people like Karkand so more...the open maps have better infantry combat, less vehicle whoring and more fun overall.
You are talking about how you dont like karkand when your most played map is karkand.
LOL
It's kind of hard to find non-karkand servers that are below 100 in ping...
Delphy
+45|6555|Bristol, UK

Bernadictus wrote:

Really defense is a part of this game, and that goes double for maps in which teams have no UCB.
Yeah but the point is you only get a few guys bothering to defend the back flags, and it's really hard to hold them. Also annoying how you miss one guy creeping round, then if he caps it and suddenly 20 guys come and rape your ass.
morphman001
+9|6532|Melbourne
well its like this...if u r 2 dumb to be good at that map then dont play it...it rocks and i love it/....peace out...0
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6655|Espoo, Finland
Debating about opinions will get you all somewhere for sure!
Keep it up people!
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6679

voltage wrote:

I'll probably grow tired of this map soon but not just yet.

I don't like the zoning, it's too tight and doesn't give any flanking possibilities. Why limit the map like that? There are even buildings that goes in the red zone.
Yeah, not enough space around the edges and there are building that you can't get on just because of that.
SPQR
+3|6529|US Fricken A

WilhelmSissener wrote:

wow, this was discussed 2 months ago, now shutup
lmfao!

I dont have any problem with it... if I want USMC Time I play Karkand - if want MEC time I play Jalalabad.

Both have its advantages and disadvantages...

I do love the Infantry only option... very nice
niomosy
+26|6660
I wasn't overly impressed, to be honest.

Karkand clone?  Not particularly.  It reminded me much more of a combination of Ghost Town and Mashtuur or Warlord.  Buildings with ladders are around large parts of the city making for tons of spots to get killed by grenades and Snipers.  That and the occasional Medic camping somewhere low enough with an L85 or G36E.

Armor wasn't a huge problem.  Much like Ghost Town, armor isn't as effective as Karkand since there's plenty of places to hide and plenty of spots for AT and SpecOps to pop out and blow up tanks.  The two caps closest to the US uncap are favored spots of tanks, though.

Infantry only was okay but I'd probably have just preferred having the vehicles for this map.  You have a better chance against the snipers and naders.

In the end, I really wish they'd done a city map in China so I could at least rack up some more PLA time.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6655|Espoo, Finland

niomosy wrote:

In the end, I really wish they'd done a city map in China so I could at least rack up some more PLA time.
There are no cities in China or other parts of Asia. Only middle-easterns live in houses!
niomosy
+26|6660

Gawwad wrote:

niomosy wrote:

There are no cities in China or other parts of Asia. Only middle-easterns live in houses!
Damn!  Well, what about a really crowded village of huts?
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6529|Hungary
Yes your right...but i enjoyed playing it.For the MEC its a bit hard to win....bf2 is too USMC oriented....all maps got USMC on it...so that should be changed...like MEc vs PLA...okey who cares

1. This map is good to get your read kills if you want tog et some veteran or expert transport badge.
2. Also a good amp for snipers
3. Good for engineers who can be happy to use AT mines....ahahahaha
4. Medic & Support whoring is also possible

Its like a karkand...but people liek maps like this and finally karkand got a rival.
DemonMonkey
+17|6469|Michigan
It is not that bad of a map... I could even see it being host to helicopters and still being alright
LSXREVAN
Dark Lord of the Shock Paddles
+1|6552|THE ALAMO
Road to Jalabad=LET THE ARMOR WHORING BEGIN!
Kanye North
randy
+80|6435
yet karkand is your most played map, congrats on liking men.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

LSXREVAN wrote:

Road to Jalabad=LET THE ARMOR WHORING BEGIN!
Not really.  AT squads works wonders, what with all the roof and alley access.  If there were APC's on the map, well, it would be a different story... Every Kit is actually useful on this map.

Last edited by Ilocano (2006-09-06 18:31:33)

Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6601|New Hampshire, USA

The_Killer wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

Owned.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
BEE_Grim_Reaper
+15|6677|Germany
I wouldn't say, that Jalalabad is unbalanced. I spent 12 rounds on that map yesterday... no Infantry only option set, 300 tickets, 64 player server with between 30 and 32 players on each team, automatic teamswitch after each round. The team I was on lost only one round.... and that was as USMC
Darky
Hi..
+71|6532|Here.
I think Jala has the potential to become a great map - in the correct setting. That setting would be infantry only, with people who do things other then nade spam.
panderiz
+32|6737

PBAsydney wrote:

FFS what a whining little tard.

I'm sick of reading such fucking rediculous posts, keep talking through your assholes people.

played 2 rounds last night on it as inf only and absolutely dominated, it's nothing like karkand.  It has aspects for all classes, plenty of roofs for snipers, medics as usual, support as usual, engineer with tanks/mines, assualt(nerfed anyway), spec ops for jihad.

And rofl at your most played map....

Last edited by panderiz (2006-09-06 21:06:51)

venom6
Since day One.
+247|6529|Hungary
If you check any of the accounts what will you see as most played map ?
Strike at Karkand or Wake Island....so everyone plz work on this...ahahahah
They site needs a top 10 of the plyers stats..i mean what are teh top ten 10 maps in time orded.
Is it possible ??? Admin ???
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6555|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
I shall call it road to Sniperbad.  Fuckin 64 man server, 32 per team, and all but 3 ppl on my team were snipers...
[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6478
I've been playing this map on infantry only the last couple nights.  I've been playing with 64 people and it is a great map I think.  I like it better than Mashtuur and the other city maps.

I'm still learning it, and I'm really having a blast.  Infantry only has two phases it seems - first part is getting past the snipers.  It seems that everyone is getting better at this first phase now, and it doesn't take long until the U.S. establishes somewhere in the city.

Once in the city- holy crap it can get very very fun!  These battles thru the streets are exciting and can be long and drawn out fights.   There is so much action and I love knowing that every big infantry battle isn't going to end because of artillery or a tank comes rolling up.   I'm still going to play "normal" BF2, but I'm really really liking the infantry only, now that people seem to be getting used to it more.  This map is excellent so far, also. 

There have been a couple times people were spamming grenades and frustrated me here and there- but for the most part the map was big enough that people couldn't really get away with that stuff for too long.

This is my new favorite map.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6707

This topic has been discussed previously -- Please use the search feature to find the previous thread. {quote}

There is already a complaints thread; http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=42933 .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard