Awsome!!38%38% - 59
Its ok39%39% - 60
Meh..9%9% - 14
i can c i getting old fast6%6% - 10
hate it5%5% - 9
Total: 152
cospengle
+140|6457|Armidale, NSW, Australia
I just played my first few rounds on it. I was US and we won 2 and lost 1. Thought it was OK.

I haven't felt so much like a newbie since I first played BF2. It'll take me a while before I stop getting lost. Makes me wish there were more new maps coming out though, it's more fun when you're reading your minimap amongst a hail of bullets.
F_O_Assault
+19|6429|Greenwood, SC
jalalalalalalalabad >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> karkand
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6499|Belgium
I played 2 rounds with inf only.

Well, at least 2/3 of all kits are snipers, and its pretty hard to capture anything with all the claymores. It seems im the only sniper that uses his rifle o.O

It might be the inf only part, but i find it pretty boring I like Warlord better.
EarlOfBronze
A Wolf Among Lambs
+19|6490
I played it for a while last night. 4 rounds. 2 wins as MEC, 1 as USMC. So no I wouldn't consider it impossible to win as MEC. The main problem is that most people just assume theres only one route of attack and spawn at the first MEC base.

Great map. A fair bit of armour yet still manages to have frantic infantry battles as well.

Last edited by EarlOfBronze (2006-09-06 07:31:34)

TF501|Slee
+18|6540|Michigan
Meh.  Nothing to write home about.  Karkand spread across a different axis with less-defendable positions.
Buzerk1
+44|6806
Hey it's new, it's fun... is it better then SF maps? nope, but it's a good map.
SGT.Slayero
+98|6435|Life in a vacuum sucks
its ok i still like karkand better
Obadiah
+0|6729|Wisconsin - Mooo...
It's okay.  Tough on MEC though.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6619|Norway
Not ok, not awesome, good.
It`s a new map and i like it.
X3M*Selkie
+13|6547|Belgium

x.:Shackleton:.x wrote:

I like it cause the combat is tight. Just like my girlfriend.
OK, send over your girlfreind so that I can practice.....
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6418

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

its impossible to defend when ur MEC.
Not really.
I played 5-10 rounds just before, most as MEC and they defended almost all of the time.
omg i love ur sig, where  did u get it from
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6522|UK

What, you mean she will never buy a round?
tor11
Grunt
+18|6730|Os , Norway
its ok! Like city maps!
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6669|NCFSU2

Not anymore.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6632|USA
16 player map infantry only. 32 and 64 are no fun when IO. Overall the map is good. Many different routes to take. Sorry you can't just rape the US as they come down the hill towards the hotel. I know you guys miss it. Actually not knowing which way the enemy will strike from. Being US on an IO 64 map....Yikes.

Overall good additional map. Me likey.
Rumfuddle
+14|6688

SammyBlue wrote:

With regards to Jalalabaad, has anyone noticed that the MEC spawns China Jeeps from wake island (I think it's wake, they're green with a red star)?  I noticed this at the MEC point closest to US base and also the second closest. (sorry if this has been pointed out already).  Bit lazy, no?
I noticed this last night and assumed they were the Russian jeeps from SF.  Didn't take the time to see if it had the red star though.  Now that I think about it they may have been olive colored like Chinese jeeps as opposed to tan of the Russian SF jeeps.  I think you're right.
Rumfuddle
+14|6688
I like the new map.  Contrary to some opinions, it strikes me as fairly balanced maybe with a tilt toward MEC on full 64 player.  Two good MEC tank jockeys can make a world of difference.  The US tanks tend to get chewed up.  In the five rounds I played last night I won 3 as MEC and 1 as US.  My only omplaint is that the rounds tick down awfully fast on full 64 so high scores are very tough to come by even when whoring armor.
mundox
+0|6433|PTY, Panama
Great map, very fun.
sparrowpisuke
Fractalman
+27|6415|Barcelona
If you play infantry only option with this map, and you're in US side, it's so much difficult to win.
But i think it's a good map.
SteikeTa
+153|6718|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
Boring... just like the game it self
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6619|Norway
Steiketa will come along when he sees how mucj i own it it
Delphy
+45|6555|Bristol, UK

Rumfuddle wrote:

I like the new map.  Contrary to some opinions, it strikes me as fairly balanced maybe with a tilt toward MEC on full 64 player.  Two good MEC tank jockeys can make a world of difference.  The US tanks tend to get chewed up.
You're kidding me right? The MEC tanks hold either the outpost or the lake and let everything through on the other one, or split up and get raped by the other armour and like 10 anti-tanks. The advantage US have is similar to MEC on Sharqi times 100. Even if you do defend ok, all it takes is one stupid fav to get through, cap one flag at the back or middle, and all the defenders at the front get raped from both sides.

The US needs to have half the number of favs ( they have like 6 now?), and the lake flag should either start off MEC or have no river crossing.
Rumfuddle
+14|6688
There's plenty of room for debate.  I've only played the map for an hour and took part in 3 decisive MEC wins.  I'm sure I'll play the map as MEC and get my hat handed to me in the future.  It's a cliche, but whoever has the more competent team oriented players wins this map (as is the case with most of the maps) - whether it be MEC holding the choke points and paying attention to rear flags or the US exploiting gaps in the defense and opening up a rear front.  I should add there was a very good commander on duty too.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6624|Teesside, UK
not sure yet.  only played 2 rounds so far.  Enjoyed it so far but don't think I'm ready to vote yet.
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6515|England
its sucks and if i play that map i will only be commander

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard