pwned7
+53|6579

ozzie_johnson wrote:

EAT IT prone divers.
U ROCK!!!!! +1!!! woooooott
High Spirit
+5|6573|Canada, Eh?
EA/Dice Rocks! Best patch ever!

They've tried thier hardest, released 2 betas to the public, got players input and seems to have brought BF2 back up to enjoyable status. What more can you ask for?????

Woohoo.. did I mention it comes with an awesome new map?!

As you can tell, I am all for the new patch... had a complete night without swearing at CTD, Cartillery and anything else I cannot think of at the moment...

I'm not going to read the complaints forum... I could get banned for speaking my mind to the naysayers...
El-Gorko
+1|6714|California
Patch is much more solid than 1.3.  However, I have had one CTD before a server went live and the server I was on went Connection Problem on us and disconnected, so I don't think that bug has been eliminated.  The server was live for like 5 or 6 hours before it CP'd though, which definately is an improvement for that particular server (1.3 cost me probably 2000-3000 points because of server crashes).  The prone whoring appears to be mostly gone and the game does feel a little faster.  I've had lag issues though, but I think those are related to my cable provider and not 1.4.

Overall, good patch.
millhous
+39|6638|OREEGONE, USA
They didn't fix dolphin diving, but the new map is kick ass. Its like a non-rusty looking karkand with alot more buildings you can enter and climb up.
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6445|California
I lke road to jabababad or however u spell it.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6744|Reality
Like it.

Haven't tried the no vehicule option yet. I expect that to really change the play and make these maps 'fresh' again.

The reason the complaints thread is longer, is now the spammers have no more excuses, so now they are gonna take their ball and go play CS. If you owed your BF2 success to some lame-ass digital gymnastics, well don't let the door hit you on the way out.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6695|The Ville
I like the patch alot. I started playing and I can't stop lol. I ended up earning over 500 points today whoa. I'm going to try to break a 1000 tonight which prob won't happen but I already have 10 wins and 5 losses on road to jalalabad. finally no more 1.3
LeRodinchen
+2|6476|Vienna, AT
k, at least i got no server crashes yesterday, played a couple of times in jalalabad and karkand.

So far i got a good feeling about the new patch. Jalalabad is a nice map, quite dynamic, maybe a bit too hard to defend for the mec party.

Design of Jalalabad is well done, some houses look familiar, but i dont care - at least we got a new map, guess thats most important
What i didnt recognize is, if the plane crashed into the house in Jalalabad has been removed? They should have done this imho.

i understand that many players are now complaining about the changes, but i assume that most of them will get used to them, as complaining and whining about changes is human nature.

about dolphin divers i dont care, never did. well its looking ridiculous and maybe it should have been disabled somehow, if not, well, there have not been that many of them to be honest.

lets see if i change my opinion the moment a server crashes again i am playing on ;-)
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6632|Finland

Played just one round yesterday. No "problems with your connection", no CTD, no ping spikes, no fps problems.

Yet.

If the issues mentioned above actually have been fixed (as it now seems), both client and server side, I'm totally fine with all other minor issues (OMGWTF nurfed [insertweaponhere] etc.)

The biggest mistake EA/DICE can do now is to listen to the players complaining over balance issues (when the real reason is: they suck), and release a "hotfix".

Because I'm positive that it would fuck everything up again.
I need around tree fiddy.
Rogness
The English Redneck
+10|6805|Plymouth, England
Great patch.

New map; infantry only is fun (couldn't give a rats ass if it's ranked or not, cos I'm not a complete prick - I've got far more important things to worry about than my, but especially your, stats); no CTD's; no "problems with you connection"; prone controls make sense.

In short, this patch has made a game that was almost completely unplayable for me due to technical probs (crashing), playable again.

Thanks DICE/EA (whoever - they're both entirely responsible for the game).
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6757|Hell, p.o box 666

Praise: CTDs, ah, some things never change
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6583|MANCHESTERRR
Its great! they have fixed the things that pissed me off so im happy
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6592|Reisterstown, MD

I find that there is nothing wrong with this patch. 
EarlOfBronze
A Wolf Among Lambs
+19|6521
Great patch. I've had no CTD and no connection problems in the 4 rounds I played on Jalalabad last night. But the best part was I managed to stand still for more than 2 seconds without having to wear a Hummer for a hat.
ThePunisher_ITA_
+59|6604

PoP wrote:

Its great! they have fixed the things that pissed me off so im happy
Same here!
Afrika_18
+26|6543
Played for 3 hours last night.  No problems whatsoever.  Game actually seemed to run faster...I was getting over 102 fps (usually, its about 85).  Love the new map.  Good job EA
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6547|Doncaster, UK
^^^ Agreed, game does seem to run smoother than before. Perhaps that's what they've been doing all this time, actually making it run.
FlamingDeath
+1|6447
Big thumbs up to EA/DICE

Played about 20 rounds in a row without any issues whatso ever.

great job
BADHEAD
+6|6499|Oblivion
The patch installed clean and quick.
My game plays faster.
Server info shows.
No crashes to desk top.
Dropping cars on buildings to glitch seems gone.
New map seems fun.

I like it.
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6740|Omaha, Nebraska
Patch has not effected me one bit as of yet. I love seeing people actually running across the streets now instead of humping the ground non stop to avoid hit detection. I am sure there is still a way to prone spam just wont be as easy and those prone spammers will have to rework their macros. Awsome patch so far.. Played 3 hours yesterday and not one server crash.

I have not noticed my AT rockets flying through tanks as much either but I am sure it still has its problems.

I have not experienced the Red or Blue bug as of yet.

I wish Dice would have put a new filter in to Mute players crying about how they can't dolphin dive anymore. I think I heard it from one guy 20x last night. His score was way low so I guess I could understand his frustration.

I did notice a car being dropped on a tank still... But I understand the newbs need to have fun to doing that.

Last edited by splixx (2006-09-06 07:37:14)

docnutz
+39|6760|B O S T ON area
Typical, at this point there are 3 pages of praise, and 8 pages of complaints!!!

These fucking geeks sitting behind their pc's are such miserable fuckers who do nothing but complain and stir up controversy where none should exist!
Buzerk1
+44|6837

docnutz wrote:

Typical, at this point there are 3 pages of praise, and 8 pages of complaints!!!

These fucking geeks sitting behind their pc's are such miserable fuckers who do nothing but complain and stir up controversy where none should exist!
Hey since people are more incline to complain then talk about what they like, so 3 pages of praise compare to 8 pages of whinning is pretty good
docnutz
+39|6760|B O S T ON area

Buzerk1 wrote:

docnutz wrote:

Hey since people are more incline to complain then talk about what they like, so 3 pages of praise compare to 8 pages of whinning is pretty good
I am sure it will get worse !   
mundox
+0|6464|PTY, Panama
Ok so I wake up today and xfire started dling a new pathch for bf2 I was like "WOW 1.4 finally".
Of course I cancel that and get it from somewhere else (like here) where the dl speed doesn't suck.

After installing the (incremental) patch withou ANY problem, I started Bf2 without problems again... looked for a server with R2J and started duking it out at this new crazy map, which is very good.

The server didn't went down for the 2 hours I played, nor I saw anyone with blue/red tags (well actually I almost never saw anyone with that even on 1.3).

CTD were gone too.

Well I can say EA/Dice went and did a decent job this time around. Can't wait to get Bf2142 when it's released.

Maybe everyone that is having some kind of issue with the game should check his hardware/drivers/etc first before making any claims about the patch =/. I personally haven't had many issues for all the time I have played, maybe im just lucky
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6732|Peoria, Illinois
Played for about 6 hours. No CTD, no server crash, no red tag bug. It played like a game is supposed to play. IO mode was fun too. Good change of pace. I think they finally got it right this time.

Last edited by M1-Lightning (2006-09-06 08:29:22)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard