Xristos1
God's Little Squirt
+18|6659|Colorado
LEARN - ADAPT - OVERCOME

Let not ignorance rule thee self on thy battlefield young soul...

Let knowledge and strategy rule thy battlefield. 

lol - seriously though... yes the new change is a bitch but we get used to it ese.  We get used to the new shizzle each patch... see my first line on this reply. 
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6641|Norway
Hm... I played my first one and a half hour last night and didn`t notice anything with the movement, but maybe thats because i use the carbine now a days to improve my lousy carbine stat. I don`t have to prone to be accurate so...

Anyway, i liked the patch, the only patch that i`m not sorry for downloading. Played some jailbate, had fun, owned as hell xept from one round against some wicked support dude who was much better than me... I like the infantry only too.

But still:

Ben>You wrote:

I also think I'm going to go back to 1.12, back to the patch that the game was best in.
Word Ben>You!

Conclusion:
I have 1000h+ and i`m happy with the patch.
(Maybe because i expected so much worce, it`s EA after all)

And: Why the hell did they nerfe the c4 throwing again?
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6636|United States - Illinois
From another thread

Colfax wrote:

You all ruined your own game.  You exploit the game and the mechanics of the game and then they fix it.  Half the community whines about one thing then it gets changed and then the other half whines. It never ends.

-C4 was not meant to be thrown at people then blown up.  It was meant to be thrown on vehicles or over fences to land ON VEHICLES.  But since people just threw it at people instead of using it properly it got changed

-AA sucked  they fixed and its fine now.  If you can't flare or dodge at the right time learn to fly or become a better pilot.  Or in a helo get a better gunner that can take the AA emplacements out faster.

-Prone jumping:   this practice is gay.  Do you suck that bad that you can't just prone and shoot at people.  No you have to hop around like an idiot.  It was an exploit and they fixed it with a delayed prone.  If you don't like it blame yourself.  (strafe jumping was used in CS and was seen as an exploit because it was.  It was removed and fixed.  Do people playing CS say OMFGNUBZZOODZ valve took my strafe jumping away. No they adjusted their play style and kept on playing.)

Deal with it and adjust.  Or quit playing.  Your all gonna buy BF2142 anyways and they are gonna make more money off you epeen fools.
Blame the exploiters

Last edited by Colfax (2006-09-06 07:09:07)

X3M*Selkie
+13|6569|Belgium
Well, patch 1.4 needs some adaptation time.
My stats suck, except as sniper, but with 1.4 I was killed even more then usual <huh>
When I play support class to provide ammo for the teammates and I see an enemy, I normally drop down, take my shot, get up again and seek cover before they can return fire. Won't work that way anymore; The delay got me killed every time.
I hate bunnyhoppers/dolphin divers so I have never done that, but sure is that 1.4 got rid off these extremes, unfortunately adding some annoyances too. Forcing to tweak my strategy/gameplay.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6583|Reisterstown, MD

lol bunch of wankers..lmfao...Anyway, I don't have any problems going prone and killing someone.  The only people crying are the peeps who have gotten used to being able to prone spam all day long.  Now that you can't do it anymore(or at least it is harder), these "players" don't know what to do.  Here's a thought.  Go out and learn some new tactics instead of relying on jumping up and down like a retard just to get a kill.  A guy in my squad said it best, "I'm not sure why people need a gimmick just to kill someone."
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6583|Reisterstown, MD

Colfax wrote:

From another thread

Colfax wrote:

You all ruined your own game.  You exploit the game and the mechanics of the game and then they fix it.  Half the community whines about one thing then it gets changed and then the other half whines. It never ends.

-C4 was not meant to be thrown at people then blown up.  It was meant to be thrown on vehicles or over fences to land ON VEHICLES.  But since people just threw it at people instead of using it properly it got changed

-AA sucked  they fixed and its fine now.  If you can't flare or dodge at the right time learn to fly or become a better pilot.  Or in a helo get a better gunner that can take the AA emplacements out faster.

-Prone jumping:   this practice is gay.  Do you suck that bad that you can't just prone and shoot at people.  No you have to hop around like an idiot.  It was an exploit and they fixed it with a delayed prone.  If you don't like it blame yourself.  (strafe jumping was used in CS and was seen as an exploit because it was.  It was removed and fixed.  Do people playing CS say OMFGNUBZZOODZ valve took my strafe jumping away. No they adjusted their play style and kept on playing.)

Deal with it and adjust.  Or quit playing.  Your all gonna buy BF2142 anyways and they are gonna make more money off you epeen fools.
Blame the exploiters
QFT
joker8baller
+68|6659

C4 is a good tool for ambushing...
AA didn't suck, you had to be skilled to use it. + The F-35B is hard to use for many people
Prone Jumping - Sure. But it's too easy to kill a prone jumper. Makes for interesting shank fights

Last edited by joker8baller (2006-09-06 07:17:30)

$taticX[AcB]
+0|6577|Seattle, WA
For one I've had this game since the beginning and I think it takes no skill bunny hopping, dolphin diving, etc. So Souljar i never used that tactic to get lame points.

In terms of people tank whoring, etc. The fundamental thing added to 1.4 is an infantry only map (which I love). So if you dont like getting whored by a vehicle, go to a server that utilises 1.4 and play infantry only.

In terms of the patch sucking, it's only been a day and already people whining, complaining, etc. I agree with the whole it's just a game, if a game gets to a point where it stresses you out, or bothers you that much, I'm sorry Sarge lol. But a game is just a game, it's fun etc. If you were to play true infantry games, you'd be playing squad action with 5 other people, so you don't have to worry about being slow or finding cover,  because your squad members are covering you.

Give the patch a few days, before you're cursing at it to go to hell, blah blah. And seriously if all you people are just as stressed at him or just as pissed off about a game, there are plenty of other games to play.
maef
+67|6675|Tulln, Austria
Ever thought that many times YOU are the guy coming around the corner where someone is laying on the ground unable to get up and run away, Sarge?

That's an easy kill for you then.
And those kills should make up for the deaths caused by this... so balance is still there.

You just need to remember that you're not only on the receiving side. There is no conspiracy against you... get over it.
=CA=lamcrmbem
+16|6442|San Diego, CA

X3M*Selkie wrote:

I hate bunnyhoppers/dolphin divers so I have never done that, but sure is that 1.4 got rid off these extremes, unfortunately adding some annoyances too. Forcing to tweak my strategy/gameplay.
Exactly, just adapt.  I think its a good patch.  Jalalabad is a fun map.  I didn't notice a significant difference in game play.  Let's all stop complaining and just play.  Those with skills will adapt and still own, those without need more practice.  But whining about the chnages won't matter, no one is listening.

Last edited by =CA=lamcrmbem (2006-09-06 07:20:08)

souljar
+8|6477|Liverpool U.K

Xristos1 wrote:

LEARN - ADAPT - OVERCOME

Let not ignorance rule thee self on thy battlefield young soul...

Let knowledge and strategy rule thy battlefield. 

lol - seriously though... yes the new change is a bitch but we get used to it ese.  We get used to the new shizzle each patch... see my first line on this reply. 
LMAO, i could get used to playing with one leg and one arm if really had to.

Yes it,s true you do have to adapt to the changes if you want get anywere with this game but who the fuck wants to, what will be left in the end i ask you, they killin the game man. adapt to that !
Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6442|United States
I understand where your comeing from Sarge, but sadly there isnt much yourself nor I can do about this. You can either try to adapt to it and use prone more wisely, or crouch instead of proneing. Once again your topic like many others appears to concentrate on one thing and thats the ability to prone/stand up at a rapid pace aka prone spam. For someone to base an entire patch upon this alone is well irashional.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6560

SargeV1.4 wrote:

CQC combat has been ruined even more by:

-Your inability to quickly pop up and get down behind cover. (nades were the way to go for this, but still people tried to shoot you and died, which made them complain.)
-Your inability to quickly go back round a corner if your attack goes wrong. (the equivalent of strafing around a corner in CS)
-Your ability to quickly reposition yourself.
I cannot agree with you Sarge, maybe the first time.

Go for a practice and you'll will see that prone spamming, clipping and dolphin diving is still alive.
docnutz
+39|6751|B O S T ON area
two words sarge----------> DON'T MISS!

I like this patch b/c it fixed the server stability, all else i think is fine, the game plays well!
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6689|Germany

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Have fun with your game, I might do a bit more jet whoring and shoot down the skillless fucks created by 1.2. in the meantime, I'm going back to CS:S untill something decent comes out.

Bye.
Still here with another whiny thread about how they ruined the game?

If you really were the über-pwnerer you always claim to be you would still pwn all those "skillless fucks",even with the changes in 1.4.

You forget that the enemy is now as slow and immobile as yourself aswell,so both sides have to adapt to this.

If you just can't adapt because you "CS-ed" your brains out over the years and can't play without jumping and proning like a mix of a guy on speed and a mexican jumping bean - go back to CS and quit whining about BF2,you get pwned with claymores on Warlord anyway ( ).....
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6683|Devon, England
i completely agree, infantry fights suck now! it's either get in a vehcile or go sniper, as true infantry combat is fucked with this delay bullshit.

Last edited by FFLink13 (2006-09-06 07:50:06)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Wow I never knew a 0.3 second added delay on unproning makes the game unfun. Last time I checked it was fun, played as assualt, spec ops, support and sniper, no great difference noticed. The only thing I saw changed was you cannot shoot in the eight of a seconf it takes to go from prone to crouching, and I guess because of that the game is screwed up.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6689|Germany

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Wow I never knew a 0.3 second added delay on unproning makes the game unfun. Last time I checked it was fun, played as assualt, spec ops, support and sniper, no great difference noticed. The only thing I saw changed was you cannot shoot in the eight of a seconf it takes to go from prone to crouching, and I guess because of that the game is screwed up.
Just a tiny 0.3 second delay added makes SargeV1.4 post multiple,elaborate threads about "removal of quick movement".

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-09-06 09:47:05)

(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6747
Im not gonna whine, i whined many times when i was a newb, but those days are over.
The only thing i dont understand is why did they decrease the c4 throw distance? Wasnt that reduced once before?
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6485
I totally agree with Sarge.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6723|Peoria, Illinois
Sarge, everything you say that restricts you also restricts your enemy.  The play is still balanced, you just need to find what it takes to beat the other guy. This patch makes us rely heavily on accuracy now rather than movement.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6717|Twente, The Netherlands
Just played an inf scrim today, it was my first experience with the 1.4 patch, and it plays slow... there's just no chance to escape from more than 1 guy, grenades nail you fast because you can't get away fast enough, and Sarge, you're completely right.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6698|Antarctica
I agree with Sarge, the patch has ruined infantry combat, not because you can't prone spam (i didn't like to do that anyways) but because its too slow paced.  Turn corner, shoot 1 guy, die, respawn, turn corner, shoot one guy, die, respawn, etc.  There's not much skill left in infantry anymore.
-=AudigyXi=-
+18|6648
I dont know, I dont think the slower movements have taken anything from the game . As long as your paying attention you can get away, I was able to shoot to my feet and still evade 2 grenades tossed at me yesterday.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6645
Hmmm, I just got about 15 kills in the space of a few minutes using PKM before being perma-banned for "Unknown" reasons.  It doesn't bother me in the slightest bit, don't see what the fuss is about.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard