kawasaki11
+2|6515
want to give me some tips to get lots of points and win most of the time

such as maps, tactics no little noob advice like put artillery right on the red dots

lol
kawasaki11
+2|6515
wheres help when u need it u fat ass generals sit on ur computer all day and give no advice?
APortillo
+21|6483|California, USA
I am not a pro, But I do know that you get a point for every UAV, Arty kill and Accepting Squad requests. It might be more for some than others but I'm not sure.

Last edited by APortillo (2006-09-05 18:40:21)

-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6596|Quebec city, Canada
Most of the time im commander, my team win and I get a medal but ive to admit that I apply to be commander if I see that my team has the skills to win (scores from last games, players ranks, etc). So when I command, I press Caps lock and stay in my foxhole for the whole game. I try to have always the uav running. You should never let the uav offline when its ready to work. So when it is close to be ready, I do a satellite scan to spot ennemies and I place the UAV considering where the ennemies are/where my allies are/if a cp is being capped by my team/etc.

for example, dont place the uav far away from teammates even if there are ennemies. About supply crates, I drop them where my teamates are fighting or where they ask for it. For the vehicle drop, I keep it for request because it is rarely used by teammates that ive not asked for it before. And I never send orders, that may sound strange but I prefer not. Most of the time my teamates wont follow them and I find them useless. I think that a skilled team can manage their game by itself.

edit : oh yeah and also : after placing the uav, I spot mannually enemies that I found with the scan but that couldnt be spotted by the UAV. While its reloading, I zoom in where the main firefights are and I tell my teamates in the chat presicely where the ennemies are if for example they are on a rooftop, on a crane, etc.

I think the most important thing is to be able to spot ennemies well..

Last edited by -=raska=- (2006-09-05 19:12:10)

jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6709|Norcal, usa

APortillo wrote:

I am not a pro, But I do know that you get a point for every UAV, Arty kill and Accepting Squad requests.
im gonna have be anti acquiescent with that statement, seeing as how if that were the case, then there'd be some sort of padding league going on, really.
basically with commander, it's just how long you're commander and if you're team is awesome.
really, no secret, also if the map is partisan to a side, then you're set too.
spot stuff that you wouldn't normally think of spotting, and also alert people to enemies, that always helps, especially flag cappers, and enemy flag cappers, so ya.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6596|Quebec city, Canada
according to bf2s.com and verified :

The commander points are every point earned by a member of your team during your reign as commander divided by the total of living team members at the given time.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

If you have an extra supply crate, use it as bait for enemy armor time with arty.

If you drop a supply crate late and it runs the risk of being used by an enemy, destroy it with a vehicle.

Always let squads know when supplies are available, and in most cases drop only when asked, don't blindly drop just to get rid of it. Its good to drop if you anctipate an armor battle.

Don't be a cumquat and huddle behind crates 100% of the time. Be prepared to defend ur stake (and repair assets if engy). If ur team is leaving armor @the rear, take measures to ensure the enmy does not get it. There is nothing wrong with fighting when the fight comes to you or your forward position, just don't neglect ur obligation to your team.

Ensure ground punder have transport, but ensure you don't drop near a sniper. Again its best to wait for requests. Also when dropping a car on ur own accord, place it where its best for the getway, i.e. not in the line of fire.

Arty is a proactive weapon, not a reactive one.

Maybe useful, maybe not .. good luck
Swimmerxc
+12|6448|DC/VA

kawasaki11 wrote:

want to give me some tips to get lots of points and win most of the time

such as maps, tactics no little noob advice like put artillery right on the red dots

lol
don't be a commander is armor and don't fight

just find a nice warm and safe place and stay there.... then just command

a mic is also nice, but typing will do
Donald O' Brien
+104|6673

APortillo wrote:

I am not a pro, But I do know that you get a point for every UAV, Arty kill and Accepting Squad requests. It might be more for some than others but I'm not sure.
!QFT
voltage
+46|6810|Sweden

APortillo wrote:

Ffs, the scoring have been known for over a year and ppl still believe this. Read Raskas post and write it on the blackboard 100 times. I'm gonna have to tell your parents about this.
[2MC]Golarin
+6|6519
Isnt there something in the wiki about it?

Ah yes. here it is
http://wiki.bf2s.com/tactical-guides/co … ide-part-1

Last edited by [2MC]Golarin (2006-09-06 07:11:04)

X3M*Selkie
+13|6547|Belgium
I complete second raska's first reply to this thread.
Being succesful in commanding is highly related to the 'teamspirit' and squad (co)operation of your team.
Be their eyes and keep them supplied  (health & ammo). Provide them with visual info through the UAV and inform them of enemy movements outside of UAV by 'spotting' the enemy if they can harm the squads (ea. armor, snipers, enemy squad moving towards them). (Don't spot harmless enemies on the other side of the map, aboid clutthering the info on screen - you still have your arti to protect a remote flag.
Commanding is a full time job, stay in your command view and reign.
Direct you squads, instruct them by the menu tools, voice and chat.
Plan a strategy and guide your squads to cap flags or sneak up behind enemies and eliminate them
Give them info voice and chat if you spot enemies on roofs or so.
For the rest, there is no magic into it
kawasaki11
+2|6515
wait so whats a good level to command on like averaging 50 to 60 points a game?
APortillo
+21|6483|California, USA

voltage wrote:

APortillo wrote:

Ffs, the scoring have been known for over a year and ppl still believe this. Read Raskas post and write it on the blackboard 100 times. I'm gonna have to tell your parents about this.
I would like to point out that I did say that I was not a pro, and thus there very possibly could be flaws in my statement.
kawasaki11
+2|6515

APortillo wrote:

voltage wrote:

APortillo wrote:

I would like to point out that I did say that I was not a pro, and thus there very possibly could be flaws in my statement.
ok back on topic ....
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6648|Middle of nowhere
I only have 1 thing to say

DO NOT COMMAND FROM A VEHICLE!!

i will hunt you down and kidnap you if you do
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

jsnipy wrote:

If you have an extra supply crate, use it as bait for enemy armor time with arty.

If you drop a supply crate late and it runs the risk of being used by an enemy, destroy it with a vehicle.

Always let squads know when supplies are available, and in most cases drop only when asked, don't blindly drop just to get rid of it. Its good to drop if you anctipate an armor battle.

Don't be a cumquat and huddle behind crates 100% of the time. Be prepared to defend ur stake (and repair assets if engy). If ur team is leaving armor @the rear, take measures to ensure the enmy does not get it. There is nothing wrong with fighting when the fight comes to you or your forward position, just don't neglect ur obligation to your team.

Ensure ground punder have transport, but ensure you don't drop near a sniper. Again its best to wait for requests. Also when dropping a car on ur own accord, place it where its best for the getway, i.e. not in the line of fire.

Arty is a proactive weapon, not a reactive one.

Maybe useful, maybe not .. good luck
I made one section bold because many believe commanders should never fight, but this is just not so. This in no way means you should fight. just be prepared to if you an ememy comes to you. If you have an uncap, stay there and protect your vehicles + assets from thieft/destruction. IF you have no uncap, stay at your most import (vehilcle/asset wise) and protect everything there.

On mass Destrution as rebel commander I got 14:4 KD with 8 flag defends by protecting the command bunker. If i didn't fight I would have to order a squad from the front lines to defend it, If they had responded straight away it still would have been to late as they would need to travel half the map in which time we have lost our most important flag (and assest asoon as the spec ops move in).

On karkand sit on the TOW at the factory ready for an APC/humvee to come and cap it.
Sharqi: wait in the stair way of the TV station.
Wake: defend the airfield (asif you need to... )
Etc.. etc.

As for arty, use it to protect undefended/take out vehicles flags not just for maximum kills (situations differ, you must decide whats better for your team).
Use UAV where theres lots of both enemy and friendly OR to a squad trying to cap a 'major' flag, I talked about above which your opposite number should be defending. A less major flag spot everyone there, and keep checking back (with zoom) for spawners and spot them.
Supplies should be used on request or on known dmg vehicles/assets only. Also before dropping on assets check the spec op has left the area, no point resupllying your enemy to destroy everything again.
If possible go Engineer and repair in person (not with suppllies).
Vehicle drop only on request or to people far from battle who dont have any quick way in.
Scan all the time...

genius_man16 wrote:

I only have 1 thing to say

DO NOT COMMAND FROM A VEHICLE!!
By this I assume you mean somthing better then a transport. But still I have to disagree. Never use a vehicle if another team member can/will use it. But if your team has left an asset just sitting arouund, by all means get in (if nothing else to stop the enemy from getting it), but also make sure you get out when a team member wants it.

The only way you get points is making your team mates get more points, and commanding your team to victory.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2006-09-07 20:53:33)

coreinflames
+12|6614
Well sense the question is how do i get more points, the answer is, command on a team that always wins, be good with you're uav and dont kill anyone (anytime you kill someone it makes you loose points)  The commander recieves points by how many people you're own team kills.

btw, i am number 200 on the top of commanders
i recommend commanding on the mec side of sharqui penninsula, unless you're helicopter pilot sucks because this decides the game on sharqui
and it is fun to artillery people and it does help you're team win however it will give you less points when the score is doubled.

Thanks, 
Bf2 Major General Coreinflames
Studs
+5|6525|Denmark
You just got to figure out, how you can help you team make more points. its commen sense. The more point they get, the more you get. SPOT SPOT and the SPOT some more.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6519|UK

Ya score depends on ur team, still when u say tips.......  Well you can be the best commander in the world (nah not firestorm, know how to work your team) simple though if they dont follow orders or are incapable of taking flags u loose.  So if anything, doing well as commander, is getting a good team together, usually this can be acheived by just one 6 man squad following orders will get you the win. 
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6449|Trondheim, Norway
try ask {TA} Firestorm!!!
Wojo97civic
+5|6421
Go to a 24/7 wake island where they dont swap teams and stay as china's commander, you will win 90% of the time
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6529|The real world
Ask Jam3z_18
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6664|San Francisco
ALWAYS keep in contact with your squad leaders, and bug everyone to squad up if they don't do so by the time the match starts.  The players are flying blind for the most part, so I always update the squad leaders with the positions of enemy squads by using VoIPafter scanning.  Having your team know where everyone is at all times is a great way to win matches.  You don't even have to scan!  Just right-click and hit "Spot" on any flag, and that will reveal the positions of any enemies nearby.  If you hear "Enemy forces spotted" and see a question mark, then the flag or area is clear and you are free to go in.

Focus on the fronts and the flanks.  Everybody wants to get to the next flag, but you need to be sure that you have enough people defending the flags you already have.  Identify a spot on the map where a squad can easily get to any of the flags and have them hold there in case the front line goes down.

Support infantry and armor with well-placed supply drops, and drop vehicles for those unlucky enough to have spawned in a place with none.  If there's a tank battle going on, put supply drops near your tanks so they can quickly heal while fighting.

Don't worry about fighting too much.  Actually having commanders fight comes down to how many people you have on your team, or whether or not a squad can make it to a flag in time.  I usually hang back, but I join in the fray when a flag goes down far away from the front lines and I'm the closest one to it.  The commander can see anyone on the map at any given time, so use that to your advantage.

I also usually go Engineer, so I can quickly repair any assets that the enemy decides to destroy.  Reinforce the troops with morale support and commend them when things go well...it just makes the playing experience a lot better, especially for new players.  Learn the maps, learn the choke points, learn what flags should be taken first, learn to "lead" your arty strikes if you see a ton of 'red dots' moving towards a flag, and don't be afraid of the fact that there are indeed noobs that never see the Artillery icon in their mini-map.

I use arty as a last resort when there's a fierce fire-fight going on, and my team is on the losing side.  Just zoom in and place specific artillery points rather than hitting the flag as a whole.  Arty also works well when you need to support an armored convoy taking over a flag...the arty won't hurt the armor all that much, but will kill any infantry around them (unless a shell lands directly on a tank or APC, which happens but not all that often).

So teamwork, a constant flow of information and battle updates, knowledge and strategy are your essentials...plus make sure you find a good hiding spot and get out of the command menu every now and then to make sure you don't get knifed...
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6680|austria

kawasaki11 wrote:

like put artillery right on the red dots

lol
thats not true!!!!

a good commander should know the usual way of his enemy!  like:

karkand US takes hotel and move on to place! if u put the artie right on the hotel flag.... useless!
put the artie in enemy's way!!!!
u have to think about their way AND the time till the artie impacts!
with well placed artie a commander can turn the whole round

same for car drops and squadleaderrequests!

nothing is more annoying than a commander who sets the UAV wherever he wants!
watch your troops missions and help attack squads which are going for flags!
best sample is again karkand!
n4p US commanders always place the UAV above that dam hotel flag while the attack-squads are raped without any support @ other flags!

and i think very important is that "ur the best squad ive ever seen" function!
if a squad manages to cap a flag deep in enemy territory let em know that they did good work... they will follow all ur orders....
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard