Poll

Comparing pro vs con which is best?

Semi-Automatic25%25% - 54
Bolt-Action74%74% - 158
Total: 212
[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6505
Why would anyone choose the M24 over the L96?!?!?!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England

[mcp]eltorrente wrote:

Feels better. That's why i choose it. Sounds more powerful too. Dunno, just one of those psychological things.
leesupport
+39|6680
well im not a good sniper...my sniper KDR stinks....but when i do snipe i like using them all....ive been enjoying the SVD though never really tried it much before and ive been getting pretty good at getting head shots with it....eather that or ive just been lucky:D
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6693|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia

iPoon.be wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

l96a1.it got me up from neg to positive kd ratio, and sounds so sweet, and has the armour piercing capabilitys of the m95, minus the shoot-thru-cockpit glass thing, which isnt so useful neway
I didnt know L9 pierces body armor.. can anyone confirm?
of course it pierces body armour dumb ass, how do you think they die -_-, it doesnt have vehicle armor or glass piercing capabilities though.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6498|Valley of the Dragons
To me the M24 is the best weapon in the game, but thats 100% feeling I got with it. I just love the sound of the M24 and the looks. The L96A1 has the same characteristics ingame so when I am not USMC I will pick that one.
xXGamingBugXx
+30|6540
SVD is amazing gun, headshots are so easy. Plus if you miss, 9 bullets more
Rec(+)n
Teh Hawtsawce
+4|6455
ill take accuracy and power over rapid fire

L96 FTW =-o

Last edited by Rec(+)n (2006-09-03 17:55:35)

R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6484|Melbourne

M24 FTW, it has the least Bullet drop, a thin scope line, is the fastest to reload, and hardest to hear.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
allfive6
+18|6701|Victoria BC or Karkand
The best sniper is one who spawn has a anything but a sniper has there fucking useless
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6624|Warlord

R3v4n wrote:

M24 FTW, it has the least Bullet drop, a thin scope line, is the fastest to reload, and hardest to hear.
Wrong, right, wrong and wrong! Please, do yourself a favour and search.

allfive6 wrote:

The best sniper is one who spawn has a anything but a sniper has there fucking useless
"...has a anything but a sniper has there..." Could we have that in something that resembles English???

You'll be talking out your ass again regardless... for recent play (from roughly the same date to now):
James{CAN}
Infantry KDR, 1.16
Infantry KPM, 0.49

Todd_Angelo
Infantry KDR, 2.10
Infantry KPM, 0.8 (nearly as high as your vehicle KPM)

And I'm not even that good FFS!

Nyte
Infantry KDR, 1.88
Infantry KPM, 1.22

tahadar
Infantry KDR, 2.04
Infantry KPM, 0.73

dont_be_ss
Infantry KDR, 4.05
Infantry KPM, 0.81

EntertaineR_06
Infantry KDR, 1.60
Infantry KPM, 0.94

Mj.Blindfisch
Infantry KDR, 2.86
Infantry KPM, 0.67

So, if snipers are useless what does that make you?
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6692|Mountains of West Virginia

Todd_Angelo wrote:

There should be a third option: depends.

I'm a dedicated bolt-action rifle guy but playing a lot more PLA lately I'm using the Type 88 again and it's definitely a decent choice it for some situations. I'd actually really like it if the Type 88 or something like it were available as an unlock option, I'd love to be able to use it in an urban map.

TheDarkRaven wrote:

BrOk_MoRdU wrote:

SVD FTW
        M24 FTW
                L96A1 FTW
                        M95 FTL
                               Type88 FTL
You do know that in essence, the Type 88 and SVD in-game are the same?
Yeah, but the diff. scopes make a huge difference to most people.

fatherted13 wrote:

l96a1.it got me up from neg to positive kd ratio, and sounds so sweet, and has the armour piercing capabilitys of the m95, minus the shoot-thru-cockpit glass thing, which isnt so useful neway
Pardon? The L96A1 has the same characteristics as the M24, just a different scope.
I like how you contradict yourself.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6624|Warlord

Snipedya14 wrote:

Todd_Angelo wrote:

TheDarkRaven wrote:

You do know that in essence, the Type 88 and SVD in-game are the same?
Yeah, but the diff. scopes make a huge difference to most people.

fatherted13 wrote:

Pardon? The L96A1 has the same characteristics as the M24, just a different scope.
I like how you contradict yourself.
There's no contradiction in those two points; read the exact wording and try to remember the context.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6749|Toronto, ON
Congrats on hitting the > 2.0 WLR todd_angelo.

I respect you more than 99% of the stat-whoring kids:

"omgbbq, 328957 SPM !!11shift+1  I r0x0r ur b0x0r"
"Yeah stfu 0.1 WLR Karkand Whore"
Alpha as fuck.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6717|California

i love how all threads on snipers turn into a "my sniper ratio is better than yours" thread. Time for a little life lesson, ratios dont mean a goddamn thing.
HCSkorpio
Hind Secks
+8|6534|California

iPoon.be wrote:

HCSkorpio wrote:

M24....I have problems...it refuses to connect my shot.  I have 200 ping.
Thats just what server you play on, i wouldnt join any server with more than 150 ping.
I like the internode servers for regular BF2.

Like in TeamHAF or Insomnia...I get around a 100 ping.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6534|Search Whore killing fields
My little number on the internets better then yours...
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6484|Melbourne

Todd_Angelo wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

Wrong, right, wrong and wrong! Please, do yourself a favour and search.
Search?, why? this a personal opinion how do you search for your own personal opinion?

M24 scope is thin enough to pick of noobs 500 meters away, which is good enough for me.

Right, the M24 reloads faster then the L96A1, its proven in the PRIMA guide thing.

i speak for my self i can here the L9 from a mile away yet i struggle to hear the M24 at all.

The above is based on my personal experience not actual stats, excluding the sound part. (unless they changed it)

A sniper is made by what weapon he is good with, you learn to adjust to each weapon the more you use it.  i have mastered the M24, yet still learning the L9's Bullet Drop. 

Jarhead wrote:

"I am nothing without my rifle, and my rifle is nothing with out me"
I could pick up a M95 but i am nothing with it.  i could pick up a M24 and i am something with it.  remember its the rifle that makes the sniper.

Last edited by R3v4n (2006-09-03 22:17:04)

~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
E|W4v0r
+8|6661|New York
I use the SVD as MEC, M95 as PLA or USMC
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6517|Adelaide, South Australia

link52787 wrote:

bolt action is better.  I use the M24 the most.  The m95 can go through windows but I don't run across people in helos or cars so I stick to my M24.

euroweasel wrote:

M24 all the way........

R3v4n wrote:

M24 FTW

[mcp]eltorrente wrote:

Its the only one with camo stuff all over it
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6624|Warlord

stryyker wrote:

i love how all threads on snipers turn into a "my sniper ratio is better than yours" thread.
No they don't. And actually this one didn't either

stryyker wrote:

Time for a little life lesson, ratios dont mean a goddamn thing.
Way to overstate things.

R3v4n wrote:

Todd_Angelo wrote:

Please, do yourself a favour and search.
Search?, why? this a personal opinion how do you search for your own personal opinion?
Why? Because your opinion on these things is irrelevant dude (so are mine BTW). A statement about which is best to use, which scope is easiest to aim well with, which rifle owns all other rifles... that's where opinions count, not on a technical spec.

R3v4n wrote:

M24 scope is thin enough to pick of noobs 500 meters away, which is good enough for me.
That's why I said right for that part. Geez, are we having an attack of I-can't-be-arsed-to-read-properlyitis in this thread or what?

R3v4n wrote:

Right, the M24 reloads faster then the L96A1, its proven in the PRIMA guide thing.
Unless the Wiki here is incorrect that's wrong: L96A1, 5; M24, 6. And they have the same draw time, 1.6.

Same data here. There's another table online with all the weapon data but I don't have the link.

R3v4n wrote:

i speak for my self i can here the L9 from a mile away yet i struggle to hear the M24 at all.
Since I don't know that this is actually specced anywhere we'll have to disagree on this part; this'll be in the .CON files somewhere I'm sure, if anyone wants to look for it.

R3v4n wrote:

...i have mastered the M24, yet still learning the L9's Bullet Drop.
They're the same dude, that was what I was getting at. Bullet drop is the same for ALL rifles. It just 'feels' different. You can confirm this for yourself by just searching for the relevant thread (see the bullet velocities in the link above for why).
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6498|Valley of the Dragons

R3v4n wrote:

Todd_Angelo wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

I dont know what the PRIMA thing is but the only reliable source on the weapon statistics is the one made by [DUCKS]Black_Duck_1. He has been putting in research hours for months now so his word is final in all stats.

He just now made a new version of his Weapon Chart --> BF2 Weapons Chart - TotalBF2 Forums <--

Even in the new chart the L96A1 (5) has a faster reload time than the M24 (6).

Bulletdrop is the same for all weapons in the game. Its been argued to death, but the final word about it came from DICE ages ago. Check this reply by me in this forum here --> Need clarification with M95 vs L96A1 <--

Last edited by Jemme101 (2006-09-04 02:10:31)

MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6772|EUR
USA: L9
MEC: SVD
CHI: <-- who are they?
twiistaaa
+87|6666|mexico
rarely sniper but i prefer bolt action. but i hate the scope on the m95.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
L96A1 is like the AOL of sniper rifles is you get my drift. M24 is like IE. SVD and Type 88 are like  Mozilla Firefox.
^for noobs                                                                   ^for cool ppl                      ^for 1337 snipers

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-09-04 06:29:44)

Dr0pped
+8|6751|Ontario, Canada

allfive6 wrote:

I'm not sure that ANYTHING you have to say about ANY kind of infantry has any credibility as you have 74% of kills in vehicles....

Last edited by Dr0pped (2006-09-04 07:07:27)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard