B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6860|Cologne, Germany

M90Medic wrote:

I vould like to zee ze germanz in der next expansionsmodulgescheftung. Der KSK ist der shiznit venn it comez to zpezialeinsatsgruppen. Ja? Mein hunt hast kein nase.
being the nice guy that I am, I will take that as a joke...
superseal17
Banned
+1|6774
right, well... i'm not saying the game should be more realistic in a physical sense but surely they could have done some research or something. Has no-one from EA been to England or something.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6795|Kansas, USA
I know this may be considered arrogant, but I would assume most of the people playing this game undersatnd English to some extent. I wish ALL the voices were in English, but with an appropriate accent. Being up against an English speaking team has advantageous. When I hear "Grenade!" I know that someone on the other team has thrown one and I need to take cover. But, if you are on US or SAS and you hear an enemy voice you have no idea what they said (unless you speak that language, of course). They could be calling for a medic or could have just lobbed a grenade at you.

Yes, you can change all the voices to speak english, but then they cannot be differentiated between forces. The audio voices would be much more than just ambiance if I understood them all AND I could differentiate between them based upon accent.
dan500
+57|6867

Psycho wrote:

I know this may be considered arrogant, but I would assume most of the people playing this game undersatnd English to some extent. I wish ALL the voices were in English, but with an appropriate accent. Being up against an English speaking team has advantageous. When I hear "Grenade!" I know that someone on the other team has thrown one and I need to take cover. But, if you are on US or SAS and you hear an enemy voice you have no idea what they said (unless you speak that language, of course). They could be calling for a medic or could have just lobbed a grenade at you.
I understand almost all the Mec request voices, so when i here them asking for first aid, ill pistol em, when i hear em giving first aid i n00b tube
noxious89123
+0|6740
Lmao, what happened to not nuking the red cross?
thinner44
+1|6829

superseal17 wrote:

right, well... i'm not saying the game should be more realistic in a physical sense but surely they could have done some research or something. Has no-one from EA been to England or something.
I think they only know where to ship the games, not actually knowing where England is . Seriously, they couldn't be any more realistic than what they've done, we have far too many accents for them to have put in a mixture, personally, I would have made them all geordie... now that would be a laugh a minute
GearBox^XL
+0|6784|Mesa, AZ
Personally I think all of your team should be heard in english and your opposing team should be unrecognizable jibberish, pretty much how it would be if you were really fighting a foreign army any ways.
If you played long enough to pick up and understand what they were saying, then good for you.
Just a thought
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6806|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'

-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon wrote:

Ye olde Dick Van Dyke type talking

I think everyone should speak fluent cockney instead
Lol, no one outside the docks would know wtf was goin on."She has such long bacons"

Throw in a 'Corker' and people would just quit..la
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6740
lol i bet nobody in China talks like the chinese soldiers in BF2. Or the MECs...

The voices in BF2 are all about parody. And i escpecially love the SAS voices
M90Medic
Wiki Contributor
+2|6773|Medicland, sthlm

B.Schuss wrote:

M90Medic wrote:

I vould like to zee ze germanz in der next expansionsmodulgescheftung. Der KSK ist der shiznit venn it comez to zpezialeinsatsgruppen. Ja? Mein hunt hast kein nase.
being the nice guy that I am, I will take that as a joke...
Please do so, as it was thus intended.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6784|Dallas
The SAS guys sound like the emprorer off Star Wars.
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6743|New Hampshire
Eh - I've never been to England, but hell - I've seen "Are You Being Served" on PBS - the Brits do kinda sound like that, no?  Besides, I'm guessin' the UK has different accents from different regions - just like the people from the Northeast, Deep South, and the West (as well as Canada) all have different slangs and accents.
wensleydale8
+81|6788|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
im yorkshire but if EA were to get the accent right for the SAS  they would have to take accents from all over england from about 12 different counties which all vary heavily but the people in the the SAS are from all over the U.K so you would have scottish welsh english and irish accents which would be confusing.
e.g this is how wot i wud say for a nice looking girl: I saw a proper fit lass then put that in yorkshire accent its hard to recognise unless you come from there.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
shingara
+0|6793|the motherland uk

-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon wrote:

Ye olde Dick Van Dyke type talking

I think everyone should speak fluent cockney instead
he was american deeeee
cmdwedge
More TK's than you can poke a stick at
+5|6829|Canberra, Australia
More Australian SAS suggestions -

Commander [move to this position] "Hey Thommo, ya reckon you could get your mates over to Jacko's joint?"
Squad Leader [affirmative] "Yeah no worries, maaaaaaaaate"
Squad Leader [move to this position] "OK guys, the head honcho wants us over at Jacko's joint"
Squad Member [affirmative] "Bloody oath"
Squad Member [negative] "Piss off ya bastard"
SL [Follow me, men!] "Caaaaaaaaaaaaarn"
SM [negative] "Can't be stuffed, mate"
SL [Follow me, men!] "Alright, the boss is shoutin' the first round at Jacko's"
SM [affirmative] "Swooooooooooooit mate"
Commander [rebuke squad] "Hey mate, your sister is a dud root"
SL [negative] "Come over here and say that, ya wanker"

You could go on and on.
cmdwedge
More TK's than you can poke a stick at
+5|6829|Canberra, Australia

wensleydale8 wrote:

im yorkshire but if EA were to get the accent right for the SAS  they would have to take accents from all over england from about 12 different counties which all vary heavily but the people in the the SAS are from all over the U.K so you would have scottish welsh english and irish accents which would be confusing.
e.g this is how wot i wud say for a nice looking girl: I saw a proper fit lass then put that in yorkshire accent its hard to recognise unless you come from there.
From playing the demo of Call of Duty 2 - THEY seem to get the accents right. There are accents from all over the UK. There's a massive Scot with a thick scottish accent (complete with beard and all!). Very well done. The voicing never seemed 'over the top'.
[R]age^B-HeKtiC^
You like that, biatch!?
+25|6823|Uk

Kingswat wrote:

superseal17 wrote:

I think that EA has completly gone over board with the english voices. English do NOT sound like that at all in real life. Why can't they understand that like in 1942 when they went "TALLY HO" No one talks like that ever!
Wrong, in ww2 it was common for commanders to say Tally Ho!.  So don't say thay no one "EVER" talks like that.
Thats WW2 dickhead, not 2005
Kynon
+0|6777

[R]age^B-HeKtiC^ wrote:

Kingswat wrote:

superseal17 wrote:

I think that EA has completly gone over board with the english voices. English do NOT sound like that at all in real life. Why can't they understand that like in 1942 when they went "TALLY HO" No one talks like that ever!
Wrong, in ww2 it was common for commanders to say Tally Ho!.  So don't say thay no one "EVER" talks like
that.
Thats WW2 dickhead, not 2005
And WHEN, exactly, was WW2? Sometime around 1942, perhaps? And the characters in BF1942, set in 1942, speak like they live in 1942?!?!? That's just plain ridiculous!! I mean, get with the times, guys...

=P
BradLikesWaffles
+0|6778

Psycho wrote:

Yes, you can change all the voices to speak english, but then they cannot be differentiated between forces. The audio voices would be much more than just ambiance if I understood them all AND I could differentiate between them based upon accent.
Very true, i lose so many games with the foreign armies, and win most with the US. They should have english voices in a chinese or mec accent, and then you can choose what language you want the WHOLE game in.

Might get a tad confusing. If you're chinese, and you play as SAS, you'd have chinese people speaking chinese in an english accent. Many different combinations and now im just blabbering....
shingara
+0|6793|the motherland uk

KtotheIMMY wrote:

For this being such a "stupid ass topic", you wasted a lot of time responding to it.

lush-kil wrote:

What a stupid ass topic. It's a not a realistic game and never will be. Would take too much effort for EA to make it realistic. You guys want stuff you'll never get in this game. So just enjoy what you have and play the game. You want to play a realistic army combat based game go download Americas Army. Where there's no bunny hopping, no jumping and shooting at same time, no shooting while prone driving rolling, M203 does not arm till it goes 15 feet, where breathing affects your aiming and flashbangs take health away. Cause a flashbang in real life does hurt. A flashbang can cause permenant damge to eye sight and some times permenant blindness .
lol.... so rofl

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard