Graphic
Real Horrorshow
+24|6496|Nevada

Krysiss wrote:

I have searched some work from them and you can eassly say it's ten times better then bf2142
How?  You think it's 50 times better off some early renders and concept drawings?  Give me a fucking break.  It's not EA so it's the best thing ever made.  Stupid bandwagoning kids...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Krysiss wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Krysiss wrote:

learn history at discovery channel.
Rofl.   Fail..............horribly Fail.
so discovery is lieing?
didn't know that, rolf
Did I say that?  No.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6650|Washington DC

Krysiss wrote:

but let's g ontopic please
Yes ... get back on topic (last warning).

If you want to discuss world history, then start or find a thread in Not BF2S, Not BF2.   
Xiayohen
+0|6448
Just putting a note on this topic.

Personally, I'd have to say that I'd rather play a game where it's mostly original and not based off of another game, such as Mechwarrior (Battletech). From this "MTS" mod that I've seen with loads of other screenshots, most are just bits and forms from Mechwarrior directly: the tanks, the flyers, even the mechs. (Cougar, Madcat; aka Timberwolf, Vulture, and so on).

Anyone who played Mechcommander should know this, or rather any Mechwarrior game. But yeah. It's just mod putting those bits into BF2. Actually I went to their site and they institute this mod to every game there is, including C&C: Generals. BF2142 has things that is a new experience for players. We can't know what the MTS mod had in mind in gameplay, or the final version of BF2142. Either way, if you don't want to play it, it's fine.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

"3. Lack of interest and support from the CBT community in general."

Can you stop blaming EA now?
Septimius2
+9|6469
thank goodness you all got back on topic... i mean.. in pretty much all the off-topic posts the spelling and grammar was utterly pathetic... my IQ dropped 30 points just from reading page 2...

on topic... i figure people spend money on a game they want... and if there are mods out there to try.. they can check em out.. but not all games will have good mods.. and the "mods" that the companies sell that seem like all they are  are "mods".. if you dont like that, then dont buy em...

other than that.. i think im rambling and scared that maybe i just went off-topic.. lol..
Krysiss
+15|6475|NL

Septimius2 wrote:

thank goodness you all got back on topic... i mean.. in pretty much all the off-topic posts the spelling and grammar was utterly pathetic... my IQ dropped 30 points just from reading page 2...

on topic... i figure people spend money on a game they want... and if there are mods out there to try.. they can check em out.. but not all games will have good mods.. and the "mods" that the companies sell that seem like all they are  are "mods".. if you dont like that, then dont buy em...

other than that.. i think im rambling and scared that maybe i just went off-topic.. lol..
off topic

rolf lost 30 iq points, how much dit you had in the first place for you joinend bf2s.com

ontopic but look at half-life 2.
great mod support because the mod list of half-life 2 is 8 times bigger and the community is also much bigger.
there sales come from mod support because I buyed half-life 2 really for the mods.

half-life is just great example of good support if you look at EA/dice they say they support the mod community,
but it doesn't really look like it if they limit it with hardcoding of some part of the engine
Krysiss
+15|6475|NL

usmarine2005 wrote:

maby try to read every everything.

the first two reasons

1. EA. BF2142 had to live, so MTS had to die.

To achieve our goal of combined arms (infantry/battlearmor, tanks, mechs and aerospace), we needed the ability to modify some vital areas of the game code. In BF2, those areas were specifically hardcoded. At first, we did not know why these parts were locked, but the answer is pretty obvious now.

2. Morale. The team has disbanded as we took a very big morale hit when we found that we couldn't even add mechs into the game.

Especially after putting in so much effort into the mod.
Several attempts were made to ressurect the mod, but the initial motivation and enthusiasm to work on it had already died along with the team.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6538|Internetfitlerland

Mech Warrior 3 anyone?  Madcat?
Krysiss
+15|6475|NL

Xiayohen wrote:

Just putting a note on this topic.

Personally, I'd have to say that I'd rather play a game where it's mostly original and not based off of another game, such as Mechwarrior (Battletech). From this "MTS" mod that I've seen with loads of other screenshots, most are just bits and forms from Mechwarrior directly: the tanks, the flyers, even the mechs. (Cougar, Madcat; aka Timberwolf, Vulture, and so on).

Anyone who played Mechcommander should know this, or rather any Mechwarrior game. But yeah. It's just mod putting those bits into BF2. Actually I went to their site and they institute this mod to every game there is, including C&C: Generals. BF2142 has things that is a new experience for players. We can't know what the MTS mod had in mind in gameplay, or the final version of BF2142. Either way, if you don't want to play it, it's fine.
Me to, but seeing some skins/renders of MTS, doesn't really make me care about it anymore if it's orignal.
also not to forget they where all 24% done.

that is much if you spend much free time in it.

Last edited by Krysiss (2006-09-03 02:24:44)

Krysiss
+15|6475|NL

~Smokey~ wrote:

Mech Warrior 3 anyone?  Madcat?
I know played it to.

I loved to spam with all the weapons everytime
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6501|Valley of the Dragons
The Mechwarrior series did own back in its days and I would love to see a Mod for it. I dont think BF2142 will do it justice from what I have seen thusfar. The DevTeam that was developing MTS was right on the money however. Too bad they folded when they did. I hope they can port it to another engine.
I hope the Warhammer 40k guys do succeed. On the HL engine there was a 40k mod and that was pretty nice from what was possible in those days. The NF2 engine should b able to get make it even better.

On a side note about what has been written here in the last 20 posts. I dont blame anybody for thinking that the US liberated Europe. Most people think the tide of war changed after D-Day. However the German advance into Russia was allready stopped in '42. The last major offensive, Zitadelle. was in '43 by the Germans and was the biggest tankbattle till date. The German army was broken in that battle and subsequently was retreating from there on out.
Stalin pleaded the West for a second front from the moment the became Allies. It was only in '43 that the West set foot on mainland Europe again in Italy. They got bogged down and the small fronts in southern France and Anzio didnt do much in terms of making headway to the north to the vital areas of Germany.
The Russian Army was allready moving all out by that time and the Germans kept on retreating. The Russians only stopped once near Warschau where one of the worst ww2 crimes took place at that moment. The nazis slaughtering large parts of the civil population. The reason for that being the Uprise of Warschau because the resistance thought the Red Army was coming any moment and they wanted to help from within the city. The Russians thought it better to let the Germans deal with this resistance so the Russians in turn wouldnt have to deal with them. They have never been convicted of this crime btw (the Russians) but thats another story.

Anways it took the West 4 years to get back into the action and for a large part this was due to the fact the Russians were doing so well. The West wanted to safeguard countries like France, Italy and Germany (Ruhr area). Preperation were underway in England but not nearly as far as they wanted it to be. The sailed out to Normandy nevertheless with not enough landingboats and not enough airplanes for paradrops. They suceeded but at a higher price than anticipated.
The Germans strategy by that time was to stop the Russian advance and force the West to open negotiations so the Germans could convince the West that the Russians were the bigger threat. The Winter offensive in '44 was aimed at just that, moving towards the portcity of Antwerp and forcing negotiations.
It didnt matter because the gamble on getting fuel for the German tanks by using Allied supplies didnt pay of and the tanks of the Gemans ran out of fuel. The Germans kept on defending the East and doing very little in the West but in the end Stalin was held to his agreement on dividing Europe. That and the stiff German defense in the East is what helped the West in its advance and securing it goals.

Btw the Netherlands wasnt liberated by the Americans but by the Canadians and the Dutch themselves.
[JUK]semerkhet
+3|6632
There are some modders who get either the support and/or recognition they deserve.
Trauma studios who made the superb desert combat mod for BF 1942 were actually bought out by DICE to work on the BF2 engine.  maybe EA had nothing to do with this but DICE at least recognised the talent they had (DC was probably the best mod for BF1942, which i personally played far more than standard BF1942).
Although it was still a move which would increase the revenue of EA/DICE, at least the studio that created a mod that was to be very similar to BF2 got in on some of it.

Anyway, just thought id point out that the modders don't always get completely screwed, and EA need to realise the modding communities importance in todays PC games market, because without desert combat existing, chances are i wouldnt have bothered with BF2.
Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6846

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

stryyker wrote:

uhhh... no shit they are hungry for money. Its called Capitalism, you need money to do things. Employees, materials, advertisement, developing, shipping. A producer/publisher will not openly support a mod, because they wont see revenue from it.
your right, not to many people around here seem  to realize that EA and Dice are businesses, everyone seems to think their a non profit organization who are only there to make us happy.
pfft, there is such a thing called ethics, Valve seems to have such a thing. I really dislike EA, they produce soemthing half assed and get paid for it? What sort of society do we live in, where a company which rips it's ideas off it's own community, bastardises a franchise after buying it and then sacks the creators of the franichise completely.
Krysiss
+15|6475|NL

[JUK]semerkhet wrote:

There are some modders who get either the support and/or recognition they deserve.
Trauma studios who made the superb desert combat mod for BF 1942 were actually bought out by DICE to work on the BF2 engine.  maybe EA had nothing to do with this but DICE at least recognised the talent they had (DC was probably the best mod for BF1942, which i personally played far more than standard BF1942).
Although it was still a move which would increase the revenue of EA/DICE, at least the studio that created a mod that was to be very similar to BF2 got in on some of it.

Anyway, just thought id point out that the modders don't always get completely screwed, and EA need to realise the modding communities importance in todays PC games market, because without desert combat existing, chances are i wouldnt have bothered with BF2.
but  they where ditchted trauma studio's and fast.
and now they are working on a game called something front  aussalt or something with the newest engine the unreal tournament 2007 engine.

--edit---
Trauma Studios is an American computer game developer company founded in 2003. They are most known for having created Desert Combat, the most successful mod of Battlefield 1942.

On September 1, 2004, Digital Illusions CE bought Trauma Studios. Since then, they have been collaborating on creating the first-person shooter Battlefield 2, follow-up to Battlefield 1942. On June 7, 2005, Digital Illusions announced that they would shut down Trauma Studios.

In January, 2006, the team behind Trauma Studios were hired by well-known publisher THQ to create a new internal development studio known as Kaos Studios. Their first game, Frontlines: Fuel of War, is expected in 2007.
---edit---

I think you are right with your last point because half-life just does his job well.
Septimius2
+9|6469

Krysiss wrote:

rolf lost 30 iq points, how much dit you had in the first place for you joinend bf2s.com
i HAD about 78...

but i guess now im worse off than forrest gump...

shrimp boats for me!!!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Krysiss wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

maby try to read every everything.

the first two reasons

1. EA. BF2142 had to live, so MTS had to die.

To achieve our goal of combined arms (infantry/battlearmor, tanks, mechs and aerospace), we needed the ability to modify some vital areas of the game code. In BF2, those areas were specifically hardcoded. At first, we did not know why these parts were locked, but the answer is pretty obvious now.

2. Morale. The team has disbanded as we took a very big morale hit when we found that we couldn't even add mechs into the game.

Especially after putting in so much effort into the mod.
Several attempts were made to ressurect the mod, but the initial motivation and enthusiasm to work on it had already died along with the team.
You really think I didn't read that?  I give up.  You win.  EA is a big bad bully.
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6534|Denmizzark!!
Erhm.. maybe they closed it because those mech`s are exact copys of copyrighted mech`s from Battletech?(mech-warrior)..
Krysiss
+15|6475|NL

sgt.sonner wrote:

Erhm.. maybe they closed it because those mech`s are exact copys of copyrighted mech`s from Battletech?(mech-warrior)..
read the other posts, they are doing there job now on the quake wars engine

Last edited by Krysiss (2006-09-05 12:24:11)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard