Poll

Will BF2 die after the release of BF2142?

Yes.31%31% - 59
No.68%68% - 131
Total: 190
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6769|Human Meat Shield

Mr.Casual wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Aardcore wrote:

YES! BF2 will live because Point of Existence 2 has served as the medic and shock paddled it back to life!

===
EAGames [Horrible Patch] BattleF2
*PointofE2 swings into action as it dives prone and whips out the shock paddles*
PointofE2: Clear!
PointofE2: Alright! You're good to go!
===
FTW
QFT
FTW!! (since I don't know what QFT means)
dhoar4
Banned
+151|6536|Forest Lake, Australia
It already has died...EA refused to release Patch 1.4, and people have gotten sick of it
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6591|Your attic
Mods, espcially POE2, will keep BF2 alive, I think theres more people still playing POE1 then there are BF:V so the outlook isn't too bad. EA/Dice will most likely cut support to BF2 after 1.4 (unless something is majorly screwed up) the stats servers will eventually be brought offline, but that won't be for a long while. Personnally I'll be playing 2142 like crazy, and POE2 when I feel the need to muck around with some current day warfare.

As people have said, CS 1.6 has not died, Quake has not died, UT (the orginal) hasn't died, BF2 won't die for a while either. Great games do not die, the following just gets a little smaller and you find that the player base is stronger and much more mature.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida
I don't think so, especially because of all of the anti 2142 talk thats been going around.
Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6450|United States
No. BF1942 still have over 2,000 people playing it everyday and Vietnam over 10,000. Since Bf2 was way bigger than both Vietnam & 1942, i'm expecting BF2's average players per day to stay over 20,000 for the next year or so.

I know alot of people arent buying 2142, due to anger towards EA. But I know I am, the whole futuristic setting is pretty sweet.
Aust1mh
+23|6569|Sydney, Australia

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

2142 is just a cheap and nasty BF2 mod
Thankyou!
You guys can pay 70 bucks for the 2145 mod... BF2 was the BIG step
for the Battlefield games, i'll be right here playin it...

it'll take me another 10 years to get General anyway!

BF2 will LIVE
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6673|Colorado
It's too good of a game to die, I said the only way I'd get 2142 is if someone bought it for me, someone did but I'll be playing bf2 as my main shooter regardless.
Like someone said, there are still people playing 1942 ffs.
Aardcore
+60|6713|USA, Arizona

imdead wrote:

Mr.Casual wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

FTW
QFT
FTW!! (since I don't know what QFT means)
Yeah I'm as confused as imdead here, what does QFT mean? :\
twiistaaa
+87|6669|mexico

JE3146 wrote:

ZoMg_h4x wrote:

LoonykStephane wrote:

Cause I love BF2 too much to let a WanabeeInTheFutureWar game kill a great game as BF2...

Edit: ZoMg_h4x why did you say yes....
its not necessarily going to die but it will definetely fade out especially when EA stops tracking stats.
no video game ever dies
When are they going to stop tracking stats?
a good 3-5 years i'd say. i mean as storage space gets cheaper i dont see how it'd be that expensive to keep it going for awhile.
NaziPredator
+41|6465|Luton -WorstTownInBritain-
i give it 6 months
evil_twin
+6|6685

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

QFT
chrise112
+12|6623|Your bathroom
I think bf2 will die because most people would be like ZOMG LETS BUY 2142 ZOMG THIS IS DA H4X then a month later ZOMG THIS IS CRAP screw bf2 all together

i dont think i will buy bf2 it looks like fun but its 2 futuristic for me
Dr_3V|L
+51|6725|Twente, The Netherlands
Bf2 will die eventually, but not as soon as some people seem to think.
-fe.lep-
+8|6703
Are you seriously suggesting that ALL the people that bought bf2 are going to be dumb enough to buy 2142 when its really just bf2 with some new skins?? LOL Anyone with ANY sense will realise this is just another way for EA/Dice to rip off customers for more money with a faulty product. It will be a cold day in hell before I give these people 1 more penny for their malfunctioning bullshit. BF2 will live on because hopefully people will have the sense to vote with their wallets and hit EA where it hurt's.

Fuck 2142.
Aardcore
+60|6713|USA, Arizona
Why does everyone keep saying 2142 is a mod? Performance in the engine looks improved and actually looks more interesting than BF2 in my opinion, yet it's still being called a mod. The textures look better, gameplay seems to look better as well and I'm still holding hope that EA/DICE can prove they can actually get something right, otherwise I might be wrong... I'm not in the tuning beta or anything so I can't tell personally about the game itself but upon speculation on gameplay footage, interviews and some reviews upon which people have played already, it seems promising.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

I will never let bf2 die because of a bloody future-game.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
TinMaN
+5|6449|Kansas City, KS, USA
I don't think it will die because everyone loves to go in and be the pwnrer of a game full of noobs.... just can't beat that feeling.  And it will be that much more sweet once the taunts are put into place.
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6548|USA bitches!
Eventually it will...
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6548|USA bitches!

evil_twin wrote:

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

QFT
What does QFT stand for?
Afrika_18
+26|6543
vanilla will die, but the mods will flourish (POE2, FH2, OPK...)
BiBi
+25|6626

Jenkinsbball wrote:

evil_twin wrote:

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

QFT
What does QFT stand for?
Quoted for Truth
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=qft
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6533|Denmizzark!!
I hope not..
l=l-Oneill-l=l
+27|6837|Dundas, ONT, Canada

killer21 wrote:

No.  Unless EA forces people to play 2142 by shutting bf2 servers down. 
They can't shut down the servers, they are privately own. The only thing they can do is shut down stats trucking system.

Most of the games you can get custom maps and mods. With BF2 to truck your stats you going to have to play the same map all over and over. Unfortunately after a while it gets very, very boring. I would seriously  would like to see some custom maps on rank servers. That would definitely keep BF2 alive.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6695|Howell, Mi USA
No Bf2 will never die, too many people aren't getting 2142.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Crestfallen
+27|6449|England, Leicester
BF2's fan base will grow smaller over the years, but it will have a considerable following for a long time.  It won't die out when 2142 is released, although I wouldn't be surprised if you do see a small drop in the number of players from BF2.  Its inevitable, but at this point I seriously doubt that there is anything to really worry about.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard