Afrika_18
+26|6555
I've flown both helo's and been a gunner in both.  But whenever I get a lock with either an aa or at missile, I shoot and the missiles don't track the targets.  They've behaved basically like rockets.  Are you supposed to guide them yourself with the mouse?  Or are they fire and forget?  If they're fire and forget they don't work.
Redback00
+51|6587
You have to guide the tv missle by keeping your crosshair on the target and left clicking to redirect the missle.

We were all new with it once...good luck
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6720|67.222.138.85

Redback00 wrote:

You have to guide the tv missle by keeping your crosshair on the target and left clicking to redirect the missle.

He's talking about POE2.
Afrika_18
+26|6555

Redback00 wrote:

Thanks, but I know about the tv missiles, I mean the anti-tank missles and anti-air missiles that come with both the tiger and hind choppers.  When I get a lock with either missile, I shoot but they just fire like rockets...they don't track to the target.  With the air to air missiles, they've actually veered away from the target when I get a lock.  The only success I've had in the choppers is with the rockets (which are freaking awesome) and the machine guns.  If any1 knows a trick to using these please let me know, thanks in advance!
Scratch[USA]
+105|6560
They do see to miss a bit.  The AA rockets do like to track off and kill something else.  On tanks they can throw countermeasures that will disorient the rocket, but I do agree it is not a guaranteed kill every time you get a lock on.
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6657|United States - Illinois
In the tiger you don't have to guide them.  But if the tanks or whatever ground target you are attacking hits their counter measures at the right time you gonna miss.
And / or makes sure you're using the right rocket
and  /or make sure you have a good lock.

ON a side note they need to make the missle lock on someone else a different sound then the lock sound that is on you when you're locked on by someone else.
lehter
+4|6461

Afrika_18 wrote:

I've flown both helo's and been a gunner in both.  But whenever I get a lock with either an aa or at missile, I shoot and the missiles don't track the targets.  They've behaved basically like rockets.  Are you supposed to guide them yourself with the mouse?  Or are they fire and forget?  If they're fire and forget they don't work.
How far away from the target were you when you fired the missiles?

It seems that the missiles (both AA and AG) need some distance to steer themselves to the target - 10 feet will not cut it, and it may seem that they fly straight into the ground like rockets.

HTH,
Lehter

Last edited by lehter (2006-09-01 05:26:38)

Rosse_modest
+76|6789|Antwerp, Flanders
As already mentioned the anti-tank missiles need some distance for them to start tracking the target, also make sure the target is not at an all too big angle. I get the impression that that the guidance system isn't all that good. I've noticed a couple of times that it sometimes takes 2 of those babies to take out a tank (either these missiles are not all that powerful or the guidance system sucks giving me the appearance of a direct hit when in fact it lands right in front of the tank).

It's amazing how fast I go through those 4 missiles sometimes only taking out one stationary target, they should have loaded the damn things with 8 missiles (I'd say 6 but that sounds like such an awkward number, missilewise). Those 4 anti-tanks are a big contrast to the seemingly endless supply of rockets on board.

Last edited by Rosse_modest (2006-09-01 05:54:04)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6719|Antarctica

Afrika_18 wrote:

They are about as accurate as 1.02 AA from BF2.  I've hit a few choppers with them but you gotta line up right.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard